Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Brain Storming

But "The rule for conspiracy is a bit different" (see above), so if Dirk and Rachel jointly plotted their criminal enterprise then I hope they like prison food :lol:

I'm not saying this is, or isn't, in the story, but just as a point of law; the conspiracy rule for statutes of limitations starts ticking as of the last overt act of the conspiracy. :-)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Benji,

This started as an assessment of one part of our posted July 4th forecast. While I was considering the various aspects, other events surfaced in the storyline.

Part of our posting was that the Ares and the Atlantis were swapped prior to the disappearance of Rachel and a Lagoon 55.

CJ has created a very complex mystery story. It is not just one basic Whodunnit. In order to protect the Primary Secret, he has had to create additional supporting blind alleys and False Flag operations. Then he wove a shroud, by knitting together false clues, inferences and misdirection of the readers. Once it was completed, he draped it over the primary and supporting mysteries.

Unfortunately, he is at present faced with a dilemma. The plot is so interlocked; he cannot divulge any singular portion without the shroud unraveling like a cheap sweater, when one loose thread is pulled.

I have been doing some thinking on one small part of our predictions. I believe that Rachel found the hidden compartments that Bridget was aware of aboard the Ares. I also believe Rachel found some if not all of the new concealed compartments, Bridget thinks her husband installed.

In Chapter 79 Trevor telephones Ned. I would describe the entire conversation as being stilted at best. My immediate conclusion was that Ned had found them while he was stripping the remaining interior of the boat.

When Trevor went with Greg Fowler to Ned’s boatyard after leaving the bank, I fully expected Ned to bring the existence of the compartments to Trevor’s attention. As we both know, this did not occur. My opinion, based on Chapter 89, is that Ned has completed gutting the interior. It is possible the concealed compartments are located in an area of the interior that has not yet been worked on by Ned. We know there were hidden compartments aboard the Ares. We believe, at least I do, Rachel switched boats prior to, “The Disappearance.” I do not believe Rachel would have left any property or documents that had been concealed by Arnold, which she had found, when she did her disappearing stunt.

If Ned had discovered any disguised cubbyholes, why wouldn’t he bring them to Trevor’s attention? At present I have only one possible explanation. If one of the compartments, constructed by Arnold, but not discovered by Rachel, contained money or other valuables, Ned may be biding his time. Anything hidden away for over ten years would, in my judgment, show signs of lengthy undisturbed storage. Any realistic evaluation by Ned should establish the contents had been secreted when Trevor had been approximately eight years of age.

It is possible Ned discovered valuables unknowingly left behind by Rachel and decided to quietly try to keep them for himself. Especially if, Trevor gives no indication of knowing anything about the hidden locations. I am not comfortable accusing Ned of this. I am more inclined to believe, if Ned had discovered locations designed to secrete anything, he would have brought this information to Greg Fowler.

At this point in the storyline, it is very obvious to me; Greg Fowler has been made aware of some, if not all of the events leading up to, “The Disappearance.” Based on his conversation with Officer Grundig, he has only been made aware of it recently. The conclusion I have reached is; Greg Fowler does not like the position he finds himself in.

Officer Fowler has not in any way made Trevor aware of any information he discussed with his wife, It is obvious Greg respects and admires Trevor. I believe this is based on Trevor’s surmounting the problems he faced after he was boarded by the pirates. Keep in mind; he has already cut Trevor a lot of slack after discovering the .357 Magnum revolver in it’s hidden location. It was not until after that incident, the Blake’s became involved in Trevor’s problems.

I would describe Greg Fowler as a very good, understanding and somewhat compassionate, professional law enforcement officer. I do not believe he would permit anyone to escape punishment for a proven violation of law. However, consider this. If Greg was informed of all of the circumstances, without reservation, of the events leading up to, and through the entire scenario of, “The Disappearance,” what would he be faced with?

For the sake of this discussion lets use the prediction we worked on and posted here in the Forum on July 4th.. Rachel and Dirk may have committed offenses in another country prior to June 1997. Neither of them have been arrested, indicted or convicted on any charges relating to those activities. Dirk has been indicted for the murder of Rachel. I believe Greg has only recently been informed Rachel is alive in Australia. Even if Dirk is guilty of murdering Arnold Bellevue and attempting to murder Trevor, how does that concern Greg. Since Trevor arrived in Carnarvon, Officer Fowler has been doing everything possible to protect and shield Trevor from harm. IMHO, Greg Fowler is not very happy with the situation he finds himself embroiled in. Neither professionally nor personally

We both believe Rachel is hidden in the Carnarvon community. She would not have any problem developing a scenario, which would get herself off the hook, with her legal problems, back in the United States.

I am sure, you are aware; I do not believe Rachel has fulfilled the requirements, to be protected by the expiration of any Statutes of Limitations. The only way, I can see, at the present time, is for Rachel to provide information to the United States Government. This would have to be something big enough for the Feds to decline to prosecute her.

I am wondering ff you noticed the following information which appeared in Chapter 89. I wonder why Gonzalez telephoned Greg. Nothing has appeared to explain it in either Chapter 89 or 90.

After being delayed by a call from Officer Gonzalez, Fowler drove directly to Carnarvon’s small jail. He didn’t like what he was about to do, but could see no other options.

This will keep you busy for a while.

Marty

Hi Benji,

This started as an assessment of one part of our posted July 4th forecast. While I was considering the various aspects, other events surfaced in the storyline.

Part of our posting was that the Ares and the Atlantis were swapped prior to the disappearance of Rachel and a Lagoon 55

Wow, I wasn't sure if that happened or not, but it makes me think if Nate discovered anything while fixing up the Aries not drugs but incriminating evidence, and then transforming it into a 57

CJ has created a very complex mystery story. It is not just one basic Whodunnit. In order to protect the Primary Secret, he has had to create additional supporting blind alleys and False Flag operations. Then he wove a shroud, by knitting together false clues, inferences and misdirection of the readers. Once it was completed, he draped it over the primary and supporting mysteries.

Yep, CJ is a master at this, but he always leaves clues!

Unfortunately, he is at present faced with a dilemma. The plot is so interlocked; he cannot divulge any singular portion without the shroud unraveling like a cheap sweater, when one loose thread is pulled.

I think he already has left enough clues, we both often are remiss in seeing them.

I have been doing some thinking on one small part of our predictions. I believe that Rachel found the hidden compartments that Bridget was aware of aboard the Ares. I also believe Rachel found some if not all of the new concealed compartments, Bridget thinks her husband installed.

I believe they have been found but contained nothing other then incriminating evidence against Bridget. Rachel was in a spot so that she declared herself 'dead' and now needs the stats. to clear up before bringing this to light. I believe she did so for concern of Trevor's welfare, as she feared what she knew of the cartel and the impending 'plot' by Bridget with the authorities.

In Chapter 79 Trevor telephones Ned. I would describe the entire conversation as being stilted at best. My immediate conclusion was that Ned had found them while he was stripping the remaining interior of the boat.

