[David McLeod] Knight Templar in Traning

A new story set in the world of Book of Heroes: George of Sedona and

In the Prince's Secret Service and by the authors of

The Translator has been posted to eFiction

at this link: Knight Templar in Training.

Your reviews, PMs, and emails will be appreciated.

Please let me know what you think about where these stories are going!

David McLeod

• Site Moderator

This story is off to a start. We meet the central character for this story, but we don't know much about him at this point. I know we'll learn more in future chapters. Already, I've meet one character I'm not fond of, Senshen.

I'm also think, as these stories remind me of some other unfinished stories, that these tales will come together eventually and bring all the characters together for the final battle.

I like how the story is going. The plot is interesting, with some sorta internal power struggle going on the background of the Temple.

I would still like to see more personality in your characters :) Maybe it's a bit too early in the story, hopefully they'll be developed more soon :D

I like how the story is going. The plot is interesting, with some sorta internal power struggle going on the background of the Temple.

I would still like to see more personality in your characters :) Maybe it's a bit too early in the story, hopefully they'll be developed more soon :D

As you have, before, you find and point out my weaknesses. I do appreciate that. I know James and Kenneth; they're both very vivid, three-dimensional people. Alten and Senshen less so, but still they're real. The challenge is to make them real to the reader, and I'm beginning to realize that is a problem for me. Thanks for the honorable feedback.

• Site Moderator

Things turned out better than I thought they would with the lightening. Even tho Martin faltered for a bit, it all was good. I'm guessing that the silver hammer was only meant to break the sword, thus releasing it of its evil, but the lightening helped destroy it completely.

If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn the bonding ceremony was more like a wedding ceremony.

Just want to let you know that I'm still reading your stories. I have difficulties to keep up, since I am busy at work. But so far I have read all the chapters and all the stories. I'm still fascinated. I love this new world. It's a beautiful tale.

Thank you so very much. I like your new logo. Things may slow down for the holidays.

Things turned out better than I thought they would with the lightening. Even tho Martin faltered for a bit, it all was good. I'm guessing that the silver hammer was only meant to break the sword, thus releasing it of its evil, but the lightening helped destroy it completely.

If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn the bonding ceremony was more like a wedding ceremony.

It had not escaped me that the bonding ceremony between James and Kenneth, and the oath of fealty between David and George were as formal, meaningful, loving, and binding as any marriage on this Earth-analogue. We'll see more of this, and some less than subtle discussion of the issue in stories and chapters to come.

As usual, you see more deeply into the symbolism than I do; I'd not considered the role of the lightning.

Thanks for your post.

• Site Moderator

I'm guessing that the inn was hidden somehow by magic and can only be seen at certain times.

It will be interesting to see how the two stories, Knight Templar and the Princes Secret Service blend together.

I started reading "Barrett the Beggar" and actually loved the first bit of that and I was pretty disappointed when I found that I picked a story that wasn't complete *pouts* Anyway, I was going to go off and read another but I found that a lot of the stories are in the same universe. So, just a quick question; where do I start? Is there any particular order to read these in or can I just pick one at random and run with it? Thanks in advance and apologies if this question is answered somewhere very obviously in bold letters and I missed it anyway :) *waves*

A new story set in the world of Book of Heroes: George of Sedona and

In the Prince's Secret Service and by the authors of

The Translator has been posted to eFiction

at this link: Knight Templar in Training.

Your reviews, PMs, and emails will be appreciated.

Please let me know what you think about where these stories are going!

David McLeod

I relly enjoy your stories especially Knight Templar in Training, but what you said at the the end of the last chapter that it would be continued another story. Are all of your stories interconnected like one happened before the other or just different spin off one of your stories?

I started reading "Barrett the Beggar" and actually loved the first bit of that and I was pretty disappointed when I found that I picked a story that wasn't complete *pouts* Anyway, I was going to go off and read another but I found that a lot of the stories are in the same universe. So, just a quick question; where do I start? Is there any particular order to read these in or can I just pick one at random and run with it? Thanks in advance and apologies if this question is answered somewhere very obviously in bold letters and I missed it anyway :) *waves*

Thanks for saying you loved "Barrett..." and apologies for an incomplete story. The next and final chapter should be posted on the 25th. I say final, knowing that while one door closes, another opens, to coin an expression. :P

Where to start? The only story that is complete is "Knight Templar in Training," but it's complete only because it's going to be merged (Tuesday 23rd) with "In the Prince's Secret Service." That story has several chapters, already, and about 20+ to go. I plan to post about a chapter a week. There's a little interaction with the story, below, but it's not important, yet.

Book of Heroes: George of Sedona (BOH:GOS) , has about 8 of 30+ chapters up. it will be updated about the same rate: a chapter a week. Oh, yes. James (the Knight Templar in Training) has a small role in BOH:GOS. But it's not important, yet. BOH:GOS can be read stand-alone for the present, but it's incomplete and will be that way for a while.

The Translator is about half-way through, and will have about a chapter a week posted. It does not link with any of the other stories for a long, long time.

The Paladin. Hmmm. Two of 13 chapters are up; it, too, will be updated about a chapter a week. It is a standalone story that does not interact with the others.

You've put me on the horns of a bull: I don't want to disappoint you with too many "to be continueds," but I can't crank the chapters out any faster. Please be patient.

Thanks again for your post.

I relly enjoy your stories especially Knight Templar in Training, but what you said at the the end of the last chapter that it would be continued another story. Are all of your stories interconnected like one happened before the other or just different spin off one of your stories?

Your post came in as I was replying to the one you. Part of what you asked are in the post above this one. (If I weren't a Luddite, I probably could figure out how to merge these two posts. I am, however, a Luddite.) As far as a timeline:

Book of Heroes: George of Sedona begins about 15 B.A. (Before Auric's coronation) and runs through about 3 A.A. (After Auric's coronation). It has a brief link with "In the Prince's Secret Service/Knight Templar in Training," but the link isn't critical.

In the Prince's Secret Service begins about 1 A.A. and will continue for at least 3--4 years.

Knight Templar in Training starts about 1 A.A., and merges within a year with In the Prince's Secret Service.

Barrett the Beggar, The Paladin, and The Translator are stand-alone for all practical purposes.

Hope this helps.