Things are moving along - err slowly on the next chapter. Not having the best time with it. It's more people oriented and I don't have the same feel for the people involved as I did before - I think I might cheat a bit and just have other characters talk about what happened later on. Not sure just yet, but I'm working on it. Promise. B)

• Like 1

More people oriented, huh. The whole family dynamics, I suppose. Well, if you get stuck, write the scene after and come back to it. :) And if you're really, really stuck, I'm always happy to read what you have so far and chit-chat it out. :)

• Like 1

Chapter 13 goes down as a very well written and presented piece of the story, Andy. I just LOVE it when rude and cocky people 0:) get their comeuppance! yay

Then to finish off with warm and cuddly feelings-aww-almost too much.

Can Barrington really be that dumb? How many examples does he need to be shown before he wises up to the fact that he cannot have Gar?

Thanks, Andy. :music:

• Like 1

Chapter 13 goes down as a very well written and presented piece of the story, Andy. I just LOVE it when rude and cocky people 0:) get their comeuppance! yay

Then to finish off with warm and cuddly feelings-aww-almost too much.

Can Barrington really be that dumb? How many examples does he need to be shown before he wises up to the fact that he cannot have Gar?

Thanks, Andy. :music:

Barrington can't wrap his mind around what Gar is enough to know he's got no chance. But he's going to keep trying I suppose, when you see gold at the end of the rainbow, you can't take your eyes off the goal.

Thanks for the other comments on the chapter. Some chapters are easier to write than others, this was one of the easier ones :)

• Like 1

Purpose: Chapter 14 is posted. There is a special appearance by our good friend KC - Grim. He being the winner help Andy get to 1000 posts.

I'd say this is about the half way point in the story.

Oh yeah, GA Stories had a brain fart when I posted chapter 13 and counted it twice. So while the Chapter count reads 15, I'm only up to 14. Sorry for the confusion.

Andy

• Like 1

Another fantastic chapter, Andy!

The fight was superb-bad guys down again! I think I am going to be disappointed farther into the story if Will dominates over Gar. :wacko: I really do love the action!

Checked my notes and can't find 'Jake'. Is this my mistake or is this his first appearance in the story? Sometimes I'm into the 'tiny bubbles' when I read, so it's not unheard of for me to miss some things now and then.:lmao:

Thanks, Andy!:boy:

• Like 1

Another fantastic chapter, Andy!

The fight was superb-bad guys down again! I think I am going to be disappointed farther into the story if Will dominates over Gar. :wacko: I really do love the action!

Checked my notes and can't find 'Jake'. Is this my mistake or is this his first appearance in the story? Sometimes I'm into the 'tiny bubbles' when I read, so it's not unheard of for me to miss some things now and then.:lmao:

Thanks, Andy!:boy:

Chapter 10 the later part. Jake meets will while he's on the Univ of MD campus collecting his thoughts.

Then the beginning of chapter 11 Ryan is upset that Will met 'Jake'

So not the first appearance. Probably not the last either. But I'm not saying for sure. 0:)

Also, I don't think Gar's 'disappearance' if that happens would stop any of the action. I think it's gonna shift. Remember, when did Gar care about saving people? Except for Ryan of course but that's a different issue all together. ^_^

• Like 2

Guess that means that I received an 'F' in this term? I'll take it-the bubbles are so soothing anyway.:lmao:

No sir, there are no "F" award in Q'Topolis - I could make it a rule if you like, but as Master and Commander of my little sovereignty here on the web, my word is law. :P

Though I must confess I didn't get the bubbles comment, maybe it's me who gets an "F" :blink:

• Like 2

No sir, there are no "F" award in Q'Topolis - I could make it a rule if you like, but as Master and Commander of my little sovereignty here on the web, my word is law. :P

Though I must confess I didn't get the bubbles comment, maybe it's me who gets an "F" :blink:

You must think *Hawaiian*, Andy. Singer Don Ho's most famous song is "Tiny Bubbles" and the first few words are: "Tiny bubbles in the wine, make me happy, make me feel fine".:music:

• Like 1

Sorry for it being at truly the 11th hour - 11:59 to be exact - but had parenting class tonight - I mean didn't Mike know that Thursday was posting day when he schedule us for parenting classes on Thursdays?? :P

Anyway, Chapter 15 is up. Things are coming to a head, and it is probably well past the time for Will to figure out the mystery that is Ryan. I expect it will happen soon - like 3-4 chapters soon. But what do I know anyway? 0:)

• Like 1

Chapter 17 ends:

No one died tonight. I let him live. He didn't deserve to be punished any more. God help everyone if I'm wrong.

Yes Will is worried but he came to decision that the man who was tried, convicted and served his time, didn't deserve to be punished any more.

What was also implied, was that his victim was incapable of seeing that justice was done.

IT has been somehow more accomodating in the small variations that Will has made since hooking up with Ryan, but letting the perp live because justice was already served, may be beyond IT's parameters. Consequences could be devastating for Will.

• Like 1

Chapter 17 ends:

No one died tonight. I let him live. He didn't deserve to be punished any more. God help everyone if I'm wrong.

Yes Will is worried but he came to decision that the man who was tried, convicted and served his time, didn't deserve to be punished any more.

What was also implied, was that his victim was incapable of seeing that justice was done.