That is conjecture, not sure if the Aries or the Atlantis was the boat containing the incriminating evidence. That said, I'm sure we will find out soon which boat it was.

When Trevor went with Greg Fowler to Ned’s boatyard after leaving the bank, I fully expected Ned to bring the existence of the compartments to Trevor’s attention. As we both know, this did not occur. My opinion, based on Chapter 89, is that Ned has completed gutting the interior. It is possible the concealed compartments are located in an area of the interior that has not yet been worked on by Ned. We know there were hidden compartments aboard the Ares. We believe, at least I do, Rachel switched boats prior to, “The Disappearance.” I do not believe Rachel would have left any property or documents that had been concealed by Arnold, which she had found, when she did her disappearing stunt.

Humm, the switched boat theory is still valid, yet still holds many mysteries in it. If any are true, it put's Rachel at risk first, and Trever second. That means Ned discovered either boats concealment and has kept his mouth shut. but said his discovery to the coast guard and or the Blakes, if he contacted anyone else this would have made news. So my guess is that the Atlantis is the Aries concealed. Ned has already found it and only Fowler and him know about it.

It would make sense with Fowler having another 'big story' for Kline.

If Ned had discovered any disguised cubbyholes, why wouldn’t he bring them to Trevor’s attention? At present I have only one possible explanation. If one of the compartments, constructed by Arnold, but not discovered by Rachel, contained money or other valuables, Ned may be biding his time. Anything hidden away for over ten years would, in my judgment, show signs of lengthy undisturbed storage. Any realistic evaluation by Ned should establish the contents had been secreted when Trevor had been approximately eight years of age.

Nope, here is where I stand on this (see above) IF and IF Nat found something on the boat, Fowler is going to keep him quiet on it, this is where I'm sure Rachel his Missus. I think goat has left enough clues in her identity, the 3 pies, the forlorn action at the bay window during Fowler's last talk with her. I was 50/50 on her and Mrs. Blake as being Rachel.

It is possible Ned discovered valuables unknowingly left behind by Rachel and decided to quietly try to keep them for himself. Especially if, Trevor gives no indication of knowing anything about the hidden locations. I am not comfortable accusing Ned of this. I am more inclined to believe, if Ned had discovered locations designed to secrete anything, he would have brought this information to Greg Fowler.

Nah, I'm sure anything he found he would have rushed up to the customs agents, problem is who he encountered there! If it was anyone but Fowler then the shit hits the fan!

At this point in the storyline, it is very obvious to me; Greg Fowler has been made aware of some, if not all of the events leading up to, “The Disappearance.” Based on his conversation with Officer Grundig, he has only been made aware of it recently. The conclusion I have reached is; Greg Fowler does not like the position he finds himself in.

The old rock and a hard place? Yep Fowler has put himself there, but what has he learned in the past few weeks? Did Rachel tell him all or a smattering of what has has happened? I guess it is really up to Australian law to figure out what he knows and what is illegal to know.

Officer Fowler has not in any way made Trevor aware of any information he discussed with his wife, It is obvious Greg respects and admires Trevor. I believe this is based on Trevor’s surmounting the problems he faced after he was boarded by the pirates. Keep in mind; he has already cut Trevor a lot of slack after discovering the .357 Magnum revolver in it’s hidden location. It was not until after that incident, the Blake’s became involved in Trevor’s problems.

Which is why I thought maybe Mrs. Blake was Trevor's mother Rachel, her non-involvement in the hiring of Trevor as the skipper her boat, her decision to have Shane hold the position of caretaker of the Kookaburra. I gave it some thought that she was enticing Fowler's wife into making the boys her key lime pies.

I would describe Greg Fowler as a very good, understanding and somewhat compassionate, professional law enforcement officer. I do not believe he would permit anyone to escape punishment for a proven violation of law. However, consider this. If Greg was informed of all of the circumstances, without reservation, of the events leading up to, and through the entire scenario of, “The Disappearance,” what would he be faced with?

Good question, but what does he really know? and is it out of his reach of the law?

For the sake of this discussion lets use the prediction we worked on and posted here in the Forum on July 4th.. Rachel and Dirk may have committed offenses in another country prior to June 1997. Neither of them have been arrested, indicted or convicted on any charges relating to those activities. Dirk has been indicted for the murder of Rachel. I believe Greg has only recently been informed Rachel is alive in Australia. Even if Dirk is guilty of murdering Arnold Bellevue and attempting to murder Trevor, how does that concern Greg. Since Trevor arrived in Carnarvon, Officer Fowler has been doing everything possible to protect and shield Trevor from harm. IMHO, Greg Fowler is not very happy with the situation he finds himself embroiled in. Neither professionally nor personally

Does make you wonder why Fowler has taken a personal interest in Trevor doesn't it!

We both believe Rachel is hidden in the Carnarvon community. She would not have any problem developing a scenario, which would get herself off the hook, with her legal problems, back in the United States.

I doubt Rachel will ever try to come back to the USA, I think she is riding out the statues like Dirk is.

I am sure, you are aware; I do not believe Rachel has fulfilled the requirements, to be protected by the expiration of any Statutes of Limitations. The only way, I can see, at the present time, is for Rachel to provide information to the United States Government. This would have to be something big enough for the Feds to decline to prosecute her. I think you prosecute Rachel before hearing the charge. I think Rachel is guilty of only faking her death, nothing Bridget did had any evidence on Rachel, it was suspicion only and given the outcome here.... well the supposed outcome!! :lol:

I am wondering ff you noticed the following information which appeared in Chapter 89. I wonder why Gonzalez telephoned Greg. Nothing has appeared to explain it in either Chapter 89 or.....Interesting, I don't remember who called who yet I thought it was Fowler calling Gonzales here. Which begs the question on why Fowler is so involved with Trevor's life!!

Marty

:lol:...................... My thoughts!

Hi Benji,

This is also something I have been working on.

Please permit me to give you my analysis of the legal situation. We are dealing with three sets of possible offenses, involving two people, Dirk and Rachel.

The biggest problem is a lack of solid information. The best source is the meeting held between Dirk and Frank Tittle in Chapter 54. Jim and the Private Investigator were present at that meeting. The meeting also referred to Trevor. However, the discussion regarding Trevor mostly involved any probable problems that might affect him and his Atlantis because of any violations of law, Dirk may have committed.

Whatever was actually discussed at that meeting, was given to us, the readers, in a very redacted format. Our very sneaky author CJ, AKA, “The Goat,” established in the Prologue of Circumnavigation, the inference that the Ares and Rachel were lost at sea. We would not be holding this discussion, unless at least one of us, did not believe that scenario. Keeping our skepticism in mind, you need to factor in one absolute. Nothing can appear in the story, which contradicts that picture. No references to Rachel being alive, or her being able to influence future actions or activities can appear.

