Flu pandemic concern grows with more U.S. cases

JamesSavik

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

On a much lighter note :P :

It was said that pigs would fly before the United States of America elected a black president to the White House.

One Hundred Days into Barack Obama's presidency...

Swine Flu

:lol:

On a much lighter note :P :

It was said that pigs would fly before the United States of America elected a black president to the White House.

One Hundred Days into Barack Obama's presidency...

Swine Flu

:lol:

:lol: *Goes to tell it to nearest person who probably won't get it...

The more I hear about Swine Flu the less seriously I can take it. A few days ago I was listening to Radio 4 and they read out the headlines, one of which was "There are now 7 suspected cases of Swine Flu in Wales".

7 suspected cases.

In the whole of WALES!

Honestly, is this really worth the media coverage it gets? Seven people in the whole of Wales is not serious. My uncle has 7 kids and once they were all ill at the same time. I doubt CNN would have had the slightest bit of interest but give an illness an odd name and suggest that pigs are to blame and suddenly people are running around the streets in facemasks while the news stations break out the helicopters in the hope that they can get a good aerial shot of the house in which sneezing is beleived to be taking place.

People need to get a grip.

Martin 0:)

Edited by clumber

The more I hear about Swine Flu the less seriously I can take it. A few days ago I was listening to Radio 4 and they read out the headlines, one of which was "There are now 7 suspected cases of Swine Flu in Wales".

7 suspected cases.

In the whole of WALES!

Honestly, is this really worth the media coverage it gets? Seven people in the whole of Wales is not serious. My uncle has 7 kids and once they were all ill at the same time. I doubt CNN would have had the slightest bit of interest but give an illness an odd name and suggest that pigs are to blame and suddenly people are running around the streets in facemasks while the news stations break out the helicopters in the hope that they can get a good aerial shot of the house in which sneezing is believed to be taking place.

B) ............I agree, each flu season in the US alone produces 33,000 deaths, so when this one came up, hailed as a 'mother' of all flu epidemics I was concerned enough to venture 10 million dead in the world. Given the 3rd world and the progress of the WHO in vaccines. This flu has been a quiet one.

• 2 weeks later...

7 suspected cases.

In the whole of WALES!

Honestly, is this really worth the media coverage it gets? Seven people in the whole of Wales is not serious. My uncle has 7 kids and once they were all ill at the same time. I doubt CNN would have had the slightest bit of interest but give an illness an odd name and suggest that pigs are to blame and suddenly people are running around the streets in facemasks while the news stations break out the helicopters in the hope that they can get a good aerial shot of the house in which sneezing is beleived to be taking place.

:blink: ..........Go figure, to paraphrase a friend; about 90 people get swine flu and everybody starts wearing masks. One million people with AIDS and nobody wears a condom.

Edited by Benji