Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Cicumnvigation - Chapter 10 - Launch

• Site Administrator

ohmy.gif

I'm feeling so unloved in here. Everyone is ignoring me.

~GA runner up for most dramatic member

aleric-cry.gif

Well if you want, I can add your name with Benji's to the indictment :)

Well if you want, I can add your name with Benji's to the indictment smile.gif

Getting back on topic, sort of...what's the possibility that Trevor's mom was arrested by local authorities for drug running, either real or trumped up charges, and that rather than transfer her back to the USA where her husband was, they transferred her to Australia, as that was her natural citizenship's state. Dirk, to protect the family's assets and Trevor's potential future, filed the divorce papers to prevent the authorities from siezing the rest of their boats and assets?

Edited by kjames
  • Like 1

This is still unacceptable to the 32 million Canadian citizens. After the protest of the tens of people we have contacted the Department of Foreign Affairs (equivalent to your State Department), and are making the following demands:

Until such time Joel or CJ clarifies the comments and makes a full apology to Canada, we will proceed with treating this incident as an act of aggression against our country. Furthermore, we respectfully request that Joel does not appear in any chapters going forward wearing a speedo mad.gif . If he should appear in a future chapter in a speedo than we will take the following actions:

• File an official complaint with the United Nations.
  • Recall our Ambassador and Consul Generals from our embassy and consulates all over the US.
  • Cut off all supply of oil and natural gas to your country (just think of all the states getting the unusual blast of winter and not having any heating fuel).
  • File a warrant for the trial of C James in the world court in The Hague for his transgressions against Canada.
  • Notify our Department of National Defense and Canada Customs and Border Services of the Canada Revenue Agency to forbid the entry or exit of any US citizen to Canada.

Consider yourself on notice Mr. James.

LangSelect_FIP.png

Oh come on leave the poor Canadians alone. they freeze their bollocks off for 6 months of the year so when they get to a warm climate they have to where the budgie snugglers to make sure they get every part of the body warmed up as quickly as possible

And as to file a warrant for for the trial of C James in The Hague. Hey the Dutch are more liberal than the Canadians. Also the Canadian could always use UN resolution 1441 and invade US. You also forgot to offer them to move the monarchy to USA. As a fellow commonwealth citizen i think we could indulge them that privilege.

Edited by Ginge_4

Also the Canadian could always use UN resolution 1441 and invade US.

U.N. Resolution 1441 applies to Iraq.... Not the United States of America, and, quite frankly, The U.N. has no authority over here. I hate to say it but the U.N. has become nothing more then a doormat for the U.S. to wipe their feet on, or kick aside, in the event that the U.N. decides to get in the way of the U.S.

Edited by Linxe Termoil

Joel is simply misinformed about Canadians and their practices while visiting Florida.

Quebecers, especially Francophones, love Florida. They head there in droves during the Winter. It appears Florida residents dread this yearly onslaught for two reasons. Overweight men (from Quebec) love to wear speedos while in Florida. Not a pretty sight, regardless of the language you speak. Second, Francophones have a reputation for being poor tippers. Needless to say, there's a big service industry in Florida.

I haven't a clue as to how factual these two transgressions are. All generalizations, including stereotypes, are usually based on at least a little bit of reality. Therein lies the problem. Fat men in speedos who speak French will likely "stand out" more that a fat dude from New York or Toronto. Francophones would likely get "labelled" quicker because they have a characteristic that stands out.

Now that doesn't totally explain Joel's comment given how great he looks in a speedo. He was just looking for a smartass comeback line for Trevor.

On the prejudice or bias scale, I would have to rate Joel's remark as being pretty low. Definitely forgiveable. :boy:

As to the political actions proposed by Steve (Wildone), it's not likely we Canadians will ever get around to it. There's a minority government right now and sweet little seems to get done. Besides, we'd have to have all those committee meetings and public hearings first.

Maybe later in the story Joel will say something "nice" about Canadians and all will be forgiven. In the meantime, he should definitely continue to wear the speedos. :wub:

• Like 1

This is still unacceptable to the 32 million Canadian citizens. After the protest of the tens of people we have contacted the Department of Foreign Affairs (equivalent to your State Department), and are making the following demands:

Until such time Joel or CJ clarifies the comments and makes a full apology to Canada, we will proceed with treating this incident as an act of aggression against our country. Furthermore, we respectfully request that Joel does not appear in any chapters going forward wearing a speedo mad.gif . If he should appear in a future chapter in a speedo than we will take the following actions:

• File an official complaint with the United Nations.
  • Recall our Ambassador and Consul Generals from our embassy and consulates all over the US.
  • Cut off all supply of oil and natural gas to your country (just think of all the states getting the unusual blast of winter and not having any heating fuel).
  • File a warrant for the trial of C James in the world court in The Hague for his transgressions against Canada.
  • Notify our Department of National Defense and Canada Customs and Border Services of the Canada Revenue Agency to forbid the entry or exit of any US citizen to Canada.

Consider yourself on notice Mr. James.

LangSelect_FIP.png

Wildone! I'm shocked that you are blaming me for this! Joel said it, not me!

This would be like you being blamed for something I said!

And such threats! Shame on you!

How can you forbid poor Joel from speedo-wearing? He looks so good in them!

If I may make a small suggestion, I would advise changing this to "forbid the entry or exit of an US goats to or from Canada." There is no need to penalise the many US citizens who are not goats and therefore not a party to this event.

But, but, but! Joel said it, not me, therefor I'm blameless!

Both countries need to protect their citizens from mad goat disease.

