Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The CAP Timeline

Marcel- Robbie's long-lost son, who was born in 1969 in France. Discovered by Mouse in 1985, who freaked out because Mouse had feelings for Billy and Marcel looked exactly like Billy. Had sex with Brad, who thought he was Robbie. Wound up following the Schluters and Hayes to America during Man In Motion, or perhaps after. Had a romantic fling with J.P. Crampton in the summer of 1991, when he was 22. Marcel wound up inheriting money from Greg, Stefan's partner, and had a scary O'D on heroin in 1995. He hasn't really been a notable player since.

Marcel was Jeff's long lost son, which makes him Robbie's first cousin.  He did come over in Man in Motion.

Cody- We met Cody in 1995...I think he was a Hollywood Boy Toy from the Mid-West that Jackie set them up with? Or something like that. He eventually started working for Robbie's movie company, I believe. He's basically slept with almost every single gay/bisexual male CAP family member...the only reason he hasn't slept with Will is because Will's 15. (JJ will probably be the only one who doesn't sleep with Cody. He'd find Cody too trashy and uncouth, and Cody would rightfully find JJ a stuck up bitch.)

Well that's pretty much completely wrong.  -_- Stef met Cody at the J-Bar in If It Fits (Sharon's favorite of the saga).  He helped Stef work through his grief over Greg, and then ultimately ended up with Max.  Stef got him a job working with Jackie.  Cody isn't trashy and uncouth, he's very charming, and very suave (and very slutty).  JJ would grab his ankles for Cody any time of the day; all Cody would have to do is pay a little attention to him and flirt with him.

As for the help, interestingly enough, with the exception of the body guards, no one in recent years has played much of role. We know JP was friends with Black Sam, his housekeeper Vella's son, but as far as I've seen, none of the current CAP youth have been friends with the kids of the help. I have no experience with this, but aren't you less likely to see live-in help now? It'd make sense that they're not as close, unless we're talking about the body guards.

Rafael and Anna figured prominently in several stories, and were at the big Christmas dinner they had for JP in 2000.

Marcel, on paper, should've been a really interesting, crazy character considering his pedigree. But I think character-wise, he was too opaque to really work as a lead.

As you've pointed out probably about 1000 times. 

• Haha 1

Marcel was Jeff's long lost son, which makes him Robbie's first cousin.  He did come over in Man in Motion.

Right. Duly noted and corrected.

Well that's pretty much completely wrong.  -_- Stef met Cody at the J-Bar in If It Fits (Sharon's favorite of the saga).  He helped Stef work through his grief over Greg, and then ultimately ended up with Max.  Stef got him a job working with Jackie. 

Corrected, of course.

JJ would grab his ankles for Cody any time of the day; all Cody would have to do is pay a little attention to him and flirt with him

But I gotta disagree hard with you on this one. You're thinking like an indiscriminating slut ala Will. JJ isn't like that. JJ is an elitist, as you've pointed out, and I don't think he'd find Cody attractive. I think JJ would be turned off and stick his nose up at Cody's sluttiness, his partying ways, and just the general thinking that he doesn't come from an impressive family name. Remember JJ's condescending attitude about how Will being a sucker for any handsome guy that acts like he wants to play around? I think he'd having similiar feelings about Cody.

I also get the strong feeling that JJ will lean towards lanky brunettes ala Evan Lyscek and guys with that Nicholas Hoult kind of look, for his gay side. (Grant Gustin is another kind of guy I could see turning JJ's crank.) I don't see him into the beefy blond jock look, at all, being that he's growing up in a world where that look isn't surrounding him- it's the lithe little twinks that are. And on some level, I don't think JJ would like being the small little runt with a big beefy dude, because being the runt has always been a bit of a thorn on his side. Being with a huge guy would emphasize that.

Edited by methodwriter85

Rafael and Anna figured prominently in several stories, and were at the big Christmas dinner they had for JP in 2000.

