Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 60: Carnarvon

Chapter 60, Carnarvon, is up...

BTW, I belatedly answered in the other thread a few minutes ago, but I should here as well; there was a question about the timeslines of the various threads. Basically, they are all running in the same timeframe, so they are happening in sync. There are some minor exceptions (less than 24 hours) to allow for time zones, but that's it. :)

awwwwww that just feels too short for the chapter. :D

Good chapter CJ. Anxiously awaiting the next installment. You got me hooked on a sailing story. LoL I'll admit it im hooked.

When you first posted I figured I wouldn't be interested in the story. I should have known better.

:ph34r:

Cool its great he's rescued but gosh they don't have much of petty cash to provide for a meal or back room to sleep or even take Trevor to their house and let him sleep.

No fruit was given to him yet

They just let him sleep on the boat. He still needs to secure his gun and his important papers and cash.

Hey they didn't ask about firearms

I think he does have over 10K ... they didn't think about contacting relatives ... well Monday morning will be a busy day.

Their bound to notice a stranger

So far on this island there still is no sign of a gay man for Trevor.

If he found one would Trevor stay in Australia?

and run a his boat business there?

• Like 1

Cool its great he's rescued but gosh they don't have much of petty cash to provide for a meal or back room to sleep or even take Trevor to their house and let him sleep.

They just let him sleep on the boat. He still needs to secure his gun and his important papers and cash.

I think he does have over 10K ... they didn't think about contacting relatives ... well Monday morning will be a busy day.

B).................. I think Trevor is in his mom's home town already, by tomorrow, they will be paying him a visit, will his mom continue to stay hidden?. I wonder if Trevor will see a familiar catamaran docked up close by? Which one of the pirates will start talking, will it be the hospitalized one? Seeing that he was cheated in his share of money? I would have thought Trevor would just get a new boat, but I guess the Atlantis means to much to him, so he is going to repair it. I wonder if the police in Seychelles will confiscate all of Trevor's possessions and arrange to have it shipped to him? Will the insurance company cover the garlic press? I wonder how much trust Dirk will have in meeting up with Gonzales. Great chapter CJ, the next chapter should be very revealing!!

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

B).................. I think Trevor is in his mom's home town already, by tomorrow, they will be paying him a visit. I wonder if he will see a familiar catamaran docked up

Thats lucky or just so happen to land there ... did she land there like trevor?

Those guys did not mention any other cats around ... hey is Trevor ready for a step-dad? could it be one of the customs guys?

is there a risk for dirk and jim of getting shot ... the worst case will Trevor be parentless and not find out the truth?

Benji, you've pointed out something to me that I hadn't thought of. Unfortunately, I can't comment further since I'm a few chapters ahead.

B)............The garlic press? (hahahhaha) I'm sure it wasn't that one.

• Site Administrator

thanks for the chapter cj :D

i'm still really curious about what the statue of limitations is about with racheal and the ares. hopefully the story line proceeds quicker than us waiting for 3 weeks to find out what dirk and jim are hiding.

it will also be interesting on what the pirates know, after all ali wasn't the type to share his ideas and plans with his crew especially after he was convinced they were all out for him and his boat.

i'm surprised that trevor revealed that he had a secret compartment. when he climbed aboard the atlantis he didn't go to hide the gun or close the compartment. could the gun be found in the morning if one of the customs guys come aboard to wake trev up?

i'm still with robbie on would an insurance money be willing to pay out probably more than the worth of a boat in repairs even if he had comprehensive insurance that he mentioned. i would think they would be will to go to court to fight that one.

hey, that brought up another thing, in a lot of countries, if you are accused and convicted of insurance fraud, all your current policies are null and void due to the fraud. could trev actually lose his insurance if the whole ares thing is exposed and it involved insurance money?

Loved this chapter. So good to see the customs guys as they really are... Here in oz they are sometimes demonized but they do a fantastic job dealing with the longest coastline in the world (for one country). Carnarvon is a great town and Trevor will enjoy it!

Great chapter CJ.

The title to the boat is in Trevor's name and so isn't the insurance. Trevor has no knowledge of insurance fraud so he can't be guilty of anything and the insurance has to pay. I assume the insurance is capped at some point and is not unlimited to total replacement.

I guess the boat is registered in Dirk's name so that is why the Constable came up with him and not Trevor when investigating the EPIRB.

I hope Trevor borrowed a couple of blankets to sleep on.

Bank, buy clothes, talk to boat yard, call Joel & Lisa to tell him he is OK. Will Joel & Lisa be at their special spot?

Two potentials...

One - the repair shop guy will mention "Oh - this looks a lot like another catamaran we got around here - Rachel's Ares"...

And... well... I could see the cute paramedic feeling distraught over having blabbed and possibly gotten Trevor in danger that he offers to... you know - put Trevor up at his place for a while... :wub:

0:)

awwwwww that just feels too short for the chapter. :D

Good chapter CJ. Anxiously awaiting the next installment. You got me hooked on a sailing story. LoL I'll admit it im hooked.

