Just thought I'd share with you that I just got my copy in the post, how excited am I? I think I might have scared the postman though, I suppose greeting him with the words 'I've been waiting' while looking more that a little dishevelled (/crazy) might have been a bad start. Anyway, a copy of it is now safely in my hands, although I do feel I need more than 3 hours sleep to fully appreciate it. Everyone enjoy reading it :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator

I'm leaving to go pick up my copy this morning. I couldn't motivate to go driving at midnight last night...

Well, I've finally got my copy, at 3:30 in the freaking afternoon. My bf had pre-ordered a copy, but we couldn't get it last night cause he had to work until 1 am. He ran down the street to Barnes and Noble and got there as the employees were locking the door, and there were people sitting all over the sidewalk reading the book. Then I couldn't convince him to get up this morning and be there when they opened. :D But it's mine now!

Val

Lore are you serious? :blink::blink: Mine just came from the mailman and I haven't even opened the box yet. :(

You weren't doing a speed reading things where you were just making a Zorro Z with your finger over each page were you? :P

Vic

Edited by naper_vic
I can't believe some people have finished it already! :blink:

What are you complaining about? You still got it way before I did. I hate time zones!

I'm so eager to find out what happens that I can't actually settle down and read all the words on the page. I've only made it to the third chapter so far, and I'm usually a really fast reader. But then I did get distracted by "awesomely bad love songs" on VH1.

Val

Guest Cookie19

Yesterday I had a rather interesting day. I went into the city (Brisbane) with my sister and she dragged me around to nearly every book store imaginable... and in the city there are a lot of book stores.

We went to some store 'Boarders' and went to the top level where Harry Potter was being sold, I was on the hunt for the fifth book of 'Unfortunate Events' and there was all these people dressed as wizards and witches, walking around with cloaks and hats and there was even one dressed up as Dumbledore. :blink:

There was an exhibit where this lady had snow owls and letting kids pat it and snakes. Although that all looked cool and the snow owl looked cute, and the snakes looked rather creepy, it was even more creepy seeing kids running past me with wands shouting spells and curses. :wacko:

All I wanted to do was get the fifth book of Unfortunate events and get the hell out of there. I think some believed that they were really witches, I even had to doge a group of Hufflepuffs and one Gryffindor... I was expecting to see a Slytherin at any minute... but I didn't. :(

There was some man sitting on a lounge with kids around him, and he was reading the new Harry Potter into a microphone, I was truly getting worried, I just wanted to get my book and leave, but as soon as I did, I was dragged into another book store where they had Harry Potter music playing, it was a creepy tune and there were stars hanging from the roof.

I swear I haven't taken any drugs, it was all real. I wouldn

I finished it and loved it. It was a beautiful book. I'm thinking it's edged out book 3 as my favorite. I would've been sobbing if I hadn't already suspected the ending since the past two books. As it was, I was misty-eyed.

This book was just really beautiful. The funny parts were funnier, the scarier parts were scarier and just the whole range of emotion just came across so clearly. We need to start a spoilers discussion thread of Harry Potter in a few days (if we start it sooner, the weak-willed will be tempted to read it before they finish) so I be more specific.

But, oh, man the 7th book should be just spectacular.

• Site Administrator

I agree shadow.

Though I defitely had a lot of tears leaking out.

And I really did enjoy this book. I didn't like the last one much.

trebs is ready to kill me after I stayed up all night before the disneyland birthday celebration.

I finished the book, but was way tired the next day (we had to be up at 4:00 a.m. to get into the park).

After finishing it...I ran the whole gamut of emotions. #7 will be a wonderful read when it arrives.

trebs is ready to kill me after I stayed up all night before the disneyland birthday celebration.

I finished the book, but was way tired the next day (we had to be up at 4:00 a.m. to get into the park).

After finishing it...I ran the whole gamut of emotions.  #7 will be a wonderful read when it arrives.

I think I would have killed you, although being tired helps when you need to use the 'Disneyland Look' to cut through the crowds.

The 'Disneyland Look' its the tired/emotionally drained/sick of the kids facial expression and physical mannerisms that tells everyone around you "don't f**k with me or I'll beat the crap out of my kids if I ever see them again." It is amazing how easily you cut through.

:king: Snow Dog

So after not sleeping because I too received my copy late. I finished it in three and a half hours. This was such a great book but my heart broke at the end and I dont think that I can wait two years for another one to come out. I might have to fly to england and have a chat with Ms. rowling myself. Hmmm.... yes I think I shall do that.

Green

• Site Administrator
I agree shadow.

Though I defitely had a lot of tears leaking out.

And I really did enjoy this book.

• 2 weeks later...

I was eating at my favorite resturant. One of the waitressess noticed that I was almost done with the 'Tailsman' by Steven King. She asked if I was going to read HP next.

I told her that I had already finished it ... I read it while I was in the middle of Tailsman.

She asked if HP was good, and I said, Yes.

She said she would have to buy the book and read it, and not to tell her anything about it.

So, I responded, "Harry got out of bed ..." 0:)

She half glared at me even as she laughed, then told me not to tell her anything else.

Boy on a String

:read:

Green, I have it on good authority that book 7 is already written(I watched a biography thing on JK the other nite and she said so!)

BOAS, the talisman's a good book! I've read it I don't know how many times, would love to see it as a movie, as long as they stick to the story line