Jeremy may be on to something here, though. While we have seen plenty of above stairs/below stairs interaction, most prominently and profoundly with Jeanine, the only children of domestic staff we've seen have been Will himself, who was elevated to family member (as a sign of the changing class balance post WWII era, in different circumstances he might not have been so acknowledged, as was the case with JJ and Ella), and the kid that got molested by...Josh I think his name was, in Land Whore I believe. I think that Sam was a useful vehicle to show that JP was capable of interacting with someone of a different class and race as a relative equal, and with complete respect, which has never been and I don't think ever will be a common trait. But since then, that particular vehicle has been unnecessary, since the narrator of the moment has proven that trait primarily by sleeping with people and assumed (overt in Stefan's case) education from JP.

because being the runt has always been a bit of a

Not sure you're correct here. I've always been the runt of my family; for all that I'm the only son and the tallest member of my family, I know which of my siblings is the soft mark, and it isn't any of my sisters. While I tend to like guys that are small and thin like me, or even more than me, I also have liked guys that were big and beefy and whose jackets and pants I ruthlessly steal and swim in, simply for the change of pace.

I agree I might have been reaching with that one. I do think more than anything, it'd be JJ's blue-blood elitist attitude that'd keep him from being attracted to someone like Cody. And I do think there's something to be said about how the type of guys that you grow up with tend to be "imprinted on you", i.e. track guys finding other track guys hot, football guys having a thing for other football types. I think JJ would find himself into other lithe figure skater types.

And my main deal is that I don't see JJ being that easy- I think he'd be pretty picky about the types of people he'd fool around with, because he's a snob and because he's got to be super-discrete. The fact that Cody has served as the family mattress would be a major turn-off for him, if you think in terms of the fact that JJ does look down on Will's sluttiness, and he does try to keep certain things separate from his family so no one could comment or judge him. Hooking up with the guy that EVERYONE in his family would therefore run pretty counter to that, wouldn't it?

I mean seriously though, he's already kind of the family odd-ball on pretty much everything, so why not have him be the family oddball in terms of not wanting to carry on the family tradition of sleeping with Cody? We already know that it's inevitably going to happen with Will, so that generation is covered. LOL.

the only children of domestic staff we've seen have been Will himself, who was elevated to family member (as a sign of the changing class balance post WWII era, in different circumstances he might not have been so acknowledged, as was the case with JJ and Ella

And that's the rub with JJ. He's such an elitist snob, but by certain circles he'd be considered the illegitimate bastard of a philanderer and his crackwhore. I think JJ knows that he's adopted and that Bitty was messed up, but I'm not sure he understands the full exent of his paternity, and when he does I think it's going to hit him hard.

Edited by methodwriter85

But I gotta disagree hard with you on this one. You're thinking like an indiscriminating slut ala Will. JJ isn't like that. JJ is an elitist, as you've pointed out, and I don't think he'd find Cody attractive. I think JJ would be turned off and stick his nose up at Cody's sluttiness, his partying ways, and just the general thinking that he doesn't come from an impressive family name. Remember JJ's condescending attitude about how Will being a sucker for any handsome guy that acts like he wants to play around? I think he'd having similiar feelings about Cody.

I agree with Mark. While JJ might put up this elitist front and airs, he is a very insecure kid looking for attention. That was the opening his skate coach saw and took advantage of. A lot of the kids who fall to someone like the coach think it is an equal caring relationship at the time, only later do they see what really happened.

We often criticize in others what we fear in ourselves. I think any cute guy who paid attention to JJ, complimented JJ, fed his insecurities (in a positive way) would have JJ eating out of his hands.