When you first posted I figured I wouldn't be interested in the story. I should have known better.

:ph34r:

Thanks!!

It is a bit of an unusual subject. :) I was worried that it wouldn't go over too well, which is why I resolved to make it a short novel, 15 to 20 chapters. And, umm, I might have been just a tad off on that estimate. :ph34r:

They did try to set him up in a motel, but he doesn't want to leave Atlantis. :)

As the son of an Australian, Trevor does have a right to birthright citizenship in OZ, so he would stay if he wanted.

They'll ask him more question in the morning... they know he's exhausted.

He's sure in a perfect place to run a charter boat biz... Shark Bay in the main center for that in Western Australia. :)

B).................. I think Trevor is in his mom's home town already, by tomorrow, they will be paying him a visit, will his mom continue to stay hidden?. I wonder if Trevor will see a familiar catamaran docked up close by? Which one of the pirates will start talking, will it be the hospitalized one? Seeing that he was cheated in his share of money? I would have thought Trevor would just get a new boat, but I guess the Atlantis means to much to him, so he is going to repair it. I wonder if the police in Seychelles will confiscate all of Trevor's possessions and arrange to have it shipped to him? Will the insurance company cover the garlic press? I wonder how much trust Dirk will have in meeting up with Gonzales. Great chapter CJ, the next chapter should be very revealing!!

If Trevor doesn't get some new shorts soon, it will indeed be revealing. :lmao:

I'm not at all sure whether they would cover the garlic press... They would cover the damage Trevor did to Atlantis when he used the paneling and flooring for sails (a needed action to save the boat and himself) and they would cover stuff he had to throw overboard to lighten the boat, but... I'm not exactly sure how they'd deal with that garlic press, because Trevor left it on the drifting log... Hrmmm... On the other hand, I have a hunch Trevor is not exaclty eagar to be reunited with a garlic press. :read:

thanks for the chapter cj :D

i'm still really curious about what the statue of limitations is about with racheal and the ares. hopefully the story line proceeds quicker than us waiting for 3 weeks to find out what dirk and jim are hiding.

it will also be interesting on what the pirates know, after all ali wasn't the type to share his ideas and plans with his crew especially after he was convinced they were all out for him and his boat.

i'm surprised that trevor revealed that he had a secret compartment. when he climbed aboard the atlantis he didn't go to hide the gun or close the compartment. could the gun be found in the morning if one of the customs guys come aboard to wake trev up?

i'm still with robbie on would an insurance money be willing to pay out probably more than the worth of a boat in repairs even if he had comprehensive insurance that he mentioned. i would think they would be will to go to court to fight that one.

hey, that brought up another thing, in a lot of countries, if you are accused and convicted of insurance fraud, all your current policies are null and void due to the fraud. could trev actually lose his insurance if the whole ares thing is exposed and it involved insurance money?

Yep, the gun could be found, he hasn't hid it yet. He'd have had to open his stash spot in total darkness. So, if they go aboard in the morning, it depends if it's still covered or not. :)

The insurance would not be willing to pay out more than Atlantis is worth; she's only covered for that much, so that's the maximum they'd pay. It's like a car; they'd total it out and cut him a check. Trevor would have the option of paying the difference himself, though...

The question is, is it going to cost more than Atlantis is worth? We don't know (and neither does Trevor). Rest assured it's in the hundreds of thousands, though.

And good point on the insurance. Trevor would be safe on the insurance; the statute of limitations for any insurance fraud related to Ares is long past. So, no possibility of any convictions on that. :)

Loved this chapter. So good to see the customs guys as they really are... Here in oz they are sometimes demonized but they do a fantastic job dealing with the longest coastline in the world (for one country). Carnarvon is a great town and Trevor will enjoy it!

Thanks!

Yep, those two are good guys... Touch but fair, and eager to help. :) They will be recurring characters for a while, too. :)

Great chapter CJ.

The title to the boat is in Trevor's name and so isn't the insurance. Trevor has no knowledge of insurance fraud so he can't be guilty of anything and the insurance has to pay. I assume the insurance is capped at some point and is not unlimited to total replacement.

I guess the boat is registered in Dirk's name so that is why the Constable came up with him and not Trevor when investigating the EPIRB.

I hope Trevor borrowed a couple of blankets to sleep on.

Bank, buy clothes, talk to boat yard, call Joel & Lisa to tell him he is OK. Will Joel & Lisa be at their special spot?

Thanks!

Atlantis is registered in Trevor's name, and has been ever since he was a toddler. The EPIRBS, however, were registered to Dirk. He owns a chandlary that sells them, so he just filled in the registration cards with his name and phone number. Generally, they need to be registered with the Coast Guard.

The insurance is capped at the value of the boat. If the damage is more than that, they'll want to total it out and cut Trevor a check. :)

Two potentials...

One - the repair shop guy will mention "Oh - this looks a lot like another catamaran we got around here - Rachel's Ares"...

And... well... I could see the cute paramedic feeling distraught over having blabbed and possibly gotten Trevor in danger that he offers to... you know - put Trevor up at his place for a while... :wub:

0:)

I don't think Trevor would mind that last one, not one bit. :)

The next chapter is "Stranger in a Strange Land".

I have a strong feeling of what will happen, given what CJ just said, hints from the prologue, and as-yet confidential information... I had a feeling the moment he missed Reunion.

Whether or not any of it is bad depends, I think, on whether or not the Cartel wants to finish the job, given that Trevor will have international notoriety once they find out they failed... again.

Well with the flooding in Australian is cause me to look up wind patterns ... so does it make sense Trevor boat to make land fall

wrspr_9.gif

wrspr_3.gif

The wind along the north west coast of australia is basically a south east trade wind (from the southeast) This is the wind that was likely to push Atlantis out back into the Indian ocean. BUT in addition to that, there is a local wind, a thermal wind which is cause by the Australian desert. This blows from the sea into the desert. This is know as the Fremantle Doctor in Perth and blows from three o'clock arising from nothing. Carnavon is in the middle of the desert, and the wind is stronger and occurs earlier. When I saw CJ chapter, it was in November and I started to monitor the wind from a local web site, and the wind did behave exactly as described, with the wind going from the south until mid morning then increasing suddenly, and veering round to come from the west.

For completeness I should mention that it occurs around most of the coast of Australia, in the spring and summer, where the basic wind is modified by wind off the cold sea, is blown in to the hot continental low over the desert, that it starts from 10 o'clock and lasts until one hour after dusk and that there is a corresponding wind in the opposite wind. It is not unique to Australia but occurs in the states, the prime example being the Columbia Gorge, where it start at 10 every day in summer. (In realty it blew for 20 days out of 20 when I was on Holiday there)

The wind along the north west coast of australia is basically a south east trade wind (from the southeast) This is the wind that was likely to push Atlantis out back into the Indian ocean. BUT in addition to that, there is a local wind, a thermal wind which is cause by the Australian desert. This blows from the sea into the desert. This is know as the Fremantle Doctor in Perth and blows from three o'clock arising from nothing. Carnavon is in the middle of the desert, and the wind is stronger and occurs earlier. When I saw CJ chapter, it was in November and I started to monitor the wind from a local web site, and the wind did behave exactly as described, with the wind going from the south until mid morning then increasing suddenly, and veering round to come from the west.

For completeness I should mention that it occurs around most of the coast of Australia, in the spring and summer, where the basic wind is modified by wind off the cold sea, is blown in to the hot continental low over the desert, that it starts from 10 o'clock and lasts until one hour after dusk and that there is a corresponding wind in the opposite wind. It is not unique to Australia but occurs in the states, the prime example being the Columbia Gorge, where it start at 10 every day in summer. (In realty it blew for 20 days out of 20 when I was on Holiday there)

Thanks Red_a .... It helped me understand the diagram ... I wonder how it feels to be at the edge of sahara in july ... knowing the winds are blowing sand to the americas and sending a hurricane to there.

Does anything of sort happen in austrailia?

I hear weird things that storms come out of china and send it to fillipines or was that the other way around??

Thanks Red_a .... It helped me understand the diagram ... I wonder how it feels to be at the edge of sahara in july ... knowing the winds are blowing sand to the americas and sending a hurricane to there.

I hear weird things that storms come out of china and send it to fillipines or was that the other way around??

I wonder how it feels to be at the edge of sahara in july

The cool thermal winds of the day and the warm thermal winds of the night are local winds and although may be quite strong on the coast , disappear as you go out to sea, so that they are non existent when you are in the Canary islands. The dust which comes from the Sahara is lifted into the higher atmosphere by a local storm (depression). This is then blown by global winds (I am told on average once a month) to the Canary Islands. And occasionally beyond to North America. The local people would be totally unaware of the dust, but welcome or detest the local wind if a gentle one or a harsh strong one.

sending a hurricane to there (north Atlantic tropical cyclones)

Exactly how a hurricaine is formed is not known. However it is known that they form as tropical depressions over the extremely warm water around the Cape Verde Islands and move west across the extremely warm waters and build in strength.

Australia suffers from Tropical cyclones and tornadoes just as the United states but they are not as strong or as frequent. In general tropical cyclones cross the coast as tropical storm strength and not as hurricaine strength.

Tropical Cyclones pathes and strengths

China and the Philippines have the same weather as the eastern United states and the Caribbean., only worst. It is said that the worst place for tropical cyclones and tornadoes is the Philippines. And in general all the weird things that happen in the States and Caribbean occur in China and the South China Sea but stronger.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..