Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The CAP Timeline

Weird..... there were no pinned topics when I posted that and then when it refreshed I saw a bunch of pinned topics.....

They were there. The computer gods are playing tricks on you. Resist the urge to smite them. Posted Image

They were there. The computer gods are playing tricks on you. Resist the urge to smite them. Posted Image

they need smiting.

the "notifications" of your new chapters arrive randomly for the two stories of yours that I follow. yesterday I recieved a notification for a story "just posted" - unfortunately it was a for a story posted almost 12 months ago!!.....

they need smiting.

the "notifications" of your new chapters arrive randomly for the two stories of yours that I follow. yesterday I recieved a notification for a story "just posted" - unfortunately it was a for a story posted almost 12 months ago!!.....

Actually, I think what you got was an update. I neglected to list Sharon as the editor of Poor Man's Son so I fixed that oversight, before she decided to smite me. Posted Image

That's one of the mildly annoying problems with the updating system. If you change a story to correct something like that, or to edit the description, or if you make changes/corrections to a chapter, a notification goes out. I've had to 'unlike' some authors that I like simply because they fiddle with their chapter after they post them and I end up getting a cavalcade of e-mails. I try not to do that to you guys, but we're all fallible.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, not just a timeline, we need a dramatis personae.

We know when Marcel was born, but I vaguely remember how he came in the story, was he the little kid who Stef gave money to his mother?

And Max, Cody, Wade, Sam, Roger, Greg and others.... all have been major characters at one time, some will be again (I hope) but I've forgotten how they wound up in the various stories.

I remember Wade met Matt at Stanford (I think) and Cody we met through that talent agent lady, whose name I forget, but who ought to appear occasionally still.

What has happened to the domestic help JP got when he built Escorial? Are they the same 38 years later? Wouldn't they be close to retirement? What happened to their kids? They'd have grand kids by now. No homos in that bunch?

We know when Marcel was born, but I vaguely remember how he came in the story, was he the little kid who Stef gave money to his mother?

No, that would be Lou, the hot french kid who's about Marcel's age. Lou had a drug problem during his early 20's, but he got help and is currently working as a new anchor in Canada. We most recently saw him in Bloodlines, where he pretended to be Matt's boyfriend at the country club to piss off Matt's parents.

And Max, Cody, Wade, Sam, Roger, Greg and others.... all have been major characters at one time, some will be again (I hope) but I've forgotten how they wound up in the various stories.

Brad met Max at a college party in 1985. Wade did indeed meet Matt at Stanford in 1998 because they are teammates. Sam was a bellhop student that J.P. met in 1968 who got denied tenure at Stanford in '80, and that was a factor in the demise of their relationship. Roger was a guy who worked on a vineyard in 1973 that was slated to be developed into houses- Stefan got the idea to build the development around the vineyard because he realized that it would allow the guy to keep his vineyard and increase property values. Roger died in 1985 from AIDS. Greg and Stefan met in '73 as well through all the crazy Hollywood parties, and he died in 1995 from a heart attack.

Cody we met through that talent agent lady, whose name I forget, but who ought to appear occasionally still.

Her name is Jackie. She is notorious for throwing big drunken Hollywood orgies. We last saw her in Millenium, throwing one of her parties in which Hilary Swank was having a threesome and Aaron Eckhart was getting plowed. If Mark goes through with having Ella becoming an actress, it would make sense to bring her back. Although getting to know Ella better by now, I'm not sure that'd be the right thing for her.

What has happened to the domestic help JP got when he built Escorial? Are they the same 38 years later? Wouldn't they be close to retirement? What happened to their kids? They'd have grand kids by now. No homos in that bunch?

Honestly, with the amount of characters that are currently on the canvas, I can't see what the point would be in suddenly mentioning the help, who probably came and go because they're not live-ins J.P.'s nanny, I think it was Vella, made sense in mentioning because he grew up with her, as did Sam, her son. Sam got a mention in the last story. The only California help they've had that's been mentioned throughout would be the chauffer.

