why?

why do the good die young? and the obnoxious and useless linger for decades like a bad rash?

why does one guy walk away from the plane crash or the train wreck without a scratch? why does that guy wonder WTF for the rest of his life?

why are we supposed to honor other peoples cultures when they spit on your own?

why do they tell you to do unto others as you would have them do unto you when you feel like you are being done to death?

why are all the cool games being made for game consoles and not for PCs?

why are people so god damned dumb and think they are so f**king smart?

if people are so smart, why do they close the store when the computers are down?

why are people scared shitless of the flu and don't seem to care about HIV?

why is it a misdemonor and a ticket for an ounce of weed in some states and a felony in others?

why do guys in the bar tell you that they have a lover and you see them in the parking lot doing everybody?

if hot strippers make money taking their clothes off, wouldn't ugly people be paid to put their clothes on?

why do the good die young? and the obnoxious and useless linger for decades like a bad rash?

Its the main question I'm asking myself, loosing a few years ago my daughter and last year my son....

"The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind" :music:

Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Peter, Paul and Mary may have the answer ? :blink:

James: Is the previous question a valid one, or is it based on apocrypha? I suggest that there are no data, but only anecdotes to support this. It's like the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" The assumption is that bad things happen to good people more often than bad things happen to bad people. That question, too, is based on anecdote and apocrypha. We may be more conscious of the good dying young and the useless lingering, and of bad things happening to good people, but the numbers almost certainly do not substantiate either. The questions may be the subject of spirited debate, but please don't take them too seriously.

why does one guy walk away from the plane crash or the train wreck without a scratch? why does that guy wonder WTF for the rest of his life?

Another anecdotal and apocryphal question...why do some people die in plane crashes, train wrecks, automobile accidents? Because the human body didn't evolve to survive high speed impacts. Perhaps in a few million years, if we last that long, the occasional survivors will breed an impact-resistant species. Why do some people survive? Serendipity (random chance, actually). Why do the survivors wonder "WTF"? Likely because people have made so much of the occasional, coincidental instances of "miraculous" survival and illogically forced us to look at this as unusual, odd, and perhaps undeserved. Why isn't the question, "WTF not"?

Why are you listening to people who tell you you should honor the culture of people who spit on your culture? And, please be careful to define and separate cultures. (Do we have a good definition of 'culture'?) Some people who profess some religious beliefs "spit on" the LGBT culture. Who dares tell me I have to honor their culture? Some people who profess some religious beliefs "spit on" aspects of the USA culture. Who dares tell me I have to honor their culture? By the way, by "their culture," I don't mean either an amorphous pan-Arabic culture or an amorphous definition of Islam.

why do they tell you to do unto others as you would have them do unto you when you feel like you are being done to death?

Too broad...I give up on this one.

My guess is that it's more profitable.

Because they're too stupid to know better?

if people are so smart, why do they close the store when the computers are down?

I believe you answered this one in your previous question.

Again, please see question two, above.

why is it a misdemonor and a ticket for an ounce of weed in some states and a felony in others?

I think you're on a roll, here.

why do guys in the bar tell you that they have a lover and you see them in the parking lot doing everybody?

Ditto.

if hot strippers make money taking their clothes off, wouldn't ugly people be paid to put their clothes on?

Please do not give our government any more excuses to tax us.

Thanks, James, for a fine way to wake up the brain on a Monday morning.

Because the good wear themselves out at the beck and call of the obnoxious and useless.

Fate, chance, luck, being a superhero.

Because their government is stronger/braver than ours. Don't get me wrong I still think we should honour them but we should not allow them to spit on us.

Because they are the ones you are 'doing to'

Because the makers of the game consoles spend more money on research and development

Because they are too dumb to realise they aren't and because they are allowed to be. (see questions 1 and 4)

Because they aren't smart enough to have a back up plan

Because their memories only stretch as far as the last public service announcement.

I don't know. I'm Welsh.. please explain.

Because 1. their lover broke up with them between the bar and the car park 2. they have a lot of lovers or 3 you have bad breath.

It's all relative. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and some of the beholders have strange eyes

• 4 weeks later...