Jeremy may be on to something here, though. While we have seen plenty of above stairs/below stairs interaction, most prominently and profoundly with Jeanine, the only children of domestic staff we've seen have been Will himself, who was elevated to family member (as a sign of the changing class balance post WWII era, in different circumstances he might not have been so acknowledged, as was the case with JJ and Ella), and the kid that got molested by...Josh I think his name was, in Land Whore I believe. I think that Sam was a useful vehicle to show that JP was capable of interacting with someone of a different class and race as a relative equal, and with complete respect, which has never been and I don't think ever will be a common trait. But since then, that particular vehicle has been unnecessary, since the narrator of the moment has proven that trait primarily by sleeping with people and assumed (overt in Stefan's case) education from JP.

But Will is Brad's natural son and it wasn't some hidden, quiet affair, it was an open three-way with Jeanine as I recall and they were waiting to see who the father was, Robbie or Brad, and they had already agreed to live as a thr-ouple.

• Like 2

You're thinking of Maddy, Tim. Robbie was in jail when Will was conceived, and both Brad and Jeanine were in shock from Marie's announcement of her brain tumor. https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mark-arbour/maninmotion/22

Wow, this really is a soap opera, isn't it?

Also, I realize that Will was acknowledged from the start. But that's pretty weird. Whatever else Jeanine is, she was still originally, and for most of her adult life shouldered the burden of being, domestic staff first and family a distant second. She's not even an acknowledged mistress. The primary friction between Brad and Jeanine, and Will and Jeanine, is that while she's relegated to second string status even within her own household, her son is treated as lord of the manor, where in almost any other era, and with at least five other characters I can think of off the top of my head, a bastard would have remained mostly unacknowledged, almost entirely estranged from their father and his family, and dumped on the mother's family. In a couple of cases, that worked out rather well for them, and we've seen at least two other examples (Stef, Ace) where that trend did not apply, or apply completely, but it's still the most common story.

So why didn't it happen with Will? Brad had his own personal experience with being the child of unwed parents, but he also had the examples of Stef and JP to look up to. The recent discovery of Marcel may have also proven a factor. And we cannot overstate the influence of Tonto's threats.

Edited by B1ue
  • Like 1

I agree with Mark. While JJ might put up this elitist front and airs, he is a very insecure kid looking for attention. That was the opening his skate coach saw and took advantage of. A lot of the kids who fall to someone like the coach think it is an equal caring relationship at the time, only later do they see what really happened.

We often criticize in others what we fear in ourselves. I think any cute guy who paid attention to JJ, complimented JJ, fed his insecurities (in a positive way) would have JJ eating out of his hands.

That's exactly it.  And while I may have been exaggerating about JJ just grabbing his ankles, I think that JJ has already shown himself to be vulnerable to "Daddy" types like his coach.  So while Cody is a slutty party boy, he's also very fashionable, very popular, and very hot; things JJ would possibly appreciate.  And again, this is far down the road, but if Cody becomes more paternal with Maddy, that could fuel his Daddy persona in JJ's mind even more.  

The image JJ shows the outside world may hide some real depravity beneath the surface. :devil: 

• Like 1

You're thinking of Maddy, Tim. Robbie was in jail when Will was conceived, and both Brad and Jeanine were in shock from Marie's announcement of her brain tumor. https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mark-arbour/maninmotion/22

Also, I realize that Will was acknowledged from the start. But that's pretty weird. Whatever else Jeanine is, she was still originally, and for most of her adult life shouldered the burden of being, domestic staff first and family a distant second. She's not even an acknowledged mistress. The primary friction between Brad and Jeanine, and Will and Jeanine, is that while she's relegated to second string status even within her own household, her son is treated as lord of the manor, where in almost any other era, and with at least five other characters I can think of off the top of my head, a bastard would have remained mostly unacknowledged, almost entirely estranged from their father and his family, and dumped on the mother's family. In a couple of cases, that worked out rather well for them, and we've seen at least two other examples (Stef, Ace) where that trend did not apply, or apply completely, but it's still the most common story.

So why didn't it happen with Will? Brad had his own personal experience with being the child of unwed parents, but he also had the examples of Stef and JP to look up to. The recent discovery of Marcel may have also proven a factor. And we cannot overstate the influence of Tonto's threats.

