Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes - Chapter 26

MikeL

Oh my gosh. If I didn't know better, I'd say CJ broke into your account and posted that. It sounded so.....CJ :P

I have to totally agree that was a CJ sounding post :sheep: if I ever heard one. :devil:

:nuke: :ph34r:

I did not conspire to create a cliffie! I merely suggest that there was a natural break in the scene and putting something into that break made sense to me... Besides, it is not a cliffie: Jansen is pissed and Eric is Eric - see? no cliffie :blink:

Hrmmm, EMoe.. what is this? Don't you want to take credit for your... ever-so-slightly tense chapter ending? :P

Chapter 27, Drums out of Darkness, will be posted around noon my time on Tuesday. :)

I just updated the posted chapter to add the bit below at the end:

Very cool feature, CJ! I had fun playing with it!

Yep, Eric definitely messed up, and he can't blame the tequila this time. But then again Jensen was acting on impulse himself, he is not blameless here. And Keith should have warned Eric, as he had a hint in what was going on.
Eric was a total dork. :angry:

Jansen is not one of his female groupies. And that's exactly the way he came across to Jansen. "let's f**k, I need to know if I like this."

Why didn't Eric talk to Chase or Brandon first?

I'm really pissed.

Eric messed up, plain and simple. Why "mother" him? All I'm hearing are excuses for his behaviour. Excuses speak to "sentencing", not to innocence or guilt.

Eric clearly knew that Jansen had feelings for him. Eric's state of mind was "I need to know." On top of all that, given the agreed upon buisness relationship, Eric was in a position of trust, if not in fact a position of authority vis-a-vis Jansen's dancing career.

OK, am I the only one who thought Jansen misread what Eric was saying?

It seemed more like a poor choice of words - which was only poor because of what was going on in Jansen's head in the first place - than a proclamation of casual intent.

So far their relationship has been set up to look like it's going to be serious. Jon pointed out that Eric had never looked at anyone like that before. Much has been mentioned about how much Eric cares about Jansen (and Keith of course), and primarily Eric has expressed his dissatisfaction over his casual hook-up lifestyle. Didn't he even say to Jon that he was considering a relationship? (Maybe not I could be wrong, maybe Jon only asked him, or maybe they only hinted at it, or maybe I misread it completely.)

To me Eric wasn't saying "I want to try sex with guys with you." He was saying, "I want to try being in a relationship with you." Both are new to Eric, and he does need to 'try' them, so it's understandable that he could mean to say one and the other be interpreted, but I didn't think for even a minute that he was telling Jansen he only wanted to experiment.

Think about the way it was written. CJ set the stage by commenting on the pure emotion between them, and how Eric was aware of that. I don't think Eric was expressing his desire for a hook-up at all. Jansen just interpreted it that way because his guard was up and because Keith planted that idea in his head.

Anyway, great chapter, CJ! In fact it was obviously a huge turning point in both the story lines! :worship:

Take care all,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

The frog story was told on Star Trek Next Generation.

Illustrating an enemy will still be an enemy.

So are we saying Scar won't change ... I'd have to read all the bad guy parts to see about that.

So are we saying Eric won't change ... He's young and at least he's beginning to wonder about his life in small steps.

But if his scorpion is the Tequellia - then thats something he has to learn to work out

My mind is fuzzy - but Scar and Eric - Do you think their paths will cross again?

The good question will Grandsons complete the rescue and be safely back in the usa?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..