Edited by methodwriter85

Her name is Jackie. She is notorious for throwing big drunken Hollywood orgies. We last saw her in Millenium, throwing one of her parties in which Hilary Swank was having a threesome and Aaron Eckhart was getting plowed. If Mark goes through with having Ella becoming an actress, it would make sense to bring her back. Although getting to know Ella better by now, I'm not sure that'd be the right thing for her.

Honestly, with the amount of characters that are currently on the canvas, I can't see what the point would be in suddenly mentioning the help, who probably came and go because they're not live-ins J.P.'s nanny, I think it was Vella, made sense in mentioning because he grew up with her, as did Sam, her son. Sam got a mention in the last story. The only California help they've had that's been mentioned throughout would be the chauffer.

I loved Jackie, I always pictured her like the costume lady in The Incredibles.

Posted Image

The chauffeur, I want to say Pablo or something... and then his wife was the cook. They have been in the story for ever so I think they would be almost like family in a lot of ways knowing how Isidore is.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cody we met through that talent agent lady, whose name I forget, but who ought to appear occasionally still.

You goofed guys. We didn't meet Cody thru Jackie, Steph found him in Chicago and took him home to Malibu. When Cody decided he wanted to work in the Hollywood industry Greg Anders, Stephs significant other at the time introduced him to Jackie.

And as for the "family tree", my adult daughter and I have been discussing the story ( a little odd I know but if you leave out the sex scenes there is still 2 tons of story line to discuss)  and we tried to trace all the commitments, associations, cheats, births and deaths. We used a different color for each "branch" of the family. The silly thing came out looking more like a tangled grape vine!

• Like 2

You goofed guys. We didn't meet Cody thru Jackie, Steph found him in Chicago and took him home to Malibu. When Cody decided he wanted to work in the Hollywood industry Greg Anders, Stephs significant other at the time introduced him to Jackie.

I am pretty sure that Stef is who introuduced Cody to Jackie.  If I remember correctly she was more Stef's friend that Greg's.  Greg never seemed to care for Jackie but Stef had been friends with her since he was involved with Peter, this was before Stef and Greg got together.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that Stef is who introuduced Cody to Jackie.  If I remember correctly she was more Stef's friend that Greg's.  Greg never seemed to care for Jackie but Stef had been friends with her since he was involved with Peter, this was before Stef and Greg got together.

That is correct.  We first met Jackie in The Land Whore.  Cody came along in If It Fits.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

lot of writers will make a so-called "timeline" for their story, because it's a handy way to keep from messing up continuity, and it's fun little trivia for fans of a series. I thought I would go ahead and make one for Mark. It'll be refined and updated as I go back and read the stories to get a better picture, but...here are important dates and events in the CAP universe. And I'd like to ask for help as well- if you find a specific date for an event and think it's important for the timeline, let me know, and if I think it's important enough, I'll edit to include it!

CAP TIMELINE

1903: Tonto is born.

April 1925: Jim Crampton is born.

May 27, 1925: Steven Schluter is born.

1936: Billy Schluter is born.

June 20, 1936: J.P. Crampton is born, the result of an affair between Marie Crampton and Bill Hendrickson.

December 17,1944: Steven Schluter dies in World War II.

July 14, 1945: Stefan Schluter, the son of Steven Schluter, is born.

November 12, 1945: Jeff Hayes is born.

1962-1963 School Year: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Northwestern University.

October 4, 1962: Brad Schluter is born. He is the adoptive son of Billy Schluter, and the biological son of Kevin Carmicheal.

December 1962: Andre, JP's partner, is killed in action in Vietnam.

March 6, 1963: Ace is born to Isidore, having been fathered by J.P.'s lover Andre.

March 1963: Robbie Hayes is born, the youngest of three children. He is the son of Frank and Brenda Hayes.

