So finally ready to start the new story - it isn't quite done yet but I am quite far into - far enough that unless folks hate it, I plan to finish it. It is somewhat dark, and somewhat violent at parts. I am still not sure if folks will enjoy it so feed back is really appreciated, at least to start.

The idea came to life when I was chatting with Jian about this idea - I called it a Purpose with power.

Gar is something of a tortured soul, who has choked off most of his emotions and feelings after the Purpose found him. He's basically accepted his fate and just gets on with it.

This is going to be at least a two part story - maybe more. Right now I will post once a week, have to settle on a day - Probably won't be Saturdays after today.

So here is a link - leave a review, chat me up here whatever.

Thanks

Andy

Purpose: Chapter 1

• Like 1

So finally ready to start the new story - it isn't quite done yet but I am quite far into - far enough that unless folks hate it, I plan to finish it. It is somewhat dark, and somewhat violent at parts. I am still not sure if folks will enjoy it so feed back is really appreciated, at least to start.

The idea came to life when I was chatting with Jian about this idea - I called it a Purpose with power.

Gar is something of a tortured soul, who has choked off most of his emotions and feelings after the Purpose found him. He's basically accepted his fate and just gets on with it.

This is going to be at least a two part story - maybe more. Right now I will post once a week, have to settle on a day - Probably won't be Saturdays after today.

So here is a link - leave a review, chat me up here whatever.

Thanks

Andy

Purpose: Chapter 1

OOOH! Gar can say that he lost his emotions as much as he wants.. but with the amt of hatred he harbours for those who kills innocents, i'd just say he's VERY VERY emotional :P no matter how much he thinks he isnt! :P :P

• Like 1

That is different. More, please.

The dead innocent is avenged, but still dead. What more can Gar do?

More will be revealed as we go along, but there are definite spirits in this world so they call out for vengeance. An eye for an eye is perfectly acceptable. At least to Gar. 0:)

Thanks for reading Mike.

Andy

• Like 2

Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in I'm in :D

If you thread to stop writing this story ever again I will call out all the spirits of venegance and haunt you down.

As for the start and the consept, it is really interesting, the setting and the themes and make this a really interesting start. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it. **whispers: is there gonna be a desperate love story between athe mystery human and this spirit?**

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

• Like 1

urgh.... I'm not finished Second Shot yet <_<

Don't worry Bee, this has a ways to go before it's all posted.B)

Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in I'm in :D

If you thread to stop writing this story ever again I will call out all the spirits of venegance and haunt you down.

As for the start and the consept, it is really interesting, the setting and the themes and make this a really interesting start. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it. **whispers: is there gonna be a desperate love story between athe mystery human and this spirit?**

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Nope not planning to shut this down, just wanted to see if it worked, but this chapter is different from most - there will only be a few 1st person Journal entry chapters. The rest will be third Person from the Main Characters POV.

Love story? Moi? Kinda sorta, but yes there will be some of that - though... er nevermind, I've said enough. :whistle:

Maria... as if he's going to tell us. You know how cruel and unusual he is :)

I love this story and it's only the first chapter

Well Nephy you don't spill the beans either - must be a lawyer thingy.

The next half dozen chapters or so will not be a journal type entry, but they will - I hope - keep some of the dark feel to them.

Thanks all for reading and commenting - I was a bit unsure about this despite, Anyta, Jian and Frosty telling me to post it. Yeah yeah I know, insecurity is a gay man's specialty I think.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the second chapter, Andy. We learned a lot more about Gar, but not without learning how little we still know.

His memory of his earlier life has caused him to take action to save an innocent person rather than waiting for some unseen force to direct him to take revenge.

I'm looking forward to next Thursday.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the second chapter, Andy. We learned a lot more about Gar, but not without learning how little we still know.

His memory of his earlier life has caused him to take action to save an innocent person rather than waiting for some unseen force to direct him to take revenge.

I'm looking forward to next Thursday.

Thanks Mike, always good to hear from you.

Gar's life is about to change. I can't say for the better or worse but it is about to change - dramatically. the trick for me is to maintain character properly, he is not as I mentioned Peter Gregory on Steroids. There is not the nurturing side that Peter had. At least not anymore. May have to explore his prior life a bit in this, we'll see.

Again, thanks for the comments :)

Andy

• Like 2

Change? :P just change?? :o

Frosty, Frosty Frosty,

After all this time did you really expect me to give stuff away??? (Must be the red hair color :P )

I am going with things are gonna change, that's it. :)

PS the red hair is quite fetching. I like. What does Hubs say?

• Like 1

Thanks to all who commented so far - MikeL, Charlieecho, swscratch. Frosty, Anyta, will you both count, we talked before posting so you already know how grateful I am. - on chapter 2.

I suppose I am a tad spoiled after Second Shot but I did expect a bit more of a reaction, good or bad. Especially after the number of reviews for the first chapter. Sooo, fully aware I am whining, if you read this and read the story, could you drop me a note. As I've said to my beta readers and editors, this is a bit different type of story for me so i am particularly keen to hear how people are reacting to it. Because if the general reaction is "meh" I have other things to work on that might be more interesting to folks.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Frosty, Frosty Frosty,

After all this time did you really expect me to give stuff away??? (Must be the red hair color :P )

I am going with things are gonna change, that's it. :)

PS the red hair is quite fetching. I like. What does Hubs say?

Thanks Andy! Hubby loved it! Black and red on me is a favourite of both him and me:D lol

anyway...

