Message Board Topic 6/1

You can always count on it in a romantic story. It's always right there, lurking in the shadows, waiting to be unleashed upon the readers in a big blaze of glory. It's the moment where the 'big speech' is made, and the true meaning of the story is expressed.

This is where the main character says 'I love you', and tells the other character why.

It's the big confession. The big heartfelt talk that makes love seem grand and the love interest the most beautiful guy in the world. And since it's usually spoken at the climax of the story...it had better be good.

The question this week is...how should an author go about creating a special moment where the big speech actually has some meaning? How can you keep it from sounding too cheesy, or making it too predictable? Do these moments often make you feel good inside, or is it just more of the same corny flavor that you were expecting from the very first paragraph? What are your thoughts on the big speech? Let us know!

I do everything I can to not have the big speech. Not to say I haven't done it but sometimes you don't need to have it. That being said my new story does just that. "A" comes right out and tells "B" and then gets a reply he's not expecting.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..