Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

The Tale of Two Boats

The Tale of Two Boats.

Circumnavigation is in fact a tale of two boats. One of the classifications it listed under is “Mystery.” The story is about Trevor and his trials and tribulations. The supporting cast is mostly there to confuse you, the armchair detective. CJ has used these individuals, and their recollections and activities to misdirect his readers.

The first boat disappeared leaving hardly a trace. Approximately nine years later, the second boat was supposed to, but did not.

If you wish to solve the mystery, you need to disregard the distractions. Do not let the “3 Card Monte Goat,” send you down the garden path. Circumnavigation is a novel with a lot of action and suspense. (Dare I say C***H*****S) There are at least three storylines submerged in Circumnavigation. It is during the times they appear, he slips in his little clues.

Let me reiterate the following conclusions I have already posted previously in the Forum:

1. Dirk and Rachel entered into a criminal conspiracy to keep her out of harms way.

2. Rachel sails on the charter. The vessel she sailed on was the Atlantis. The name displayed on the vessel was Ares. The Ares remained in Florida. Her name was changed to Atlantis. Rachel sets the planned disappearance scenario in motion.

3, The Statute of Limitations, for the criminal acts committed by Dirk, will expire in December 2006.

Now let me add a few more conclusions:

4. The “harms way,” referred to in Number #1 was not death or injury. Dirk and Rachel entered into the conspiracy because she was being investigated by law enforcement agencies. This activity would likely lead to her arrest and conviction. Once she was declared dead, the investigation would be closed. No Statute of Limitations should apply. After all, how you can you arrest and try a legally dead person.

5. Dirk was trying to stop Trevor from searching at Bimini for two reasons:(a) Dirk was very worried about his physical safety. (B)He didn’t want Trevor’s search to stir up interest in the disappearance of the Ares and Rachel.

6. The divorce proceedings were stopped for the following reasons. When Rachel was declared dead; Dirk would be the surviving spouse. There would be no inheritance taxes levied. There would be no child custody issue raised. Dirk would become the de facto executor of Rachel’s estate. Rachel had to have a will if she left a vessel to Trevor.

7. Where is the Ares? Trevor sailed her to Australia. In the Prologue it is established Trevor was registered as the owner of the vessel Rachel purchased and then named Atlantis. In Chapter Eight Trevor says to his father, his mother left Atlantis to him. Unless Trevor was lied to, subsequent to May 15th, 1997, this contradicts the previous fact. At some point ownership of the Atlantis must have been transferred from Trevor to Rachel. Rachel needed to disappear under circumstances, which would lead to her being declared dead. For her to just disappear would not stop the authorities from continuing their ongoing investigation. Unless Trevor is lying to Shane in Chapter Sixty-nine, he was aboard the Ares, with his mother, when she reached speeds of fourteen knots. The speed of 15 knots for Atlantis has been noted many times throughout the story. The engines of the Ares were replaced after Dirk and Rachel purchased her. Nothing has been written about the engines of the Atlantis being replaced. The ownership papers for the Atlantis do not identify her by name, only by Registration Number. As I stated in Conclusion 2 above, Rachel went to sea on the May 15th charter aboard the Atlantis. The Ares remained behind and displayed the name Atlantis. What became of the vessel Rachel sailed on is unknown to me.

I will stand on those seven conclusions for now. I may add to that number in the future, as more information becomes available. However, there are some other items I would like to address at this time.

Where is Rachel? I said it before and I will repeat it now. I DO NOT KNOW! Rachel may be dead. But, not as a result of whatever occurred between May 15th, and May 25th, 1997. How to prove that is simple. Right now, some of the individuals in the story, and the readers are focused on December 16, 2006. What are they waiting for? The Statute of Limitations to expire. Dirk would not be worried about waiting for them to expire if he had killed Rachel. Murder does not have a Statute of Limitations.

IMHO, CJ, in his persona as an author is not to be trusted. He keeps inserting little tidbits in various ways. I.e. the Key Lime Pie and of course, Trevor’s Thanksgiving Dinner. Every time he does this, I feel he is putting out a decoy, like a duck hunter does, to suck me in.

Next take a good look at the statements made by Frank Tittle when he is discussing them with Dirk. Frank summarizes his remarks regarding any State Felonies Dirk may have committed. He states they have already passed their expiration date. Frank also addresses any Federal offenses Dirk could be charged with.

You need to keep in mind the date this discussion is taking place. How can you do that? CJ is very generalized in his description of the passage of time. However in Chapter Forty-eight Trevor make a Log Entry dated October 1st. In Chapter Fifty-four Trevor makes another entry, dated October 12th, 2006. It is earlier in this chapter the discussion concerning the Statute of Limitations takes place. Based on the content of the meeting it has to be prior to November 23rd.

Frank Tittle informs Dirk, in his opinion, there are three charges on which the Statute of Limitations has not expired. All of them are Federal. Frank identifies each of the offenses either by Title or generalized description. He does not elaborate as to the details. Frank establishes a date upon which all three will be forever gone as a threat to Dirk. You will need to do a little research to determine when each offense was complete. Only one of them was completed prior to May 15th, 1997. Once you have determined the dates of the completion of the offenses, compare them to a 2006 calendar. At least one offense expires prior to the December 16th date established by Frank Tittle.

18 U.S.C. 1031 - 7 years

18 U.S.C. 1005 - 10 years.

IRS Tax Code - 6 years.

That is all for now. Enjoy your research.

Marty

TBC

I would appreciate some assistance. Could anyone tell me how to insert a picture into one of these posts.

Thank you

Marty

Edited by glsswm

I would appreciate some assistance. Could anyone tell me how to insert a picture into one of these posts.

Thank you

Marty

First off, I love the analysis above!!! :2thumbs:

I'm precluded from commenting due to knowing the actual answers (we all will know, before long...) but I love it! Thanks!!

Okay, to post a pic, it's easy if it's from the 'net. Just copy the Url of the pic to your clipboard, then in the message here, clock on the insert image button in the reply editor (it looks like a square within a square, above the text entry window). A box will pop up. Just paste in the URL, and click ok, and it'll add the image code to your post.

BTW, as an aside to everyone, please take care if you post pictures that way anywhere on GA; we have rules against nudity or similar content, even on linked pics.

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..