[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

Where did all the Jared haters come from? I think its understandable that hes a little confused XD

Anyway....I loved this chapter! Loved it. Cant wait for the next.

• Like 1

YAY!!! <Will Edit as I read>

Oh No!!! Damn... timing's a bitch isn't it?

Oh goddamn it. What?? The?? ****???? No, no, no no no. And... this is why I said I wasn't on the "Jared Fan Club." This totally proves it. This is great, thanks Jared. You just set Connor back emotionally about six chapters. Thanks... how about this? **** Off and when you actually know wtf you want, try to come back without forcing yourself on top of the guy you're trying to profess your love for?

Grrrrrr...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

LOL. Wish I knew what you were reading as you posted the different bits . . . but I suppose I can guess :P

Well, I'm not a pro Jared, but I'm not a hater either. I think someone should put some sense in his head, hes seems pretty confused. He is kinda nice though.

Where did all the Jared haters come from? I think its understandable that hes a little confused XD

Anyway....I loved this chapter! Loved it. Cant wait for the next.

I don't know where they all came from, but they are certainly here :P I wonder if they're the majority, or if the Jared fans are just less vocal . . .

I feel bad for Jared the most. The poor guy is so confused, guilt-ridden, jealous, and has absolutely no idea what he wants. I truly feel bad for him and what he has to go through, compared to Conner who is pretty much out and it doesn't cause conflict with what he does. I know how Jared feels all too well. Damn it I'm cheering for Jared all the way on this one, and I really hope Conner helps him out because he desperately wants and needs it. Great chapter!

• Like 1

I feel bad for Jared the most. The poor guy is so confused, guilt-ridden, jealous, and has absolutely no idea what he wants. I truly feel bad for him and what he has to go through, compared to Conner who is pretty much out and it doesn't cause conflict with what he does. I know how Jared feels all too well. Damn it I'm cheering for Jared all the way on this one, and I really hope Conner helps him out because he desperately wants and needs it. Great chapter!

Ah, there's a fan. You're a bit outnumbered, Matt :P

Ah, there's a fan. You're a bit outnumbered, Matt :P

Yeah, I know, but I identify with Jared way too much to ditch him. I mean, Jared helped Conner out a lot in the beginning of the story, now its Conner's turn to return that favor.

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 1

Count me as another fan of Jared's. Yeah he was an asshole, but he seems like a redeemable asshole to me. The rose he gave Connor right before his performance was really sweet, and shows he cares for him on a deeper level then just psychically. I have to agree with those who have said that Connor and Jared problems mirror one another. It would be nice if they could both work through them together.

That said, I like Ray too. It's probably good for Connor to be with someone that's so confident in who he is. But I'm rooting for Jared all the way. :2thumbs:

Edited by Silver Priest
  • Like 1

Count me as another fan of Jared's. Yeah he was an asshole, but he seems like a redeemable asshole to me. The rose he gave Connor right before his performance was really sweet, and shows he cares for him on a deeper level then just psychically. I have to agree with those who have said that Connor and Jared problems mirror one another. It would be nice if they could both work through them together.

That said, I like Ray too. It's probably good for Connor to be with someone that's so confident in who he is. But I'm rooting for Jared all the way. :2thumbs:

Another one for 'team Jared', as one reviewer stated :P Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

LOL. Wish I knew what you were reading as you posted the different bits . . . but I suppose I can guess :P

I don't know where they all came from, but they are certainly here :P I wonder if they're the majority, or if the Jared fans are just less vocal . . .

Hmmm...Im definetely team Jared! ;p I think his feelings are understandable and I agree with Matt. He needs Connors help right now :P

• Like 1

So I just had to make an account now. Sheesh. (Chey_d from LJ btw).

I'm most definitely on team Jared. I've been around way too many friends that have been both in and out of the closet and I think people tend to forget (because things are a lot more open now), how really scary coming out is. Imagine right now looking at all your friends and family, just imagine them in your head and then imagine them turning their back on you forever. Or looking at you in disgust. Or being uncomfortable around you. Sure you can say "oh well they aren't my friend then" and that's really easy to say, but truly living with that? Truly having to face the fact that they will be out of your life? That's ridiculously hard. And Jared is surrounded by people a lot less understanding about the gay lifestyle than Connor's friends. Stereotypical? Sure. But completely true.

