Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The CAP Timeline

I really need to go back and read the earliest stories.

I'd never consider Will to be the child of "hired help" since he was Brad's natural son and Brad was a Schluter. It doesn't really matter that Brad's mother had an affair, Brad was still a Schluter and raised at Escorial. He became a permanent member of the family March 13, 1968 when he was 6 and his mother committed suicide, leaving Brad in JP and Isidore's custody.

Will was not one of these kids that popped up years later ala Marcel or Matt, he was acknowledged from Day 1 as the grandson of Stef and JP.

Weirdly, even though Brad was a Schluter, he was raised by JP and Isidore, as their child with Claire, Billy and Ace as his siblings. I don't remember Janice's relation to JP, or if it was merely because Brad was Billy's son.  "Uncle" Stef eventually morphed into Brad's other father, but by the time Will rolled around, Stef and JP were firmly established as the grandfathers.

Edited by PrivateTim
On 2/5/2019 at 5:45 AM, Timothy M. said:

I have to admit I'm deeply curious about J.P.'s take om President Obama and President Trump and all the other issues of the last 15 years.

We're currently at the year of gay marriage in Massachusetts, the "I Am A Gay American" Jim McGreevy gay sex scandal, the Swiftboat Veterans for truth, and the Indian Ocean Tsunami. I was 18 in 2004 so it's a very vivid year for me. 

On 6/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, PrivateTim said:

Weirdly, even though Brad was a Schluter, he was raised by JP and Isidore, as their child with Claire, Billy and Ace as his siblings. I don't remember Janice's relation to JP, or if it was merely because Brad was Billy's son.  "Uncle" Stef eventually morphed into Brad's other father, but by the time Will rolled around, Stef and JP were firmly established as the grandfathers.

Janice had no relation to JP, other than "cousin-in-law." Tonto, who was Billy's and Steven's mother, Stephan's grandmother, was the sister of JP's father, Jack Crampton. 

Edited by impunity
  • 4 months later...

Have we given Jake a birthday yet, Mark? I'd go with June 15, 1969. There aren't too many CAP characters with June birthdays aside from JP.

It'd be funny if Jake actually doesn't celebrate his birthday because he was raised Jehovah's Witness. (Obviously he would have had to leave, but that would have imprintedo n him.)

I added birthdays for Travis Buck and Bobbie Carrswold.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Here is the last I have.

CAP Generations Timeline
Generation 1- Marie and Jack Crampton. Had Jim Crampton together. Marie and Bill Hendrickson, had John Paul Crampton together. Gail “Tonto”Crampton and Barry Schluter, had Steven and William “Billy” together.

Generation 2- J.P. Crampton, son of Marie and Bill H., married to Isidore. J.P. and Isidore, had Claire Hobart together. Isidore and Andre Clerrault, had Ace Clerrault. Isidore and Jeff Hayes, had Billy together. Steven Schluterand Mme. Bordet, had Stefan together. Brian, son of Bill Hendrickson, J.P.'s half-brother. Jim Crampton, son of Marie and Jack Crampton. Frank Hayes, married to Brenda Hayes. Brother to Jeff Hayes.

Generation 3- Stefan, son of Steven Schluter. Brad Schluter, adopted son of Billy Schluter, and half-brother to Bitty Schluter and Nicholas Schluter. Ace Clerrault, son of Andre and Isidore. Married to Cass. Robbie Hayes, son of Fred Hayes and Brenda Hayes, committed to Brad Schluter. Billy Crampton, died single, 1980. Claire Hobart, daughter of Isidore and J.P., married 1985 to Jack Hobart.

Generation 4- Matt Carrswold, b. 1980 to Robbie Hayes and Laura. Given up for adoption to the Carrswold. Darius Schluter, b. 1982. Son of Bitty and Random Iranian (Persian?) Guy. J.J. Schluter, B. 1985. Son of Bitty and Jim Crampton. (I wonder if this means J.J. will want a GM.) Darius and J.J. adopted by Brad Schluter and Robbie Hayes. Marie Hobart, b. 1986. Daughter of Jack and Claire Hobart. Will Schluter, b. 1986. Son of Brad and Jeanine. John Hobart, b. 1987. Son of Jack and Claire Hobart. Courtney Clerrault, b. 1995. Daughter of Ace and Cass Clerrault.

