Story Recommendations

gnanow

Kit, I feel I must congratulate you in such blatant and shameless self-promotion. That is quite a talent :P

(To be fair though, they are very good stories).

Also, welcome to the site Gnanow! :)

Martin

Kit, I feel I must congratulate you in such blatant and shameless self-promotion. That is quite a talent :P

Martin

Why, thank you!

:)

That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day.

Actually, maybe the blatant and shameless self-promotion was something I caught during my time on Authonomy.

:(

Hopefully, I will find a cure!

Kit

• Site Administrator
Hey! I just discovered this site and realised that there's a vast resource of stories hosted here and don't know where to start. Any recommendations?

Welcome! :D

You've asked a difficult question. I certainly haven't read everything on the site. I haven't even read all of the hosted author stories!

My suggestion is to start with the list of authors. I'll let some others weigh in with more details, but if you like Science Fiction and/or Fantasy, you can't go past dkstories's stories. For adventure/thriller, check out C James's stories, and Don Hanratty has one of the classics of the Internet -- Working It Out.

I'll let others suggest other genres -- I'm sure we have at least one horror writer, and lots of relationship stories (my favourites). And, before I get lynched by the Domaholics, Dom Luka should be high up on your list of authors to read :)

Edited by Graeme

Welcome! :D

You've asked a difficult question. I certainly haven't read everything on the site. I haven't even read all of the hosted author stories!

My suggestion is to start with the list of authors. I'll let some others weigh in with more details, but if you like Science Fiction and/or Fantasy, you can't go past dkstories's stories. For adventure/thriller, check out C James's stories, and Don Hanratty has one of the classics of the Internet -- Working It Out.

I'll let others suggest other genres -- I'm sure we have at least one horror writer, and lots of relationship stories (my favourites). And, before I get lynched by the Domaholics, Dom Luka should be high up on your list of authors to read :)

Speaking of blatant and shameless self-promotion, you can find links to my work below.

Seriously though, you forgot Comicality, and he's f**king awesome. Comicality

And then there's this guy Graeme. You might check out his work. He thinks he's a damn good author. He's right. :PGraeme

• Site Administrator
Seriously though, you forgot Comicality, and he's f**king awesome. Comicality

But if I had mentioned him, we'd never see gnanow again! Comie has so much stuff that it would take forever to read them all.... :P

Yes, Comicality's "A Class By Himself" was actually my first and then I read a few (okay, a lot!) more of his stories before finding GA. Seriously. :D

And I agree with the person who recommended Domluka. He's a God, you should check out Desert Dropping.

Wow, losing your cherry to Comicality is pretty awesome, but having Dom do you with his stories is a slice of heaven. :P

The first stories I read were Domluka's ones (namely Ordinary Us, Desert Droppings and The Log Way). All great stories.

Also, self-promotion is the best, and Kit does it with such style :P .

Martin 0:)

Edited by clumber

On awesomedude.com, there is a section for recommendations of Nifty stories. Inside those forums, there are a number of 10-best selections by net authors. I highly recommend those top-10 lists.

The first stories I read were Domluka's ones (namely Ordinary Us, Desert Droppings and The Log Way). All great stories.

Also, self-promotion is the best, and Kit does it with such style :P .

Martin 0:)

You saying I don't? :angry:

:D