The Canuks just took game 2 in overtime. The winning goal was essentially an individual effort on the part of Alex Burrows. Burrows of course is the infamous Biter!

Frankly, I was disappointed with the play of both teams. I mean this is the Stanley Cup. Neither team seems to have that killer instinct. Vancouver's play, particularly the first 15 minutes of the second period, was just pathetic.

To end this post on a happy note, at least for me, I have a joke for Steve. What's the difference between a bra and the Calgary Flames?

A bra has 2 cups! :2thumbs:

This one ain't over yet.

• Site Administrator

To end this post on a happy note, at least for me, I have a joke for Steve. What's the difference between a bra and the Calgary Flames?

A bra has 2 cups! :2thumbs:

Um, er, ah..........:angry:

What's the difference between the Vancouver Canucks and a jockstrap? A jockstrap has one cup :)

There, I feel much better now :D

Um, er, ah..........:angry:

What's the difference between the Vancouver Canucks and a jockstrap? A jockstrap has one cup :)

There, I feel much better now :D

:lmao:

I knew I left myself open for payback.

• Site Administrator

Then to add insult to injury, the should have been suspended biter gets the overtime goal :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by wildone
  • Like 1

Now, now, no whining please.

I seem to remember Chara breaking someone's neck while in the process of interfering with that player. The NHL called it a legitimate hit even though it was interference. No suspension.

Justice arrives when it arrives.

I don't think you can really compare the Chara hit with Burrows biting someone though. I mean, I hated Chara's hit on Pacioretty and thought he should have been suspended but "intent" there is much more questionable that when Burrows bit Bergeron. Burrows bit him. Not really sure why he needs to be suspended, but that's just me.

First off: Boston absolutely embarrassed Vancouver. :D

Second: Tim Thomas is a beast.

Third: I am utterly appalled at how classless Vancouver played tonight. They showed that cheap-shotting is a part of how they play (at least in this series).

Fourth: If the NHL had done what should have been done with Baby Burrows biting like a 3 year old, this kind of stuff wouldn't have happened. When you allow little kiddies to run wild, this is what happens.

Anyway, I can't wait for Game 4. I can not remember watching a series with this much intensity and bad blood between the two teams.

I heard the suspension is supposed to be several games, but are they playoff games or are they season games for next year?

I am hoping for another parade, so I can get my Jersey collection complete, Pats 01 and 04 (didn't get 03 for some reason), Red Sox 04, Celtics 08, and now hopefully Bruins 2011 :)

I heard the suspension is supposed to be several games, but are they playoff games or are they season games for next year?

I am hoping for another parade, so I can get my Jersey collection complete, Pats 01 and 04 (didn't get 03 for some reason), Red Sox 04, Celtics 08, and now hopefully Bruins 2011 :)

If this series goes 7, Rome starts next year with a clean slate. Otherwise, he will be suspended for the first 1 or 2 games next year. Unless they're specifically phrased as being for a specific round of the playoffs (like Matt Cooke's), a suspension treats regular season and playoff games identically, and carries over to the next season, if necessary.

And what about Sox '07?

If this series goes 7, Rome starts next year with a clean slate. Otherwise, he will be suspended for the first 1 or 2 games next year. Unless they're specifically phrased as being for a specific round of the playoffs (like Matt Cooke's), a suspension treats regular season and playoff games identically, and carries over to the next season, if necessary.

And what about Sox '07?

Thanks for the clarification,

True about the Sox, but I thought our first win was worth remembering more. We went from a 3-0 series to a complete washout for the Yankees. Seriously, I stayed up to midnight each night for the games and even began shouting until my throat became extremely sore and I had my high school final presentations.

Now back to Hockey:

Bruins and Canucks are tied 2-2, we have the momentum in the series, but the Canucks have the home advantage, which could turn the tide again. I am hoping that we can win the next game with our current momentum. Even if the Bruins have to face game 7, we'll be back at home and it will make parade preparation easier. :D

Bruins and Canucks are tied 2-2, we have the momentum in the series, but the Canucks have the home advantage, which could turn the tide again. I am hoping that we can win the next game with our current momentum. Even if the Bruins have to face game 7, we'll be back at home and it will make parade preparation easier. :D

Game 7 would be in Vancouver. It's game 6 that's back in Boston. I wish now I hadn't promised my cousin he could buy my 2nd seat at face value if we made the finals - tickets in my section are going for upwards of $1200 for game 6!

The big question now for Van is who to start in goal in game 5. If you go with Schneider and he chokes under the spotlight (or hurts himself failing to stop a penalty shot like he did in round 1), can you count on Luongo to bounce back at the TD Garden where he just let up 12 goals in just over 4 periods? On the other hand, do you come back with Luongo now and risk that his cold streak continues and game 5 features more of the same?

Posted Image

I don't think they'll make Schneider start. It is too important a game. Luongo isn't playing his best but I'm more comfortable in believing that he can regroup than in Schneider being able to step up and steal a game if needed.

One more one more one more one more one more!!!

Bruins 0-1 Canucks

Well, we kept it a low scoring game against the NHL's best scoring team :P

Blue, We will have a game 7 in Vancouver, damn.

I was hoping for that one to be in Boston, but we got to keep the faith.

P.S: I will give you $1,500 if you want to unload your seat or seats :D

Expect a lot of car honking and cheering during the night. :D

That's what my ear plugs are for and theirs actually not a lot by the place I live...downtown will be madness though. But you never know the bruins are bad ass they could steal the cups from the canucks...