April 10, 1963: Billy Schulter dies at sea on USS Thresher

October 27, 1964: Clare and Billy Crampton are born. Clare is JP's biological daughter, and Billy is Jeff Hayes's biological son.

1968: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Stanford.

July 13, 1968: Jeff Hayes dies of an heroin overdose.

March 8, 1969: Marcel is born. He is the biological son of Jeff Hayes, but is raised in France.

April 24, 1980: Matt Carrswold is born. He is the biological son of Robbie Hayes, but is adopted by the Carrswolds and grows up in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

May 15, 1980: Wade Danfield is born. He becomes Matt Carrswold's boyfriend after meeting him on the hockey team at Stanford during the 1998-1999 school year.

October 19, 1980: Billy dies in a car accident on the night of a party at Escorial.

January 19, 1982: Darius Schluter is born. He is the son of Bitty Schluter and a random Iranian man, but is raised by Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine. He has one biological half-brother, JJ, and one adopted brother, Will Schluter.

July 25, 1982: Gathan Hayes is born. He was raised in Claremont, Ohio by his uncle and aunt, Wally and Clara Hayes.

February 1983: Kristin Hendrickson is born.

August 26, 1983: Ella Hayes, daughter of Richard Crampton, is born.

May 30, 1985: Zach Hayes is born.

1985: J.P.'s lover Roger, and one-time lover Sam, both die of AIDS that year.

December 7, 1985: Jeremy Schluter, aka J.J., is born. He is the biological son of Jim Crampton and Bitty Schluter, and has been raised in Malibu, CA with Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine.

February 19, 1986: Marie Crampton, aka Maman, dies of natural causes.

April 18, 1986: Marie Hobart, daughter of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

September 14, 1986: Will Schluter, son of Brad and Jeanine, is born.

July 21, 1987: John Hobart, son of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

Between 1991 to 1995: Tonto Schluter dies an old woman, warm in her bed surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren. A death we should all hope to have.

March 28, 1995: Greg, Stefan's long-time companion, dies of a heart attack.

September 4, 1995: Ace's daughter, Courtney, is born.

August 7, 1998: Robbie Hayes reunites with his long-lost son, Matt Carrswold.

September 13, 2000: Madison Graves, daughter of Jeanine Graves and Cody Warren, is born.

September 14, 2000: Riley van den Boss Danfield, son of Wade Danfield and Tiffany van den Boss is born.

September 11, 2001: Robbie Hayes, as well as Jeanine and her partner Hank, die in the Towers for 9/11. Senator Danfield dies at the Pentagon.

The orginal post I was apparently archived, so I can't edit it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

What about Tony Carbone and his sister, technically unrelated but the off spring of one of JP's ex's? Should Tony not be included? He played a fairly large part in Wills life for almost a year before he totally screwed that up, and while we haven't seen much of him since the float trip in July I get the feeling we will be seeing more of him in the future.

Also reading back over the entirety of this thread, there was another cause of "slutty behavior" everyone seems to have over looked among the royalty you all discussed. Often marriages were arranged for political purposes throughout history. One might not find one's spouse particularly appealing. Back stairs relationships abounded.   

• Like 1

Mark's never mentioned a birthday for either Tony or his sister...similiar to how Jeff doesn't have one, either. Tony and Jeff are roughly Darius's age, so they were born in either late 1981 or in the first half of 1982. Cody doesn't have a birthday, either- we just know that he was 25 in 1995, so he was likely born in either 1969 or 1970. When it came to characters like Gathan, Ella, and Zach, we worked out birthdays so that we could have an idea of what grades they were in...we also wanted Gathan to turn 18 during the summer of the Poor Man's Son, so that's why we worked out one for him. And Mark was originally going to have Ella be 14, but we bumped her age up to 16 nearly 17 so she'd be a more appropriate love interest for Darius.

Heck, even Robbie never had a specific birthday- we just know that he turned 18 in March 1981, meaning he was born in March 1963.

