Describe your favourite author

I've been wondering about writing style too, how some authors have a strong signature style and some play with different styles from story to story. How some authors always come back to same story ideas...

Think about your favourite GA author or two, don't say it to us. Think in a few words the style your fav writer uses, usually this is easy!

You can both do the describing and quessing work in this thread. Just don't reveal!

I'll start with three different authors.

One writes about sweet first love, that is pure and magic. Sometimes bending the line, good taste or not, it is sugary sweet anyways. This author describes in detail every hair that moves in the loveinterest's head making the scene stop and letting your heart beat syncronice with the protagonist. This author favours first person.

One author I really like uses English language in a witty way, avoiding the most predictable words and descriptions. This author can make you smile and cry in one chapter, writing style changes with the characters growth sometimes from poetic, slow storytelling to sarcastic and hard tone. This author makes even supernatural feel natural and believable.

Ok, the third one (but not by a long shot my last fav) is a master in harsh reality. The stories are quite dark, never supernatural. This author brings out the dirtiest and sickest things in human nature, making the innosence really stand out. This author has a message and doesn't awoid hard topics. These stories are emotional, tricky rollarcoasters, but there has always been a happy ending.

• Like 1

This author is very detailed and the stories he/she writes always leave you wanting more. I actually think Marzipan describes this author as well xD Anyway, he/she favours first person (I don't think I've read one of their stories that is not written in first person) and the main character is usually a teenager. Most of the stories are very, very sweet and heartwarming to read. This author isn't the fastest in terms of updating, but when there IS an update, it's very much worth reading!

Can't do it. It would be a matter of what mood I'm in today. The writers here are diverse and offer very different things. Some days it would be X, others Y, occassionally Z and on in rare cases Z'.

Can't do it. It would be a matter of what mood I'm in today. The writers here are diverse and offer very different things. Some days it would be X, others Y, occassionally Z and on in rare cases Z'.

Well I'm not limited to one author either!

:D You can always describe the one that you like at the current moment. Or someone who impressed you or what ever. How you define the it-factor that an author whose works you fancy has on you?

This is my favorite author.

He got skurred when he saw his cover art.

LESSON LEARNED PPL ==> NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!

:lmao:

Omg, hilarious! he-heee.... Must have lots of build up emotions to put in a story with him, lol

Two favourite authors

Author 1 writes with quite a childish style but their narrative style is quite effective. Writing everything from teenage angst to vampires with a lust for other boys.

Author 2 writes lustfully. They are a perfect example of how a writer and painter should be like. I find them inspirational.