A very good example of that appears more than once in the storyline. There is more than one discussion appearing, that takes place involving only Dirk and Jim. Several times, the reaction Trevor will have when the secrets are revealed after December 16 is discussed. They both appear to agree the presence of Joel will help him over the rough times. There was no reference to the presence of Rachel, or what if any influence she might have on the situation, appearing in writing. Why? It is simple. Rachel is Dead.

Before continuing I would like to establish an understanding between us regarding a fact of law. A Criminal Conspiracy is an agreement, between two or more persons, to commit a crime. Let me give you a simple example. Joe and John meet and agree to steal Bill’s boat, which is stored on a trailer, parked in Bill’s driveway. In order to haul the boat away, they steal a truck with a trailer hitch, belonging to Tom, from a parking lot. Together they do what they planned. Each crime is a separate one. Both Joe and John can be charged with each offense. For the sake of this discussion, let me establish a Statute of Limitations. Each and every crime, except for the Criminal Conspiracy, has a Statute of Limitations of five years. The Criminal Conspiracy has a Statute of Limitations of ten years. What this means is that while neither of them could be prosecuted for stealing the boat or truck after five years, they could be charged with the Criminal Conspiracy to do so.

This is what Dirk is dealing with. Every individual crime he committed has already passed the expiration of each Statute of Limitations. What he is waiting for is the expiration of the Criminal Conspiracy Statutes of Limitation. As far as I can figure out, the authorities do not even know about these crimes.

This meeting was held early in November. At that time, according to Frank Tittle, all of the crimes committed by Dirk, both Federal and State, have already passed the expiration of each individual Statute of Limitations, except for three. All are violations of Federal Law. One is a violation of Internal Revenue Law. My belief is this involved Dirk’s actions, acting as Rachel’s Executor, filing her final Income Tax return. According to Frank Tittle, this would expire later that month. In fact, the storyline is well past that date.

The second charge is a Federal Conspiracy charge. According to Frank Tittle, there is a Statute of Limitations of seven years for this crime. This will expire sometime early in the month of December, before December 16th. I believe this charge is based on a Criminal Conspiracy involving Dirk and Rachel, setting up the disappearance of the Ares and Rachel. Based on the expiration date, Dirk’s last action in support of this conspiracy, occurred early in the month of December 1999. This by the way is when the Memorial Service for Rachel was held.

The final charge is also Federal Conspiracy charge. According to Frank Tittle, there is a Statute of Limitations of ten years for this crime. This will expire on December 16th. Dirk’s last action in support of this conspiracy, must have occurred on or about December 16th, 1996. That is approximately five months before the Disappearance. I believe both Dirk and Rachel were involved in this conspiracy.

Let us look at some of the individual crimes, which may have been committed, by Dirk, in support of the first two charges listed above. Several are easily determined. Dirk had to have filed paperwork to have Rachel declared deceased. He filed insurance claims with insurance companies for the Ares and for the death of Rachel. I am sure there were other crimes committed by him.

There is no information available to form a reasonable hypothesis of what crimes were involved in the third charge. There is no way to determine when, or how, the two Criminal Conspiracies started, what crimes were involved or what all of Dirk’s actions were to support either conspiracy.

Rachel probably was discussed during this meeting. But, like I previously stated, nothing about her was included in Chapter 54, or elsewhere, because she is presumed to be dead.

In addition, information has surfaced during the story; Rachel was involved in criminal activities with Bridget. They apparently were the laundering and concealment of money. Rachel was under investigation for this at the time of the Disappearance.

The Expiration of the Statute of Limitations, discussed by Frank Tittle with Dirk, only addresses Dirk. Based on what information Dirk provided Frank, he advised Dirk as to the successful completion dates.

Lets examine Rachel’s situation. To start with, Frank Tittle is not Rachel’s attorney. Frank has no information, to the best of my understanding; knowledge and belief, as to what Rachel may or may not have done since the Disappearance. As to the investigation underway when she disappeared, Dirk may not be aware of it. I am more inclined to believe he does not know anything about it. Rachel was putting money away for her own purposes. Rachel may not have any arrest warrants currently open. If there were any, I believe they would have been canceled when a court declared her deceased. The bottom line is: Rachel fled and went into hiding. Dirk stayed and waited out The Expiration of the Statutes of Limitation.

IMHO, when and if, the authorities learn of the conspiracies Dirk and Rachel were involved with, they will open investigations. They may not be able to touch Dirk, but Rachel is fair game.

Then consider Rachel arriving in and establishing residency in Australia. What happened to all that money she has squirreled away from her illegal activities? How about the monies realized from the sale of the Lagoon 55 she sailed away from The Bahamas?

Something to consider.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

Something new for you to consider.

Think back to Chapter 66. It is a Tuesday. Trevor returns to the Customs Station after spending most of the day with Shane. Officer Fowler confronts Trevor about finding the .357 revolver. Ever since I read Greg’s explanation, to Trevor, it has bothered me. His answer regarding the size of Trevor’s hiding place is, in my opinion reasonable. I more or less allowed myself disregard the unstated reason by Fowler, as to why he felt it necessary to search and examine the crew cabin.

Now think about the Prologue. Specifically, the section regarding Dirk’s objections to Rachel operating the Ares as a charter boat. He was concerned about her safety, taking out charters alone.

Next skip forward to Trevor’s explanation to Joel, regarding his having the Magnum aboard. He told Joel his father insisted he be able to protect himself while on charters. In fact, in Chapter 3, Dirk quizzed Trevor about his upcoming charter. Dirk wanted to know if they had been checked out.

Benji, it is quite obvious to me, Greg Fowler presently knows a lot more about Trevor and his Atlantis, than he did when he first rescued them. IMHO, someone briefed him between the time of the rescue and Greg confronting Trevor about finding the revolver.

Over half of the yachts that made up the convoy, discussed at the meeting in Chapter 40, were unarmed. Based on everything I have read, Australia does not have our United States Second Amendment culture. I doubt a private yacht, operating in Australian waters is likely to have a handgun aboard.

Moving along, here are some facts to consider... First of all, Dirk insisted Trevor learns to protect himself. Then he provided him with a handgun and made sure he trained with the firearm. I think it is reasonable to conclude, Dirk required Rachel to do the same.

I think whomever gave the information to Greg, informed him of the probability there was a handgun aboard. Fowler explained how he knew the general location of Trevor’s hide-a-way compartment. Trevor had constructed a well-concealed compartment. However he goofed by leaving the magnet there. Even so, as Greg explained, it took two trained customs officers about a half hour to locate it.

Then, after Officer Fowler has "FOUND, the revolver, he turns into, Officer Good Guy. He not only does not make an arrest, Greg puts into effect a cover-up. I would think he would have to amend his original report. The handgun would need to be accounted for on Day One. Tuesday is Day Three. Fowler would have to convince Craig to do the same. Then Fowler would have to create a false Evidence Log entry. Why would he stick his neck out? This has been ticking along in the background ever since it appeared in Chapter 66. But, with so many other mysteries in this story, it got lost in the shuffel.

I would suggest you go back and read the conversation Greg has with Craig in Chapter 90. I am specifically referring to where he more or less try’s to apologize to Craig, for not telling him everything. Then go back and read thoroughly the conversation between Greg and Trevor in Chapter 66.

Benji, I may be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Marty

Hi Benji,

This is also something I have been working on.

Please permit me to give you my analysis of the legal situation. We are dealing with three sets of possible offenses, involving two people, Dirk and Rachel.

The biggest problem is a lack of solid information. The best source is the meeting held between Dirk and Frank Tittle in Chapter 54. Jim and the Private Investigator were present at that meeting. The meeting also referred to Trevor. However, the discussion regarding Trevor mostly involved any probable problems that might affect him and his Atlantis because of any violations of law, Dirk may have committed.

Agreed, Trevor being kept in the dark is for his own protection.

Whatever was actually discussed at that meeting, was given to us, the readers, in a very redacted format. Our very sneaky author CJ, AKA, “The Goat,” established in the Prologue of Circumnavigation, the inference that the Ares and Rachel were lost at sea. We would not be holding this discussion, unless at least one of us, did not believe that scenario. Keeping our skepticism in mind, you need to factor in one absolute. Nothing can appear in the story, which contradicts that picture. No references to Rachel being alive, or her being able to influence future actions or activities can appear.

I agree here again, however I think the goat has left us enough subtle clues that she is alive. The part about her making good money and needing it. Her tearful wistful remembrance of her son's request for a birthday sea shell and the key lime pies.

A very good example of that appears more than once in the storyline. There is more than one discussion appearing, that takes place involving only Dirk and Jim. Several times, the reaction Trevor will have when the secrets are revealed after December 16 is discussed. They both appear to agree the presence of Joel will help him over the rough times. There was no reference to the presence of Rachel, or what if any influence she might have on the situation, appearing in writing. Why? It is simple. Rachel is Dead.

Errr! If Rachel is dead there would be no conspiracy, and the statutes would have run years ago. The rough times for Trevor are going to be the shock of knowing his mother has been alive all these years and finding out Dirk knew along.

Before continuing I would like to establish an understanding between us regarding a fact of law. A Criminal Conspiracy is an agreement, between two or more persons, to commit a crime. Let me give you a simple example. Joe and John meet and agree to steal Bill’s boat, which is stored on a trailer, parked in Bill’s driveway. In order to haul the boat away, they steal a truck with a trailer hitch, belonging to Tom, from a parking lot. Together they do what they planned. Each crime is a separate one. Both Joe and John can be charged with each offense. For the sake of this discussion, let me establish a Statute of Limitations. Each and every crime, except for the Criminal Conspiracy, has a Statute of Limitations of five years. The Criminal Conspiracy has a Statute of Limitations of ten years. What this means is that while neither of them could be prosecuted for stealing the boat or truck after five years, they could be charged with the Criminal Conspiracy to do so.

No argument from me here!

This is what Dirk is dealing with. Every individual crime he committed has already passed the expiration of each Statute of Limitations. What he is waiting for is the expiration of the Criminal Conspiracy Statutes of Limitation. As far as I can figure out, the authorities do not even know about these crimes.

Yep!

This meeting was held early in November. At that time, according to Frank Tittle, all of the crimes committed by Dirk, both Federal and State, have already passed the expiration of each individual Statute of Limitations, except for three. All are violations of Federal Law. One is a violation of Internal Revenue Law. My belief is this involved Dirk’s actions, acting as Rachel’s Executor, filing her final Income Tax return. According to Frank Tittle, this would expire later that month. In fact, the storyline is well past that date.

The second charge is a Federal Conspiracy charge. According to Frank Tittle, there is a Statute of Limitations of seven years for this crime. This will expire sometime early in the month of December, before December 16th. I believe this charge is based on a Criminal Conspiracy involving Dirk and Rachel, setting up the disappearance of the Ares and Rachel. Based on the expiration date, Dirk’s last action in support of this conspiracy, occurred early in the month of December 1999. This by the way is when the Memorial Service for Rachel was held.

The final charge is also Federal Conspiracy charge. According to Frank Tittle, there is a Statute of Limitations of ten years for this crime. This will expire on December 16th. Dirk’s last action in support of this conspiracy, must have occurred on or about December 16th, 1996. That is approximately five months before the Disappearance. I believe both Dirk and Rachel were involved in this conspiracy.

Let us look at some of the individual crimes, which may have been committed, by Dirk, in support of the first two charges listed above. Several are easily determined. Dirk had to have filed paperwork to have Rachel declared deceased. He filed insurance claims with insurance companies for the Ares and for the death of Rachel. I am sure there were other crimes committed by him.

There is no information available to form a reasonable hypothesis of what crimes were involved in the third charge. There is no way to determine when, or how, the two Criminal Conspiracies started, what crimes were involved or what all of Dirk’s actions were to support either conspiracy.

Rachel probably was discussed during this meeting. But, like I previously stated, nothing about her was included in Chapter 54, or elsewhere, because she is presumed to be dead.

In addition, information has surfaced during the story; Rachel was involved in criminal activities with Bridget. They apparently were the laundering and concealment of money. Rachel was under investigation for this at the time of the Disappearance.

The Expiration of the Statute of Limitations, discussed by Frank Tittle with Dirk, only addresses Dirk. Based on what information Dirk provided Frank, he advised Dirk as to the successful completion dates.

Lets examine Rachel’s situation. To start with, Frank Tittle is not Rachel’s attorney. Frank has no information, to the best of my understanding; knowledge and belief, as to what Rachel may or may not have done since the Disappearance. As to the investigation underway when she disappeared, Dirk may not be aware of it. I am more inclined to believe he does not know anything about it. Rachel was putting money away for her own purposes. Rachel may not have any arrest warrants currently open. If there were any, I believe they would have been canceled when a court declared her deceased. The bottom line is: Rachel fled and went into hiding. Dirk stayed and waited out The Expiration of the Statutes of Limitation.

IMHO, when and if, the authorities learn of the conspiracies Dirk and Rachel were involved with, they will open investigations. They may not be able to touch Dirk, but Rachel is fair game.

Then consider Rachel arriving in and establishing residency in Australia. What happened to all that money she has squirreled away from her illegal activities? How about the monies realized from the sale of the Lagoon 55 she sailed away from The Bahamas?

Something to consider.

Pretty much agree on this.

Marty

Hi Benji, OOOOOOOOppppppppppsssssssss

Errr! If Rachel is dead there would be no conspiracy, and the statutes would have run years ago. The rough times for Trevor are going to be the shock of knowing his mother has been alive all these years and finding out Dirk knew along.

Sorry Benji,

I should have said

PRESUMED DEAD.

