Too Young When They Died

Tiger

I came up with a short list of celebrities who I think died when they were way to young to die. I'm sure others can think of some more who's lives were ended way too soon. :(

1. John Lennon
  2. Elvis
  3. Marilyn Monroe
  4. Heath Ledger
  5. John F. Kennedy
  6. Princess Diana

I came up with a short list of celebrities who I think died when they were way to young to die. I'm sure others can think of some more who's lives were ended way too soon. :(

1. John Lennon
  2. Elvis
  3. Marilyn Monroe
  4. Heath Ledger
  5. John F. Kennedy
  6. Princess Diana

I understand what you mean and don't want to hijack the thread.

And I don't want to seem trivial, but I feel the need to point out that, with the possible exception of great criminals and those in severe pain, EVERYONE's life ends way too soon. Personally, if I live to be 200, I will still think that my life has ended way too soon!

:/

Kit

Musicians:

Jimi Hendrix

Janis Joplin

Jim Morrison

Buddy Holly

Richie Valens

Kurt Cobain

Aaliyah

Selena

Layne Staley

Shannon Hoon

Tupac

Actors:

James Dean

River Phoenix

Brandon Lee

Brad Renfro

Jonathan Brandis

Chris Farley

John Belushi

John Ritter

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more obvious ones I'm missing.

I agree, Princess Diana was way to young when she died. I was pretty young when she did die, but as I got older I read more about her and I still say that the 'People's Princess' died way to young.

Ronnie Regan...

the dasy they broadcast his funeral

I just cried they had it on tv at school

kids didnt understand why I cried but I needed too and did

I agree, he was a really good man at heart, even though I tend to disagree with some of his policies.

Mother Theresa is another person who died to early. She was a bright light in our sometimes bleak world. If there were only more people like her...

And I don't want to seem trivial, but I feel the need to point out that, with the possible exception of great criminals and those in severe pain, EVERYONE's life ends way too soon. Personally, if I live to be 200, I will still think that my life has ended way too soon!

Kit

I totally agree with you, Kit...

• Saddam Hussein

lol

Ronnie Regan...

the dasy they broadcast his funeral

I just cried they had it on tv at school

kids didnt understand why I cried but I needed too and did

Like the 'kids,' I don't understand the cult around Reagan either...

Personally, I'd have liked to see the following people live longer: Anne Sexton, Sylvia Plath, Vincenzo Bellini, WA Mozart, Schubert, and Zhuge Liang. :P

:/ Kit

I agree 100 % with that ! :worship:

Too young to die ? what does it mean ?

I believe we are on earth to fulfil a purpose. When its done, we can die peacefully. Some leave us young, some have to wait.

How many children are dying on earth in Africa and Asia ? Their age has nothing to do with the political and economical troubles wich are the causes of their death.

Neither I want to hijack the thread. But I'm just asking whats the sense of it ?

Old bob

I agree 100 % with that ! :worship:

Too young to die ? what does it mean ?

I believe we are on earth to fulfil a purpose. When its done, we can die peacefully. Some leave us young, some have to wait.

How many children are dying on earth in Africa and Asia ? Their age has nothing to do with the political and economical troubles wich are the causes of their death.

Neither I want to hijack the thread. But I'm just asking whats the sense of it ?

Old bob

I agree, Old Bob. Plus, just because they are famous, does not make their deaths any more or less important.

As long as we're talking celebrities, I'll add Flannery O'Connor and Brian O'Nolan.

If we were talking about anyone, I'd say my nephew who at the age of three fell down an old well and drowned. He may have have the potential to become a celebrity, but it was snuffed out.

Kit

Lol, you might change your mind about that when you're at the Old Folks Home at age 157 or so... :P

But you have a point in that all those who die when they're in the middle of something they'd have liked to finish, die too young. And that happens to so many people... I do think there are some who feel that they've finished what they wanted to do though, and who don't mind dying even if those around them might be of a different opinion. And it's interesting, when you've seen some (fairly close ones) die, you know who was ready for it and who wasn't.