Shattered Illusions by Kevin Caucher

• Site Administrator

Shattered Illusions by Kevin Caucher

When you experienced something outrageously bad and can’t find yourself back to the reality, the out-of-this-worldly love from your family might be just what you need.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

Edited by Graeme

The worst kind of betrayal leaves a wound only the dearest of love can heal. It is the trust and love of a brother in this story that I will remember. Thank you for your story Kevin.

Well.... you know what I think but I will tell you again. I love this story. It's the simplicity of the message wrapped in the complexity of the story and the richness of the lives you sketch out so beautifully. Love heals. Simple as :)

The worst kind of betrayal leaves a wound only the dearest of love can heal. It is the trust and love of a brother in this story that I will remember. Thank you for your story Kevin.

Well.... you know what I think but I will tell you again. I love this story. It's the simplicity of the message wrapped in the complexity of the story and the richness of the lives you sketch out so beautifully. Love heals. Simple as :)

This story describe the best of what a family should be. I love it

Red

:DThank you all for your kind words. I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Date rape happens, but there aren't many stories about it and the consequences, so thank you, Kevin, for raising the subject. The use of drugs in date rapes appears to be increasing, and so it's something that everyone needs to be aware of. I hate that we have to be paranoid, but if it saves someone from experiencing what happened to Vincent, then it's worth it.

I'll admit that I hadn't worked out what had happened before the reveal, but there was no doubt about what Vincent was feeling. Kevin did a great job of slowly showing his emotions and what they were doing to him. I'm just glad he had someone he could trust (and trusting someone is really hard if you've been raped) who could help him heal.

Thanks, again, Kevin, for a powerful story with a strong reminder. :worship: