[DomLuka] ITFB Ch 23 is Up!

*jumps* It was great. Not at all what I was expecting. I always expect a story to...slow down, I guess you could say, after a long wait. Like it takes awhile to get back into, but I didn't feel like it was so with this. I was kind of totally in love with it. Dennis and Travis are too effin cute together. I love they're not-quite-relationship. This chapter was over far too soon.

And I'm kind of in love with the scene where the two of them are putting up fliers.

*ahem* So, great chapter. I had no idea that Ben's last name was Summers. It makes me want to go back and reread this and TLW. I don't usually forget details like this...

Aww. That poor child, Michael, I mean.

Travis said he hates those needy kids who want all the hugs, I was one! (Still am.)

I really liked it. I wonder if Ben and Dennis are going to get into a confration. Not infront of the kids, of course but...

Superb chapter, Dom! :worship::worship:

Travis and Dennis have the greatest conversations. :wub:

While I admire Dennis for not wanting to be labelled gay, bi or straight, it does tend to leave a potential "partner" scratching his or her head. Anyway, Travis seems to be dealing with ok. This revelation that Dennis "likes women" is gonna re-raise the top/bottom issue for sure. Again, more labels....but they do help us get through the day without looking like this :wacko:

I hope Michael turns up in Travis' life again soon. They could be good for one another. :D

I really like the way Dom makes the point about children not needing monster stories when they may be dealing with "monsters" on a daily basis. The counter argument, of course, is that monster stories let kids know that monsters can be beaten.

Conner

I am in love with Dennis and Travis together. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Same here.

It's gotten to the point where, if I'm reading about anyone else other than Dennis or Travis, I get annoyed. Granted, I would like Aiden & Owen to get back together, but they've had their time in the spotlight. Now it's Dennis' and Travis' turn.

Owen's a bone head...

He'd figured that if the reason they weren't together was because Aiden thought he was losing interest in him, as Ben suspected, then Owen thought it should be easy to convince him otherwise. Shouldn't be too hard. He didn't know how to lose interest in Aiden. But then there was this thought that kept ringing in his ears, something that Travis had said to him. Don't assume people do things you don't like just to hurt you. It seemed like a strange thought to be having while planning out a reconciliation with someone who he figured he'd do just about anything to get back. But, he couldn't shake it, and the message was loud and clear. Not everything's about you, Owen.

He could bend over backwards, do whatever it took just to call Aiden his again, and it wouldn't even matter. But Aiden mattered, and the fact that he was insecure enough with their relationship in the first place to allow it to end made Owen wonder if Aiden needed this distance. It wasn't all about Owen. It didn't matter if Owen was ready to fix things. He knew it wasn't possible until Aiden was ready, too.

Maybe--as much as it stung now--maybe Aiden hadn't been happy.

He's taken pieces of advice and applied them inappropriately. I mean, now he's blaming their breakup on Aiden, accusing Aiden of being insecure about it, when the only reason Aiden became insecure about their relationship in the first place was because Owen started bringing it up.

Owen needs a few more sessions with Ben, stat.

Edited by NaperVic
  • Like 1

What I like most from this chapter is the conversation between Dennis and Travis.

Travis was like, he's simply glad Dennis was with him. Travis....

I dunno, he felt that Dennis being there was enough. He was satisfied with Dennis :)

Also, he felt somewhat better when Dennis didn't outright say he's straight :P

I think both of them are at crossroads. Travis doesn't know where to go,

though he wants to go with Dennis. While Dennis simply struggle....

I hope they will have "The Talk" soon though, I'm sure Dominator will do his best

to make it a BLAST!!

btw...Domigod :worship: , please give chapter 24

Owen's a bone head...

He's taken pieces of advice and applied them inappropriately. I mean, now he's blaming their breakup on Aiden, accusing Aiden of being insecure about it, when the only reason Aiden became insecure about their relationship in the first place was because Owen started bringing it up.

Owen needs a few more sessions with Ben, stat.

You hit the nail on the head Vic! :read:

• Like 1
He's taken pieces of advice and applied them inappropriately

I knew a guy years ago who took bits and pieces of things I said (and probably other people, but I didn't know that part) and made major life decisions based on them. Drove me nuts. For example, he told me one day that he had broken up with his girlfriend back home based on some stray comment of mine (which had nothing to do with her per se--we never even met). I'd feel both puzzled and guilty. He was such a sweet guy, and it seemed whatever I said or did either profoundly hurt him or influenced him in ways and to a degree I never intended.

I realize that I'm inclined to pontificate on all sorts of matters, but even you guys who read my occasional posts here probably know enough not to take much of anything from me that seriously.

So those misapplications by Owen really get to me. I'm sure Dom intends that effect on the reader of frustration from the impasse between Owen and Aiden, but I get a double dose.

Recalling the fuss Owen put up when catching Chris and Lacey red-handed, it is easy to imagine that his feeling hurt all the time could have annoyed Aiden that much that he finally became insure as regards their relationship. But it seems Owen hasn't drawn this conclusion yet. At least Travis has gotten Owen thinking about his attitude.

I hope Michael turns up in Travis' life again soon. They could be good for one another. :D

I really like the way Dom makes the point about children not needing monster stories when they may be dealing with "monsters" on a daily basis. The counter argument, of course, is that monster stories let kids know that monsters can be beaten.

With the way Dom writes about Michael's behaviours in the circle as well as his talking with Travis, it's easy to assume that Dom had to have gone through similar experiences in order to write so vividly about them.

I remember when I read TLW, I was thinking that Dom must have gone through similar experiences as Owen's. Or at the least, Dom must have gone to therapy with how he wrote about the sessions between Ben & Owen. Only someone in those shoes could write about those experiences. Then I thought the same thing about Quinn. Dom had a difficult time coming out to himself. Then Rory. :wacko:

But taking all his work together, how could Dom have possibly gone through all those experiences? Improbable.

I'm amazed that he's able to write in so much detail. I can totally picture Michael in my head, fading back, trying to be invisible.

I can feel the slight insecurities that a normally confident Travis has about his 'relationship' with Dennis.

• Like 1
I can feel the slight insecurities that a normally confident Travis has about his 'relationship' with Dennis.

But the thing is, BOTH of them adamantly stated that there is no relationship.

I think it was there. In the new chapters when they said that they both like to be free.

It will be interesting if we can get into Dennis' head and see what he's thinking about this non-relationship with Travis

But the thing is, BOTH of them adamantly stated that there is no relationship.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. :D

What Dennis & Travis have is a type of relationship, whether or not they want to admit it.

• Like 1
But taking all his work together, how could Dom have possibly gone through all those experiences? Improbable.

It seems improbable to me that Dom could even know people who, collectively, have had all the experiences he has written about. If he does, he needs to get some new friends. :P

I think Dom is simply an imaginative writer.

Just about anyone can sit down and tell a friend about stuff that they, themselves have experienced. They probably won't write at all, or, if they do, it will be pretty run-of-the-mill and boring to read. Telling, not showing.

A smaller percentage of people can use language, drama and suspense to tell those stories in interesting, compelling, readable ways. They might manage to write something - a memoir, a one-off - and maybe even have some success at it, subscribing to the mantra "write what you know". As soon as they attempt something different, though, they usually hit fish-out-of-water syndrome.

And then there are those rare people who can invent situations that they have never experienced, do the research, find the right words and emotions, and make them come to life, purely through imagination and talent. They are the true writers.

I don't think I need to specify in which group I think DomLuka belongs.