[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

EPILOGUE WOOT. And the music comparison was my favorite part of the whole story actually. I loved the beauty of passion in the rise and fall of a symphony. So gorgeous =).

• Like 1

Leave it to Connor to compare musical terms with sex. :P But seriously, thanks for an awesome story that I was lucky enough to stumble upon. :)

Well yeah he is a music nerd after all. And thank you-- I'm lucky to have 'caught' a reader who reviews regularly-- you inspire me to keep writing!

EPILOGUE WOOT. And the music comparison was my favorite part of the whole story actually. I loved the beauty of passion in the rise and fall of a symphony. So gorgeous =).

Yay :D Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

if you need a beta / editor, i would enjoy playing that role for you. i used to do some proofreading / editing for a publisher here in michigan, and since coming to this site, i've been looking for an opportunity to help. i can give you a fairly quick turnaround time, i think, cuz i'm only working part-time and all my children have grown & don't live locally, so ... i have lots of time on my hands (well, less now, cuz i got a kindle and have downloaded so many stories from this site !!).

i have a master's degree, used to teach, and still help some college students with their papers (they write, send to me for a "look-see" & the opinion of a 2nd pair of eyes, i suggest & email back to them).

also, after reading social skills before it was done, decided i'm gonna wait for the status of stories to move from WIP to complete before i start -- i'm impatient like that and like the flow of "start-to-finish" reading. Social Skills was my first read on the site & loved it (well, duh!!)

Tim

Posted Image HEY! Don't punish us *hmph* for that. No delays! Posted Image

LOL when I'm finished. I can't put up WIP. It's just a quirk of mine lol. I'm writing three stories actually. One completed and needs to be edited more. One halfway completed and needs a beta, and one in its first chapter.

I'm weird that way.

• Like 1

if you need a beta / editor, i would enjoy playing that role for you.

I shall message you =).

And I know what you mean about completed works. I only started social skills because she said she had it mapped out with an ending. Normally I avoid WIPs like they're rats with black pustules. And I think once you start reading SS you can't stop. Connor's too amazing, Jared's too sexy, Rebecca's too awesome. Hah.

Sometimes, though, I prefer the wait to read chapters. I just get really emotionally devastated and need a break. I don't mind it so much then. It's also easier to forget plot holes haha.

• Like 1

Also, after reading social skills before it was done, decided i'm gonna wait for the status of stories to move from WIP to complete before i start -- i'm impatient like that and like the flow of "start-to-finish" reading. Social Skills was my first read on the site & loved it (well, duh!!)

Tim

Sigh . . . so I won't hear from you for months. Ah well, I do get where you're coming from :P

I shall message you =).

And I know what you mean about completed works. I only started social skills because she said she had it mapped out with an ending. Normally I avoid WIPs like they're rats with black pustules. And I think once you start reading SS you can't stop. Connor's too amazing, Jared's too sexy, Rebecca's too awesome. Hah.

Sometimes, though, I prefer the wait to read chapters. I just get really emotionally devastated and need a break. I don't mind it so much then. It's also easier to forget plot holes haha.

LOL. Glad you liked the characters enough to put up with it . . . and that you trusted my promise of an ending :P

This has been a wonderful story; the author should be proud of an achievement such as this. I loved both the main characters. Well done!

Thank you! :)

Seconded.

:hug: Thanks Matt

that is fantastic!

i had wondered what you envisioned connor & jared to look like -- but then i know how you often let the reader decide in their mind how this or that would be, so you might say, "whatever you imagine them to look like", even if you found images on the web that pictured them as closely as possible in your mind.

but this is a subtle way (just like you write) of showing them hand in hand without giving too much away.

and yes, this is a way-cool pic, capturing just the right amount, IMHO.

Look what Cailen made! Isn't it super cool??

Posted Image

that is fantastic!

i had wondered what you envisioned connor & jared to look like -- but then i know how you often let the reader decide in their mind how this or that would be, so you might say, "whatever you imagine them to look like", even if you found images on the web that pictured them as closely as possible in your mind.

but this is a subtle way (just like you write) of showing them hand in hand without giving too much away.

What he said... lol and Cailen blesses us with another one of his wonderful images again... wished he'd put his energy on writing the 16k words that he had put into writing Book 2... *ahem* (no pressure)

that is fantastic!

Oh, I dunno :P Some people tried to supply possible pics of the characters earlier in the thread, and I could definitely tell you which ones they did NOT look like :P But yeah I guess once the reader has imagined them one way, I wouldn't want to change it.

I can remember reading books in a series as a child, and one day picking up a copy with different cover art that featured a picture of a main character . . . and I'd get quite upset when it didn't match the picture in my head . . . extra mad if it didn't even match the descriptors in the book, which does happen, believe it or not.