Mad goat disease? :blink: Well, I've never claimed to be sane.

:o

I'm feeling so unloved in here. Everyone is ignoring me.

~GA runner up for most dramatic member

:,(

I very much liked "Blame Canada" so I'm not ignoring you! :P

Getting back on topic, sort of...what's the possibility that Trevor's mom was arrested by local authorities for drug running, either real or trumped up charges, and that rather than transfer her back to the USA where her husband was, they transferred her to Australia, as that was her natural citizenship's state. Dirk, to protect the family's assets and Trevor's potential future, filed the divorce papers to prevent the authorities from siezing the rest of their boats and assets?

There is very little I can say without giving spoilers, but... I can say (because it was in the narration) that it was Rachel who made the mayday call from Ares. This does not preclude your theory, though it may require a small adjustment. :)

BTW, this brings up something I've been meaning to mention: the characters can lie, but the narrator cannot.

Oh come on leave the poor Canadians alone. they freeze their bollocks off for 6 months of the year so when they get to a warm climate they have to where the budgie snugglers to make sure they get every part of the body warmed up as quickly as possible

And as to file a warrant for for the trial of C James in The Hague. Hey the Dutch are more liberal than the Canadians. Also the Canadian could always use UN resolution 1441 and invade US. You also forgot to offer them to move the monarchy to USA. As a fellow commonwealth citizen i think we could indulge them that privilege.

It was Joel, not me, who mentioned Canadians, so therefor I am blameless. 0:)

In a similar vein, it was Lisa, not me, who said, "There is no Hell. There is only France."

She didn't even say it first... it's a Frank Zappa quote. :)

Joel is simply misinformed about Canadians and their practices while visiting Florida.

Quebecers, especially Francophones, love Florida. They head there in droves during the Winter. It appears Florida residents dread this yearly onslaught for two reasons. Overweight men (from Quebec) love to wear speedos while in Florida. Not a pretty sight, regardless of the language you speak. Second, Francophones have a reputation for being poor tippers. Needless to say, there's a big service industry in Florida.

I haven't a clue as to how factual these two transgressions are. All generalizations, including stereotypes, are usually based on at least a little bit of reality. Therein lies the problem. Fat men in speedos who speak French will likely "stand out" more that a fat dude from New York or Toronto. Francophones would likely get "labelled" quicker because they have a characteristic that stands out.

Now that doesn't totally explain Joel's comment given how great he looks in a speedo. He was just looking for a smartass comeback line for Trevor.

On the prejudice or bias scale, I would have to rate Joel's remark as being pretty low. Definitely forgiveable. :boy:

As to the political actions proposed by Steve (Wildone), it's not likely we Canadians will ever get around to it. There's a minority government right now and sweet little seems to get done. Besides, we'd have to have all those committee meetings and public hearings first.

Maybe later in the story Joel will say something "nice" about Canadians and all will be forgiven. In the meantime, he should definitely continue to wear the speedos. :wub:

I can't, of course, speak for Joel, but my read on his comment was not that it was negative, merely a statement that Canadians are known for wearing speedos in Florida. He was trying to show Trevor that something utterly innocuous, such as being Canadian, is no different from being gay. :wub:

I can say that here in Arizona, we have "Snowbirds", whom we often disparage. They are winter residents, mainly from the northern US, who live here for the winter. Generally speaking, we disparage them because of a stereotype; they can't drive. Some of them are, admittedly, rotten drivers, as are some Arizona natives. The issue is that the snowbirds often drive RV's, and a dangerously driven RV tends to be scarier than a similarly driven car. Also, most snowbirds are elderly and many drive like it.

Arizonans often go to Rocky Point, Mexico, or San Diego, California, and are refereed to as "Zonies." :funny:

Thank you for standing up for Joel's freedom-of-swimsuit rights! :worship:

BTW, the next chapter is "First Leg".

• Site Administrator

I can say that here in Arizona, we have "Snowbirds", whom we often disparage. They are winter residents, mainly from the northern US, who live here for the winter. Generally speaking, we disparage them because of a stereotype; they can't drive. Some of them are, admittedly, rotten drivers, as are some Arizona natives. The issue is that the snowbirds often drive RV's, and a dangerously driven RV tends to be scarier than a similarly driven car. Also, most snowbirds are elderly and many drive like it.

Hmmm, now we have an assault on Snowbirds. When will the abuse end? Since there is no mention of Snowbirds in the text, one would have to assume that you are now stereotyping Canadians and Americans of the Northern type as being elderly bad drivers mad.gif .

Can not blame Joel or Lisa for this one, can you ? biggrin.gif

I think we have exposed, shall we say a bias, against Canadians in this story by this author innocent.gif . We will have to watch closely to see if you slip up again.

The one great thing is that we are a very forgiving nation, so based on that (and the pm's threatening me for threatening you to not let Joel wear speedos tongue.gif ), I will stop all action against you at this moment.

Be aware you are still on notice Mr. Goat. We will just let bygones be bygones for now.

I think we have exposed, shall we say a bias, against Canadians in this story by this author innocent.gif . We will have to watch closely to see if you slip up again.

You expect goats to be respecters of persons, eh? They don't even respect amphibians.

• Site Moderator

You expect goats to be respecters of persons, eh? They don't even respect amphibians.

If you notice, he tends to be afraid of us with sharp items attached to us.

{I also took care of your double post MikeL.}

• Site Administrator

If you notice, he tends to be afraid of us with sharp items attached to us.

{I also took care of your double post MikeL.}

Most Canadians have snapping beavers with them.

*wildone goes to look for a snapping beaver*

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..