Generation 5- Madison Graves, b. Sept 13, 2000, daughter of Jeanine Graves and Cody WarrenRiley van den Boss Danfield, b. Sept 14, 2000, son of Wade Danfield and Tiffany van den Boss. Robert Edward van den Boss Carrswold, b, March 24, 2003, son of Matt Carrswold and Tiffany van den Boss.

CAP Timeline

1900?: Jack Crampton is born

1903: Gail “Tonto” Crampton is born, married to Barry Schluter.

April 1925: Jim Crampton is born.

May 27, 1925: Steven Schluter is born.

1936: Billy Schluter is born.

June 20, 1936: J.P. Crampton is born, the result of an affair between Marie Crampton and Bill Hendrickson.

December 17,1944: Steven Schluter dies in World War II.

July 14, 1945: Stefan Schluter, the son of Steven Schluter, is born.

November 12, 1945: Jeff Hayes is born.

1962-1963 School Year: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Northwestern University.

June 1962: Stefan Bordet Schluter arrives in Claremont to live with Gail Schluter.

October 4, 1962: Brad Schluter is born. He is the adoptive son of Billy Schluter, and the biological son of Kevin Carmichael. Janice his mother leaves him with JP & Isidore, March 13, 1968, then commits suicide in SF.

December 1962: Andre, JP's partner, is killed in action in Vietnam.

March 6, 1963: Andre Charles Clerreault “Ace” is born to Isidore, having been fathered by J.P.'s lover Andre.

March 1963: Robbie Hayes is born, the youngest of three children. He is the son of Frank and Brenda Hayes.

April 10, 1963: Billy Schulter dies at sea on USS Thresher

October 27, 1964: Clare and Billy Crampton are born. Clare is JP's biological daughter, and Billy is Jeff Hayes's biological son.

1968: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Stanford.

July 13, 1968: Jeff Hayes dies of an heroin overdose.

March 8, 1969: Marcel is born. He is the biological son of Jeff Hayes, but is raised in France.

April 24, 1980: Matt Carrswold is born. He is the biological son of Robbie Hayes, but is adopted by the Carrswold familyand grows up in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

May 15, 1980: Wade Danfield is born. He becomes Matt Carrswold's boyfriend after meeting him on the hockey team at Stanford during the 1998-1999 school year.

October 19, 1980: Billy dies in a car accident on the night of a party at Escorial.

January 19, 1982: Darius Schluter is born. He is the son of Bitty Schluter and a random Persian man, but is raised by Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine. He has one biological half-brother, JJ, and one adopted brother, Will Schluter.

July 25, 1982: Gathan Hayes is born. He was raised in Claremont, Ohio by his uncle and aunt, Wally and Clara Hayes.

February 1983: Kristin Hendrickson is born.

August 26, 1983: Ella Hayes, daughter of Richard Crampton, is born.

May 30, 1985: Zach Hayes is born.

1985: J.P.'s lover Roger, and one-time lover Sam, both die of AIDS that year.

December 7, 1985: Jeremy Schluter, aka J.J., is born. He is the biological son of Jim Crampton and Bitty Schluter, and has been raised in Malibu, CA with Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine.

February 19, 1986: Marie Crampton, aka Maman, dies of natural causes.

April 18, 1986: Marie Hobart, daughter of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

April 20, 1986: Travis Buck is born.

September 14, 1986: Will Schluter, son of Brad and Jeanine, is born.

July 21, 1987: John Hobart, son of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

1990: Gail “Tonto” Schluter dies an old woman, warm in her bed surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren. A death we should all hope to have.

March 28, 1995: Greg Anders, Stefan's long-time companion, dies of a heart attack.

August 4, 1995: Beatrice “Bitty” Schluter dies of a drug overdose.

September 4, 1995: Ace's daughter, Courtney, is born.

August 7, 1998: Robbie Hayes reunites with his long-lost son, Matt Carrswold.

September 13, 2000: Madison Graves is born.

September 14, 2000: Riley van den Boss Danfield is born.

September 11, 2001: Robbie Hayes, as well as Jeanine and her partner Hank, die in the Towers. Senator Danfield dies at the Pentagon.

March 24, 2003: Robert Edward van den Boss Carrswold is born.

• Love 3

Great work, Private Tim. I do believe that Ace divorced Cass and got back with his European fling from Man In Motion. That was basically how Mark wrote off his character. Can't remember which book that happened in- maybe Flux? I feel like Ace was around for 9/11 but dipped out after that. 

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..