• Site Administrator

Well a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the Boston Bruins :2thumbs:

I personally think that the better team won in this case. Two evenly matched team, but the better team that scored more goals, and won more games won the series.

Vancouver did a great job but unfortunately the ones that got them to the President's Cup win were absent in the majority of the Stanley Cup Series. The twins and their goalie simply did not play up to their potential.

Boston had a lot to their advantage...more experienced Stanley Cup players, more even lines between their first line and fourth line, more emotionally involved in the games.

One thing to think about Vancouver fans, back when Calgary first went to the Stanley Cup, they lost to Montreal and Calgary was the President's Cup winners. The very next year the came back and won in their second appearance in their second visit in two years against Montreal again. You learn from your mistakes and the only way you get better is by learning by your mistakes from experience. I seriously hope they have better luck and come ready for next year.

Personally I did not understand the fans of Vancouver booing Bettman, he didn't win the cup for Boston. Then to throw garbage at the Bruins as they are celebrating with the cup, that is a first in the NHL history. Not something to be proud of.

You are seldom judge by how graceful of a winner you are, but how graceful of a loser you are.

But once again, better luck next year.

Finally, Congrats again to the 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!!!!!

The Boston Bruins

I've seen the Patriots win 3 Super Bowls, the Red Sox win 2 World Series titles, and Celtics win an NBA Championship, and now the Bruins win a Stanley Cup. The Stanley Cup is by far my most memorable of the 7 championships over the last 10 years.

Posted Image

Oh, and I do believe this makes me the back-to-back GA NHL Playoffs Pool champion, does it not? :D

Vancouver fans, it's hard to be upset with a team that has a player as hot as this (Tyler Seguin)

:Posted Image

Posted Image

Yum!

It was a great series; Bostonians had tempered optimism before the game; I won't lie, it could have gone either way. Well, it's close to four decades for Boston, but it was worth it.

To Canadians: Well, you guys had the majority of power plays in the 7th game as all the sports analyst thought would happen. However, nothing was scored during them for you guys, so I mean you really can't blame the Bruins for playing perfect defense. One of those goals was actually knocked in by accident through the collision during your power play.

• Site Administrator

Sadly, the hockey game ends and the news turns to the rioting and flipping and burning of cars in the streets of Vancouver.

I hate that some bad apples will tarnish a great city overall :(

Sadly, the hockey game ends and the news turns to the rioting and flipping and burning of cars in the streets of Vancouver.

I hate that some bad apples will tarnish a great city overall :(

And the Boston fans celebrate with class! Posted Image

• Site Administrator

Okay, the tallies are in..............................

Drumroll please :P

Mandartiania (aka Maria)-------- 0 + 0 + 0 +0 = 0 points

Bumblebee (aka Bee)-------- 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0 points

Mark Arbour (aka Mark)-------- 15 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 15 points

Prince Duchess (aka Princy)-------- 20 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 20 points

Red_A------------ 25 + 5 + 0 + 0 = 30 points

TommyB ------- 30 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 30 points

Ramon (aka Ramon :P ) -------- 25 + 5 + 5 + 0 = 35 points

Rakuten06 (aka John)-------- 25 + 10 + 5 + 0 = 35 points

Krista (aka Gurl)------- 30 + 5 + 5 + 0 = 40 points

TrevorTime (aka Trevor)------- 30 + 10 + 0 + 0 = 40 points

Julian Alexander ----- 35 +10 + 0 + 0 = 45 points

And In sole position for First Place

Tet Refine (Matt) 35 + 10 + 5 + 5 = 55 points

A couple of points on Matt's victory:

• 2nd year in a row that Matt has won :2thumbs:
  • Matt was the only contestant to guess Boston as the winner :2thumbs:
  • He will don a Canucks jersey just to show he is a good sport :2thumbs:
Okay, the last one maybe pushing it too far 0:)

Please join me on congratulating TetRefine on his win :worship:.

Kudo's go to Julian for a close second and to Trevor and Krista for a close third (especially since Krista is a gurl :P )

I hope everyone had fun this year and stick around for next years pool. Will be interesting if someone can dethrone the :king:

Do I get Tyler Seguin as my prize for winning? Posted Image

And sorry, you will never see me in 3 jerseys: A Yankees jersey, a Canadiens jersey, and now a Vancouver jersey. :P

Oh yes, and I'm now a double Posted ImagePosted Image.

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 1

Personally I did not understand the fans of Vancouver booing Bettman, he didn't win the cup for Boston. Then to throw garbage at the Bruins as they are celebrating with the cup, that is a first in the NHL history. Not something to be proud of.

Bettman gets soundly booed no matter which arena he's in or the circumstances. Had Vancouver won, he still would've been booed.

I can't wait for opening day next year!

Interesting picture amongst the Vancouver riots last night.

Make Love, Not Riots

It would have been more powerful if they were two guys and one was wearing a Canucks jersey and the other a bruins jersey. About 16,000 people showed up downtown today to clean up the mess. I feel sorry for the bruins fan who was killed by being shoved of the bridge. The police has confirmed the rioters were actually black bloc criminals in jerseys who decided to riot regardless of a win or loss.

I'm actually really embarrassed as a Canadian for what happened.

It's a shame that the rioting happened again.

I'm not really an avid hockey fan, but Michael Ryder is a Newfoundlander, so to me it didn't matter -- both would be a win in my books, as a supporter. :P

In any case, congrats to the winners and their fans. (:

• Site Administrator

I want to take this opportunity to put out a huge Thanks to TetRefine (Matt) who has decided to make a donation for the ongoing operation of GA instead of choosing to receive a Premium Membership.

Today a donation was made on Matt's behalf to GA.

Please join me in congratulating Matt not only on his win, but also his contribution to GA for all of us. :worship:

Thank you so much!!!!

• 3 weeks later...