I think that Jeanine-Brad-Will's story more closely parallels a situation we'd find in Granger's time, where the woman of reasonably respectable lineage is brought in to birth the heir to the throne, and once he's born, she is less useful.  I'm not saying that's entirely what happened here, but in a way, once Will came along, Brad really didn't have much to do with Jeanine, and Will and Brad then developed a tight (but volatile) bond.

• Like 2

Okay. Birthdays:

Tony: March 20, 1982

Slut Cody: Sept 9, 1969

Robbie: April 19, 1963.

Yes all these dates have a hidden meaning. :)

Well, Robbie's birthday has to be March.I'm not sure I'd want Tony's birthday to be March, as March is pretty loaded with CAP birthdays. I'm not fond of having Cody's birthday being in September, either, as that's also a pretty loaded month, but then again, after you turn 21 birthdays are pretty optional. I spent my 26th birthday pulling an all-nighter in grad school, giving a presentation that morning, putting in a 12-4  shift at work, then crashing in my bed until 10 p.m. I did go over to a dorm and have a beer with my friend who's birthday was December 8th.

Damn it, you're right. You have no idea how much that annoys me. LOL.

JJ reminds me of this e-friend I had once (I'm going to with the idea that he was truthful but everything comes with a grain of salt)...he was a rich frat kid with a well-used Amex. There was this guy he was hooking up with in college...for his birthday, he wanted to buy the guy cufflinks. Seriously, cufflinks. And I'm thinking he wasn't eyeing 30 dollar sterling silving cufflinks from Macy's, either. Luckily, Eric didn't do it, as Eric found out he was getting strung along by the guy, but in general, Eric was a pretty insecure guy who tried to buy friends and relationships. I see JJ being the same way.

If he does indeed get fame and the ensuing entourage, I predict some pretty shady folks trying to get in with JJ. If Zach were smart, he'd start cozying up to JJ once Zach winds up in California for college. (You're a good-looking guy with no problem using your looks to get ahead that has a standing invitation to have your college covered by rich and famous relatives who live in California with connections to academia AND in the movie industry. You sure as hell wouldn't go to Ohio State.)

You're thinking of Maddy, Tim. Robbie was in jail when Will was conceived, and both Brad and Jeanine were in shock from Marie's announcement of her brain tumor. http://www.gayauthor.../maninmotion/22

I think the only births with normal births with normal backstories have been Marie and Courtney; every other CAP birth we've seen had some kind of soapy twist. Although the fact that these are gay men trying to procreate does kind of force it to happen that way, unless Mark starts having these characters procreate using IVF and surrogates and the like.

Although by the early 2000's, it probably wasn't THAT out of the ordinary for two gay men to procreate with a lesbian. What makes it different with Tiffany/Matt/Wade was that they did it the old-fashioned way instead of sperm donation. So Riley's conception comes close to normal.

In terms of the births that happened on-page, I'd say JJ's was the soapiest- 6 weeks early and born to a crackwhore who was prostituting herself to the most respected man in town. In terms of births that happened off-page, nothing can beat the fact that Billy and Claire were twins who were concieved using two different fathers. People didn't even know that was possible until recent years.

The image JJ shows the outside world may hide some real depravity beneath the surface. :devil:

You're really into the idea that Disney Type Virginal people like Tim Tebow are hiding secret depravity, aren't you? LOL. Although in JJ's case, I can see that being the case. He's a biological Crampton. Eventually the slut gene with present itself. I think it's hilarious that JJ isn't even the only bastard that Jim has- JJ actually has a brother or sister out there who's older than Stefan. I wonder how many bastard kids Jim and his legitimate son Rich have between them- it's at least 3. (Too bad Rich doesn't have a legitimate brother that can add to the numbers- Vanessa probably can't do much to hide any bastard kids unless she "went away to visit some relatives" like Matt's biological mother did.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

Again, maybe I am confusing characters, but Brad was not born out of wedlock. His mother was married......  just not to the man who was his father.

