[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

The fact that Connor didn't immediately jump back into Jared's arms after what happened shows (to me, at least) that he has matured 10^109290 socially. Good for him. :)

Agreed. I'd kick him in the shins if he tried to ;)

• Like 1

LOL I'm giving Jared teh benefit of the doubt. Everyone is ready to jump on him, but what did he do that was so unfair now? Connor wanted to be friends, he left it open to Jared to be so and Jared took the chance. He quit the team, he said he'd stop seeing Ronnie (not a fair choice by the way because he should have said she was his friend and, though he won't end it, he'd tell her in no uncertain terms things were over), he agreed to try the friendship thing. It would be really out of character if he just went "OKAY I"LL COME OUT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!". Give him a little more time than six months to come to terms with what being 'out' means. People think it's so easy but not even Connor's friends like Jared because he's a jock or whatever, so he has either the jocks or Connor as a backup.

All I can say is Connor better confront that shit (in a completely non-confrontational way). And stick to his guns about friends really. Because one thing that needs to be said is that there is no hope for their relationship while Jared is in the closet. But that doesn't mean they can't be friends. (except that thought makes me cry so GET WITH IT GDI, JARED)

I am WAYYYYY too emotionally attached to your characters. Jeebus!

Also REBECCA <3 <3 (but her prejudice about jocks is making me >>8( )

Well I sorta knew you'd give Jared the benefit of the doubt :P

And I'm glad someone else besides me is emotionally attached to them. Then I don't feel quite as nutty.

The fact that Connor didn't immediately jump back into Jared's arms after what happened shows (to me, at least) that he has matured 10^109290 socially. Good for him. :)

Yup. I've been in similar situations-- where a relationship was ended b/c it just wasn't working out-- but then when Party A came back w/ all sorts of grandiose apologies . . . let's just say Party B took longer than she should have to put her foot down :P

So yeah, I'd say it's a sign of growth.

Err . . . sorry . . . and I'll get to work on the next then? :P

I told ya... if you start throwing us off into a plot twist... you better have those chappys waiting to release or else you're gonna have a flash mob in front of your house ;)

I told ya... if you start throwing us off into a plot twist... you better have those chappys waiting to release or else you're gonna have a flash mob in front of your house ;)

Then now might not be a god time to tell you my weekend just got exponentially busier ... :unsure:

• Like 1

Then now might not be a god time to tell you my weekend just got exponentially busier ... :unsure:

I think as long as you're giving Jared and Connor mental hugs it'll be okay =D. They must be more stressed than we are about their relationship!

• Like 1

I really hope connor and Jake get back together. I am not a big fan of two musicians being together, it's a nice story tale romance, till you both can't find jobs in the same city, and are both struggling to pay bills. If you both don't have different interests then all you do is music and in the end it get's boring :P

• Like 1

I really hope connor and Jake get back together. I am not a big fan of two musicians being together, it's a nice story tale romance, till you both can't find jobs in the same city, and are both struggling to pay bills. If you both don't have different interests then all you do is music and in the end it get's boring :P

Interesting point. Actually I think I often hear it's 'not good' if two people of the same profession get together (i.e. not just musicians).

I'd say it'll be out tomorrow. I have a killer headache, and oh yeah, I had to do work all evening for that pesky job thing :P

=(( headache and having to work sucks. *sends mental hugs and head massages*

Sorry to hear that. Sucks. Have some tea, get some rest and dream happy dreams!

=(( headache and having to work sucks. *sends mental hugs and head massages*

Sorry to hear that. Sucks. Have some tea, get some rest and dream happy dreams!

thank you!

You're slippin Sara....you used to post a new chap at least once a week ;p

Sheesh, Anya. The week's not over yet!

Well, better late than never, right? I really do have some legitimate excuses.

Anyways, here's Chapter 21

• Like 1

Well, better late than never, right? I really do have some legitimate excuses.

Anyways, here's Chapter 21

First of all, Chapter 21 SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE I loved it. I loved it that Jared didn't deny things and that he's so into Connor that he can't resist that touch out in the open! <3 <3

Also, Ben's reaction >>8( I hope he's just in shock. Totally understandable if shocked, not so understandable walking away =(.

Secondly, you don't need any excuses - legitimate or otherwise. You get the chapters up when you can. Feel better first! (but thanksforputtingupchaptersoicansquee)

• Like 1

Read this on my phone...so no live comments/review on this one...

I think the Ronnie Threat Advisory needs a new color. Black. For when things go nuclear. How did I know when I read that jared broke uo for good that she'd go apeshit crazy and blow Jared's cover? Ironically, she'd be doing Jared and Connor a favor once things settle down. Now we need to see if Jared tries to do campus-wide damage control or not.

• Like 1

Okay... here's my actual review...

1) *sigh* I feel bad for Ray. It wasn't really written very clearly, but I still feel like Ray was treated like a rebound guy. Then again at least "ended" it before it got more serious and Connor did the right thing letting Ray know. I'd probably be a bit pissed if I were Ray though.

2) Jared's usage of "Baby" still pisses me off. Don't ask me why.

3) Interesting that Jared took Connor to a hick down for their "date"... I was cracking up waiting for them to slip up and see what the townies think/do.

4) I never thought ultimate frisbee could be this fun... maybe it was wrong of me to not take it up back in college... lol

5) OH SHIT! So I think Ronnie's move is a bitch move of course, but what else did you expect? We've all read how crazy she is... well if not crazy, then at least unstable. I really hope Jared doesn't revert too much into his closeted shell in hopes to do damage control. To be honest, this little move by Ronnie actually might help nudge Jared towards being more open with himself, which would inadvertently doing Connor a service.

6) Wow... no music selection for Chapter 21?

This chapter had a lot going on. Instead of having the storyline move a few days per chapter, the last couple of chapters seem to be stretched to happenings of about 48 hours. Lots of things are going on... and events and changes are moving so fast it's hard evaluating the extremes of emotions of how Connor feels anymore. Perhaps this is how you wanted to portray it, Sara, but generally people don't experience these vast shifts in extremes emotionally, eventually they become numb to emotional changes. Will this happen to Connor? Will that numbing change his relationship with Jared?

• Like 1

First of all, Chapter 21 SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE I loved it. I loved it that Jared didn't deny things and that he's so into Connor that he can't resist that touch out in the open! <3 <3

Also, Ben's reaction >>8( I hope he's just in shock. Totally understandable if shocked, not so understandable walking away =(.

Secondly, you don't need any excuses - legitimate or otherwise. You get the chapters up when you can. Feel better first! (but thanksforputtingupchaptersoicansquee)

Thanks Chey :) I feel fine, just a little stressed :P Glad you liked the chapter!

Okay... here's my actual review...

1) *sigh* I feel bad for Ray. It wasn't really written very clearly, but I still feel like Ray was treated like a rebound guy. Then again at least "ended" it before it got more serious and Connor did the right thing letting Ray know. I'd probably be a bit pissed if I were Ray though.

2) Jared's usage of "Baby" still pisses me off. Don't ask me why.

3) Interesting that Jared took Connor to a hick down for their "date"... I was cracking up waiting for them to slip up and see what the townies think/do.

4) I never thought ultimate frisbee could be this fun... maybe it was wrong of me to not take it up back in college... lol

5) OH SHIT! So I think Ronnie's move is a bitch move of course, but what else did you expect? We've all read how crazy she is... well if not crazy, then at least unstable. I really hope Jared doesn't revert too much into his closeted shell in hopes to do damage control. To be honest, this little move by Ronnie actually might help nudge Jared towards being more open with himself, which would inadvertently doing Connor a service.

6) Wow... no music selection for Chapter 21?

This chapter had a lot going on. Instead of having the storyline move a few days per chapter, the last couple of chapters seem to be stretched to happenings of about 48 hours. Lots of things are going on... and events and changes are moving so fast it's hard evaluating the extremes of emotions of how Connor feels anymore. Perhaps this is how you wanted to portray it, Sara, but generally people don't experience these vast shifts in extremes emotionally, eventually they become numb to emotional changes. Will this happen to Connor? Will that numbing change his relationship with Jared?

1) Any new person after a breakup is a 'rebound' in a way, esp. if there's only a short time b/t relationships. I didn't spell it out, b/c I don't think it was done intentionally, but I figured it'd be understood

2) I usually don't weigh in on my characters' actions, but I'm gonna pm you on this b/c I'm curious

3) Well, generally speaking, all the towns right around Cville are hick towns :P In Jared's defense, Crozet Pizza is a real place, and it *is* known for its pizza

4) I'm with Connor on the subject of frisbee

5) nc, but thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

6) I almost put in the overture/opening number for Kiss me Kate, but I got lazy. It was pretty late when I posted last night.

You didn't make a number for your last comment, but I guess I'll call it 7. So,

7) Things are moving quickly and events are closer together in time b/c this is a "climactic" part of the story. To stretch these events out over more days would have required me to put in "filler" scenes (scenes that IMO would not serve the plot) and I'm just not a huge fan of those.

I'm gonna have to disagree w/ your generalization about people experiencing shifts in emotions. It doesn't happen everyday, of course, and it didn't to Connor, either. But sometimes, shit happens :P Also, about the numbing thing . . . my guess is that everyone handles emotional stresses a little differently. The numbing you speak of is probably a coping mechanism you've seen/experienced, but from my pov, I don't think it's a universal truth. Not true for me, at least (although now that I think of it, it probably would have been helpful at some points in my past :P)

• Like 1

I'd like to say "trouble in paradise" but it's seems that there's always trouble and there's never any paradise.

What a dramatic and hectic life Connor has!

• Like 1

I'd like to say "trouble in paradise" but it's seems that there's always trouble and there's never any paradise.

What a dramatic and hectic life Connor has!

He's had a few calm days here and there, hasn't he?? :P

And of course the already confused as hell Jared gets outed un-wantingly! Christ, can this poor freakin' kid ever catch a break?!?!

Hehe most people didn't really care about Jared before this chap.