Anyways, Calien did an amazing job...I really feel like he captured parts of the story in a subtle way, just as you said.

i know what you mean about not meeting expectations. i had the chance to read all the books in the narnian chronicles to my 4 kids at bedtime -- i was glad i could do it before the movies started coming out. seeing them lying on their beds, staring at the ceiling and imagining everything in those stories is one of my (and their) favorite parts of their childhood years.

as for you, thanks for writing descriptively enough that imaginations come into play. ;-) you write so well, i don't just imagine what they must be doing, but i often feel i'm in the setting with them.

i hope by now your muse has thoroughly chastised you & you've decided to add many, MANY more chapters to SS instead of just an epilogue. [ you have, right? ]

Oh, I dunno :P Some people tried to supply possible pics of the characters earlier in the thread, and I could definitely tell you which ones they did NOT look like :P But yeah I guess once the reader has imagined them one way, I wouldn't want to change it.

I can remember reading books in a series as a child, and one day picking up a copy with different cover art that featured a picture of a main character . . . and I'd get quite upset when it didn't match the picture in my head . . . extra mad if it didn't even match the descriptors in the book, which does happen, believe it or not.

Anyways, Calien did an amazing job...I really feel like he captured parts of the story in a subtle way, just as you said.

Edited by TimGRmich

i know what you mean about not meeting expectations. i had the chance to read all the books in the narnian chronicles to my 4 kids at bedtime -- i was glad i could do it before the movies started coming out. seeing them lying on their beds, staring at the ceiling and imagining everything in those stories is one of my (and their) favorite parts of their childhood years.

as for you, thanks for writing descriptively enough that imaginations come into play. ;-) you write so well, i don't just imagine what they must be doing, but i often feel i'm in the setting with them.

i hope by now your muse has thoroughly chastised you & you've decided to add many, MANY more chapters to SS instead of just an epilogue. [ you have, right? ]

Hehe. I'm not sure I set this story up to go on and on . . . but really, if anyone thinks of a plotline you'd like to see for a sequel, you're more than welcome to PM me :P

nah, if u didn't foresee it as being more, then trying to force it is too much like a publisher saying, "it's good, but we need 5 more chapters to meet our length criteria."

since you've done so well up to this point, it seems best to have you finish strong and move on to the next. SS and Dare have been so good, you gotta have more stuff in ya that we're being kept from ... CUZ UR DRAGGING OUT THE FRICKIN' EPILOGUE !!! {oh, gee, did i say that out loud? and in my outdoor voice?}

Hehe. I'm not sure I set this story up to go on and on . . . but really, if anyone thinks of a plotline you'd like to see for a sequel, you're more than welcome to PM me :P

• Like 1

nah, if u didn't foresee it as being more, then trying to force it is too much like a publisher saying, "it's good, but we need 5 more chapters to meet our length criteria."

since you've done so well up to this point, it seems best to have you finish strong and move on to the next. SS and Dare have been so good, you gotta have more stuff in ya that we're being kept from ... CUZ UR DRAGGING OUT THE FRICKIN' EPILOGUE !!! {oh, gee, did i say that out loud? and in my outdoor voice?}

I'm dragging my feet 'cause it's hard to say goodbye! And it'll be a while before I post again, since I'd prefer to work up an entire story before I start releasing chapters (you saw how long I took to edit/revise Social Skills, and that was WITH a completed draft :P). But it'll be done soon.

as you know, SS was my first read on the site.

as you may recall, because i had to wait on chapters ... HELLO! still waiting !! ;-) ... i vowed to wait until a work was done before i started reading, so ...

i'm glad you learned something in the process. ;-p (ok, that was uncalled for, right? ;-)

no, SERIOUSLY, i think i'll wait (and it'll be hard, cuz i like your writing) for the status on your new offerings to move from in process to complete, THEN start reading.

best regards as you prepare to say "Cheers!", "All the best ..." and "have a long, happy, prosperous & very fulfilling life together" to C & J.

I'm dragging my feet 'cause it's hard to say goodbye! And it'll be a while before I post again, since I'd prefer to work up an entire story before I start releasing chapters (you saw how long I took to edit/revise Social Skills, and that was WITH a completed draft :P). But it'll be done soon.

CUZ UR DRAGGING OUT THE FRICKIN' EPILOGUE !!! {oh, gee, did i say that out loud? and in my outdoor voice?}

Good Morning, I just got caught up in GA updates... this made me lawlergigglez this morning. +1 to you, good sir.

Good Morning, I just got caught up in GA updates... this made me lawlergigglez this morning. +1 to you, good sir.

Yeah, ha ha. :P

Remember, the authors have lives outside writing and GA you know. ;)

Why thank you, Matt. For anyone interested I'm about to buy a house!!!!