Marty

I can't say much, but I can say conclusively, without much fear of contradiction, that the primary gist of the theories espoused here are either correct, or incorrect. So, I've narrowed it down to two options. :)

And hrmmm, perhaps I should give a little spoiler?

I can't say much, but I can say conclusively, without much fear of contradiction, that the primary gist of the theories espoused here are either correct, or incorrect. So, I've narrowed it down to two options. :)

And hrmmm, perhaps I should give a little spoiler?

A typical response from, "The Goat."

Then CHJ posts a SPOILER. Well just for $hits and grins, I clicked the Show Button.

Yep!!!!

All that happened was

The button changed from SHOW to HIDE

Hi Benji,

Something new for you to consider.

Think back to Chapter 66. It is a Tuesday. Trevor returns to the Customs Station after spending most of the day with Shane. Officer Fowler confronts Trevor about finding the .357 revolver. Ever since I read Greg’s explanation, to Trevor, it has bothered me. His answer regarding the size of Trevor’s hiding place is, in my opinion reasonable. I more or less allowed myself disregard the unstated reason by Fowler, as to why he felt it necessary to search and examine the crew cabin.

That is a good question, but I suppose all customs agents search vessels as they seem to be suspicious of, it did make me wonder why Fowler would use the magnet on the floor boards to reveal a hidden compartment though. In this case Fowler said he suspected Trevor had a hiding place when he brought up money, giving him a plausible excuse to search. But did he have prior inklings of such a hiding spot?

Now think about the Prologue. Specifically, the section regarding Dirk’s objections to Rachel operating the Ares as a charter boat. He was concerned about her safety, taking out charters alone.

Certainly understandable and admirable from Dirk, makes you wonder if Rachel too had a hidden gun on-board the Aries for protection.

Next skip forward to Trevor’s explanation to Joel, regarding his having the Magnum aboard. He told Joel his father insisted he be able to protect himself while on charters. In fact, in Chapter 3, Dirk quizzed Trevor about his upcoming charter. Dirk wanted to know if they had been checked out.

Yeah, but that still make sense, protection is a non-issue as it is warranted in the business Trevor was in. He is traveling in waters frequented by drug smugglers. Remember Jim, not only knew Joel was holding the gun, but knew what model it was, making it plain that Jim secured the gun for Dirk to give to Trevor.

Benji, it is quite obvious to me, Greg Fowler presently knows a lot more about Trevor and his Atlantis, than he did when he first rescued them. IMHO, someone briefed him between the time of the rescue and Greg confronting Trevor about finding the revolver.

Could not agree with you any more here, Fowler had his suspicions at first but was satisfied that Trevor was on the level, WHY? He knew more information that he did not want to reveal or could not reveal.

Over half of the yachts that made up the convoy, discussed at the meeting in Chapter 40, were unarmed. Based on everything I have read, Australia does not have our United States Second Amendment culture. I doubt a private yacht, operating in Australian waters is likely to have a handgun aboard.

I'm not really sure of Australian laws regarding gun ownership, too lazy to look it up I guess. But I would not be surprised if rifles were allowed on boats but not handguns. Remember the salties up north!

Moving along, here are some facts to consider... First of all, Dirk insisted Trevor learns to protect himself. Then he provided him with a handgun and made sure he trained with the firearm. I think it is reasonable to conclude, Dirk required Rachel to do the same.

I can concur there!

I think whomever gave the information to Greg, informed him of the probability there was a handgun aboard. Fowler explained how he knew the general location of Trevor’s hide-a-way compartment. Trevor had constructed a well-concealed compartment. However he goofed by leaving the magnet there. Even so, as Greg explained, it took two trained customs officers about a half hour to locate it.

I disagree there, these are trained custom agents and they knew what to look for, Fowler saw Trevor exiting the forward cabin with money and guessed he had more to hide.

Then, after Officer Fowler has "FOUND, the revolver, he turns into, Officer Good Guy. He not only does not make an arrest, Greg puts into effect a cover-up. I would think he would have to amend his original report. The handgun would need to be accounted for on Day One. Tuesday is Day Three. Fowler would have to convince Craig to do the same. Then Fowler would have to create a false Evidence Log entry. Why would he stick his neck out? This has been ticking along in the background ever since it appeared in Chapter 66. But, with so many other mysteries in this story, it got lost in the shuffel.

That leads us to two conclusions here, first that Fowler is convinced that Trevor is the real deal and not lying, the 2nd being is that he knows all about Trevor and willing to give a pass because his wife is somehow involved. Remember I still hold a 50/50 that it is Fowler's wife or Blake's wife that is Rachel, leaning towards Fowlers wife.

I would suggest you go back and read the conversation Greg has with Craig in Chapter 90. I am specifically referring to where he more or less try’s to apologize to Craig, for not telling him everything. Then go back and read thoroughly the conversation between Greg and Trevor in Chapter 66.

I'm very aware of Fowler' conversation with Craig, it takes on the credibility of Fowler not being able to reveal anything until after December 16th.

Benji, I may be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Marty

My thoughts!!! B)

Hi Benji,

This posting is filled with a lot of questions, but no real answers.

I would like to explore with you the dynamics of the relationship between Martin and Sarah Blake. Ever since Trevor met Martin in Chapter 70, one primary thing has been bothering me, and still is.

When Martin exited his pickup, he is described as being in his early thirties. I have considered this part of his description many times. No matter how many times I mull it over, I cannot determine if this is Trevor’s opinion or the narrators description. IMHO, I have a lot more wiggle room if it is Trevor’s determination. For the sake of this discussion I am establishing Martin’s age as thirty-three in 2006. And Yes, Benji, I know, appearances can be deceiving.

According to Martin, Kookaburra is the first boat he has owned, and he purchased her new. Based on the information in Chapter 81, the Builders Plaque, affixed to the transom by, JeanneauTechniques Advances, indicates she was launched in 1996.

Let me thrash out with you the finances first. We know Dirk received Fifty Thousand dollars from the insurance company for the Ares. The narrative in the Prologue indicates the sale price established by Arnold Bellevue with the Carlson’s was on the low side. This was because he said he wanted to screw over his wife in an upcoming divorce. My guess regarding the insured value was established based on the original sale price. Dirk had filed an intent to increase the insured value of the Ares. Plus the engines were either overhauled or replaced after the sale. This no doubt enhanced her value. That requested increase and the request to enlarge the value of Rachel's life insurance was withdrawn by Dirk, prior to the Disappearance, according to Sergeant Gonzalez.

Ten years later, Trevor’s Atlantis has an insured value of Six Hundred Thousand dollars. There was some mention in the story that Yacht prices had increased in recent years,

Taking everything into consideration, I am going to establish a sale price for the Kookaburra at Three Hundred Thousand dollars (US), when Martin bought her in 1996. That is approximately ten years ago.

Lets discuss boats next. The Kookaburra is not a small, medium or even a large boat. Shane describes her as a building. Add in the fact, Kookaburra is a catamaran. Top that off with the biggest reality, she is a sailboat. That is, IMHO, one hell of a lot of boat for a newbie skipper.

