Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Brad and Matt

Brad and Matt: Sex?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brad sleep with Matt

• Yes. Now.
    • No. That's incest. Gross.
    • Yes, but only if Robbie and Brad break up.
    • Yes, but only if Robbie and Brad are estranged
    • This is GA. I don't agree with any answers on polls.

Right. Brad doesn't have just himself to consider anymore- he also has his kids to think about. And if it ever got out, I think it'd hurt his kids- especially JJ because JJ looks up to Matt. It doesn't matter whether or not it actually gets out- it's still not the right thing to do.

Right. Brad doesn't have just himself to consider anymore- he also has his kids to think about. And if it ever got out, I think it'd hurt his kids- especially JJ because JJ looks up to Matt. It doesn't matter whether or not it actually gets out- it's still not the right thing to do.

Interesting value judgment.

Why Is Brad so attracted to Matt? Mark made it pretty clear how attractive Matt can get in Bloodlines, but that doesn't fully explain Brad's attraction to him. Is it the whole forbidden fruit thing? Is it that Matt has the Hayes looks - Robbie's looks from his younger years in Be Rad? I never noticed this from Matt's POV during Bloodlines so this could be something fairly recent, before the Robbie asked to see other people.

Why Is Brad so attracted to Matt? Mark made it pretty clear how attractive Matt can get in Bloodlines, but that doesn't fully explain Brad's attraction to him. Is it the whole forbidden fruit thing? Is it that Matt has the Hayes looks - Robbie's looks from his younger years in Be Rad? I never noticed this from Matt's POV during Bloodlines so this could be something fairly recent, before the Robbie asked to see other people.

I visualize Matt as a very handsome young man with a magnetism and charisma that draws people in. It's easy to obsess with someone like that.

Of course it's the wrong thing to do, but what Brad is to Matt is basically a step-father. How often do you think that a step-father sleeps with an adult step-son or step-daughter? It happens all the time. It's basically tasting the forbidden fruit. Should Brad do it? Probably not. However, it would create drama. This story is a soap opera. If the shoe fits, wear it!

Iono, this whole Matt/Brad thing is starting to make me detest the characters, and up til now, the two have been my favorites of the narrators. I guess they really are nothing more than walking dicks, which is sad.

Well, nothing more than a kiss has happened between them thus far. The rest is just attraction. I think there are really good reasons for them to be attracted to each other, and really good reasons for them not to act on it. That being said, it's easy to look at things like this from a distance, as it were, without seeing the amazing hormonal and emotional drives that push them together.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't always act rationally in the face of raw lust.

Oh no doubt about the reasons for the attraction. I'm sure Matt reminds Brad of a younger version of Robbie. And I agree that lust can override logic, usually in the heat of the moment, but this has been spread over several instances where they've had time to sit back and think. I just think Brad is proving more and more that he is a solipsist. His family only seems real to him when he can somehow use them to guilt others or justify his own feelings. I can't recall him ever thinking in this whole Matt business "hmm, how would my children feel about me, or Matt even, if we did this?" Instead, the only real deterrent to him acting on his lust is "what if I get caught?"

Matt, I can almost get acting like this. he's a teen and stupid. But I would think after everything he went through with the family, he would have more . . . I guess, respect? But even then, the impression that Bloodlines left me about his thinking, if he still spent anytime at all with the boys, he'd at least be considering how they would fit into the picture as well. Maybe I just gave them too much credit from their previous stories. :unsure:

Edited by Hermetically Sealed

Oh no doubt about the reasons for the attraction. I'm sure Matt reminds Brad of a younger version of Robbie. And I agree that lust can override logic, usually in the heat of the moment, but this has been spread over several instances where they've had time to sit back and think. I just think Brad is proving more and more that he is a solipsist. His family only seems real to him when he can somehow use them to guilt others or justify his own feelings. I can't recall him ever thinking in this whole Matt business "hmm, how would my children feel about me, or Matt even, if we did this?" Instead, the only real deterrent to him acting on his lust is "what if I get caught?"

Matt, I can almost get acting like this. he's a teen and stupid. But I would think after everything he went through with the family, he would have more . . . I guess, respect? But even then, the impression that Bloodlines left me about his thinking, if he still spent anytime at all with the boys, he'd at least be considering how they would fit into the picture as well. Maybe I just gave them too much credit from their previous stories. :unsure:

I see where you're coming from. Here's my read on it. I don't think they're contemplating a huge, public affair or a relationship, I think they're contemplating a surreptitious f**k. I don't think Brad's worried about his kids, because he's pretty sure they won't find out.

In this chapter, we see him laboring to get over his anger at Robbie. The attraction of this, of f**king Matt, is not to make it a big deal for the family, because he wouldn't do that. It's partly about lust and physical joy, but it's mostly about striking back at Robbie. How can he hurt this man as bad as he's hurt him? Rational? No. But if you've been in that situation, you'll understand that it can happen.

It would way too easy for this to just play out as one encounter and then everyone moves on with their lives. This has to blow up in Brad's face someway, and its going to be really entertaining to read about. It's not uncommon for the most thought out plans to unravel once and awhile. I'm not judging them, I just think it'll be more complicated than Brad (or Matt) expects this to be. What if Matt's infatuation increases and he doesn't want to stop? He's a teen so he's horny and stupid. Why stop a good thing with someone has on such a high pedastal? Matt can just reel

Brad in with his charm and use their first f**k as blackmail if he had to.

Edited by Caedus

Yeah, but how often does that "one time only" ever really stay secret? lol And sure, in a really creepy sorta way, that would be a good way to hurt Robbie, but like I said, this isn't really a heat of the moment thing, it's a plotting thing, and consideration of the fallout should/when it gets out I would think would at least pop up once or twice in that several week period. I get the being hurt. I'm not inhuman, I have been hurt, a lot by people I love in the past. However, no matter what I have considered, or done, none of it was something that would ever come back to hurt those I cared about, just me. Now stuff i did in the heat of the moment, well, yeah, no thought went very far into that. lol

• Like 1

Brad isn't like most people. He's concerned about his feelings and his desires, not about his family, especially if he thinks he's going to get away with it. Plus Brad is still in his wronged slut mode so it's not like the family is on the top of his mine. This reminds me of the wronged GF who goes out of her way to sleep with as many of her ex's friends as possible. Nobody wins, and your reputation goes down several notches.

It almost seems inevitable now that Brad's going to do this, but I doubt he'll be able to do it in time with all his other obligations. It's not like he can do this at Escorial or Malibu and he can't sneak away to the beach house. Brad can't use Stef's plane without Stef catching wind of him going somewhere with Matt. Brad can't sneak on campus because Cole or Wade could catch them....wait a minute! Matt can't tell Wade, making it even harder for them to meet at the deadline without getting caught. How will he account for the hours(night?) they will both be M.I.A.?

Edited by Caedus

After reading this latest chapter, it almost has to happen now. I will admit it. I honestly do (believe it or not) have a few misgivings about it. This really could blow up in Brad's face. On the other side, it's just too damned hot. I've kind of wanted Brad and Matt to f**k since reading Bloodlines and that whole cock size comparison. There's definitely going to be some fireworks before and afterward in regard to this encounter. Of that I have no doubt. It's going to be really interesting to watch. Keeping it a secret is going to be next to impossible. I wonder who will catch them in the act, or if it goes beyond that and becomes something that happens more than once. I'm not sure Matt can have it just once. He's got a voracious sexual appetite, and he is great at the art of seduction. I don't think he would actually blackmail Brad though. He too has Robbie to contend with if the information gets out, and it would do just as much damage to his relationship with Robbie as it will Brad's. You just have to love a soap opera. These kinds of things are bound to happen.

You all make excellent observations. I don't think it's being well-thought-out or plotted, though. Yes, Brad's discussed it with Cody. Yes, he's thought about it. But I don't see him actively pursuing it. If it happens, I think it will still take him by surprise, and in that case, all of his best laid (LOL) plans will amount to nothing.

You all make excellent observations. I don't think it's being well-thought-out or plotted, though. Yes, Brad's discussed it with Cody. Yes, he's thought about it. But I don't see him actively pursuing it. If it happens, I think it will still take him by surprise, and in that case, all of his best laid (LOL) plans will amount to nothing.

He's been actively thinking about it ever since Matt kissed him. That kiss likely would not have happened if Brad and Robbie hadn't "separated". But still Brad maintained the "line" between him and Matt.

That line has now been crossed. I believe that in Brad's mind it's now in the realm of possibility. The "probability" factor has gone over 50% for sure. Matt's probability factor is definitely at 100%.

Matt's no longer just saying he's been lusting after Brad. He's telling Brad that he needs this. He's saying his relationship with Wade is suffering over this and Brad's the only person who can fix it. Matt's definitely being manipulative here. He sees Robbie and Brad beginning to repair their relationship. So I see Matt being in a "now or never" stae of mind. Personnally, I think Matt is all about hormones. I still love him though.

Cody's advice is what may well push Brad over whatever "threshold" he's trying to hang on to.

Personnally. I think the "temptation" factor is approaching an overwhelming level for Brad.

What I would like to see, though, is Brad making a concious decision for himself - yes or no. None of this "I was a victim" of the situation bullshit.

If Brad ends up doing Matt for the purpose of hurting Robbie, he'll have to pay dearly.

In the final analysis, though, it's not going to happer because Sharon has already told Mark, "No!" :lol:

Long ago Mark killed off Jeff Hayes. Rebellion was rampent then. This is my 100th post and maybe my last I am not sure I could continue reading if this happens. Mark your stories have bought me great joy over the years. This could cause my great sadness which honestly I don't need. You are a great writer, the saga is beyond good. I wait for the next chapter to post and check for it twice a day. Over the years I have seen this ( people's lives ruined over lust ) happen to too many people. I am sorry but this is how I feel. Hopefully not good bye, Bob

Dude, really?! I don't really like the idea of them sleeping together, but if it happens that doesn't mean you should stop reading. This could irrevocably shift a lot of relationships in this story, just like Jeff's death. Besides Brad and Robbie were never set in stone.

If he got caught, I wonder if it's bad enough that he would lose some of his standing in the family? We don't even know for sure if Mark will actually do it!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..