Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Furlough by Mark Arbour

Mark,

this story was beautiful.

I'll admit it took me some time to get around to it. I was not sure what to expect. My resistance was from getting fixated on the Furlough title. Thinking it would be a "shore leave quickie" type scene (not that there is anything wrong with that) and never expecting this diamond with multifaceted layers. The depth of emotion generated by the two characters came through quite forcefully. The wounds physical and psychological, the unknown future and the short amount of time left to them...dah-um, you hit all the right notes.

I am on a hunt for your other works.

I fell in love with both these guys, I hope for a happy ending for them.

A sequel would be a joyful gift for us.

thank you for this and for sharing your writing gifts

btw,

I'm walking around my work place with a Cheshire cat grin after reading this...work? me? what's that? :worship:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! A sequel of some sorts is so tempting I'll probably tackle it in the future. WWI is pretty tough to write about. Very sad time.

• 8 months later...

Hmm. I'm so glad I encountered 'War's End' coz it took me this this, another beautifully written and heart-warming-kinda story. It's both sad and beautiful.

Ah, it's just like seeing old friends, but just the reverse order. This is just beautiful.

I'm glad you liked it. I think of the two, I like this one better.biggrin.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..