Book of Heroes: George of Sedona I

David, your storyline is excellent, and I have to really commend you not only for writing just one great story, but--what is it, four or five(?)--several stories tying into the same alter-verse. I haven't enjoyed reading anything in print or online this good, and in this particular sub-genre, for several years. I now have the dubious distinction of actually waiting, with anticipation, for several authors to post continuing stories here at GA.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very fascinating chapter. I liked the subtle yet distinct message regarding the Bible. And I look forward to reading more about the force of 'destiny' and the boys' quest.

Thank you for posting, and for your interest in the story. I think the few paragraphs regarding David's upbringing tell us more about him than we've learned in all the past chapters. The notion of "free will" is one that he will continue to explore, I'm sure.

Edited by David McLeod

Part III, "Links in the Chain," of the story of George of Sedona from The Book of Heroes begins with a chapter entitled "Arsenic and Broken Faith." George, David, and their new companion, Gary son of the Guildmaster Smith of Bowling Green have been led deeper into the human land of Arcadia, still not knowing what destiny has in store for them. Please leave comments and questions here. Thank you!

Larry begins to explore his innate talent, and learns that there is reality behind his vision. George learns critical things about himself. Gary discovers that he can see more than just the soul of metal on a forge. All the boys begin to understand that together they are not just four individuals with unique talents. Chapter 19, "Healing Body and Soul," of Book of Heroes: George of Sedona has been posted to eFiction. I would like to hear from you; please post comments and questions here. Thank you.

• Site Moderator

After reading this chapter, I have to wonder what George found out from the white haired guy. I would also have to think that David was destined to find George and bring him back to where he belonged, as it seems he has a past life in (this) world.

...I have to wonder what George found out from the white haired guy...David was destined to find George and bring him back to where he belonged...

Other than that George did have a past life in the magical Earth-analogue of World, what he learned from the white haired guy seems to be a secret between them. Was it destiny, or coincidence that David brought George to a place where he could learn of his own past? Don't know that, either. Sigh. Oh well, perhaps you'll find some answers in the next chapter.

In Chapter 20, "Murder in Adelaide," of The Book of Heroes: George of Sedona, George and his companions find time to learn new skills and to practice them. From the most authentic renaissance faire ever, to a brutal murder, there's enough action to keep them all busy. Please leave comments and questions here. Thank you!

The friends are confronted with a brutal murder. They have to face evil and have to learn to cope with it. They are getting prepared for some evil encounter in the near future, I think. Destiny again? Does David know where 'destiny' will lead them to? Does he know more than he is saying? I'm wondering.

...Destiny again? Does David know where 'destiny' will lead them to? Does he know more than he is saying? I'm wondering.

As you have before, you saw more deeply than I did. I've never considered the question of what David might know, but isn't revealing. A very interesting point!

• Site Moderator

They say History can repeat itself. And since we know that people of World can come be reborn, Maybe David has been thru something like this in a past life.

• Site Moderator

Things sure seem to keep getting tougher for the companions. The just can't seem to catch a break for too long a time. Now, at the moment, they have to worry about the merchant. But at least, they do have a defense set up to warn/protect them from him.

I do hope they manage to get Endymion healed before they have to take off again. I'm also thinking that once he learns of the death of his friend, he will join the companions on their journey.

I do hope they manage to get Endymion healed before they have to take off again. I'm also thinking that once he learns of the death of his friend, he will join the companions on their journey.

David made a commitment to ensure Endymion was fully healed. So far, he's lived up to his commitments. I suspect he will this time, as well. Will Endymion join the companions? Hmm. Next Friday, we'll find out.

The closer George, David, Gary, and Larry come to the country of Eblis, the worse things seem to get--for them, and for everyone else. Part IV, "Along the Iron Mountains," begins a new phase in the adventures of the boy from Earth and his companions as they seek their destinies on a World of magic. Chapter 22, "Gateway" of the story, Book of Heroes: George of Sedona, has been posted to eFiction. Please leave your comments and questions here.

(By the way, it seems that after Endymion was healed, he was apprenticed to the College of Magic in Mountainmass, something he had desired before he was apprenticed to a third-rate merchant. He wanted you all to know.)

• Site Moderator

Yes, it does seem like the closer the Companions get to where they are going, things are changing.

George is developing an instinct that is taking him somewhere, David thought as the boys walked their horses toward the north. Is it destiny or something else? There have been some narrow escapes, but so far, destiny seems to have given George the same protection it
...George has been paying attention to what he's learned from David and he's become less emotional about things. He didn't get upset when he had to kill this time and knew exactly what he needed to do...

Is George growing up too fast? Is he losing an appreciation for the horror of killing? I hope not. On the other hand, it's almost certain that this won't be the last time he has to kill.

...Now we know that the evil creature is still after them...

It would seem logical that whoever is after them would be in Eblis, since they have now come as close to that country as one can while still remaining in Arcadia. The closer they get, the easier it will be for them to be seen, and the easier it will be for them to be attacked.

Thank you both for posting.

• Site Moderator

I think one thing to remember is that time passes differently. So months and years could have pasted by now. And we maybe seeing some of the key events that have taken place.

I think one thing to remember is that time passes differently...

Hmmm. In part because David still has trouble writing transitions showing the passage of time. Sigh.

In any case, whatever time it is, now, George and his companions have reached the southern city of Algoropolis and find new evil. But, is it directed at them? Chapter 23 of Book of Heroes: George of Sedona has been posted to eFiction.

Everyone is invited to leave questions and comments in this forum. Thanks!

Hmm. Another miss, but this time at the cost of innocence.

I agree, but some good must come out of it...I think David's bucking for "King of Cliffhangers" for this year... :worship:

...I think David's bucking for "King of Cliffhangers" for this year

Hmph, he said. It's just a story arc that runs into the next chapter. Cliffhanger. Hmph. Try this one on for size:

Winter in the foothills of the Iron Mountains, especially so close to the distorted magic from the south that accompanies the cold wind, is unpleasant. Geroge and his companions find discord and harmony, an old enemy, and a new friend. The latest chapter of Book of Heroes: George of Sedona has been posted to eFiction.

Please leave comments and questions here, or email me at boh.translators@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hmph, he said. It's just a story arc that runs into the next chapter. Cliffhanger. Hmph. Try this one on for size:

Winter in the foothills of the Iron Mountains, especially so close to the distorted magic from the south that accompanies the cold wind, is unpleasant. Geroge and his companions find discord and harmony, an old enemy, and a new friend. The latest chapter of Book of Heroes: George of Sedona has been posted to eFiction.

Please leave comments and questions here, or email me at boh.translators@gmail.com

Thanks!

Okay, David, you don't want KoC? Fine. The story is, however, progressing quite nicely! :D