What was your first word?

• Site Administrator
Ironically enough I think perhaps my first one was daddy. My older sister's was flower.

Personally, if I could go back knowing what I know now, I'd have totally made it more interesting. Maybe drop the f-bomb for a first word, or belt out pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconeosis. :)

I'd personally go with paradimethylaminobenzaldehyde, with a gaelic accent. Or maybe even burst out with the song of the same name.... Yes, I was heavily influenced by Isaac Asimov when I was younger, both his fiction and non-fiction. :P

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure what mine was, but this reminded me of an amusing incident. My employer's nephew is nearly two now, but several months ago when he was first starting to learn to speak his favourite phrase was, "I know!" So this one time he's riding in the car with his mother (obviously I heard about this second hand) and this guy cuts them off and almost causes an accident. So his mother yells, "What a prick!" and of course the baby responds, "I know!" :lmao:

Aw that's cute :wub:

• 4 months later...

My mom isn't around, so I can't ask her, but I bet it was something like "me" or "I"or any other word that said: I want to do this myself!

I'm so independent^^ My parents always say that I wanted to leave the house to live on my own the moment I was born:D

But to be honest, I have no idea.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Please, both of my parents were way too messed up to remember much of anything much less my first words, lol... However I was told as a teen that I had learned the correct application of the word B*tch by the age of 2, and loved to use it. Absolutely shocking coming from me, no? LMAO

I don't know what my real first words were, but I do knew very well the first word out of my mouth that my Dad ever understood.

Apparently I had a really bad case of baby-talk, so my Dad never understood me. Until one day my mother got him a birthday present, and the first word out of my mouth when I saw him was 'Camewa!'

Talk about ruining the surprise, eh?

Gods I have no idea it was waaaay too long ago. I can't ask my mother because she is lucky if she remembers what happened yesterday let alone 45 years ago.

My best guess would be... 'No' because my mother always used to ... and still does... joke that it was my first and only word throughougt my childhood. I was a bit stubborn then... and a lot stubborn now :)

• 2 weeks later...

My mother says I didn't have a first word, I began with a sentence, "Look at the moon."

Perhaps it was because she and my father used to take me to the drive in movies with them as a baby, and she would rock me to sleep and kept telling me to, "Look at the moon." blink.gif

Well- I'm pretty sure my nephew Ian's first word was Booger. Booger is my brother's cat, a huge yellow tabby and he's big enough for the little cowboy to ride.

Yee-haw! (sorry- it's a Texas thing) :boy: