Rutger freshman's suicide

Here's a touching comment from a blog:

I'm a 45 year old father of four and my oldest daughter is 22 and gay. She was raised Catholic and attended Mass every week, her mother and I never knew of her attractions to same sex because our daughter kept herself busy with school, sports, music that we just thought she didn't have time for a relationship of any sorts. She came out during her Junior year of high school like it was no big deal, here it is "surprise"! It affected her mother more than myself, but I did say a few things that I will regret for the rest of my life. Later when we were alone I asked her how she knew she was gay and being the intelligent person that she is she replied "Well dad, when did you realize you weren't gay"? I told her "I never had to make that decision I just wasn't attracted to the same sex" she laughed and said "Well dad I never decided to to be gay I've just never been attracted to the opposite sex". With that single statement I now understood my daughter and was able to cope with her sexuality. All you parents with young kids, some of which will be gay I hope and pray you can see that in most cases it is not a decision to be gay or straight, don't make it harder on your child than it already is. This poor boy probably struggled with this his whole life and fell victim to a shame that was unwarranted and projected by a couple of morons with a webcam who's parents obviously never taught them that just because something is different doesn't necessarily make it wrong it just makes it different. The religious zealots that shout damnations upon the sinners have never truly heard of felt the word of God..ignore them. There is no greater heart or kinder spirit than that which dwells in my daughter, she is an incredible person who continues to make me proud to be her father! I will pray for this boy and his family that they can embrace his memory and love him for what he was. I will also pray for the two morons that they too can find peace and be forgiven for their actions.

What a wonderful, caring, loving father. I salute him. If only there were more like him

and you wouldn't think it would be hard to be like that. After all, what he has done is accepted his own child for what she is. How hard is that?

Out of pure love ... not that hard

What life adds in terms of complications ... a little delay ... then he came to his senses.

Just happy that some good came out this situation.

and you wouldn't think it would be hard to be like that. After all, what he has done is accepted his own child for what she is. How hard is that?