Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  292 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Mark Arbour

• Site Administrator

Wow, this story has definitely set off some intense conversations. I thought I would check it out since I had seen so much chatter about it. Reading it all tonight at one time was super easy. The continuity in the story is awesome. No big opinions on the story or characters other than I really liked it/them and look forward to more. Plus the happily ever after that was mentioned.

PS..One critisism..I feel like I need a damn who's with who chart sometimes, so many names, so many relationships..how people are related to each other. Maybe it's just because I stayed up all night reading but I really had to work at remembering that. Maybe there could be some sort of guide for losers like me who can't keep names straight, even in real life? thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Frankly, the Cody-Matt-Brian thing is becoming quite tiresome. They're stuck on replay or something. It's all about imaginary hurt - it's become all ego. Ego sex generally sucks, it's just bravado and leaves you feeling empty and alone.

I understand where you're coming from. I do have a method to my madness with this, it just takes some time to evolve.

I'm writing this from Matt's perspective, so we're seeing Cody from his point of view. I think if I were going to jump brains and go into Cody's mind, I'd find that he's just as confused about love as Matt is. It's something he thinks he wants, but he's not sure how to fit it into his life, and he doesn't even recognize it. When he's with Matt, he feels this enormous attraction and caring and thinks it's love, and wants to be with him. When he's with Brian, the same emotions exert themselves. Only Matt is at the same place Cody is, which means that they're tumultuous but not overly emotionally invested. Matt gets pissed and frustrated with Cody, but we haven't seen him go through the true pain of losing someone you love. With Brian, it's different. When he's with Cody, he's trying to catch him and possess him. And he understand's Cody's nature at this point, that whoever f**ks him has him, which is probably why he's so pissed off when Cody and Matt hook up.

Wow, this story has definitely set off some intense conversations. I thought I would check it out since I had seen so much chatter about it. Reading it all tonight at one time was super easy. The continuity in the story is awesome. No big opinions on the story or characters other than I really liked it/them and look forward to more. Plus the happily ever after that was mentioned.

PS..One critisism..I feel like I need a damn who's with who chart sometimes, so many names, so many relationships..how people are related to each other. Maybe it's just because I stayed up all night reading but I really had to work at remembering that. Maybe there could be some sort of guide for losers like me who can't keep names straight, even in real life? thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That is my fault, and I have to apologize. This story is part of the continuing CAP saga that's been going on for quite a few stories. It's easy for me to forget that someone who comes into the scene at this point probably won't have all the background, or be able to pick it up from just this story. It's hard to know how much of that to do so I don't bore readers who have read everything but still keeping newer readers on board.

• Site Administrator

biggrin.gif Nah...I was just giving you a hard time. It was vaguely unsettling but didn't detract from the story at all. If anything, my fault for picking up a story anywhere but from the beginning! Looking forward to the next 2 chapters!

When he's with Cody, he's trying to catch him and possess him. And he understand's Cody's nature at this point, that whoever f**ks him has him, which is probably why he's so pissed off when Cody and Matt hook up.

Well, that's not love. It's not even in the same league as love. If Brian really cared about Cody at all, he'd leave him the f**k alone.

So when are we gonna see the next two chapters? :whistle:

They're in the queue to be posted. You'll probably get two on Sunday. It is Valentine's Day, so everyone's kind of busy.

Well, that's not love. It's not even in the same league as love. If Brian really cared about Cody at all, he'd leave him the f**k alone.

No, it isn't, but then again, none of these guys seem to have a clue about love anyway.

Damn - for a fictional character Brad makes me hot!(of course it is how Mark writes the character)

GO BRAD!! SICK EM!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My favorite part of the whole chapter -

" Brad looked at Cody. “Your friend is too f**king stupid to understand, but you aren't. He's gone.” Brian looked at Cody, waiting for Cody to rally to his defense, but Cody just nodded. "

devilsmiley.gif

Edited by gmendias
  • Like 1

Too funny Tifanny! :lmao:

Now why all the bad guys are bitchy like Neil? :) They don't have to be that evil, they're just like him when they open their mouth.

And Brad is a real Michael Corleone! :2thumbs: Let's go to the mattresses! :2hands: :ph34r:

I'd soooo like to know what was going on in Brad's head in that time! The scene on the patio was one of the best in the story!

(Brad already tacked one bitch, he surely knows how to deal with them! ;) )

Edited by paya

• Site Administrator

I agree that chapter ended just too freaking badass! Brad is pretty much the coolest character in this story! Sweet, caring, and totally able to kick some crazy bitch ass! It's great. I can't wait to see the whole thing blow up in the next chapter...drama, so much fun in print even if not in real life!

• Like 1

Awesome. Cody is SUCH and idiot. What the hell is he doing???? I love Brad... I hope he destroys Brian. The problem with this family seems that when it comes to emotional stuff they never seem to finish anything. Nothing is ever completely resolved. Wicked Can't wait for the next one.

• Like 1

I have to chime in and say I love Brad, too. I've always said Stef is my favorite character, but Brad and Robbie are creeping up on him! Matt is a very lucky guy to have those two in his life - Robbie is such a loving father, and Brad is the bulldog protector! The declaration of war at the end of the chapter was fantastic and, strangely enough, Cody earned a few points in my book this chapter because I started to see that he is really trying. I knew that if Mark liked him, I would come around eventually!

On a side note, I'm a little bit worried about Stef and how Matthew's death has affected him. I'm glad JP is there to help him through it.

Edited by jenni
  • Like 1

I'm so glad you all enjoyed this chapter! The next on is fun too, and it will be up sometime within the next 24 hours. I'm glad I posted these three over the weekend, because I think they go together well.

I like Brad a lot too. Always probing (in so many different ways) and willing to look for the "right" in a situation, and with a temper that, as Paya said, makes him a lot like Michael Corleone. He doesn't have JP's deliberate patience, but he has much more passion. One thing is for sure, at this stage in his life, at this level of maturity, he's got enough control so if something pisses him off and he shows it, he's really pissed off.

Mark you did it again. Way to go Brad. Only a tight caring family could survive that confrontation. Brad has bonded with Matt even more than Robbie. JP once said Brad was the child that gave him the most trouble growing up. I'm not sure about that. Brad's sense of justice is clearer than JPs. Also notice that Claire is the other power person. She sided with Brad this time. when JP told his family who his real father was she sided with JP. If JP is wrong he learns from it and regroups. Matt is learning very important lessons he will need later. Thanks again Mark for two greater chapters and showing us that some things like family what ever it maybe are important to fight for.

Chap 24! YAY! :worship:

Nice completion of the partial plot about Brian. Now, after reading the last part of this chapter, I am secure to say that Brian should redeem himself. He's going to fall flat on his face and I hope he realizes his mistakes and redeems himself. (I'll change my vote in the right thread right after posting this. ;) ). Though I'm not sure he's the right one to be with Cody, I think his time will come in the next story or the one after.

Now the best part of the chapter! :D I vote for "dinner at Escorial" becoming an idiom! :D or at least part of CAP slang! ;) And it really was passage of power what we witnessed... :great:

I have to admit... I like Calvert, even George and Travers, MaC and all but Bloodlines always make my day! :D

And I almost forgot Claire! Way to go girl! :2thumbs:

Edited by paya

This chapter was awesome!! I love how Brad took his place in the family and asserted it, how Claire finally came into her own as well, and the way Steph and Jp let Matt know he was not the cause nor the one to blame!! Damn I love this story!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's about damn time Brian was put in his place. He's been a nuisance for a while now, and he needs some hard knocks. The unfortunate thing is that he may end up dragging Cody along with him. But Cody is renowned for his ability to read people. Why he cannot see through Brian is beyond me.

you understand this is not exactly an advertisement about your blowing skills smile.gif

I thought the same thing but I was too polite to say anything.biggrin.gif

Ugh.....Guys not what i ment, he is Straight, I did beat one girl he had blow him which really surprised me.....but if you get my feeling he is like Jack, likes to joke but when it comes into the bedroom it needs to be all girl, the whole time all he forced himself to think about was his girlfriends pussy. So....yeah probably won't do that again....not that i want too even.....ah i would probably if it was offered. It's funny though i blew another friend of mine (who does come back) and he shot within a minute haha ohmy.gif though i almost puked cuz it's not fun when it's with people you don't care about.

Either way i'm sad halloween event is over, i loved it. Now wait till tuesday for Master and commander to wrap up this week!!

As i said of all the characters i would love to have had brad in my life as a lover ever since be rad, course that could be when i first joined G.A and started reading your first story. It was a Wonderful read. Maybe i'll read it over soon enough!

Edited by Mark M

Mark you did it again. Way to go Brad. Only a tight caring family could survive that confrontation. Brad has bonded with Matt even more than Robbie. JP once said Brad was the child that gave him the most trouble growing up. I'm not sure about that. Brad's sense of justice is clearer than JPs. Also notice that Claire is the other power person. She sided with Brad this time. when JP told his family who his real father was she sided with JP. If JP is wrong he learns from it and regroups. Matt is learning very important lessons he will need later. Thanks again Mark for two greater chapters and showing us that some things like family what ever it maybe are important to fight for.

Thanks! Sharon has been coaching me to give Claire a bigger role in things, and it is a smart move. Family is everything to these people. It is a little bit like the mafia in that regard.

Chap 24! YAY! :worship:

Nice completion of the partial plot about Brian. Now, after reading the last part of this chapter, I am secure to say that Brian should redeem himself. He's going to fall flat on his face and I hope he realizes his mistakes and redeems himself. (I'll change my vote in the right thread right after posting this. ;) ). Though I'm not sure he's the right one to be with Cody, I think his time will come in the next story or the one after.