IT has been somehow more accomodating in the small variations that Will has made since hooking up with Ryan, but letting the perp live because justice was already served, may be beyond IT's parameters. Consequences could be devastating for Will.

You are correct, and Will is rightfully concerned that what he did might have dire implications. He once told Ryan that is madness over took him, those closest to him were most at risk. So he is worried, but still - if you read Goodbye, in Pieces of Purpose,, you'll note there, when Will refused - at least initially, the pull got stronger and the need greater. That is clearly lacking here, so he is cautiously optimistic. Then again, he did tell Phillip Greer, he might be back. Justice might be satisfied, but maybe no so Vengeance. So we'll need to wait and see next chapter.

Thanks for reading and commenting Dave, I do so like the back and forth, this one is a bit different from the teen/college agnst thingy I've done before so I like that folks are engaged in the plot/story line.

Andy

• Like 1

Another post to my lonely forum - y'all ain't popping in and leave me near enough messages. I'm having Mark Arbour envy these days.

Okay so Chapter 18 is and yeah I left y'all on a high steep cliff. Sorry - err well not really. 0:)

Okay so just checking, those of you who do read and comment here - B-man, Phana, MikeL Conner, Dave, don't think I missed anyone who regularly posts here - well of course Anyta but she won't count for this question. Do people prefer I leave a note here with the chapter link or do you come here after you read the chapter? I mean it's like I have to come up with a witty Chapter Note, End Note, Status Update AND Forum announcement. There are only so many good lines in a week and I seem to waste them all on just one chapter. So if this isn't helping anyone, I can cut this out.

[Yes, this is a shameless way to get comments. :P ]

Andy

• Like 1

I tend to shy away from most stories that have any kind of "supernatural" element in them just because I find that most of them fall into one of two undesirable categories:

1) Said supernatural element is WAY too over-the-top. That turns me off to the story right quick.

2) Said supernatural element is...well...not very interesting, which means the story as a whole probably isn't, either. :P

But every now and then, I find one that's pretty darned good that I can really get into. And this is one of those pretty darned good stories! :2thumbs:

The progression of Will's and Ryan's relationship, combined with Will/Gar's role in seeking a kind of justice for those who have been undeservedly killed, has made for quite an interesting read thus far. Maybe it's just me though, but I get kind of a "foreboding" sense that a major (possibly unpleasant) event might be coming soon. I dunno, I just get this feeling that something will be coming after Will, Gar, Ryan, or maybe even both. I feel like I'm waiting for "that shoe" to drop now...

• Like 1

I tend to shy away from most stories that have any kind of "supernatural" element in them just because I find that most of them fall into one of two undesirable categories:

1) Said supernatural element is WAY too over-the-top. That turns me off to the story right quick.

2) Said supernatural element is...well...not very interesting, which means the story as a whole probably isn't, either. :P

But every now and then, I find one that's pretty darned good that I can really get into. And this is one of those pretty darned good stories! :2thumbs:

The progression of Will's and Ryan's relationship, combined with Will/Gar's role in seeking a kind of justice for those who have been undeservedly killed, has made for quite an interesting read thus far. Maybe it's just me though, but I get kind of a "foreboding" sense that a major (possibly unpleasant) event might be coming soon. I dunno, I just get this feeling that something will be coming after Will, Gar, Ryan, or maybe even both. I feel like I'm waiting for "that shoe" to drop now...

Thank you, I appreciate hearing you like it. Also, I've been trying hard NOT to do the first thing you cite as undesirable. Totally agree, it has to be subtle but believable. So that sorta ties into number two. But making it interesting, well I would think all author's try to do that, so I'm glad I didn't fail that test :P

As for something happening? Well if nothing was gonna happen, I could end the story now, right? :whistle: The question is, what is coming and on that . . . . I'll never tell :devil:

. . . well not until I post it at least 0:)

Thanks MJ appreciate hearing from you.

Andy

• Like 1

What in the world could make people want to constantly kill the people Ryan's Purpose chose as hosts?

My first thought was that there's some kind of "darkside" or dark "Purpose" whose mission is to keep the two Purposes apart out there, but after I re-read the later part of the chapter...it doesn't seem to add up that it'd be something simple like that.

Any chance we'll see a "journal" chapter from Ryan's Purpose?

• Like 1

What in the world could make people want to constantly kill the people Ryan's Purpose chose as hosts?

My first thought was that there's some kind of "darkside" or dark "Purpose" whose mission is to keep the two Purposes apart out there, but after I re-read the later part of the chapter...it doesn't seem to add up that it'd be something simple like that.

Any chance we'll see a "journal" chapter from Ryan's Purpose?

The what in the world part made me chuckle - how about what in the out-of-the-world realm of non-corporeal spirits would make people kill the host?

Um . . . well . . . :whistle: next chapter maybe? 0:) [and yes I am ignoring on 'purpose' the darkside/dark Purpose comment for now. B) ]

No chance of a Journal Entry from Ryan, not going to leave Gar/Will's POV but we'll get some explanation from him before the end.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - always appreciated.

Andy

Chapter 20 is up. You can find it here:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/Quonus10/purpose/20

I don't think I left you on any cliffs this time - that was on 'purpose' as this will be the last chapter for a few weeks. I will be taking care of my life's dream - my daughter - and I don't want to do too much while I get into a routine.

Please stop by and let me know - I'll try to answer things - heck she'll be sleeping a lot so I can sneak on here and there.

Andy