Whatever your feelings about Jared being right for Connor, the fact that he initiated a physical relationship at all was something of a miracle. I have great faith in him. I think once he comes to terms with himself that he'll be a great boyfriend. Right now he's terrified and I think he really loves Connor. After all, he's good looking. If all he wanted was a physical relationship, he could have found that outside of his social club and just done the dirty with some random guy. We all know how easy it is to get laid as a hot guy in the gay world. I think he genuinely loves Connor. And Connor loves him. And unfortunately Ray is a casualty of that, but neither Jared nor Connor is intentionally hurting Ray.

So I guess it's obvious that I"m most assuredly, unapologetically, totally a Team Jared! person. I vote for love basically and I think, though he's immature about it, that Jared loves Connor wholly. so GO JARED (get your head together boy!)

And to those Jared haters: Have you forgotten how good he's been to Connor? And yeah, what he did was terrible, but it came from a place of fear. And Connor is not blameless either in that. He pushed pretty hard, clinged a little too much. Neither are blameless in that relationship breaking up.

What we need now is Connor to stiffen his spine and Jared to relax his a little. Set your foot down, Connor, accept love on your terms not on his. Decide, Jared, out and with Connor, or in and without him!

And I wrote a novel size post. GDI I didn't mean to.

• Like 2

Grrrrr at Jay :P

Just give him a a chance guys :P will ya?

Well, as much as I'm getting hate mail from Team Jared... (seriously? Jared's like the new Twilight fad now? meh)... I didn't say I hate the guy, I just said he needs to get his stuff together. I deal with drunk people in one fashion when they throw themselves at me. I slam the door on their face and make them go home, then if they get pissed off the next morning I say "Well you shouldn't have been so drunk that you couldn't see a goddamn door being slam into your face now, shouldn't you?" It generally portrays the intended message without the implied emotional baggage that comes with urging people not to drink anymore.

• Like 1

Grrrrr at Jay :P

Just give him a a chance guys :P will ya?

:P

I'm most definitely on team Jared. I've been around way too many friends that have been both in and out of the closet and I think people tend to forget (because things are a lot more open now), how really scary coming out is. Imagine right now looking at all your friends and family, just imagine them in your head and then imagine them turning their back on you forever. Or looking at you in disgust. Or being uncomfortable around you. Sure you can say "oh well they aren't my friend then" and that's really easy to say, but truly living with that? Truly having to face the fact that they will be out of your life? That's ridiculously hard. And Jared is surrounded by people a lot less understanding about the gay lifestyle than Connor's friends. Stereotypical? Sure. But completely true.

Whatever your feelings about Jared being right for Connor, the fact that he initiated a physical relationship at all was something of a miracle. I have great faith in him. I think once he comes to terms with himself that he'll be a great boyfriend. Right now he's terrified and I think he really loves Connor. After all, he's good looking. If all he wanted was a physical relationship, he could have found that outside of his social club and just done the dirty with some random guy. We all know how easy it is to get laid as a hot guy in the gay world. I think he genuinely loves Connor. And Connor loves him. And unfortunately Ray is a casualty of that, but neither Jared nor Connor is intentionally hurting Ray.

So I guess it's obvious that I"m most assuredly, unapologetically, totally a Team Jared! person. I vote for love basically and I think, though he's immature about it, that Jared loves Connor wholly. so GO JARED (get your head together boy!)

And to those Jared haters: Have you forgotten how good he's been to Connor? And yeah, what he did was terrible, but it came from a place of fear. And Connor is not blameless either in that. He pushed pretty hard, clinged a little too much. Neither are blameless in that relationship breaking up.

What we need now is Connor to stiffen his spine and Jared to relax his a little. Set your foot down, Connor, accept love on your terms not on his. Decide, Jared, out and with Connor, or in and without him!

*waves* Hi there! Long posts are all good in my book. I wish I could weigh in on your thoughts, but that wouldn't be fair. I suppose the readers have to make up their own minds :)

Well, as much as I'm getting hate mail from Team Jared... (seriously? Jared's like the new Twilight fad now? meh)... I didn't say I hate the guy, I just said he needs to get his stuff together. I deal with drunk people in one fashion when they throw themselves at me. I slam the door on their face and make them go home, then if they get pissed off the next morning I say "Well you shouldn't have been so drunk that you couldn't see a goddamn door being slam into your face now, shouldn't you?" It generally portrays the intended message without the implied emotional baggage that comes with urging people not to drink anymore.

Hate mail? Really?

And hey, teams existed before Twilight!

Okay let me get this all straightened out.

I like Connor, no I'm wrong, I love Connor. This little guy is so sweet and I want to see him happy. Yes I am one of those guys who like to see people grow and come into their own. This chapter we seen that begin to happen a bit. Connor going on a date again. Trying to have a life. Kidding around with Rebecca. I enjoyed that so much

I like Ray. He is a sweet guy. I was happy to see he wasn't going to push or force things but wanted Connor to know he was there. I respect him and really do like him.

That being said can I smack Jared now. I am kidding. Jared is one of those people who has shown he has ethics. I think things would have been easier for both him and Connor if he hadn't come across the date that night. To say I want to hit him for drinking and screwing up what could have been a sweet reunion is an understatement. I still want Jared to get his head straightened out. I hate how he could almost only admit that he loved Connor while drunk

Hurray for Connor. At least he is smart enough and grown up enough to know that he doesn't want to hear this from a drunk Jared. No matter how sexy he thinks Jared is at least he isn't going to be a door mat. Yeah.

Okay my big problem with the chapter ...... you don't have another one to follow it yet. Sigh. Till you get up the next one I guess I have to sit and think over what has happened ... again.

• Like 2

Not a novel sized post at all. Especially for a new user, I expect rather longer posts in the beginning. Those of us who chat and post with Sara... we eventually shorten our expressions until we all revert to speechless grunting noises to communicate... lol :D

That being said can I smack Jared now. I am kidding. Jared is one of those people who has shown he has ethics. I think things would have been easier for both him and Connor if he hadn't come across the date that night. To say I want to hit him for drinking and screwing up what could have been a sweet reunion is an understatement. I still want Jared to get his head straightened out. I hate how he could almost only admit that he loved Connor while drunk

I blame Veronica. She's a bad influence. ohey...the Ronnie Threat Advisory might be making a comeback yet! lol

• Like 1

I hate that bitch. XD

hehe.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...That's all what I say.

I don't know if it's just my screen, but that 'No' was so long it literally went out of the reply window. Haha.

• Like 1

Live Commenting again... Just got off work, so sorry I couldn't comment earlier.

“And . . . he said he loved me. But he was drunk, so I know it doesn’t count,” he finished in a rush.

“That’s right, it doesn’t.” Rebecca nodded vigorously. “Nor does it count immediately before, after, or during sex.”

Words of Wisdom right there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...That's all what I say.

I don't know if it's just my screen, but that 'No' was so long it literally went out of the reply window. Haha.

Yeah... it looked fine on my monitor, but I have a 24" widescreen monitor on 1080p resolution... and it took up most of my monitor too, but it was at least one single line lol.Time for a Ronnie Threat Advisory again... making one now.

post-11655-0-91310200-1303796193_thumb.png

There :) </Post> ~Jay

• Like 1

Live Commenting again... Just got off work, so sorry I couldn't comment earlier.

Words of Wisdom right there.

Yeah... it looked fine on my monitor, but I have a 24" widescreen monitor on 1080p resolution... and it took up most of my monitor too, but it was at least one single line lol.Time for a Ronnie Threat Advisory again... making one now.

post-11655-0-91310200-1303796193_thumb.png

There :) </Post> ~Jay

Comment earlier? LOL I only posted like a few hrs ago.

The No is on one line, it just goes on and on and on, out of the reply box :P

And finally, haha :D

LOL I'm giving Jared teh benefit of the doubt. Everyone is ready to jump on him, but what did he do that was so unfair now? Connor wanted to be friends, he left it open to Jared to be so and Jared took the chance. He quit the team, he said he'd stop seeing Ronnie (not a fair choice by the way because he should have said she was his friend and, though he won't end it, he'd tell her in no uncertain terms things were over), he agreed to try the friendship thing. It would be really out of character if he just went "OKAY I"LL COME OUT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!". Give him a little more time than six months to come to terms with what being 'out' means. People think it's so easy but not even Connor's friends like Jared because he's a jock or whatever, so he has either the jocks or Connor as a backup.

All I can say is Connor better confront that shit (in a completely non-confrontational way). And stick to his guns about friends really. Because one thing that needs to be said is that there is no hope for their relationship while Jared is in the closet. But that doesn't mean they can't be friends. (except that thought makes me cry so GET WITH IT GDI, JARED)

I am WAYYYYY too emotionally attached to your characters. Jeebus!

Also REBECCA <3 <3 (but her prejudice about jocks is making me >>8( )

• Like 1