[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

Wow, about to buy a house. Big move. (LOL). Congrats.

Also, thanks for posting your story for us all to read for free! :D

lol. Thanks for helping me make it post-able :P

Awesome awesome awesome awesome.

That is all.

:D Thank you. Really appreciate all your comments along the way :)

Great ending to a great story. Thanks Sara for an awesome story! Can't wait for your next one. :)

:hug: Thanks Matt. Hope you'll like it, but if not, I'm glad you enjoyed this one :)

Okay, no more foot-dragging. Here's the epilogue . . . and with that, my first ever novel is complete :)

Thanks for reading everyone!

Yay... I'm so happy Connor got to wrap up telling his family that he's gay. It was really the one remaining thing I was waiting for to happen... and while the road's still unclear where things will take the characters (does this mean there's a sequel??? ;) ) it leaves us with a warm fuzzy feeling that Connor's able to mature in the story and unite himself with the man that he loved.

yeah, it's been a running joke between sara & me ... she knows i'm not serious -- sorry maybe you took it that way.

she's awesome & definitely worth waiting for ...even tho i pretend to be perturbed. ;-)

but, tho unnecessary, i do appreciate your sticking up for her. ;-)

best wishes on the house, sara.

Remember, the authors have lives outside writing and GA you know. ;)

well, thanks. i am a fan of those who:

1.) have a sense of humor, and even more so if they

2.) appreciate my sense of humor

if we weren't already friends on the site, i'd friend you just for your comment. ;-)

Good Morning, I just got caught up in GA updates... this made me lawlergigglez this morning. +1 to you, good sir.

Edited by TimGRmich

Awww... I can't believe we've come to the end. Loved the story, and I wished there was a sequel. Thanks again for giving us such a beautiful story.

Now gotta find my Jared (or Conner) !

Edited by littman90
  • Like 1

yeah, it's been a running joke between sara & me ... she knows i'm not serious -- sorry maybe you took it that way.

she's awesome & definitely worth waiting for ...even tho i pretend to be perturbed. ;-)

but, tho unnecessary, i do appreciate your sticking up for her. ;-)

best wishes on the house, sara.

Thanks :P But I did post the epi...did you read? Didn't see a review... not that you have to review, lol. I guess if you thought it sucked you can keep it to yourself :P

Awww... I can't believe we've come to the end. Loved the story, and I wished there was a sequel. Thanks again for giving us such a beautiful story.

Now gotta find my Jared (or Conner) !

There may one day be a sequel...who knows :P

Yup... me too...

And for both of you, don't give up and good luck...I feel like I spent enough time looking (and being a bit forlorn about it :P) to believe that if it can happen for me, it can happen for anyone.

Here's my idea of what Connor Owens might look like:

Posted Image

That's more of what jailbait looks like... not Connor though... sorry.

I picture having this kid show up as bait for Dateline NBC

Posted Image

• 6 months later...

I loved your story. As a sufferrer of social anxiety myself Conner had my sympathies. I don't suppose you'll consider an epilogue? I'd love to see how the characters are going.

At one time, I had some ideas floating around in my head for some post series 'episodes' . . . but it was hard to formulate anything novel-length since I'd always intended this to be a one-shot, and to be specifically about Connor overcoming the worst of his anxiety. Right now I'm almost done with my second (very different) novel, and I've discovered I can only write one thing at once :P But I'll never say never. Maybe one day. And I am open to other people's ideas/suggestions for sequels.

I'm really glad you enjoyed this story. It's pretty close to my heart, maybe because it's my first, or maybe because there's a lot of Connor in me, too.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

• 2 months later...

fantastic story. Blew me away. How come it's premium content now? Anyway... I got so attached to Connor, that it was hard letting go. Even made me want to learn the violine, though i don't think I'm gonna go through with it ;) So thanks a lot for writing it and putting so much effort into everything.

Looking forward to reading what you're gonna upload in the future =)

Bye

• 1 month later...

fantastic story. Blew me away. How come it's premium content now? Anyway... I got so attached to Connor, that it was hard letting go. Even made me want to learn the violine, though i don't think I'm gonna go through with it Posted Image So thanks a lot for writing it and putting so much effort into everything.

Looking forward to reading what you're gonna upload in the future =)

Bye

I somehow missed this comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the story. The story is currently in the Premium section because I am getting ready to epublish :)

• Like 1

I somehow missed this comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the story. The story is currently in the Premium section because I am getting ready to epublish Posted Image

Well let us know when we can purchase more of your writing =)

• 4 weeks later...

couldn't figure out how to add to my review and answer your question about sequels so will try here. From the beginning of the story I had niggling thoughts about Connor's music. Is he really a much better musician than we have found so far? What if he were "discovered" and became famous leading to Jered's feelings of inadequacy? inferiority?

• 2 months later...

The story is currently in the Premium section because I am getting ready to epublish Posted Image

???

so those readers that followed the story, 'liked' it & rated it, increasing its visibility, now cant read it

& im not paying $8.10 per month to access so few extra stories (9 completed, with hardly any new content)

i would have probably been willing to pay a few $ for a complete ebook, properly laid out, spellchecked etc, with the money split between the author & this site

???

so those readers that followed the story, 'liked' it & rated it, increasing its visibility, now cant read it

& im not paying $8.10 per month to access so few extra stories (9 completed, with hardly any new content)

i would have probably been willing to pay a few $ for a complete ebook, properly laid out, spellchecked etc, with the money split between the author & this site

It'll be 2.99. I've spent the summer revising and editing, and have begun the formatting process. Should be ready in about a month. I was planning to ask a few people here if they wanted copies and would like to read it over when it's complete, just to quintuple check for formatting issues/typos.

That's an interesting idea about GA doing ebooks and having the author and the site split the money. I'm sure there are a lot of logistics involved, but if they ever get there, I'd be interested.

Edited by KingdombytheSea
  • 2 months later...

I recently finished Social Skills and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been a reader at GA for a long time and finally joined around a year ago because I wanted to leave a comment about a story. And a couple of months ago I became a subscriber to the Premium Content portion as well. But I still have trouble remembering to acknowledge a writer's efforts. Maybe because I'm such an introvert and really shy. But, in any case, I realized it once again. So sorry for the belated congrats! I'm trying to get better at this posting stuff. LOL! Anyway, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your story and am reading another of yours right now. And I friended you so I know right away when you post again. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

I recently finished Social Skills and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been a reader at GA for a long time and finally joined around a year ago because I wanted to leave a comment about a story. And a couple of months ago I became a subscriber to the Premium Content portion as well. But I still have trouble remembering to acknowledge a writer's efforts. Maybe because I'm such an introvert and really shy. But, in any case, I realized it once again. So sorry for the belated congrats! I'm trying to get better at this posting stuff. LOL! Anyway, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your story and am reading another of yours right now. And I friended you so I know right away when you post again. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Well I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Connor and I have some things in common, so I understand about the shyness :) My next novel should be out on Amazon in a few months, and I'm also planning to write a short for GA's summer anthol. Thanks for dropping by to leave a comment!