[Krista] Conflicts (On Hold)

Heyyy! New story, YAY! :D Glad you found some time to do some writing during your hectic school schedule. Your fans need youuuu!

Like Drewbie said, I can already sense a conflict brewing, like we're just waiting for the attraction between Brandon and Johnathan to surface and for the shit to hit the fan once everyone realizes it. I'm already anticipating a big ol' mess down the line.

I liked how you jumped right into the story, not explaining much, but slowly developing things for us. I like when the story progresses quickly, and within the first chapter we already meet Brandon, his mother, and we find out a little about Johnathan's family, as in they weren't accepting of him.

We haven't met Kevin yet, but I hope he's a really great guy, otherwise everyone will be rooting for Brandon. I know I'm totally speculating what will happen, but I hope there won't be too much heartbreak, sadness, blah, blah in this story...but with the underlying attraction/spark that was evident between the two guys, you're making me nervous! LOL.

Rambling....

BTW, is this story complete or are you wrting as you go along?

Hmm, Country boy Brandon seems into Johnathan, and Kevin is away at work most times. I can see a bit of conflict already.

I like it so far, I think others still are waiting for more are you christian :P

Lol. I'm glad you read it Drewbie! I hope it wasn't because I kept... bi***ing about it though!

Yeah, I may slide in a few chapters of AYC before the year is over.. lol... no promises. :)

Heyyy! New story, YAY! :D Glad you found some time to do some writing during your hectic school schedule. Your fans need youuuu!

Like Drewbie said, I can already sense a conflict brewing, like we're just waiting for the attraction between Brandon and Johnathan to surface and for the shit to hit the fan once everyone realizes it. I'm already anticipating a big ol' mess down the line.

I liked how you jumped right into the story, not explaining much, but slowly developing things for us. I like when the story progresses quickly, and within the first chapter we already meet Brandon, his mother, and we find out a little about Johnathan's family, as in they weren't accepting of him.

We haven't met Kevin yet, but I hope he's a really great guy, otherwise everyone will be rooting for Brandon. I know I'm totally speculating what will happen, but I hope there won't be too much heartbreak, sadness, blah, blah in this story...but with the underlying attraction/spark that was evident between the two guys, you're making me nervous! LOL.

Rambling....

BTW, is this story complete or are you wrting as you go along?

Hey Tiff! Glad you read the first chapter! I like to think this story will be different from my other stories.. but, since I'm a Romance writer, I believe there will be a lot of room for lovin'... but yeah, it's easy to guess there would be a darker element to this story.

I'm not going to give anything away yet. :ph34r: Right now I'm just hoping people actually read it.. haha.

Anyway, to answer your question I am writing and posting this story at the same time, but I'm staying three to four chapters ahead of the posting. :)

Thanks for reading!

Krista

I decided to read it myself. This is a fascinating story so far. I happen to think the storm was foreshadowing of a storm of a different kind. It's funny how clothes are conveniently taken away because of it as well. The conflicts are shaping up quite nicely. I look forward to more.

Hey...me again. LOL. Actually, this randomly came to me last night for some odd reason. I guess I was contemplating writing and everything. But anyway, I remember reading your early works a long time ago and I have to say that I love this new story because it's more mature with older characters, and more intense, with something dark and conflicting lurking and waiting to happen. Not to mention your style has evolved. It's so smooth and just flows that it was such a pleasure reading it, because I couldn't stop the consistent, intriguing flow. Not much happened in the first chapter, but with the description of the fields/Brandon, you held my attention with your choice of words/sentences. I really look forward to this story and hopes there are many more postings to come, and FAST! I'm impatient.

Okok, enough for now. Yeah, stalking Krista now. :D

I decided to read it myself. This is a fascinating story so far. I happen to think the storm was foreshadowing of a storm of a different kind. It's funny how clothes are conveniently taken away because of it as well. The conflicts are shaping up quite nicely. I look forward to more.

Thanks for reading Tim! :) I'm glad you liked the first chapter.

My first experience with your work, Krista, and a pleasant one at that. Haha, if one finds conflict pleasant, as this one is sure to have no easy answers.

Thank you for your effort. I look forward to chapter 2.