Martin Blake decides to start big, OK. There were twenty Lagoon 55s produced. Add in the sixteen 57s. Grand total produced was thirty-six. Those numbers do not seem to be a significant proportion of large sail boats, when you look at it on a worldwide basis. There is no question my mind, Martin had received advice to purchase a Lagoon 57, from someone familiar with the Lagoon series of boats.

Well now, Martin has chosen the boat he wants. At present, he resides on a ranch or farm. Most people who do so, are born into ranch or farm owning families. All the information available in the story indicates Martin Blake is still learning, after ten years, to handle Kookaburra. He purchases a very large sailboat. He then goes into the business of operating her as a charter boat. You need to be licensed, here in the U.S., to do so. In the U.S., in order to get a Captain's License, you have to document your experience. I would think you would need to be licensed in Australia. So, how did he do that? Interesting question, isn't it.

Going back a bit now. This novice Captain, who probably resides on a farm or ranch, plunks down or finances a Three Hundred Thousand, US Dollars, very large size sailboat, ten years ago, at the approximate age of twenty-three. Kind of young to be able to get that kind of money.

While you are thinking about this, let me continue.

The biggest problem I have is based solely on my understanding, of the observation in Chapter 70 as to Martin's age. This has been bothering me since I first read that chapter. I established Martin Blake’s age in 2006 at thirty-three. Ten years ago he would have been approximately twenty-three. The kindest age I can establish for Rachel in 2006 is forty years of age. Benji If you don’t agree with me go back to the Prologue and do your own math. Don’t forget to figure in how many years between the marriage with Dirk and the birth of Trevor.

One other interesting fact to keep in mind. Martin Blake and Greg Fowler have been friends since school days. I don’t know about you Benji, but most of my school friends were about my age. That means Greg is about the same age as Martin.

Based on my life experience, most men at twenty-three are looking for someone their own age to younger for partners, not someone seven years older than themselves. The gap between thirty-three and forty is a lot smaller than the one between twenty-three and thirty.

To tell you the truth Benji, I don’t have a good answer to the many of the points, I raised. I am looking forward to your input. I certainly hope to get some answers.

Now I have given you, and no doubt anyone else who reads this, something to keep you busy thinking about, over the weekend, while waiting for Chapter 91.

Bye for now.

Marty

Hi Benji,

This posting is filled with a lot of questions, but no real answers.

I would like to explore with you the dynamics of the relationship between Martin and Sarah Blake. Ever since Trevor met Martin in Chapter 70, one primary thing has been bothering me, and still is.

When Martin exited his pickup, he is described as being in his early thirties. I have considered this part of his description many times. No matter how many times I mull it over, I cannot determine if this is Trevor’s opinion or the narrators description. IMHO, I have a lot more wiggle room if it is Trevor’s determination. For the sake of this discussion I am establishing Martin’s age as thirty-three in 2006. And Yes, Benji, I know, appearances can be deceiving.

Look can be very deceiving, so are goats! That said, it was Trevor's opinion and not the narrator that Martin looked to be in his early 30's. I know that I was always told I looked younger then I was, people always pegged me being 10 years younger then I was. So, I'm going to guess, Martin is is in his early 40's

According to Martin, Kookaburra is the first boat he has owned, and he purchased her new. Based on the information in Chapter 81, the Builders Plaque, affixed to the transom by, JeanneauTechniques Advances, indicates she was launched in 1996.

I wondered why they bothered to get a new plaque when the only additional information on it is the new name of the boat.

"Mrs. Blake said it even reduces Kookaburra's Draft by a few inches" Replied Shane. Mrs. Blake seems to know a lot about boats. Remember she baked a turkey dinner for Trevor with the traditional American candied yams, that Shane said he had never had before? And the desert, pavola pie, Shane was surprised that Trevor had part of the name down, then Trevor just barely whispered that he 'had it before'. I'm switching my suspicion back to Mrs. Blake, as being Rachel.

Let me thrash out with you the finances first. We know Dirk received Fifty Thousand dollars from the insurance company for the Ares. The narrative in the Prologue indicates the sale price established by Arnold Bellevue with the Carlson’s was on the low side. This was because he said he wanted to screw over his wife in an upcoming divorce. My guess regarding the insured value was established based on the original sale price. Dirk had filed an intent to increase the insured value of the Ares. Plus the engines were either overhauled or replaced after the sale. This no doubt enhanced her value. That requested increase and the request to enlarge the value of Rachel's life insurance was withdrawn by Dirk, prior to the Disappearance, according to Sergeant Gonzalez.

Ten years later, Trevor’s Atlantis has an insured value of Six Hundred Thousand dollars. There was some mention in the story that Yacht prices had increased in recent years,

Taking everything into consideration, I am going to establish a sale price for the Kookaburra at Three Hundred Thousand dollars (US), when Martin bought her in 1996. That is approximately ten years ago.

The Blake's purchased the Kookaburra, I'm sure Martin would have never done such on his own without being taught by an expert. The mystery is were did the Aries wind up?

Lets discuss boats next. The Kookaburra is not a small, medium or even a large boat. Shane describes her as a building. Add in the fact, Kookaburra is a catamaran. Top that off with the biggest reality, she is a sailboat. That is, IMHO, one hell of a lot of boat for a newbie skipper.

That furthers the reasoning that Rachel is Mrs. Blake, and she taught Martin how to sail her.

Martin Blake decides to start big, OK. There were twenty Lagoon 55s produced. Add in the sixteen 57s. Grand total produced was thirty-six. Those numbers do not seem to be a significant proportion of large sail boats, when you look at it on a worldwide basis. There is no question my mind, Martin had received advice to purchase a Lagoon 57, from someone familiar with the Lagoon series of boats. Exactly!

Well now, Martin has chosen the boat he wants. At present, he resides on a ranch or farm. Most people who do so, are born into ranch or farm owning families. All the information available in the story indicates Martin Blake is still learning, after ten years, to handle Kookaburra. He purchases a very large sailboat. He then goes into the business of operating her as a charter boat. You need to be licensed, here in the U.S., to do so. In the U.S., in order to get a Captain's License, you have to document your experience. I would think you would need to be licensed in Australia. So, how did he do that? Interesting question, isn't it.

Again, it has to be Rachel, sailing is in her blood.

Going back a bit now. This novice Captain, who probably resides on a farm or ranch, plunks down or finances a Three Hundred Thousand, US Dollars, very large size sailboat, ten years ago, at the approximate age of twenty-three. Kind of young to be able to get that kind of money.

I still think Martin, Fowler and Rachel are of the same age, Trevor was making a guess the the age of Martin. As for the money, Rachel made a lot and if she sold the Aries she'd have enough to purchase the Kookaburra.

While you are thinking about this, let me continue.

The biggest problem I have is based solely on my understanding, of the observation in Chapter 70 as to Martin's age. This has been bothering me since I first read that chapter. I established Martin Blake’s age in 2006 at thirty-three. Ten years ago he would have been approximately twenty-three. The kindest age I can establish for Rachel in 2006 is forty years of age. Benji If you don’t agree with me go back to the Prologue and do your own math. Don’t forget to figure in how many years between the marriage with Dirk and the birth of Trevor.

I agree, except in your assessment of Martin's age.

One other interesting fact to keep in mind. Martin Blake and Greg Fowler have been friends since school days. I don’t know about you Benji, but most of my school friends were about my age. That means Greg is about the same age as Martin.

I agree

Based on my life experience, most men at twenty-three are looking for someone their own age to younger for partners, not someone seven years older than themselves. The gap between thirty-three and forty is a lot smaller than the one between twenty-three and thirty.

To tell you the truth Benji, I don’t have a good answer to the many of the points, I raised. I am looking forward to your input. I certainly hope to get some answers.

Now I have given you, and no doubt anyone else who reads this, something to keep you busy thinking about, over the weekend, while waiting for Chapter 91.

Damn right, I had to re-read a couple chapters! :lmao:

Bye for now.

Marty

My thoughts!

Hi Benji,

I had this prepared and was waiting you to respond to my previous post. I am not going to go through an edit I will post this now. We can agree to disagree about Martin’s actual age I am going to stick with the age appearing in Chapter 70.

New Post

Let me continue to examine the relationships effecting Martin and Sarah with Greg and Shelley. I didn’t go into this when I examined Martin and Sarah.

First let us look at what we know about Rachel. After she and Dirk were married they bought the Ares. After they had possession of the Ares, they found they had been screwed over by Arnold. They couldn’t go back and bitch to him because he was dead; Rachel stepped up and proved her abilities by taking the Ares out on charters without engines. How difficult that was is easy for us to imagine. All we have to do is compare what Trevor did when Dirk disabled the engines in Chapter 7. Not only did she surmount basically the same problem, she had to do it with paying customers aboard.

OK. Rachel proved she was a damned good captain. She certainly didn’t learn that in a book. In chapter 70, Martin tells Trevor, Northam is a couple of hundred miles inland. That figure is grossly exaggerated. Northam is closer to one hundred miles from the Indian Ocean. While doing my research, I have discovered it is on a river. However, based on what I have learned, I doubt the Kookaburra could sail there. No matter what, Rachel learned to be a blue-water sailor before meeting Dirk.

Before I continue I want to establish what I believe. We both agree Rachel is actively present and involved in the current scenario-taking place. I believe Rachel is presently living the life of Sarah Blake. Let me explain why I believe this.

Trevor and his Atlantis barge into Greg Fowlers life. When Greg and Craig find Trevor, after he arrived in Shark Bay, a whole new future begins for Trevor and for Officer Greg Fowler. During the time they were being towed to Carnarvon, Trevor is more or less compelled to give Greg a lot of information. At first, Greg is highly skeptical of Trevor’s story. However once they have arrived, everything Trevor has claimed appears to check out. So much so, Officer Fowler does not require Trevor to immediately produce his hidden funds for verification. Greg does insist the funds be placed in a secure location, as soon as possible, because there may be a thief in the area,

After eating, everybody goes to bed. First thing the next morning Trevor meets Fowler, who sight inventories the money and declares it to be more or less correct, as to the amount.

Whoa. Lets back up a bit here. Greg goes home and tells his wife, Shelley, all about his exciting day. By the time he has done this, it is bedtime. Keep in mind one thing, we do not learn until much later. Trevor is familiar with, in a positive way, the name Shelley.

After Greg departed for work Monday morning, I believe Shelley made a telephone call to her long time friend Sarah, who is known locally as Martin Blake’s wife. One thing we do know, Greg Fowler is treating Trevor in a very nice way.

I believe, it was after Greg returned home that Monday, he learned quite a bit, he hadn’t known before. However think back, just before he left work, he and Craig become involved in the Shane/Trevor situation. The way the two of them handled that, clearly demonstrates to me, they were backing Trevor. Of course, we later learn, Shane is not their favorite person.

Let me skip forward to Tuesday evening. Trevor returns to his Atlantis and learns the $hit has hit the fan. Read back to my previous article. After Greg arrived home on Monday, I believe Shelley had a long, long discussion with him. I will go further. There is no question in my mind that at this point, Greg Fowler became very close to becoming involved in a Criminal Conspiracy. When Greg, the following morning, searched for and located the handgun, he had been alerted to look for, he was in shoal waters. When he proposed his solution to legalize Trevor’s possession and voluntary surrender of the weapon, he was crossing his Rubicon. This would require altering official records. He would have to get Craig to agree, thus dragging Officer Grundig into yet another one of Rachel’s conspiracies. I have two thoughts here. First, I hope this one works as well as the one Rachel planned for the Disappearance. That one is still solidly in place after nine years. My second thought is a question. “I wonder how long the Statute of Limitations is on this type of Criminal Conspiracy in Australia.” Benji, I know you think Rachel comes close to walking on water, but even you will have to admit, she certainly knows how to drag people into her nefarious schemes.

No matter what, even if I am wrong about Shelley, Sarah and the phone calls, Greg Fowler put himself in “Harms Way,” by covering up the finding and legalization of that revolver. I thought so at the time. It is only with recent revelations; a reason has surfaced which possibly explains his actions.

Let me continue with the Martin/Sarah relationship. In 1997 at the time of the Disappearance, Rachel was approximately thirty years of age. Martin would have been in his early twenties. Rachel had been gone from Australia for just about ten years in 1997. When Rachel left, “Down Under,” Martin would have been entering puberty, most likely, a Randy Teenager.

Martin’s farm is located near Geraldton. I have already previously mentioned, I believe most farm owners usually inherit their farms. If this were true in Martin’s case, he would have most likely, grown up in or around the old homestead. Rachel’s family comes from the Northam area of Western Australia. The two locations are approximately 500 kilometers, by road, from each other. It is extremely difficult for me to come up with, a realistic explanation of how the two of them could have known each other, prior to Rachel’s immigrating to the United States. Especially when you factor in the approximately seven-year difference in age.

Greg Fowler has known Martin Blake since school days. That in my opinion eliminates a family name change for Martin.

In my July 4th posting, I speculated Rachel headed for Australia, by way of France, after leaving the Bahamas. I was quite clear she made the plans some time previously. You might want to review the article I posted, to refresh your recollection.

All things being considered: the distance between the probable locations they grew up in; the span of years between them, back when Rachel left Australia she was approximately twenty years of age; with Martin around thirteen, leaves me to question the nature of their current relationship. I am having some serious doubts about it being romantic in nature. If they did not know each other prior to Rachel leaving Australia, they sure made some serious plans, involving large sums of money, before actually meeting. That does not sound like the Rachel I have learned about since starting to read this mystery.