No i didnt expect u to give anything away.. its just that It's hard to NOT comment on ur thread.. also, I'm at a loss of what to say! so.... welll :P

I am not so good at being cryptic, i'll leave that to u.. i just wanted to remind people That I at least know a BIT more than them ATM ;):lol:

So, basically the Red colour has made me a bit of a tease? ;) i suppose :devil:

• Like 1

Thanks to all who commented so far - MikeL, Charlieecho, swscratch. Frosty, Anyta, will you both count, we talked before posting so you already know how grateful I am. - on chapter 2.

I suppose I am a tad spoiled after Second Shot but I did expect a bit more of a reaction, good or bad. Especially after the number of reviews for the first chapter. Sooo, fully aware I am whining, if you read this and read the story, could you drop me a note. As I've said to my beta readers and editors, this is a bit different type of story for me so i am particularly keen to hear how people are reacting to it. Because if the general reaction is "meh" I have other things to work on that might be more interesting to folks.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

like i said earlier, and will say again.. sometimes different is good :) just think of it this way, this story shows us just how good u are.. i mean.. the versatality is not everyone's forte! and this being a completely diff genre, building a diff fan following will probably take some time... BUT we know how good you are, and well.. so does the other people and so, it will get there...

Purpose is so very different from Second Shot, that no one expected THIS from u! :) and i'm saying that as a GOOD thing :)

Did i sound really weird? anyway... for a more Frosty like reaction...

I love it andy, and i'm sure people will love it too! u just give them some time :D :D :D and well.. second shot had diff tags to the story and there are people who dont venture out of those tags.. so.. u just wait and hang on for the tag hunters to find this awesome story and latch onto it! :D

:hug: just dont abandon it.. please?? :D

Frosty

• Like 1

Chapter Three is up: Purpose Chaper 3.

Thanks to all who've commented, much appreciated. Those who read but haven't, toss me a bone and say hello. 0:)

I think the I would like to ask for a bit of help. I haven't been give chapter titles, so how about those who are reading suggest some and I'll probably use them. But Chapter 1 is a Journal entry so it is simple Journal Entry 39-24. Thus only Chapters two and three need names.

Thanks

• Like 1

Chapter Three is up: Purpose Chaper 3.

Thanks to all who've commented, much appreciated. Those who read but haven't, toss me a bone and say hello. 0:)

I think the I would like to ask for a bit of help. I haven't been give chapter titles, so how about those who are reading suggest some and I'll probably use them. But Chapter 1 is a Journal entry so it is simple Journal Entry 39-24. Thus only Chapters two and three need names.

Thanks

Hey Andy,

I'm not really good at thinking up titles, but I figured I'd help out just in case, you know, I managed to get lucky :)

Chapter 2 - Memories of David or Gar Remembers

Chapter 3 - The Chase or Accidental Hero

**shrugs** I tried :P

• Like 1

Hey Andy,

I'm not really good at thinking up titles, but I figured I'd help out just in case, you know, I managed to get lucky :)

Chapter 2 - Memories of David or Gar Remembers

Chapter 3 - The Chase or Accidental Hero

**shrugs** I tried :P

Not sure I am going to use either BUT Memories alone might work. Appreciate the help - especially since I am feeling so lazy :P

• Like 2

hey... :D i thought I'd toss in my ideas as well :D :D

Chapter 2: like Jian said, and u agreed, Memories. or even 'Ryan' should work me thinks...

Chapter 3: 'The Rescue'.. maybe? :) whaddya think?

I think I kinda like memories but well saying why I might not want to use this chapter just yet might give away too much.

What do you think about Emotions of a Different Life?

And for 3 what about 'You know what time it is." That is what thugs say to their victims just before they Rob them. Since that was used in the chapter, maybe that? The problem with the Rescue is it is so descriptive. That and it tells what is going to happen before you read the chapter.

Come on people help the Queen of Andyland out here :P

• Like 1

What do you think about Emotions of a Different Life?

And for 3 what about 'You know what time it is." That is what thugs say to their victims just before they Rob them. Since that was used in the chapter, maybe that? The problem with the Rescue is it is so descriptive. That and it tells what is going to happen before you read the chapter.

Come on people help the Queen of Andyland out here ../../public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

1) Sorry, sounds too explainy to me. But I haven't read one up here I like yet.

2) The title for 3 is a bit to long-winded. Try for shorter.

Like: It's time.

Okay, my suggestions (which aren't necessarily any better, but here you go):

For 2-- Him (I think that's self-explanatory why I think that works! :P )

For 3-- Need To Go

(which is part of the dialogue at the end part--could work in terms of Gar's Need to suddenly help and go to Ryan, and at the end when they need to go away from crime scene).

:D

• Like 1

1) Sorry, sounds too explainy to me. But I haven't read one up here I like yet.

Point of clarification - is there something wrong with a title that is a bit explainy. Because it actually could refer to lots of things with Gar

2) The title for 3 is a bit to long-winded. Try for shorter.

Like: It's time.

Shorter won't work. You know what time it is - has specific meaning OTHER than the obvious which is spelled out in the chapter - so it can't be shortened without obliterating the mean :/

Okay, my suggestions (which aren't necessarily any better, but here you go):

For 2-- Him (I think that's self-explanatory why I think that works! :P )

For 3-- Need To Go

(which is part of the dialogue at the end part--could work in terms of Gar's Need to suddenly help and go to Ryan, and at the end when they need to go away from crime scene).

:D

Meh - still got nothing - and surprise surprise - I like mine best still LOL. yes I know I am narcissistic author wanna be. :P