Tracy

Hey! Thanks for giving me a shot. Yeah, this story is different from my other works, so I hope to pull the story forward and keep it different. :) Anyway, as the title is Conflicts one can expect a lot of them. :ph34r:

Krista

Hey...me again. LOL. Actually, this randomly came to me last night for some odd reason. I guess I was contemplating writing and everything. But anyway, I remember reading your early works a long time ago and I have to say that I love this new story because it's more mature with older characters, and more intense, with something dark and conflicting lurking and waiting to happen. Not to mention your style has evolved. It's so smooth and just flows that it was such a pleasure reading it, because I couldn't stop the consistent, intriguing flow. Not much happened in the first chapter, but with the description of the fields/Brandon, you held my attention with your choice of words/sentences. I really look forward to this story and hopes there are many more postings to come, and FAST! I'm impatient.

Okok, enough for now. Yeah, stalking Krista now. :D

Yes! Thank you for saying that Conflicts is more mature, because that is what I am reaching for.. lol. Reading over some of my older works, I saw that I needed to mature the setting, characters, and such.. to make the story different. So I'm glad you commented on that, because it is a goal with this story and the two other stories that are new and will eventually be worked on and wrote. Flowing and smoothness of the writing is also something I'm trying to work on as well. And I did want this one to involve nature a lot more.

So thanks Tiff! :)

Krista

Great job on the story so far Krista..... looking foreward to more chapters

And I can't wait for AYC! :)

Thanks for looking at this story (finally). I knew I had faith in you for a reason. :)

Lol. AYC.. hmm... yeah, you may wait a little longer. :P

Krista

wonderful wonderful! i've always loved your stories and this one really looks great so far! i especially like the rustic location and the more mature characters. i also liked how the characters have pasts that you are slowly unrevealing. maybe there is something hiding back there that will become important later? anyways, really looking forward to more chapters!

p.s. i'm also waiting for more of he got to me. any hope of that? :)

wonderful wonderful! i've always loved your stories and this one really looks great so far! i especially like the rustic location and the more mature characters. i also liked how the characters have pasts that you are slowly unrevealing. maybe there is something hiding back there that will become important later? anyways, really looking forward to more chapters!

p.s. i'm also waiting for more of he got to me. any hope of that? :)

Hey! Thanks for reading this new story from me. I'm glad you like it and think these characters are more mature. It's what I'm going for with this story. :)

Lol. Also, He Got To Me will be picked up again... one of these days. :P

Krista

I have more of a sense that Jonathon feels as though something is missing in his life. I think I know where it is going. Meanwhile, Kevin seems suspicious already. I think he is correct in having them, but we shall see where it goes from here. Good chapter, Krista. There, I read it. :P

Chapter 2! YAY! I'm a bit delayed in reading and now I'm feeling slightly more caught up. Great chapter and I love how this is moving along. Even though it's slow, I get so invested in the plot and dialogue and feelings that are expressed so well that it moves faster than expected. I look forward to future chapters!

John and Kevin may be in love, but I feel like their relationship is lacking something? Perhaps they've been together so long that they no longer appreciate one another or are slowly growing apart? For some reason I don't like Kevin. At least in comparison to Brandon. Kevin might have grown up there, but he doesn't seem to fit in anymore. It seems like he doesn't even like it there and only moved there to save money or something.

I understand his jealousy and everything, but he doesn't connect with John. Like when John was waiting for Kevin to say something about dinner, or the way Kevin just showered and went to bed, or wasn't happy about the dog. Even though John doesn't really know Brandon, they connect well. Brandon seems like a really good guy. And maybe the laidback lifestyle and friendly people sparing the time for a conversation is what John needed all along.

I can't wait to read more and see what happens.

Tiff, it could be that John and Kevin need a boost. I do foresee an affair. It can destroy a relationship, but there are cases in which it is a wake-up call for the couple. It will be interesting to see which case it is in this particular story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Chapter 4 is up

Jonathan isn't very close with Kevin it seems, Maybe it's cause we haven't seen him much?

I would be weirded out if my boyfriend takes a guys clothes that he hardly knows.

Lol. I'm glad you brought up Kevin. Kevin will be brought out some more in the next chapter(s). The relationships will begin to start getting more complex as well. :ph34r:

Thanks for reading Drewbie!

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who are waiting for the next chapter, it's safe to say that I started it last night. :) For the delay, sorry, but school is kicking my butt right now.. end of the year and all.. and I do have eight finals to study for...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still very much with you on this one, Krista. And I rather like not knowing what everyone's story is yet.

Being a terrible "guesser" makes me a patient reader, with patience comes the reward of hearing the story

you want to tell, the way you want to tell it.

Thank you for your effort, always.

Tracy