I am awaiting your response. Again lots of questions, very few answers.

Marty

I'm not really sure of Australian laws regarding gun ownership, too lazy to look it up I guess. But I would not be surprised if rifles were allowed on boats but not handguns. Remember the salties up north! B)

Firearm laws in Australia are enforced at a Federal and State level. Gun ownership is accessible only for those persons with 'genuine reasons' who can obtain a Permit to Acquire from local Police stations. 'Genuine Reasons' focus on primary production, licenced sport, animal control or employment requirements, and do not include 'personal protection.' In New South Wales (and similar in other States), firearm ownership is widely prohibited for convicted offenders. Gun ownership is low in metropolitan areas whose residents would generally not fulfill 'Genuine Reasons' requirements. Gun licences must be renewed frequently and expire automatically.

Firearm controls have been in place following the 1996 Port Arthur Massacre. Gun ownership in Australia is not a wide social issue, and major political parties are generally supportive of pro-control legislation (Although parties such as the New South Wales Shooters Party, which represent pro-deregulation, have a small number of seats in State Parliaments). (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Gun_politics)

More detailed info here: Gun politics in Australia (http://en.wikipedia....cs_in_Australia)

Also:

Firearms must be declared on entry. All military-type firearms (greater than .22), machine guns, pistols, revolvers, ammunition, as well as flick knives and knuckledusters are prohibited imports, and will be sealed on board or taken into custody at the first port of entry. Arrangements can be made to transport them to the port of departure if sufficient notice is given of that port and the date of departure. Sporting rifles and shotguns may be kept on board if a permit is obtained from the police. (http://www.cruisersf...untry-1641.html)

And my favourite of the lot (I wonder why??? :) )

In Australia, state laws govern the possesion and use of firearms. They were mostly aligned under the 1996 National Agreement on Firearms. To possess or use a firearm, you must have a Firearms License and (usually) be over the age of 18. Owners must store firearms securely. Before one can buy a firearm, he/she must get a Permit To Acquire. There is a mandatory 28-day delay before it is issued. For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given. Pest control, hunting, target shooting and collecting are valid reasons. Self-defense is not accepted as a reason for issuing a license, though it may be legal to use a firearm for that purpose under some circumstances. Each firearm must be registered to the owner by serial number.

Firearms are divided into Categories:

-Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles and paintball markers

-Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), non-antique muzzleloading firearms

-Category C: Semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding less than 10 rounds, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding less than 5 rounds

-Category H: Handguns, including air pistols, deactivated handguns and guns less than 65 cm long (target shooters are limited to .38 caliber or less) (barrels on semi-automatic handguns must be >4.72" long, >3.94" for revolvers)

-Category R/E: restricted weapons, including but not limited to machine guns, flamethrowers, assault rifles, and anti-tank guns -Antique: single-shot muzzleloading firearms made before 1901, some antique revolvers and repeating firearms

Category C and Category D firearms are more difficult to acquire. For Category C, you must be a primary producer, occupational shooter, collector, or clay target shooter. For category D, you must be an occupational shooter, though collectors can acquire deactivated Category D firearms. (http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/page/Gun+Laws+by+Country)

Hi Benji, OOOOOOOOppppppppppsssssssss

Sorry Benji,

I should have said

PRESUMED DEAD.

Marty

Now I'm really confused :wacko: You're saying Rachel is "presumed dead" by Dirk and Jim in their conversation with each other? :/ Edited by Zombie

Hi Zombie,

Now I'm really confused You're saying Rachel is "presumed dead" by Dirk and Jim in their conversation with each other?

NO. The presumption that Rachel is dead was created by the author, in the Prologue. Dirk knows Rachel is not dead. However, the author cannot publish any part of any conversation between Dirk and Jim to contradict the presumption.

Confusing, isn't it.

Marty

One thing here I can weigh in on that might help; the confiscation of the gun and one aspect of the cash.

First, the cash. Fowler needed to know roughly how much, but that's all, because Trevor would be allowed $10,000 without even declaring it. Once declared, there's no problem at all with Trevor keeping it. Now, Fowler did overstep himself in one issue with the cash; he forced Trevor to put it in a bank. He had no legal authority to do so.

Greg Fowler stayed within Aussie law on finding the gun, too. Yes, Trevor should have declared it, but also, for a normal arrival, Fowler would have asked and Trevor would have filled in several customs forms. Had Trevor denied it at that point, he'd have been seriously breaking the law. Technically, he'd broken it anyway, but the manner of Atlantis's arrival cut him some slack in several ways; he'd just been through a horrendous ordeal and a long battle to survive, plus there's the issue of people trying to kill him twice. Also, Trevor didn't fill in a customs declaration at all (except later, for the money). I think it would have been awfully hard to convict Trevor, given that he wasn't asked about the gun, and the circumstances of his arrival. And, under the circumstances, Fowler would have been heartless to toss Trevor in jail. Maybe Fowler was inclined to cut him a little slack, much the way a police officer responding to a home invasion call from a terrified homeowner might very well turn a blind eye to a little pot plant growing near the back window, and refrain from arresting the victim.

Fowler's method of dealing with the gun (shipping it to Trevor's point of departure from Australia and letting him have it back there) is exactly how they handle the issue of firearms on visiting yachts in Australia.

No falsification of records would be needed. They could just report it found when they found it.I'm not saying that they did, just that they could have. :)

BTW, as an aside, the Port Aurthur massacre Zombie mentioned occurred in Port Author, Tasmania. That's where Carnarvon Bay, Tasmania, is.

CJ :)

Hi Zombie,

NO. The presumption that Rachel is dead was created by the author, in the Prologue. Dirk knows Rachel is not dead. However, the author cannot publish any part of any conversation between Dirk and Jim to contradict the presumption.

Confusing, isn't it.

Marty

Right, so what you in fact meant to say was:

Dirk and Jim ... both appear to agree the presence of Joel will help him over the rough times. There was no reference to the presence of Rachel, or what if any influence she might have on the situation, appearing in writing. Why? It is simple. Because the evil puppet master wanted to misdirect the reader to believe Rachel is Dead. :)

Dirk and Jim ... both appear to agree the presence of Joel will help him over the rough times. There was no reference to the presence of Rachel, or what if any influence she might have on the situation, appearing in writing. Why? It is simple. Because the evil puppet master wanted to misdirect the reader to believe Rachel is Dead. :)

Me? Evil?!?!? :blink: :blink: :blink: Zombie... shame on you! I'm not evil!! And as for misdirecting, would I do a thing like that? 0:)

Are you guys familiar with the onion defense? It's a method used by intelligence agencies when concealing something. The wrap it in a lie, wrapped up in another lie, etc, many layers, like an onion. Solve one part of it, and in doing so, lead yourself astray on the others.

CJ :)

Hi Zombie,,

You certainly are correct about, "The Goat." I think your comment about him and his evil ways must have hit a nerve or something. He has been real quiet lately.

Marty

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..