Amusing stories in GA, based on reality

There are loads of good stories on GA, most dealing with adolescent or young adult relationships, which is natural, because the way we work through the difficulties of coming out and finding a partner, defines our lives, and we've all been through it.

I also like Sci-Fi/Fantasy tales, and sexy young guys with super powers, vampires etc... although sometimes they do take a heck of a long time to get further than lusting… not daring to declare their love.

My favourite stories, though, are those based on reality, in which people are not mind-bogglingly beautiful with long black hair framing a \perfect face from which ice blue eyes gleam forth to stun all comers. Where all the heroes' bodies are gym toned to perfection and their penises are large andspring to attention at the flicker of an eyelash.

Some of the best examples of stories I've read recently that are solidly grounded in reality, are by Sendraguy. "Malcolm and the Rent Boy" made me laugh till I cried, "Kris KartonMD" is as hilarious, although slightly darker. And sendraguy's current tale, "Marc Jesmond" takes very ordinary people, puts them in extraordinary situations and makes us care about them. Not so much humour in this… a dark tale with, like the others, a strong underlying theme of social responsibility and brilliant observation of character. The plots rattle along at a fine pace and there's no boredom possible.

I heartily recommend them.

Malcolm and the Rent Boy: http://www.gayauthor...ry.php?sid=1519

Kris Karton MD: http://www.gayauthor...ry.php?sid=1575

My favourite stories, though, are those based on reality

You know in reality there are beautiful guys as well. I guess you are talking about the odds. If you think of it that way, most people are just normal-looking and they have normal lives. A drama story is a story with extraordinary characters, or extraordinary situations (including normal situations that are sort of taboos), or both. Often, ordinary people make ordinary situations extraordinary, and that in turn makes them extraordinary. Then, through time, extraordinary situations will eventually look ordinary. My point is that we see partial reality more often than not, and that affects our judgment on what ordinary things are.

I agree, though, that Sandraguy is awesome. I check the site every day to see whether a new chappie of Marc Jesmond is posted lol. I think Sandraguy has a dark sense of humour, 'n really nails human nature. Thats a rare talent. :)

• Like 1