Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 70: Meetings and Concerns

BTW, I know many of you were expecting to wait until next week for a chapter. However, thanks to my wonderful team and their tireless work, we have a chapter today. :)

And an excellent chapter it is!

I like the way Trev and Shane are getting closer. Something might be happening on that front. And even if it doesn't, I think Shane will be quite happy to crew for Mr. Blake and Trevor.

So we have a frige-hanger at the end of chapter 70. Something to eat, all it needs is to be microwaved. And it's hidden in the refrigerator? Either it's very small or the refrigerator is very full of other stuff. Will Trev find the box? Well, we should know when chapter 71 is posted. Real Soon Now.

Colin B)

I'm with Colin - a pretty good chapter. I'm so jealous of the boys getting to sail around such an amazing place and basically do whatever they want. Of course, getting to do it in the company of a real hunk who can't keep a shirt on is just the icing on the cake... ;)

And no worries at this point about the reporter, the assassin, the drug dealers or any of those nasty people.

Trevor's right, of course, about telling Shane before Joel comes aboard - there's no chance of keeping his sexuality a secret then. I'm trying to remember being 18 again and it did seem like the biggest secret ever so I guess I sympathise with him. It's not as if they can just avoid each other if things go badly. On the other hand, I managed to live well into my 20's without telling anyone - wasted years they seem to me now, but it is possible.

CJ: Thanks for another chapter. Saw that it was posted before I had to leave my home office for several meetings. It sat in the back of my mind as something to get home for and to enjoy.

Who-ho, the boys are finally touching, skin to skin. Bout time.

About the mystery package, my first thought was that it was not food but drugs. That would change everything about Shane and the boast owner. Can't be true. Then I changed the guess to floater pie. Well at least the chicken pot pie as the "floatee". Now I'm guessing its a hot dog casserole!

Looking forward to the boys playing together in the dolphins and the para-sailing. Sounds like a super part of the world. Sure would like to be there with them.

Reluctantly I hope the next chapter tells us what's going on at home and at the cartel in Mexico. You know things won't be good, but I want to get on with finding out.

WinStuart

Great chapter ~ to come out or not to come out, that is the question. It's also refreshing just to be dealing with Trevor, rather than the mess back home & in various unsavoury spots around the globe.

Paul

B)................. Of he will definitely come out!! Then we may learn why Shane had to leave home. Looks like Mrs. Blake is named Sarah, that throws a monkey wrench into the theory Trevor's mom maybe be Mrs. Blake. Mystery in the fridge, wonder if it'd a pie floating in a soup? :lol: I think Shane and Trevor will get very close soon. It should get interesting when Joel and Lisa arrive, I wonder how they will along with Shane? Things seem to be in place for a showdown soon with Sanchez, Bridget, George, Rodriquez and Henry.

Lets stir the pot

Statue of Limitations

I have been thinking about something since early on in this story. The subject of my musings is this Statue of Limitations being discussed.

Depending on the Jurisdiction (Federal, State, etc), and the offense committed the length of the protection varies. One thing however generally stands. If the defendant absents or conceals him or herself from the locality, THE CLOCK STOPS.

Now our two fugitives are running from the current charges. There has been an indictment filed. That case will stand until they are caught. Based on all information available, most of these charges are going to be dismissed. The only charge remaining would be the murder of Rachel. I am assuming she is still alive. So no murder charge.

The offense I believe, considering all information and the statements made by Dirk, will consist of fraud and theft charges. This will be based on his receiving monies from life and other insurance.

IMHO HE NEEDS A BETTER LAWYER.

Boat Identification

Based on the story, the Kookaburra, is a Lagoon 57. Our authority is Trevor. How did he arrive at this? He looked at the Kookaburra. He observed visible features. However, the vessel has received extensive modifications.

Other interesting particulars

Mr. Blake say’s he is a school chum with Foster. Is there not an axiom regarding the “Old School Tie?”

Mrs. Foster bakes Lemon Key Pies.

Mr. Blake declined to commit to the charter until his wife agreed. However, she didn’t come and look Trevor over. I wonder if Rachel had any brothers.

Now lets look at Sanchez’s mysterious hit man. He most probably needs a good cover. Freelance reporters are not tied down to a location or one employer. This might not bode well for Shane. After all he is the blonde aboard the Kookaburra.

• Like 1

Lets stir the pot

Statue of Limitations

I have been thinking about something since early on in this story. The subject of my musings is this Statue of Limitations being discussed.

Depending on the Jurisdiction (Federal, State, etc), and the offense committed the length of the protection varies. One thing however generally stands. If the defendant absents or conceals him or herself from the locality, THE CLOCK STOPS.

Now our two fugitives are running from the current charges. There has been an indictment filed. That case will stand until they are caught. Based on all information available, most of these charges are going to be dismissed. The only charge remaining would be the murder of Rachel. I am assuming she is still alive. So no murder charge.

The offense I believe, considering all information and the statements made by Dirk, will consist of fraud and theft charges. This will be based on his receiving monies from life and other insurance.