Brad's mother had a reason for keeping his parentage secret and one has to assume it was an "accident".

While Will's conception might have been an accident, there was no need for any mystery or embarrassment over his parentage. I recall that Brad was pretty okay with it. That Brad treated Jeanine like hired help was just Brad. A lot of men treat their partners like hired help.

• Like 1

Again, maybe I am confusing characters, but Brad was not born out of wedlock. His mother was married......  just not to the man who was his father.

Brad's mother had a reason for keeping his parentage secret and one has to assume it was an "accident".

To clarify, I meant that the parents weren't married to each other, not that they weren't married at all.

And, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'm not arguing with you that Brad wasn't embarrassed by Jeanine and Will. What I am arguing is that this is not a typical occurrence, even now, and that in other circumstances it would have run to taboo, primarily because of the wealth imbalance. If Brad, or the family, had reacted differently, there might have been quite a bit of pressure put on Jeanine to "take care of the problem." Or, failing that, another approach might have been to simply pay Jeanine off, get the kid and her out of town with a fat paycheck and a legally binding contract to not declare paternity or seek further child support.

But that kind of thing is becoming less common. Paternity tests are relatively accessible, and there's much less pressure to marry a coparent, especially among my class level. I'm having trouble naming ten people I know that both have children, and have all their children with the same coparent. If I eliminate people that have only one child, it's really a stretch. Brad and Jeanine are in no sense a couple, but their relationship defies odds and explanations.

Edited by B1ue

Two things come into play here- it was 1986, when things like this were becoming less of a taboo. If this were 1956, things were have been very different. Secondly, Brad being not that interested in having a wife, he knew that this would be his chance to have a kid, so he went with it.  I think Brad envisioned himself and Jeanine becoming friends while raising kids, similar to JP and Isidore without the marriage. Finally, since Brad himself was a bastard, I just can't see it as being something that would have been a big deal.

I do think that if Jack had gotten Jeanine pregnant in 1986, there's no doubt that the scenario would have played out exactly as you said, but that's because Jack comes from a conventional rich family.

You did point something very interesting out- we haven't met the kids of the Help since probably the time Brad and Co. were teenagers. I wonder if that's because of how elite the Cramptons/Schluters have become, or if Rafel/Anna etc etc aren't live-ins, so we don't really see their kids. Maybe they commute from like Santa Monica or Anaheim, thus that's where their kids go to school instead of Malibu High, thus we've never met them.

This was actually pretty cool to look at- it's a listing of the most popular names for girls by state, starting with 1960 and ending with 2012. One of the things Mark tries to do is reflect the time period by having characters with period-correct names...it's why he picked Madison, because Maddy is a cute nickname and it really was a popular name at the start of the 2000's.

If our CAP female characters were named the most popular name for their states in the year they were born, we'd have:

1963: Jeanine would be Lisa

1964: Claire would be Lisa

1976: Tiffany would be Jennifer

1983: Ella would be Jennifer

1986: Marie would be Jessica

1995: Courtney would be Jessica

2000: Madison would be Emily

*We don't have a birth year for Elizabeth Danfield...I always kind of assumed that she and Jeff were probably born in the late 1940's/early 1950's, because Brad and Robbie were on the young side to have college-aged kids especially with their socioeconomic status. Wade's parents don't seem like they'd still be in their 30's or even their early 40's.

In any event, I think it's interesting what naming trends seem to say about their time period. Jennifer was apparently launched into the stratosphere because of the 1970 film, Love Story. You could hazard a guess that the 1970's to early 1980's dominance of Jennifer possibly could have made people more willing to branch out, because the map is pretty diverse for the 2000's (when the Jennifer Generation are in their prime child-bearing years) especially in 2007. The Addison craze was pretty funny, and so short-lived. And come on, you KNOW the domination of Isabella in 2010 has to do with Twilight.

And it's kinda funny my peers just missed the Jennifer thing, though- like, I knew a couple of Jennifers including my 1977-born sister, but it wasn't nearly as pervasive as Jessica and Ashley were. Had I been just a couple years older, like Blue's age, I probably would have known a lot more Jennifer's. The burn-out must have settled in by the mid/late 1980's.

It's also interesting how old-fashioned, traditional names like Sophia, Emma, Ava, Olivia, and Isabella make a huge comeback. Stark contrast to my generation, when Jessica and Ashley ruled. I remember my teacher once went on this rant about how awful trendy names like Tiffany, Amber, and Crystal are. LOL. I can't even imagine what she thinks about Addison and Madison, or on the boy side, Jaden, Aiden,and Cayden.

To bring it back to CAP...I really liked the Ethan name choice. It wasn't a super-popular name in 1986, but it was around. (Actors Ethan Embry and Ethan Peck spring to mind.) And then a decade later, the name gets popular, and then by the time Ethan is 20, he'll see a lot of little toddlers running around with his name. That's gotta be a trip. (I'm the reverse of that- I've only met a Jeremy younger than my peer group once, because most Jeremy's are in their 30's/40's by now.) It's like what Westie said about how these characters should have names that reflect "forward thinking"- Ethan's a name that's becoming huge at this time period, but our character will have had a 15-year head start on that.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 6 months later...

CAP TIMELINE

1903: Tonto is born.

April 1925: Jim Crampton is born.

May 27, 1925: Steven Schluter is born.

1936: Billy Schluter is born.

June 20, 1936: J.P. Crampton is born, the result of an affair between Marie Crampton and Bill Hendrickson.

December 17,1944: Steven Schluter dies in World War II.

July 14, 1945: Stefan Schluter, the son of Steven Schluter, is born.

November 12, 1945: Jeff Hayes is born.

1962-1963 School Year: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Northwestern University.

October 4, 1962: Brad Schluter is born. He is the adoptive son of Billy Schluter, and the biological son of Kevin Carmicheal.

December 1962: Andre, JP's partner, is killed in action in Vietnam.

March 6, 1963: Ace is born to Isidore, having been fathered by J.P.'s lover Andre.

March 1963: Robbie Hayes is born, the youngest of three children. He is the son of Frank and Brenda Hayes.

April 10, 1963: Billy Schulter dies at sea on USS Thresher

October 27, 1964: Clare and Billy Crampton are born. Clare is JP's biological daughter, and Billy is Jeff Hayes's biological son.

1968: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Stanford.

July 13, 1968: Jeff Hayes dies of an heroin overdose.

March 8, 1969: Marcel is born. He is the biological son of Jeff Hayes, but is raised in France.

April 24, 1980: Matt Carrswold is born. He is the biological son of Robbie Hayes, but is adopted by the Carrswolds and grows up in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

May 15, 1980: Wade Danfield is born. He becomes Matt Carrswold's boyfriend after meeting him on the hockey team at Stanford during the 1998-1999 school year.

October 19, 1980: Billy dies in a car accident on the night of a party at Escorial.

January 19, 1982: Darius Schluter is born. He is the son of Bitty Schluter and a random Iranian man, but is raised by Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine. He has one biological half-brother, JJ, and one adopted brother, Will Schluter.

July 25, 1982: Gathan Hayes is born. He was raised in Claremont, Ohio by his uncle and aunt, Wally and Clara Hayes.

February 1983: Kristin Hendrickson is born.

August 26, 1983: Ella Hayes, daughter of Richard Crampton, is born.

June 12, 1985: Zach Hayes is born.

1985: J.P.'s lover Roger, and one-time lover Sam, both die of AIDS that year.

December 7, 1985: Jeremy Schluter, aka J.J., is born. He is the biological son of Jim Crampton and Bitty Schluter, and has been raised in Malibu, CA with Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine.

February 19, 1986: Marie Crampton, aka Maman, dies of natural causes.

April 18, 1986: Marie Hobart, daughter of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

September 14, 1986: Will Schluter, son of Brad and Jeanine, is born.

July 21, 1987: John Hobart, son of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

Between 1991 to 1995: Tonto Schluter dies an old woman, warm in her bed surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren. A death we should all hope to have.

March 28, 1995: Greg, Stefan's long-time companion, dies of a heart attack.

September 4, 1995: Ace's daughter, Courtney, is born.

August 7, 1998: Robbie Hayes reunites with his long-lost son, Matt Carrswold.

September 13, 2000: Madison Graves, daughter of Jeanine Graves and Cody Warren, is born.

September 14, 2000: Riley van den Boss Danfield, son of Wade Danfield and Tiffany van den Boss is born.

September 11, 2001: Robbie Hayes, as well as Jeanine and her partner Hank, die in the Towers for 9/11. Senator Danfield dies at the Pentagon.

Zach's birthday was changed to be June 12th. See, there was lee-way with that one, because we didn't celebrate Zach's birthday before and it wasn't really mentioned- I just randomly picked a date that would have Zach in the class of 2003 and have him be 14 when we first met him in early 2000.

• 1 year later...

CAP TIMELINE

1903: Tonto is born.

April 1925: Jim Crampton is born.

May 27, 1925: Steven Schluter is born.

1936: Billy Schluter is born.

June 20, 1936: J.P. Crampton is born, the result of an affair between Marie Crampton and Bill Hendrickson.

December 17,1944: Steven Schluter dies in World War II.

July 14, 1945: Stefan Schluter, the son of Steven Schluter, is born.

November 12, 1945: Jeff Hayes is born.

1962-1963 School Year: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Northwestern University.

October 4, 1962: Brad Schluter is born. He is the adoptive son of Billy Schluter, and the biological son of Kevin Carmicheal.

December 1962: Andre, JP's partner, is killed in action in Vietnam.

March 6, 1963: Ace is born to Isidore, having been fathered by J.P.'s lover Andre.

March 1963: Robbie Hayes is born, the youngest of three children. He is the son of Frank and Brenda Hayes.

April 10, 1963: Billy Schulter dies at sea on USS Thresher

October 27, 1964: Clare and Billy Crampton are born. Clare is JP's biological daughter, and Billy is Jeff Hayes's biological son.

1968: J.P. Crampton begins teaching at Stanford.

July 13, 1968: Jeff Hayes dies of an heroin overdose.

March 8, 1969: Marcel is born. He is the biological son of Jeff Hayes, but is raised in France.

April 24, 1980: Matt Carrswold is born. He is the biological son of Robbie Hayes, but is adopted by the Carrswolds and grows up in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

May 15, 1980: Wade Danfield is born. He becomes Matt Carrswold's boyfriend after meeting him on the hockey team at Stanford during the 1998-1999 school year.

October 19, 1980: Billy dies in a car accident on the night of a party at Escorial.

January 19, 1982: Darius Schluter is born. He is the son of Bitty Schluter and a random Iranian man, but is raised by Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine. He has one biological half-brother, JJ, and one adopted brother, Will Schluter.

July 25, 1982: Gathan Hayes is born. He was raised in Claremont, Ohio by his uncle and aunt, Wally and Clara Hayes.

February 1983: Kristin Hendrickson is born.

August 26, 1983: Ella Hayes, daughter of Richard Crampton, is born.

June 12, 1985: Zach Hayes is born.

1985: J.P.'s lover Roger, and one-time lover Sam, both die of AIDS that year.

December 7, 1985: Jeremy Schluter, aka J.J., is born. He is the biological son of Jim Crampton and Bitty Schluter, and has been raised in Malibu, CA with Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine.

February 19, 1986: Marie Crampton, aka Maman, dies of natural causes.

April 18, 1986: Marie Hobart, daughter of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

September 14, 1986: Will Schluter, son of Brad and Jeanine, is born.

