Anime?

MidNight_Love

as a genre? No. I'm not a fan of genres, period. But, I do like a few animes, Black Butler and Death Note (only the first season of each) being the ones that spring to mind most easily.

Black Butler? I'm in the middle of writing a fanfiction of it, and watching the 2nd season. And I've been thinking about a Death Note Fanfiction. Wow. XD But no- Anime, is Japanese cartoons. There's different ones for different Anime's.

Yeah, I like anime. I go more for comedic high school anime like Azumanga Daioh or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Ouran High School Host Club but recently I've really been into yaoi, lol. Death Note was good up until the end of the first half. The second half sucked hard. Black Butler is also one of my favorites. I need to watch more of it though. Oh, and Hetalia and Fullmetal Alchemist. Can't forget those. :2thumbs:

Edited by Cyhort

Well, my son is a much bigger fan of anime than I am. He likes the like of Naruto and Pokemon that kind of thing

I like the more grown up stuff. Love Vampire Hunter D but more into Yaoi and some Hentai

I like some shows, but I'm not bound to automatically like it just because it comes from Japan. Honestly, I've always found it kind of funny how people loop it all into one genre when all the programs really have in common are the country of origin and certain similar characteristics in the art style, but even those have plenty of variations. Cliches, too (well duh, herpderp), but I attribute it to being more of a cultural thing. Basically... they're just cartoons. They're called the same thing, but they're all pretty different anyway. You can like one, but not necessarily another. That aside, I tend to prefer seinen shows. Oh, and Yuri, too, but I prefer to read the manga instead because every Yuri anime I've seen sans Kannazuki no Miko has bored me to death, funny enough.

if you mean the Japanese anime then *raises both hands* me too = ) i LOVE anime, although i watch the more mature ones now. For example I've watched Death Note and Black Butler atm. Hellsing was a bit too cruel for me.

I watch mostly malexmale anime actually.

I've done Helsing, Full Metal alchemist, DeathNote, Black Butler. I've enjoyed Anime takes on other franchises like Batman. Highlander, and Witchblade. Don't get me started on Yaoi. lol.

I've done Helsing, Full Metal alchemist, DeathNote, Black Butler. I've enjoyed Anime takes on other franchises like Batman. Highlander, and Witchblade. Don't get me started on Yaoi. lol.

LOL How many Yaoi-manga have you read? :P I've started Black Butler a few months ago, but the story didn't get me. Even after five episodes.

Speaking of Yaoi, I'm watching Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi at the moment. It's a sequel (I think) of Junjou Romantica ( I think you've heard about this title).

Please forgive my rambling and spamming.

I believe Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi is in the same universe because Ritsu and Masamune work at Marukawa Publishing Company which publishes Akihiko's works. I wouldn't really say it is a sequel though.

Anyway, I used to watch anime quite a bit but I got annoyed at having to watch fillers all the time so I just stuck with manga.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is one of my all-time favorites as far as "serious" anime goes. No ginormous sweat beads or contorted prone bodies. Also enjoy Basilisk and Trinity Blood though the dialogue in those two I think are kinda juvenile with little higher vocabulary. Still fun to watch though! I like a lot of the Gundam francises but man, did kids write the dialogues?

Due to my personality, Death Note has to be my favorite of all the anime I've seen and I've seen a lot.

I don't think you could fault the anti-villain, Light, for what he was trying to do in ridding the world of evil, nor could you hate L for doing his job. I loved the story and thought the idea was brilliant.

As for other Anime, I have seen Evangelion several dozen times, very psychological and kind of strange, but enjoyable. On the lighter side, I highly recommend Gravitation if you like comedy and Yaoi (Why can't the writer expand the EX series, too)

I freely admit to enjoying Naruto ()I know it's weird, but I was watching the show as an english sub before Cartoon Network imported it and I still watch Shippudden. I want to see what happens in the end). Along those lines, I have also seen every episode of Dragon Ball, Z, and GT, sometimes more than once (Especially the Cell Games)

I watch Mecha Anime too and I count Beast Wars and Beast Machines as Mecha as well, but there is something about modern Mecha anime that seems to be shallow versus the older ones like Zoids and the first Gundams.

On a related note, as a kid I collected about 100 of the original 151 Pokemons (even after this many years, I still want a mew) and started playing Yu-Gi-Oh in high school as well.

Whether it is anime, manga, or collectible cards, I love it all.

Question, as it regards anime. To those who watch it, do you watch the subs or dubs?

Personally, I detest dubs and will *ONLY* watch an anime with subs, as the English voices tend to be very flat, even monotoned. The Japanese is much more entertaining because the emotion in the voices is as ludicrous as their actions in a situation. It makes it so I can't do anything else though, so I can read the words on my screen, which is a drawback as I have a hard time focusing on anything on a screen unless I'm doing something.

Question, as it regards anime. To those who watch it, do you watch the subs or dubs?

Personally, I detest dubs and will *ONLY* watch an anime with subs, as the English voices tend to be very flat, even monotoned. The Japanese is much more entertaining because the emotion in the voices is as ludicrous as their actions in a situation. It makes it so I can't do anything else though, so I can read the words on my screen, which is a drawback as I have a hard time focusing on anything on a screen unless I'm doing something.

Subs for me as well.

One of the worst English dubbed Animes in my memory is and was One Piece. The Japanese version of One Piece was interesting and more adult, but the english dubs by Viz made it seem like crap.

One piece does get draggy, but at the very least, the storyline and dialogue is better in Japanese versus English version.

I'll always go for dubs if they have it. I hate subtitles. I'd much rather watch a show than read it and IMO people unfairly crap on English voice actors. There are a lot of really good voice actors out there. I can deal with subtitles though if it's the only way to watch something I really wanna see.

INUYASHA! I think he's fineee. I watched about half of that on TV, and then I got bored. Unfortunately I do not watch/read/follow/care about anything else.

Unless Digimon counts.

And Yugioh.

And Pokeurmom.