Boat Identification

Based on the story, the Kookaburra, is a Lagoon 57. Our authority is Trevor. How did he arrive at this? He looked at the Kookaburra. He observed visible features. However, the vessel has received extensive modifications.

Mr. Blake say’s he is a school chum with Foster. Is there not an axiom regarding the “Old School Tie?”

Mr. Blake declined to commit to the charter until his wife agreed. However, she didn’t come and look Trevor over. I wonder if Rachel had any brothers.

Now lets look at Sanchez’s mysterious hit man. He most probably needs a good cover. Freelance reporters are not tied down to a location or one employer. This might not bode well for Shane. After all he is the blonde aboard the Kookaburra.

B).............Great analogy ! I too believe the only crime is hiding a non-existant murder and the insurance money. What made Rachel run? That is the piece of the puzzle here, did she discover that she was being investigated or stumble into Arthur's stashed notes in the Aries? And flee for her life, either way Dirk knows the truth, and so far he is not saying other then to his boyfriend.. That is an interesting point about Rachel having brothers, I rather suddenly dismissed based on Mrs. Blakes first name, but I didn't see a possible connection to further family, however if Martin is fully aware of Trevor's situation, I'm sure the family would have come forward by now. Unless they are aware of the statute of limitations. Again interesting!!! I'd say that Shane is the most in danger right now because of the hair coloring, but Joel is next in line here. Should be a very tense next couple of chapters involving all the players, although Trevor and Shane will get to know each other very soon.

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the Chapter CJ :2thumbs:

I do have to declare a cliffhanger because their is this big question hanging over Shane and Trevor on if Shane is gay or not. It is once again left unresolved :thumbdown:.

One thing that I kind of picked out as a clue, that CJ I imagine hid in the dialog was when Mr. Blake hesitated when Trevor said he had relatives inland. Trevor always very quick with his quips to Joel about not taking Atlantis over land, so why did Mr. Blake hesitate? Is there something he knows and is not letting on?

I agree Dark Prince with wanting it to be Tuesday already. Any chance anyone know how we can play an April Fools Joke on CJ and make him think tomorrow is actually Tuesday? :ph34r:

I'm wondering two things.. Does Martin live in Northam? He certainly reacted when Trevor mentioned the town and I'm Australian so not too sure on the date of "Thanksgiving" but could the meal be for that?? This story just gets better and better :2thumbs:

Google says Thanksgiving Day in Australia is in May. However, the next day is a Thursday. Thanksgiving Day, in the US as we all should know, is on a Thursday. What is in that package?

Australia actually doesn't celebrate a thanksgiving day but google does have some wierd facts sometimes :D I thought that the time frame for Trevor might be right for "U.S. thanksgiving" (Thought it was in November) and LOL No we all shouldn't know it's a thursday. We dont celebrate american holidays here :lmao:

And an excellent chapter it is!

I like the way Trev and Shane are getting closer. Something might be happening on that front. And even if it doesn't, I think Shane will be quite happy to crew for Mr. Blake and Trevor.

So we have a frige-hanger at the end of chapter 70. Something to eat, all it needs is to be microwaved. And it's hidden in the refrigerator? Either it's very small or the refrigerator is very full of other stuff. Will Trev find the box? Well, we should know when chapter 71 is posted. Real Soon Now.

Colin B)

Kookaburra, like Atlantis, has a built-in refrigerator-freezer in the galley, basically two doors... hard to describe, so I'll add a picture:

2309294_29.jpg?1301447862000

The upper one would be the refrigerator, and you're right, with it backed with groceries, it would be hard to spot something in the back. :)

I'm with Colin - a pretty good chapter. I'm so jealous of the boys getting to sail around such an amazing place and basically do whatever they want. Of course, getting to do it in the company of a real hunk who can't keep a shirt on is just the icing on the cake... ;)

And no worries at this point about the reporter, the assassin, the drug dealers or any of those nasty people.

Trevor's right, of course, about telling Shane before Joel comes aboard - there's no chance of keeping his sexuality a secret then. I'm trying to remember being 18 again and it did seem like the biggest secret ever so I guess I sympathise with him. It's not as if they can just avoid each other if things go badly. On the other hand, I managed to live well into my 20's without telling anyone - wasted years they seem to me now, but it is possible.

Yep, Trevor is in a great place with great company. :) And, those other issues, which I call minor inconveniences (Bridget, Sanchez, bombs, pirates, etc) are just the little foibles that make life interesting. :)

Trevor and Shane, as it was mentioned during the fight and when pulling off the bait-and-switch with the press, look a little alike. Or they did, until Shane dyed Trevor's hair. They aren't that close in appearance (like twins would be) just a similar height, tan, build, and hair color. Trevor needling Shane for not wearing a shirt was a favorite scene for me... and it ties in with a similar one; when Ned made a snide remark about Shane's shirt-avoidance, and then had to quickly backpedal when realized he'd put his foot in it: he'd never seen Trevor, his employer in this case, wear one. :lmao:

Trevor, though, has that little affliction of his; guys he finds very hot tend to make him walk into bulkheads or otherwise get rattled. Even Julie used to tease him about that, way back at the start of the novel. I think being around Shane put's Trevor's life at risk, from repeated collisions with trees and other objects. :)

And yep, it would take Joel about 30 seconds to forget and scream "Sexual Harassment!", especially with beer involved. So, Trevor has to come out pretty quick or Shane would find out anyway.

