What did you want to be when you grew up?

K.C.

I wanted to be a physicist. An astrophysicist to be more precise. Then when I finally got to get involved in astrophysics, I realized that most astrophysicists don't shower and don't groom, and ended up in optics :2thumbs:

Psychiatrist.

The inspiration came out of literally nowhere and it simply felt right, so I'm sticking to that.

.. but I have plenty of time to change my mind so it doesn't matter!

Psychiatrist.

The inspiration came out of literally nowhere and it simply felt right, so I'm sticking to that.

.. but I have plenty of time to change my mind so it doesn't matter!

ROCK ON!!! Go Psych!

I always dreamed of becoming a professional pianist when I was a child. Then I realized that I had the gift but never had the patience nor the ability to become someone who would be known for it. I also wanted to become a firefighter or join the police squad. Too bad, I ended up studying what motivates people instead. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid I never really thought about what I wanted to be when I was older. I'm a live each day as it comes and don't make plans sort of person. You make plans and stuff tends to get in the way so why bother? I always enjoyed reading and writing (everything about books) but I never really thought "I'm going to be a writer." It was just something I liked doing. I still enjoy it and it's the one thing that I've stuck with when others things I've given up on. I'm now a self published writer but if no one ever buys my books I will still keep writing them because I enjoy it. Though it would definitely be nice if people did buy my books. To make money through the one thing I really enjoy would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it bad that most of the things I wanted to be as child I have done in one fashion or another? I literally wrote a list for a class assignment in sixth grade on what I wanted to be.

1. Teacher

2. Chef

3. Actor

4. Writer

5. Parent

Well four out of five isn't bad.

I actually did go to school and hold an English Degree and am certified to teach. I did teach for four years till the school I worked at down sized and I ended up being one who was tossed. Oh well.

I ran a restaurant for nearly ten years. During that time I worked with many chefs, learned how they cooked, took a few classes and all. I might not have title chef but I can cook nearly anything.

As for acting, well I did end up stage managing a theater for a few years. I also learned lightening directions, and took the stage for a number of things. Had the lead in one of Neil Simmons' plays as well. I've played the good guy, the side kick, sung, danced, and played the heavy. I won't complain about anything I learned or did. It was a great time in my life.

Writer covers many things. I was on the school paper in high school. I did the school paper in college. I wrote for school magazines. I even wrote for a local paper for a while. Now I write here. I would say that dream is acted on.

The parent one is the only one I haven't achieved. Never found the right person and am sort of afraid to do that alone. Still not ancient yet so that might happen. In the mean time I do get to spoil my godchild.

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a teacher and an author. I had interests in music, art, photography, dinosaurs, and genetics, to name a few, but never as a profession. Mostly, my hobbies served as research for my stories. Now I'm an education assistant at an elementary school and a published author, so I'd say that's pretty close to achieving my childhood dreams.

I've always wanted to be an actress when I was little lol. I'd actually still like to...it looks like a lot of fun :P

Edited by Anya

archaeologist and a writer. My parents didn't want me to be an archaeologist because they didn't want me to grow-up and travel the world. Well, I wanna travel the world.

27-yrs later, 1 out of 2 ain't bad. :)

I'm young, still time to join an archaeology dig.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a firefighter. I can remember drawing that in kindergarten for a school assignment.

When I entered high school, I wanted to be either a surgeon or a pediatrician.

Now I really want to be a social worker to work with kids and an author on the side.

What are my plans after college? Attend law school to become a lawyer, because, sadly, there isn't any good social working jobs around where I live. But I will continue to write. =)

Astronaut for sure. I've always been amazed when I look up at the night sky. So many stars, such a vast space. It really put the earth and humanity in perspective for me at an early age. I love anything to do with space, and I believe humanities future lies there. Now the only way to really get on a shuttle is to be an engineer, and that sounds boring as hell. I am going into physics to become an astrophysicist. So unless I invent the gravity-manipulation drive, I doubt I'll be in space any time soon. But being an astrophysicist is the next best thing. Of course, most of my childhood was spent wishing I could fly.

When I was six I wanted to be a priest, and when I was a couple of years older I wanted to be a missionary (because I had seen Ingrid Bergman in the movie The Inn of The Sixth Happiness and I was really impressed).

Well it didn´t turn out in either of those directions, considering that I in my adult life isn´t a member of any church or other religious organisation/group, my marriage is of the civil kind and neither of my children are baptized. Posted Image