Now the best part of the chapter! :D I vote for "dinner at Escorial" becoming an idiom! :D or at least part of CAP slang! ;) And it really was passage of power what we witnessed... :great:

I have to admit... I like Calvert, even George and Travers, MaC and all but Bloodlines always make my day! :D

And I almost forgot Claire! Way to go girl! :2thumbs:

Those dinners are always fun aren't they? Such a great place to congregate! I'm glad you like Bloodlines. Master and Commander will wind down this week and then it will be all we have left for a bit.

This chapter was awesome!! I love how Brad took his place in the family and asserted it, how Claire finally came into her own as well, and the way Steph and Jp let Matt know he was not the cause nor the one to blame!! Damn I love this story!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought it was interesting to show how someone like JP, so calm and deliberate, could still have power hang-ups like Greg did.

It's about damn time Brian was put in his place. He's been a nuisance for a while now, and he needs some hard knocks. The unfortunate thing is that he may end up dragging Cody along with him. But Cody is renowned for his ability to read people. Why he cannot see through Brian is beyond me.

Stef gave you the key to that issue.

Busy weekend. Just read chapters 23 and 24. The family drama stuff was great as usual. Go, Brad, you're the man. :2thumbs:

Best line was Jack calling Matt a slut! :lmao:

Great comments from everyone!

Busy weekend. Just read chapters 23 and 24. The family drama stuff was great as usual. Go, Brad, you're the man. :2thumbs:

Best line was Jack calling Matt a slut! :lmao:

Great comments from everyone!

I like that one too. And so typical of Jack to try and lighten the mood and make Matt feel more comfortable.

So it has come to this :(

I felt sorry for Brian, in a way I can understand JP's reasoning.

I also still remember the sweet Brian we met near the end of If It Fits.

Where has that guy gone?

I truly hope that the family hasn't written him off for good.

What Stef said about Brian in, effectively, exile until he can be a productive member of the clan gives me hope :)

Reading the last two chapters, it was easy for me to get lost.

I thought that Matt shouldn't be sleeping with Cody since now him & Brian are together.

But then again...that was what Brian did.

What is more, I REALLY thought that Brian & Matt made their peace earlier in the story.

But then Cody ruin it? So I was thinking that Brian didn't bear the full guilt on this.

Ah well...that dude broke his part of the bargain, yes...

And Cody wasn't as stupid as going against Brad who is, after all, the son of JP.

The showdown was quite emotionally exhausting :P

I hope we can see Brian again when he's sobered up :boy:

ch22-24:

still wonder of Matt is too young....

let's see if it's actually going to be Danfield. who's the same age.

have we yet read what is Danfield's first name?

Edited by Enric

So it has come to this :(

I felt sorry for Brian, in a way I can understand JP's reasoning.

I also still remember the sweet Brian we met near the end of If It Fits.

Where has that guy gone?

I truly hope that the family hasn't written him off for good.

What Stef said about Brian in, effectively, exile until he can be a productive member of the clan gives me hope :)

Reading the last two chapters, it was easy for me to get lost.

I thought that Matt shouldn't be sleeping with Cody since now him & Brian are together.

But then again...that was what Brian did.

What is more, I REALLY thought that Brian & Matt made their peace earlier in the story.

But then Cody ruin it? So I was thinking that Brian didn't bear the full guilt on this.

Ah well...that dude broke his part of the bargain, yes...

And Cody wasn't as stupid as going against Brad who is, after all, the son of JP.

The showdown was quite emotionally exhausting :P

I hope we can see Brian again when he's sobered up :boy:

Both Brian and Cody are flawed. I see Cody as the kind of guy who has little willpower and is easily tempted. Kind of how we'd like all hot blond guys to be.biggrin.gif Matt's big issue isn't that Cody wants to be with Brian, he's pissed off that Cody would decide to spend time with Brian instead of him. It's a pride thing.

Well if I remember correctly, Matt and Brian made peace - but that was broken when Matt found Brian and Cody f**king. We don't exactly know who broke it - because we don't know if it was Brian or Cody who said "Let's f**k!". To me, it looks like Brian wanted to lull Matt - who was then in a relationship with Cody - and then attack the base knowing Cody can't resist him. So yes, the full guilt lies on Brian in this case. But I admit, I'm partial to Cody... so if you have a better explanation of the facts, I'm open to a discussion. :)

The thing that Brian could have done, if he wasn't such an idiot, is just f**k them both. I would have.

ch22-24:

still wonder of Matt is too young....

let's see if it's actually going to be Danfield. who's the same age.

have we yet read what is Danfield's first name?

I don't know if you have or not. In any event, it is "Wade". A good "southern-sounding" name, no?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..