Are you in Neverland?

Are you in Neverland?

Your age may state otherwise, but do you feel like you've never really 'grown up?'

Me: Talking to my step-dad (approaching 60) he still feels he's very much his twenties-self in an older body. I feel like it's a threshold I'm meant to step over, somewhere, sometime, only I have no idea where or when it is???

I'm supposedly an adult, but I just don't feel it. :wacko: I keep expecting people to ask me if I'm the babysitter when I pick my kid up from kindie. Looking in the mirror though, that's really not likely to happen. :P

What about you lovely people? Feel like an adult? Yes/No When/where/how/why...

Thanks!

• Like 1

Still a total kid inside!

I just pretend to be an adult :D . I hate adult responsibilities, but I'm the reliable one always. That makes me escape to my imaginary world. I luckily have many friends that appreciate being a young heart. My granpa was like a 20 year old boy when he died at 76, and my mum still behaves like she is 15, huoh. So it kinda runs in our family...

• Like 1

You know that stage when you're a teenager, and your body suddenly grows a lot, and then it feels too big and you trip over things alot? I stopped growing a while back... and i still feel like that.

I figure i'm not going to grow out of that by now.

I'm just going to accept it and LIVE disgracefully :D

• Like 1

I kinda go back and forth. Sometimes I'm all mature and serious but like literally the next second I can be giggly and kid like. It's weird. When I was a kid though, like from 15-17ish I used to love acting more mature than my age. I liked being a contradiction, young yet "wise beyond my years" or some crap like that. Maybe I'm making up for it now, lol.

• Like 1

Growing up has been an interesting experience for me. I have to say that I enjoy the wisdom (however little) that I gain with each grey hair and passing year. The flip side (and there is always at least three with me) is that I feel I'm still a kid. I mean, I'm only twenty-three, and I feel like I've fallen outside the concept of age a lot of the time. There have been people who have told me to "grow down" or that I'm an "old soul", and while I think I understand what they're saying, I have to admit that for the most part I'm confused by things like that. How can one grow down when there is no mental frame of reference for one's concept of personal age? :P

Then again, I do tend to overanalyze things at times, so maybe I'm overthinking the concept of age. Lol.

But if you don't have a concept of age for yourself, it's difficult to feel like an "adult" or a "kid". you just are what you are. :D

• Like 1

So, I work with kids, and most of the time I have to be the mature, guiding adult . . . but a lot of times I shut the door and act like a complete goofball w/ them.

Most of the time, I still feel like a kid . . . esp. when dealing w/ older adults. I keep wondering when that whole "adult" feeling will kick in :)

• Like 1

I feel old, not 15

When I was 15, I felt and behaved like I was 30. At 30, I felt like I was 20. Now, in my fifties, I still have the emotions and thoughts I had at 20, but my body behaves like 75, or perhaps more like 95! I'm still perving on the cute 20 year old guys, but when I get up to chase them, I have to grab my cane and oxygen! A moment ago I was 20, and now I'm an old rusted hulk... WTF happened?!

• Like 1

Acc to my dad, my age atarted turning backwards once it hit 18.. :D i really dunno what to make of that statement.. And I apparently seemed so excited at a club the other day that i got carded! I mean, I am 25!!! :wacko: they couldn't believe that i could be over 18..

"GROW UP" is a phrase i have to hear Often.. even from my younger sister.. so these days i try not to even think of my age..

Age is just a number.. :P and i Love it here in Neverland! bow_arrow.gif

• Like 1

In some ways, I never got past the 17-year-old goth kid I used to be. In others, I was old at 9. And that's OK.

I hope to have grown up in ways that really matter, but there's "must" and there's "may." For me, discerning the difference is what maturity really is about.

• Like 1