**bites the Q-Man**

U keep shooting our NICE suggestions down!

Stop with the hints, and tell us already!!! :P (well, not really, but i HAD to say!) lol

Y'ah know, I could just tell you what's gonna happen and then not have to write the darn thing :P

• Like 1

:D

I feel like I am on the last post win's thread with all the emoticons and so few words.

But I know better than to challenge the King Bee on that issue. We both know the Bee always wins. 0:)

lol, yes and don't we both know it :P

and now as soon as I finish "A New Life" I will be reading Purpose :)

• Like 1

Ok time for me to gatecra...I mean say hello to this thread :whistle:

Read all 5 chapters last night before going to bed, (I would have reviewed 3-5 but my brain was tired :P ) and I must say I'm enjoying where this is going, Gar has a lot of explaining to do. Ryan/Will is almost as mysterious as Gar maybe more so in ways because we get glimpses into Gar's life, about the differences between his past and now. All we have to go on is Gar's instincts about Ryan.

Nicely done so far Andy. Keep it up :):hug: (Yes it's worthy of a hug :P )lol

• Like 1

Ok time for me to gatecra...I mean say hello to this thread :whistle:

Read all 5 chapters last night before going to bed, (I would have reviewed 3-5 but my brain was tired :P ) and I must say I'm enjoying where this is going, Gar has a lot of explaining to do. Ryan/Will is almost as mysterious as Gar maybe more so in ways because we get glimpses into Gar's life, about the differences between his past and now. All we have to go on is Gar's instincts about Ryan.

Nicely done so far Andy. Keep it up :):hug: (Yes it's worthy of a hug :P )lol

I liked this part best: :hug:LOL

Ryan/Will? I believe you mean their being a couple, cause Will is Gar's real name. Ryan is definitely the mystery here, I don't want to shift perspectives because then I would have to detail his thoughts and that would ruin a bit of the suspense I am trying to build. I hope I don't telegraph it and everyone figures it out before the end, but no promises :P

Thanks Stuart for the post, glad you are liking it.

Andy

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while - two weeks to be exact but I had a few things going on last week and this slipped my mine. Here is Chapter 6

This one we learn a bit more about Will, the incident report and there is a bit more about Ryan and his thoughts.

Sorry for the delay.

Andy

• Like 1

So Ryan inadvertantly likes the older man ;):P

Nice chapter Andy, enjoying how this story is panning out and I'm a whore for anything fantasy or sci fi hehe so good job with that too :P (that whore comment is in relation to stories nothing else 0:) ) :lol:

• Like 1

So Ryan inadvertantly likes the older man ;):P

Nice chapter Andy, enjoying how this story is panning out and I'm a whore for anything fantasy or sci fi hehe so good job with that too :P (that whore comment is in relation to stories nothing else 0:) ) :lol:

Well as you say it was totally inadvertent, he thought they were about the same age - as for the other comment - well I'm gonna just same nothing - it's safer for me that way 0:)

Thanks for the comments Stu.

Andy

• Like 1

Last time I said something about no one commenting here, I got a bit of grief - of the good-natured variety to be sure - about expectations. That said, I might be wasting the energy it took to type this because so few will read it. But being the hopeful sort, I am going with - folks are reading but have no comments. :)

So after that rambling preamble, on to the substance: As you who are faithful readers know, this is set in DC. Thus far we've see Clay Terrace, Minnesota Avenue Metro Station, MPD Headquarters, Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, and we are about to see a few more places in upcoming chapters.

I got it in my head that it might be interesting to get photographs of some of the places I am talking about and insert them into the story. Though I will surely NOT wander into Clay Terrace or some of the other Neighborhoods Gar goes to for vengeance.

I was going to do this with the later chapters of Second Shot, as in finding places that reminded me of Peter's Apartment complex or the school or the coffee shop etc. But never got around to it. But this one is still new enough that I possibly squeeze it in.

Thoughts?

Andy

• Like 1

Well, for better or worse-here 'we' are!:lol:

Ch, 1

What a hell of a 'trip' it would be to be able to do the Gar thing.0:) sorry

This chapter could have been titled "Charlie Bronson scores!" (and I can't WAIT for the sequels)

You're probably going to hear people question whether or not Gar isn't just as wrong/bad as the dirtbags he's taking out. I wouldn't be one of those.:2hands:

Great start, Andy! Thanks.