It's so much easier with the people who were born "on page", so to speak, like JJ, Will, Marie, and Courtney were. Those birthdates are set in stone.

Edited by methodwriter85

Okay, not just a timeline, we need a dramatis personae.

I remember Wade met Matt at Stanford (I think) and Cody we met through that talent agent lady, whose name I forget, but who ought to appear occasionally still.

I too think we need a cast of characters that reminds us who Billy, Lou, Father Tim (who is he dating again?), Mouse, etc and those above were, especially when they get referred back to.

Billy Schluter- Brad's adopted father, and JP's cousin who was roughly JP's age. Died April 10, 1963 in a submarine accident.

Billy Crampton- Brad's adopted brother, and Ace's half-brother, who was the son of Jeff Hayes and Isidore. Died in a car accident during the 1980 World Series just shy of his 16th birthday.

Mouse- Brad's friend from high school, who was rescued from an abusive family. Contracted AIDS in 1984-1985, wound up dating JP, and died sometime before the summer of 1991, when A Summer Love began.

Lou- The little kid who Stefan gave money to in France, wound getting involved with the Claremont clan in 1985 during Man In Motion. Looks like Matthew Bomer. (*I* think he should look like Matthew Bomer, in any event.) Became a T.V. news guy, currently with Marcel.  His last notable storyline was him making out with Matt in Bloodlines at his parent's country club to piss them off.

Marcel- Jeff's long-lost son, who was born in 1969 in France. Discovered by Mouse in 1985, who freaked out because Mouse had feelings for Billy and Marcel looked exactly like Billy. Had sex with Brad, who thought he was Robbie. Wound up following the Schluters and Hayes to America during Man In Motion, or perhaps after. Had a romantic fling with J.P. Crampton in the summer of 1991, when he was 22. Marcel wound up inheriting money from Greg, Stefan's partner, and had a scary O'D on heroin in 1995. He hasn't really been a notable player since.

Max- Brad's fling from college when he was broken up with Robbie. Eventually became a professor at UCLA, and is currently with Father Tim.

Cody- We met Cody in 1995 at the J-Bar in Chicago. Eventually set up with a job with Jackie the Hollywood agent. He's basically slept with almost every single gay/bisexual male CAP family member...the only reason he hasn't slept with Will is because Will's 15. (JJ will probably be the only one who doesn't sleep with Cody. He'd find Cody too slutty, and Cody would rightfully find JJ a stuck up bitch.)

Wade- We met Wade in 1998, as Matt Carrswold's hockey teammate. They began a relationship, and eventually bonded through traumatizing events such as Wade's molestation from his dad, and Matt's coma. His family has slowly turned into a core family of CAP, and he has a 1-year old son named Riley, whom Matt basically considers his step-son.

Sam- We met Sam in 1968, as a bellhop at a California hotel. He began a relationship with JP Crampton, and the two lived together until 1980. They broke up as Sam became disillusioned by Stanford not giving him tenure, and Sam started trolling his step-son's friends for sex. Sam died of AIDS in 1985, when his son Tony was 3.

Roger- We met Roger in 1973, as he owned a small winery that was slated to be developed in Alameda County. Stefan, sensing an opportunity, decided to build the housing development around the winery, knowing that it would boost property values. Roger ended up with JP after JP broke up with Sam in 1980, and died of AIDS in 1985.

Greg- Movie producer that we met in 1973. Became Stefan's romantic partner, who settled with him in Malibu. (That is where Malibu came from in the story.) They were a couple until 1995, when Greg died of a heart attack.

As for the help, interestingly enough, with the exception of the body guards, no one in recent years has played much of role. We know JP was friends with Black Sam, his housekeeper Vella's son, but as far as I've seen, none of the current CAP youth have been friends with the kids of the help. I have no experience with this, but aren't you less likely to see live-in help now? It'd make sense that they're not as close, unless we're talking about the body guards.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..