if it's good for you why am i in pain?

It's been a while since I belonged to a health club but I joined one this week.

Working out is supposed to be good for you but I feel like I've been beaten?

Ow, ow, ow, ow! My pecs feel like a big fat guy has been walking on them with cletes.

Any suggestions for how to get rid of the soreness?

Take a really, really hot bath. Stretch out your muscles before and after you work out. Immediately after you stretch after a workout, put ice on the muscles that you worked the hardest. This is what I did when I first started running. It helps.

-psychic psychopath

No pain, no gain! You have to work out consistently to keep the muscles used to it. Also don't overdo it when you first start working out. I did that once and my biceps swelled and I couldn't move my arms at the elbow. I couldn't straighten out my arm or bend it all the way to touch my shoulder. Stretching before and after is a must also. Keep up the good work!

As other have mentioned, stretch before and after.

Make sure you don't dehydrate.

Ensure you have enough calcium in your diet, because the bones support muscle and fat, working out puts stress on them so they can cause problems if they're lacking calcium.

Try and eat as healthily as possible, since your body will feel better for it.

A suppliment with magnesium and zinc will help the body gain muscle mass, and also ramp up your sex drive ;):P

A hot bath/shower with a body wash/soap that has a nice aroma will help refresh you, plus working it into the muscles is a good massage and enables you to do two things at once.

If none of that works then your clearly doing to much :P

Thanks for the tips guys.

There is a whirlpool at the gym, tomorrow I'm going to submerge.

For now, it's motrim.

A suppliment with magnesium and zinc will help the body gain muscle mass, and also ramp up your sex drive

I'm not sure that's a good idea. The eye candy at the gym is going that just fine.

Thanks for the tips guys.

There is a whirlpool at the gym, tomorrow I'm going to submerge.

For now, it's motrim.

A suppliment with magnesium and zinc will help the body gain muscle mass, and also ramp up your sex drive

I'm not sure that's a good idea. The eye candy at the gym is going that just fine.

James,

Whooo Hooo!!! If you are hurtin' that means its a workin'!

Usually, the pain comes to the muscles two days after you work out that muscle group. If you are hurting now, you'll probably be hurting worse in the coming days :( .

As others have mention, as you work out more consistently, you won't hurt as much.

Since I work out regularly, I don't usually get muscle aches. The only time it happens now is when I skip a couple days (or more). The first workout usually brings about the pain (and some say delight :great: ).

Keep up the good work!

Vic

Usually, the pain comes to the muscles two days after you work out that muscle group. If you are hurting now, you'll probably be hurting worse in the coming days :( .

Oh you are full of good news Vic.

Oh well, for monster Pecs, it's worth it.

Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!

beefcake.jpg