• Like 1

Well, for better or worse-here 'we' are!:lol:

Ch, 1

What a hell of a 'trip' it would be to be able to do the Gar thing.0:) sorry

This chapter could have been titled "Charlie Bronson scores!" (and I can't WAIT for the sequels)

You're probably going to hear people question whether or not Gar isn't just as wrong/bad as the dirtbags he's taking out. I wouldn't be one of those.:2hands:

Great start, Andy! Thanks.

Thus far I have not heard anything of the - Gar's evil - but once you read the rest of the chapters, you can let me know if you are still not one of those - he might be a bit rough still :P

I think, if you've only read chapter 1 you're in for a bit of a surprise going forward. The rest is not going to be all like Chapter 1 - though there will be other 'like' chapters - I might just name a future chapter after CB - in your honor of course :P

Thanks for stopping by -

Andy

• Like 1

Several chappys :lol: later, I find myself at the end of chapter 4. What an exciting trip this has been, Andy!

I can't help but want to take custody of Ryan myself. And I assure you that I would be as honorable as Gar was! (well as long as Gar is)!:lmao:

I'm quite intrigued by the powers that 'drive' , for lack of a better description, Gar. And I'm curious as to why he told Ryan that his (Gar's) name is William Morgan.

Oh Hell--I'm just lost! :( Maybe. :D

Thanks, Andy.

manna

• Like 1

Okaaaaay!

:) Hey, I'm curious about where you get your ideas for your stories from. Do you get inspired by other things you've read or seen? Or do crazy dreams morph into storylines? I mean, Gar/Will is a unique character--and I'm, well, just curious how he came to you.

Also, :P I totally love being one of the first to read each chappy, hehehehe. The rest of these guys have quite a treat ahead of them!

Sweet!

• Like 1

Okaaaaay!

:) Hey, I'm curious about where you get your ideas for your stories from. Do you get inspired by other things you've read or seen? Or do crazy dreams morph into storylines? I mean, Gar/Will is a unique character--and I'm, well, just curious how he came to you.

No this was not a crazy dream morphed into a story. I am a total geek, a geek who has a twenty five minute walk to the metro. I have nothing to do so my mind wanders often. This one - Purpose - came to me after seeing Watchmen - I loved the Rorschach charter - he was sort of a vigilante but he had no real power to speak of. So the Gar image resembles him a tad. As for the rest, IDK. I actually started this talking to Jian last fall about it. He seemed interested so I played with it some and wrote the sneak peak, filing it away. Some of the detail came as a result of some in depth conversations with my beta - she who shall remain nameless but whose initials are AnytaSunday 0:)

This one isn't as crazy as some others I have had, but it is definitely NOT Second Shot lite LOL :read:

Sweet!

Just sweet? Not sweet as? :blink:

Well I asked an no one answered, so I assume no one is really interested in seeing the places I am writing about in this and other chapters of Purpose. Yeah I guess this is me whining a bit - if folks were interested they'd have said so and I was kinda thinking of doing it, but if it isn't interesting to ANYONE seems a bit of a waste.

Of course now that I whined, someone(s) will chime in saying - 'me me me' but me thinks the mood hath passed me by :/

• Like 1

Well I asked an no one answered, so I assume no one is really interested in seeing the places I am writing about in this and other chapters of Purpose. Yeah I guess this is me whining a bit - if folks were interested they'd have said so and I was kinda thinking of doing it, but if it isn't interesting to ANYONE seems a bit of a waste.

Of course now that I whined, someone(s) will chime in saying - 'me me me' but me thinks the mood hath passed me buy ../../public/style_emoticons/default/sceptic.gif

Oh crap, has the mood really passed? I'd like to see pictures. :) Well, I've seen one of Berry Farms (haha, and it wasn't full of berrries and fruit or a warehouse that sold that stuff like I first thought, :P )

I'd like to 'see' places of this story, for sure.

Actually, the cemetery in a later chapter I'd like a picture of too.

Hey, I have a suggestion, don't know if it can be done, but maybe--is it possible to link an actual word in your story that mentions the place so people can click right there and then to get a visual if they want. That way it's optional, but easily accessible? I think this is what I might do from now on, if it works.

Oh, 'cause that'd be Sweet As. :P

:)

Edited by AnytaSunday
  • Like 1