Great chapter ~ to come out or not to come out, that is the question. It's also refreshing just to be dealing with Trevor, rather than the mess back home & in various unsavoury spots around the globe.

Paul

Thanks!

Trevor is trying hard to avoid his troubles. :)

CJ: Thanks for another chapter. Saw that it was posted before I had to leave my home office for several meetings. It sat in the back of my mind as something to get home for and to enjoy.

Who-ho, the boys are finally touching, skin to skin. Bout time.

About the mystery package, my first thought was that it was not food but drugs. That would change everything about Shane and the boast owner. Can't be true. Then I changed the guess to floater pie. Well at least the chicken pot pie as the "floatee". Now I'm guessing its a hot dog casserole!

Looking forward to the boys playing together in the dolphins and the para-sailing. Sounds like a super part of the world. Sure would like to be there with them.

Reluctantly I hope the next chapter tells us what's going on at home and at the cartel in Mexico. You know things won't be good, but I want to get on with finding out.

WinStuart

A pie floater?!?!?! You mean they want to kill Trevor!!?!?!? :o

A hot dog casserole? That would turn things about: Trevor would want to kill them. :P

Lets stir the pot

Statue of Limitations

Boat Identification

A very interesting and thought-provoking post!

You're right, the clock does stop, on every offense, when someone is a fugitive from justice from any offense, per 18 U.S.C. § 3290 “No statute of limitations shall extend to any person fleeing from justice.” That’s a Federal statue, and courts have held that it applies to all cases, not just Federal ones. (and in this case, some of the charges are Federal anyway).

I dare not say much at this point... but... ummm... I really can't think of a way to approach this without giving a spoiler. I do think it needs clarifying though, so I added a paragraph of narration to chapter 71. The actual action related to this issue was already in there, but the narrative explanation for the reason wasn't. Thank you for raising this issue; I think it's one that needed to be addressed, and it prompted me to clarify it. :)

B).............Great analogy ! I too believe the only crime is hiding a non-existant murder and the insurance money. What made Rachel run? That is the piece of the puzzle here, did she discover that she was being investigated or stumble into Arthur's stashed notes in the Aries? And flee for her life, either way Dirk knows the truth, and so far he is not saying other then to his boyfriend.. That is an interesting point about Rachel having brothers, I rather suddenly dismissed based on Mrs. Blakes first name, but I didn't see a possible connection to further family, however if Martin is fully aware of Trevor's situation, I'm sure the family would have come forward by now. Unless they are aware of the statute of limitations. Again interesting!!! I'd say that Shane is the most in danger right now because of the hair coloring, but Joel is next in line here. Should be a very tense next couple of chapters involving all the players, although Trevor and Shane will get to know each other very soon.

Yep, being blond near Trevor at the moment puts one at hazard of becoming a few inches shorter.

Thanks for the Chapter CJ :2thumbs:

I do have to declare a cliffhanger because their is this big question hanging over Shane and Trevor on if Shane is gay or not. It is once again left unresolved :thumbdown:.

One thing that I kind of picked out as a clue, that CJ I imagine hid in the dialog was when Mr. Blake hesitated when Trevor said he had relatives inland. Trevor always very quick with his quips to Joel about not taking Atlantis over land, so why did Mr. Blake hesitate? Is there something he knows and is not letting on?

I agree Dark Prince with wanting it to be Tuesday already. Any chance anyone know how we can play an April Fools Joke on CJ and make him think tomorrow is actually Tuesday? :ph34r:

Cliffhanger?!!?? But I never use cliffhangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been hiding a great many clues over the past few chapters. Clues to many things... ^_^

He may be gullible, but I don't think he's that gullible.

Who? Me? LoL.

shhh benji sheesh someone from texas might hear ya hahaha sorry i have to pick at people i like

Texas? If you mean me, I'm in Arizona. :P

I'm wondering two things.. Does Martin live in Northam? He certainly reacted when Trevor mentioned the town and I'm Australian so not too sure on the date of "Thanksgiving" but could the meal be for that?? This story just gets better and better :2thumbs:

Thanks!

Martin is mentioned as living near Geraldton; he drove up to meet the guys, and I'd sure hate to try that from Northam, which is inland from Perth (and a couple of days drive each way from Shark Bay).

Google says Thanksgiving Day in Australia is in May. However, the next day is a Thursday. Thanksgiving Day, in the US as we all should know, is on a Thursday. What is in that package?

I wonder if the title of the coming chapter might relate to it? I hope not...

The title of chapter 71 is Cabra Borracho

For those who don't know what it means, no worries: it's explained in the chapter. 0:)

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting

I Googled “Cabra Borracho Wikipedia”

I auto translated and lightly skimmed the first listing

1. Sileno - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

- [ Translate this page ]

-

I would use the following keywords for the article

Goat Horney Drunken Satyr etal etc

Edited by glsswm

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..