[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

Dunno, that happens with bipolar disorder too (I've been researching it for a character I'm writing). Lots of mood swings and at the height of the manic stage they start hallucinating.

It could be that!

Also there's lots of medical conditions (I learned while watching House - cuz, you know, TV always tells it right) that cause hallucinations. The House team always has that one disease that they give a shout out every single episode. For now I can't think of it, but so far it's caused everything from hallucinations to bleeding lol. (always cracks me up).Posted Image

I haven't followed House in a long time... hell I didn't even remember if it's still on Fox (cuz they keep cancelling decent Fox shows...) The only reason why I even thought of House was cuz one of my co workers showed up loopy from taking hydrocodone lol...

devious lil sh-oops

:o! Just for that, the next chapter will be delayed.

Dunno, that happens with bipolar disorder too (I've been researching it for a character I'm writing).

Writing, Chey? When will you be sharing? :D

:o! Just for that, the next chapter will be delayed.

Posted Image HEY! Don't punish us *hmph* for that. No delays! Posted Image

Writing, Chey? When will you be sharing? :D

LOL when I'm finished. I can't put up WIP. It's just a quirk of mine lol. I'm writing three stories actually. One completed and needs to be edited more. One halfway completed and needs a beta, and one in its first chapter.

I'm weird that way.

Posted Image HEY! Don't punish us *hmph* for that. No delays! Posted Image

Okay so maybe that was just an excuse. I wrote a short story for the anthology and got behind.

LOL when I'm finished. I can't put up WIP. It's just a quirk of mine lol. I'm writing three stories actually. One completed and needs to be edited more. One halfway completed and needs a beta, and one in its first chapter.

I'm weird that way.

Can't wait to see :)

• 2 weeks later...

Weeee :D I'm starting to re-like Jared <3

Awww, Connor, my baby-boy, finally he stood up to an a-hole likes Michael :'D

And in such an eloquent way =3 I'm feeling like a proud Mommy *wipes away tear*

From now on, things can only get better!

And I love Becca :) I wish she was my friends <3

I'm no medical professional, but it sounds like Ronny has schizophrenia. She has incoherent babbling, and delusional fears of people out to get here. It also tends to come out in people in their late teens, and early twenties, aka the college years. Just a guess. Also, love how Connor is truly improving in himself. :) Great chapter!

I am pretty sure she has schizophrenia or rather the earlier form (schizophreniform disorder, which is <6 months).

She has auditory hallucinations (hearing voices), bizarre dilusions (they made Jared gay to get to her etc) and of course...the speech disorder. The age range is about right as well. And yes, I do have a background in medical studies.

• Like 1

This was a good chapter but it raised some hackles on my back. Jared needs to get over his guilt and fast because this whole visit Ronnie every day is not kosher! Also yellow roses? I know those mean jealousy, but they can also mean friendship. I wonder if there was an intentional purpose behind the color? =) (Methinks yes)

• Like 1

Veronica must die XD jk

Great chapter Sara! I love seeing Connor so confident and Jared being a little insecure ;p

Lol. :D Thanks Anya

Weeee :D I'm starting to re-like Jared <3

Awww, Connor, my baby-boy, finally he stood up to an a-hole likes Michael :'D

And in such an eloquent way =3 I'm feeling like a proud Mommy *wipes away tear*

From now on, things can only get better!

And I love Becca :) I wish she was my friends <3

Everybody loves Rebecca. Had no idea how popular she'd be!

Yep, Connor is getting some cajones : P

I am pretty sure she has schizophrenia or rather the earlier form (schizophreniform disorder, which is <6 months).

She has auditory hallucinations (hearing voices), bizarre dilusions (they made Jared gay to get to her etc) and of course...the speech disorder. The age range is about right as well. And yes, I do have a background in medical studies.

Is there a "lips are sealed" smiley? :P

This was a good chapter but it raised some hackles on my back. Jared needs to get over his guilt and fast because this whole visit Ronnie every day is not kosher! Also yellow roses? I know those mean jealousy, but they can also mean friendship. I wonder if there was an intentional purpose behind the color? =) (Methinks yes)

I was always told yellow roses were for friendship-- Jared thinks that, too, as I mentioned in a little scene a while back :)

Lol, not kosher :P

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Sara, you saw what my new favorite quote is, right? Good... because it gave me the same reaction in X-Men First Class when they tried to recruit Wolverine... (I won't repeat the line) - Reaction: Bawling Laughter.

• Like 1

Sara, you saw what my new favorite quote is, right? Good... because it gave me the same reaction in X-Men First Class when they tried to recruit Wolverine... (I won't repeat the line) - Reaction: Bawling Laughter.

Good, that's what I was goin' for :P.

Haven't seen the movie yet, guess I'll have to get on that.

Wait, getting near the end? :( I think this story was just gonna go on and on....oh well, all good things must come to an end sometime.

And we'll just get on her to start a new story =D *snicker*

LIKE RIGHT NOW! Er. no. Not now, now. Like when SS is done. That kinda now.

Wait, getting near the end? :( I think this story was just gonna go on and on....oh well, all good things must come to an end sometime.

I know, it's gonna be tough for me too ...

And we'll just get on her to start a new story =D *snicker*

LIKE RIGHT NOW! Er. no. Not now, now. Like when SS is done. That kinda now.

well I did write a short story for the antho . . . Dare . . . but I know you mean a long one :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hah! I get at least one cookie cause I guessed when she first got hospitalized! :D And damnit, I wanted to hear Mr. Big Hunky Manly Jock tell the sensitive, nice, introverted violinist he loved him. :(

I LOVE YOU SHMOVE YOU! *FUME* Cliffhanger... GAH. She is EVIL, our little author, pure plain evil! Posted Image

• Like 1

Hah! I get at least one cookie cause I guessed when she first got hospitalized! :D And damnit, I wanted to hear Mr. Big Hunky Manly Jock tell the sensitive, nice, introverted violinist he loved him. :(

Posted Image There ya go :)

I LOVE YOU SHMOVE YOU! *FUME* Cliffhanger... GAH. She is EVIL, our little author, pure plain evil! Posted Image

Aw, c'mon. You say you want sugar and spice and everything nice, but wouldn't that make a boring story? :P

Aww man...so close!! xD Great chapter Sara!

:D Thanks!

LOL that was evil. I was like yes... yes... noooo!!! Great chapter!

Haha yeah I know XD Sorry, and thanks for reading! :)

I can't wait for the next chapter, Sara. We're all cheering for J...wait I'm totally cheering for Connor first... but yeah Jared too. XD

Aw, you can cheer for them both :):music:

Who is Mrs B? Again, another awesome chapter and I want some of the brownies shes holding.

Heh, I knew with the chapter posting schedule people would have forgotten Jared's last name . . . even I forgot what I'd picked once and had to go back and find it! But I did mention Connor's last name is Owens again in this one, and I was hoping the "tall dark curly hair" thing would give it away :P

In other news, I believe you get one of these :Posted Image

I must say, when I saw your post the other day . . . when you pointed out all the symptoms I'd written into the story, I was like "yay, it makes sense to people!"

Although I have good reason for knowing it's realistic, it's nice to receive confirmation.