July 21, 1987: John Hobart, son of Jack and Clare Hobart, is born.

Between 1991 to 1995: Tonto Schluter dies an old woman, warm in her bed surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren. A death we should all hope to have.

March 28, 1995: Greg, Stefan's long-time companion, dies of a heart attack.

September 4, 1995: Ace's daughter, Courtney, is born.

August 7, 1998: Robbie Hayes reunites with his long-lost son, Matt Carrswold.

September 13, 2000: Madison Graves, daughter of Jeanine Graves and Cody Warren, is born.

September 14, 2000: Riley van den Boss Danfield, son of Wade Danfield and Tiffany van den Boss is born.

September 11, 2001: Robbie Hayes, as well as Jeanine and her partner Hank, die in the Towers for 9/11. Senator Danfield dies at the Pentagon.

March 24, 2003: Robert Edward van den Boss Carrswold is born.

We retroactively gave Robbie a birthdate. It's always been March, 1963, but we never actually saw Robbie celebrate a birthday. To pick a day, I went through the stories from Be Rad to Millennium that covered March, and tried to find a day in March that was never covered. Mark picked March 24th.

I feel tempted to edit out Gathan and Ella. Kristin can stay. LOL.

• Like 3

Mark,

While this really doesn't have much to do with the timeline, I wanted to congratulate you on completing your fifteenth novel in this series. Its a remarkable achievement, and I'm both jealous of the talent and dedication it takes, and very grateful that you have them. At the end of Streak, your word count for the C.A.P. series is around 3.5 million. By comparison, the longest novel ever published, was written between 1649 and 1653, and contains just under 2 million words, and was published in ten parts of three volumes each. Random And obscure, I know, but it is something to be proud of. Congratulations again, and thank you for sharing your wok with us!

• Like 4

Mark,

While this really doesn't have much to do with the timeline, I wanted to congratulate you on completing your fifteenth novel in this series. Its a remarkable achievement, and I'm both jealous of the talent and dedication it takes, and very grateful that you have them. At the end of Streak, your word count for the C.A.P. series is around 3.5 million. By comparison, the longest novel ever published, was written between 1649 and 1653, and contains just under 2 million words, and was published in ten parts of three volumes each. Random And obscure, I know, but it is something to be proud of. Congratulations again, and thank you for sharing your wok with us!

Thanks much!  It's a labor of love (it's been a fun story) and I also get to give Sharon a crap-load of work to do.  Bonus points!

• Like 4

And for JP's birthday on 6/20, will Mark gift him and us, the start of the 16th novel in this remarkable saga?

Thank you Mark and Team Arbour!

• 3 years later...

If Mark gets back to writing this story into 2018- today is the day we'd discover Brad's house in Malibu burned down to ashes. 

Happy Enslavement of indigenous people's day! 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiak9WT5ejeAhXGh1QKHdQ4DVYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fktla.com%2F2018%2F11%2F18%2Fwoolsey-fire-evacuation-orders-lifted-for-parts-of-malibu-colony-cove%2F&psig=AOvVaw22IKvL3raS9kw8Rz8iJijO&ust=1543003244906707

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, mmike1969 said:

If Mark gets back to writing this story into 2018- today is the day we'd discover Brad's house in Malibu burned down to ashes. 

Happy Enslavement of indigenous people's day! 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiak9WT5ejeAhXGh1QKHdQ4DVYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fktla.com%2F2018%2F11%2F18%2Fwoolsey-fire-evacuation-orders-lifted-for-parts-of-malibu-colony-cove%2F&psig=AOvVaw22IKvL3raS9kw8Rz8iJijO&ust=1543003244906707

It doesn't even really feel like anybody does anything with the Malibu house anymore. But I think that's actually kind of realistic- Darius is in college, Will lives in the SF-area house more because he attends school, and JJ's in New York City.

I would bet that it was rented out or something in 2018 before it burned down.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..