Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Brad and Matt

Brad and Matt: Sex?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brad sleep with Matt

• Yes. Now.
    • No. That's incest. Gross.
    • Yes, but only if Robbie and Brad break up.
    • Yes, but only if Robbie and Brad are estranged
    • This is GA. I don't agree with any answers on polls.

• 3 months later...

I visualize Matt as a very handsome young man with a magnetism and charisma that draws people in. It's easy to obsess with someone like that.

It is easy to see when someone is attractive, but a person with a shred of decency would never see the son of his partner, the brother of his kids that way. Even if Robbie and Brad had a total blow-up, never to be together again break-up, nothing would justify or excuse hooking up with Matt.

Of course it's the wrong thing to do, but what Brad is to Matt is basically a step-father. How often do you think that a step-father sleeps with an adult step-son or step-daughter? It happens all the time. It's basically tasting the forbidden fruit. Should Brad do it? Probably not. However, it would create drama. This story is a soap opera. If the shoe fits, wear it!

I wouldn't say it happens all the time, it happen and it is creepy and sick when it does.

Well, nothing more than a kiss has happened between them thus far. The rest is just attraction. I think there are really good reasons for them to be attracted to each other, and really good reasons for them not to act on it. That being said, it's easy to look at things like this from a distance, as it were, without seeing the amazing hormonal and emotional drives that push them together.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't always act rationally in the face of raw lust.

Human beings are not animals on the Discovery Channel. We have reason that overrides base desire. There is no good reason to act on a selfish impulse that is destructive to a lot of people.

Oh no doubt about the reasons for the attraction. I'm sure Matt reminds Brad of a younger version of Robbie. And I agree that lust can override logic, usually in the heat of the moment, but this has been spread over several instances where they've had time to sit back and think. I just think Brad is proving more and more that he is a solipsist. His family only seems real to him when he can somehow use them to guilt others or justify his own feelings. I can't recall him ever thinking in this whole Matt business "hmm, how would my children feel about me, or Matt even, if we did this?" Instead, the only real deterrent to him acting on his lust is "what if I get caught?"

Matt, I can almost get acting like this. he's a teen and stupid. But I would think after everything he went through with the family, he would have more . . . I guess, respect? But even then, the impression that Bloodlines left me about his thinking, if he still spent anytime at all with the boys, he'd at least be considering how they would fit into the picture as well. Maybe I just gave them too much credit from their previous stories. :unsure:

I can not see lust overriding not just logic, but decency and responsibility. There are too many over parties to be hurt. Brad would have to be completely amoral.

I see where you're coming from. Here's my read on it. I don't think they're contemplating a huge, public affair or a relationship, I think they're contemplating a surreptitious f**k. I don't think Brad's worried about his kids, because he's pretty sure they won't find out.

In this chapter, we see him laboring to get over his anger at Robbie. The attraction of this, of f**king Matt, is not to make it a big deal for the family, because he wouldn't do that. It's partly about lust and physical joy, but it's mostly about striking back at Robbie. How can he hurt this man as bad as he's hurt him? Rational? No. But if you've been in that situation, you'll understand that it can happen.

Character is what you do when no one is looking.

I am only through Chapter 5, but I feel Brad has made zero progress in growing up or maturing. He tells Robbie it is okay to have the one month, is all calm and rational and then blows all over because he does exactly what Brad said he could. And it is all your fault Arbour, if you had put Brad in anger management therapy like I told you back in Be Rad, he might have grown up a little. :P

I also don't buy the "one kiss and he drew me into him" BS stuff or sparks flying from a handshake.

If Brad does go there, just to spite and hurt Robbie OR just to fulfill his own selfish lust, he is a waste of human space.

Not that I have strong feelings on this......

It is easy to see when someone is attractive, but a person with a shred of decency would never see the son of his partner, the brother of his kids that way. Even if Robbie and Brad had a total blow-up, never to be together again break-up, nothing would justify or excuse hooking up with Matt.

I wouldn't say it happens all the time, it happen and it is creepy and sick when it does.

Human beings are not animals on the Discovery Channel. We have reason that overrides base desire. There is no good reason to act on a selfish impulse that is destructive to a lot of people.

I can not see lust overriding not just logic, but decency and responsibility. There are too many over parties to be hurt. Brad would have to be completely amoral.

Character is what you do when no one is looking.

I am only through Chapter 5, but I feel Brad has made zero progress in growing up or maturing. He tells Robbie it is okay to have the one month, is all calm and rational and then blows all over because he does exactly what Brad said he could. And it is all your fault Arbour, if you had put Brad in anger management therapy like I told you back in Be Rad, he might have grown up a little. :P

I also don't buy the "one kiss and he drew me into him" BS stuff or sparks flying from a handshake.

If Brad does go there, just to spite and hurt Robbie OR just to fulfill his own selfish lust, he is a waste of human space.

Not that I have strong feelings on this......

You really do need to learn how to express yourself.biggrin.gif

I don't think the attraction is wrong, I think it's what he does about the attraction that becomes problematic. Or not.

• 2 months later...

Mark never seems happy to let couples alone. After everything Robbie and Brad have been through (Neal) I would hope they could live happily ever after. Not in the CAP world I guess, I believe Brad conciders Matt as his step son. It would also upset a number of relationships. Matt and Wade, Isidore and Frank, Stef and JP. I believe that it would be hard on Darius JJ and Will. That is the reason It would not happen. Above all Brad will protect his kids. I think this would only hurt them. Could it happen if Robbie and Brad broke up yes maybe. Would it happen no. It would be like Brad sleeping with Stef and JP. It would be against everything Brad believes in. As for Matt and JP Their relationship is stronger than just Robbie's son. Matt is a Hayes Jeff's family. JP sided with Matt over his own half brother (Brian). JP also believes in forgiveness. I think the ties are to close to break.

I know right?! I have a love-hate relationship with CAP because of this.

I concede that in the real world, that's how it usually is, obsessive and romantic love falls apart, and we are tempted for the new excitements. But that's the reason why I find consolation in fiction - it is where romantic love can flourish without being tainted by its transcient nature in reality. Though I don't mind all the fights and conflicts - they make the relationship stronger and more 'realistic - so as long as they get back together in the end!

You really do need to learn how to express yourself.biggrin.gif

I don't think the attraction is wrong, I think it's what he does about the attraction that becomes problematic. Or not.

I agree personally that there's nothing 'wrong' about the attraction in itself. I'll go one step further to say that I don't even think it's 'wrong' to act on that attraction. (my own opinion)

Incest or not, these are two consenting adults here. A lot of the arguments that are used against incestuous relationships were used against homosexuality - it's sad.

But I personally do not want Brad to do it just because of Robbie. But I'd of course like Robbie to get rid of his 'eww incest' mentality - I find that he is the character that suffers from a lot of conflict on what he enjoys and what society does not endorse - rape, fisting, etc. Incestuous relationships might be the next thing on his list! lol.

I agree personally that there's nothing 'wrong' about the attraction in itself. I'll go one step further to say that I don't even think it's 'wrong' to act on that attraction. (my own opinion)

Incest or not, these are two consenting adults here. A lot of the arguments that are used against incestuous relationships were used against homosexuality - it's sad.

But I personally do not want Brad to do it just because of Robbie. But I'd of course like Robbie to get rid of his 'eww incest' mentality - I find that he is the character that suffers from a lot of conflict on what he enjoys and what society does not endorse - rape, fisting, etc. Incestuous relationships might be the next thing on his list! lol.

I tried to show in later chapters (I forgot which one) that it really wasn't the incest that was what bothered Robbie, even though it was a convenient hook to hang his hat on. It was that if Brad were to get together with Matt, it would seem as if he was picking a younger version of Robbie, and that would be a tough blow for him to handle in the midst of his mid-life crisis.

I actually think of Matt as more like a younger version of Brad with a more outgoing personality, but I do think Robbie would look at Matt and see a younger version of himself. Isn't that what parents do- project themselves onto their kids?

For me, because I'm the same age as JJ and Will, I tried to think about how they'd react, and it wouldn't have been good. You're a 13-year old boy who realized that your beloved stepbrother had sex with your beloved father. It would have been very confusing and troubling for a young adolescent to deal with. If it had happened, I think it would have taken the boys a very long time to forgive Brad, and possibly they would have never forgiven Matt.

Edited by methodwriter85

I tried to show in later chapters (I forgot which one) that it really wasn't the incest that was what bothered Robbie, even though it was a convenient hook to hang his hat on. It was that if Brad were to get together with Matt, it would seem as if he was picking a younger version of Robbie, and that would be a tough blow for him to handle in the midst of his mid-life crisis.

Yeah, I know. I liked that a lot when I read it! :D

I doubt the kids would be bothered about it at all. 2 dads, a lesbian mom, brother that does not share their last name and their Uncle built a love cave next door... Yeah, normal, everyday life with this family...

You would've had a point if they had known their dads for having an open relationship, but since they've only known them as being monogamous, I can't really see how they'd brush it off if they knew.

Plus, they're 13, 14 years old. I don't think middle school creatures are the most rational. I can't see them not getting emotional over something like their stepbrother screwing their dad.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..