Should Imake a move?

I find myself in a tough situation as of late. I really should be getting some sleep but I can't get this out of my mind. There is is this guy on the tennis team that I have known for awhile and I really like him most of the time. He is one of those people that you just have to know to like. He has a...complicated personality. He is sarcastic, funny, and gossipy. Half the time I want to punch him and the other half I just want to take him right there on the tennis court. Anyhow, my problem is the classic I like him and I think he likes me but I have no clue what to do about it.

Here is the run down:

I used to date this guy and while we were dating I had feelings for tennis guy. Me and my bf ended up breaking things off after a few months. i thought tennis guy would make a move but he didn't. We had always been flirting and stuff and everyone thought I would dump my bf and he and i would get together because they said it was obvious that we like each other. Four months went by and he didn't make a move. I ended up getting back with my ex. The tennis guy and i stopped talking after that. Now the ex has been out of the picture since before labor day of 2010. Tennis season has started up again and the tennis guy and I our talking. I just finished a convo with him on facebook (which led me to write this). I'm just at a loss. I have no clue what to do. btw the ex is also on the team which really makes things awkward. I really don't want to put myself out there and have this guy laugh at me. My self esteem can't take it.

What would you do in this situation? Throw caution to the wind and make a move or play it safe and hope he makes the move?

I find myself in a tough situation as of late. I really should be getting some sleep but I can't get this out of my mind. There is is this guy on the tennis team that I have known for awhile and I really like him most of the time. He is one of those people that you just have to know to like. He has a...complicated personality. He is sarcastic, funny, and gossipy. Half the time I want to punch him and the other half I just want to take him right there on the tennis court. Anyhow, my problem is the classic I like him and I think he likes me but I have no clue what to do about it.

Here is the run down:

I used to date this guy and while we were dating I had feelings for tennis guy. Me and my bf ended up breaking things off after a few months. i thought tennis guy would make a move but he didn't. We had always been flirting and stuff and everyone thought I would dump my bf and he and i would get together because they said it was obvious that we like each other. Four months went by and he didn't make a move. I ended up getting back with my ex. The tennis guy and i stopped talking after that. Now the ex has been out of the picture since before labor day of 2010. Tennis season has started up again and the tennis guy and I our talking. I just finished a convo with him on facebook (which led me to write this). I'm just at a loss. I have no clue what to do. btw the ex is also on the team which really makes things awkward. I really don't want to put myself out there and have this guy laugh at me. My self esteem can't take it.

What would you do in this situation? Throw caution to the wind and make a move or play it safe and hope he makes the move?

What do you have to loose? Ask him to a movie or something, or you could also just wait forever for him to make a move (which he seems unable to do) and regret it until you find someone else. Or just seduce him to ask you on a date by being the cutest, most adorable you as possible. Make him have his socks turn in his feet and make him wonder all kinds of hints. If he doesn't go for it, maybe he is just stupid or not that into you. Any help? :D

it definitely brightened my morning :D . However I find it hard to be cute and adorable when I'm sweating like a pig lol. I guess i will have to be cute and adorable 100% before practice B) .

It sounds as if you and tennis guy are friends. Surely two friends could go out for a drink. Surely someone who is sarcastic and flirty can be tased into a 'just as friends' quiet get together. You're a girl, use your imagination and your feminine wiles.

• Site Administrator

Sorry, but I'm the blunt type. I'd flat out ask him out. I have never been one to play around and even back before I met my husband if I wanted a guy I found a way to tell him, either by invading his physical space or just by saying so. I don't know if that works for adults, lol, I've never been on the 'dating' scene but idk, why not take the risk? If there is something you really want, in this case a relationship with your tennis flirty friend, then you should go for it. Life is rarely exciting for the meek and hesitant.

My take on life, its better to regret something you have done than wonder about what ifs.

Nobody can guarantee it will work out but there is really only 3 scenarios that will play out here

1. You take a risk and it works out how you want it

2. You take a risk and hes not interested

3. You keep quiet and never know/wait for him to move

Now personally option 3 for me would be the most painful to live with. Not only that but there is no closure to it you are forever left with what ifs

I'm the type that fears rejection, so I never come right out and ask people on dates! I hint around, make comments, flirt, and the people either bite, or don't. If you're like me and fear rejection, this method actually works most the time! Especially if you're good at reading people. If you're not the type to fear rejection, then just be blunt and ask him out. If he's the gossipy type and your ex is on the team as well, he probably already knows you like him. People talk all the time, and their favorite subject is who likes who. Maybe he's the shy type and likes you, but just can't get the words out! :2thumbs: