Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 20

MikeL

Great chapter!

No cliffs this time...just volcanoes.

The lemons are a mystery. My guess is that someone will be driving a truckload of lemons and trying to look inocent.

The Chlorine-ammonia reaction is interesting... if you add more bleach than ammonia, you also get nitrogen trichloride... kaboom! :)

Alter the mix the other way, and you get some Hydrazine... nasty stuff. :)

I'm off to do some research! Any and all input would be very much appreciated.

I can't help you on the chemistry. My background is physics.

The reaction you describe sounds alot like what happens when someone leaves bleach in the toilet. Urea is chemicaly similar to amonia so does that mean that a toilet can go kaboom while someone is using it?

B) .......True, but if the eruption is less severe than implied, the island would buffer the effect quite well

Do you think eric is shitting in his speedo? and Jansen going to take advantage of the moment in his room behind keither back. :lol:

The reaction you describe sounds alot like what happens when someone leaves bleach in the toilet. Urea is chemicaly similar to amonia so does that mean that a toilet can go kaboom while someone is using it?

I'll reply to the other posts soon, but needed to reply to this one as I've hit a massive plot snag (I'll be posting a separate thread, too).

The reaction the produces the nitrogen trichloride does not produce pure nitrogen trichloride, just that and other things, so it's not explosive as-is, but, it is highly reactive. So, no kaboom without other steps, you're right.

Okay, I'll go start the other thread, because I might have a huge problem with the chemistry.

I think it's time for me to announce the title of the next chapter.. Surprises. :)

Everybody likes surprises, right? :)

BTW, I want to thank everyone who has participated in this thread. I know I didn't reply much this time, but in most cases I couldn't without giving spoilers. There were some great speculations and comments though, thank you!!!

Thanks!!!

CJ :)

Do I like surprises? Usually Yes I do.

Do I like CJ surprises? NOT AT ALL.

I see a big cliffie coming....

Hi Meeko!

Hrmmm, now even the raccoons are implying that I give not-so-nice surprises? :blink:

Meeko... you know I never use cliffies, so where could a cliffie come from??

Exactly, esp since it usually ends bad..

E Tu Drewbie? Aww, but since when has anything ever ended badly in one of my chapters? Let's see... In LTMP there was one airplane ride where things got a little bumpy, but, those things happen... And in another, Toowoomba Australia had an unseasonably warm day, but that happens too...

Hi Meeko!

Hrmmm, now even the raccoons are implying that I give not-so-nice surprises? :blink:

Meeko... you know I never use cliffies, so where could a cliffie come from??

E Tu Drewbie? Aww, but since when has anything ever ended badly in one of my chapters? Let's see... In LTMP there was one airplane ride where things got a little bumpy, but, those things happen... And in another, Toowoomba Australia had an unseasonably warm day, but that happens too...

Us racoons are doing more then implying mine you mr goat. =p

Let's see... In LTMP there was one airplane ride where things got a little bumpy, but, those things happen...

Yea a bumpy ride... if you consider explosions and missiles bumpy :blink:

And in another, Toowoomba Australia had an unseasonably warm day, but that happens too...

Yea and I'm sure that the townspeople also had a blast that day! :rolleyes:

Yea a bumpy ride... if you consider explosions and missiles bumpy :blink:

Yea and I'm sure that the townspeople also had a blast that day! :rolleyes:

B) .............It should be only fair that raccoons and ducks weigh in here!! :lol:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..