Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Brain Storming

Well Benji, the time and date are approaching for the secrets hidden in Circumnavigation to come out of the shadows and be examined. It is my opinion we have unearthed and unmasked many of them.

The timeline is puzzling to me, I thinking 5 days, but maybe he will move things up with Joel and Lisa's interview with Henry.

There are still a few that elude us. Some completely, but they are very few, IMO. Others we differ in our deductions. I would like to present my opinion on one of the less important ones.

We agree that Rachel is currently in Australia and is aware of what is taking place in and around Carnarvon. She cannot allow herself to be seen by Trevor. My considered opinion is the residents of that location know her as Mrs. Sarah Blake. I do not know if she is actually married to Martin Blake. I do not believe, It matters what the actual relationship is. I believe Sarah has a long affiliation with Shelly Foster. It is obvious Shelly has extensive information about Trevor. I believe it is very probable that Shelly is the sister of Rachel, therefore truly is, Trevor’s aunt.

I agree here, not sure if she is married to Martin or not, but it does appear that Shelly is Rachel's sister.

I do not believe Greg Foster had any knowledge, of the events occurring at the time of the Disappearance, when he first encountered Trevor aboard his Atlantis.

I agree here too, Fowler had no idea who Trevor was or if his story was true or not. Things changed over time, I think it wasn't until after the reporters left the first time did he get some more revealing information on Trevor.

Benji, Keeping what I just said in mind, go back and read Chapter 59 about when Greg boarded Trevor’s stripped boat. Pay special attention to the narrator’s description of Greg’s attitude and responses to Trevor’s story as he told it. Also read any dialogue in recent chapters between him and his wife. Examine his statements to others, especially his partner Craig. I believe Greg Foster was very impressed by Trevor and his tale. Once his wife gave him the information about what had occurred at the time of the Disappearance, Greg has certainly acting like a benevolent uncle. How much he was told about the happenings in Florida a decade ago, I would not even guess at.

That could be tricky, could the US justify a foreign citizens knowledge as an excuse to extend the statutes of limitations?

Exactly what Rachel’s legal status is, would be impossible for me to determine, with as little actual information has been disclosed so far in the story. I do not believe she is going to be cleared because of an expiration of any Statute of Limitations. I do believe she is once again manipulating events and any outcome derived from them, I would be utterly surprised if she didn’t walk away from everything, legally exonerated of any criminal charges. I do not mean she disappears again. How she will pull this off I do not know. I wouldn’t try to guess.

Posted Image

Well we differ here, I believe she be free of any charges, plus I think she is holding a trump card with Arnolds information.

Benji, you know I think Rachel is a lowlife. I am well aware you do not agree with me regarding her. Our agreement to agree to disagree stands solid. However I do not intend to stop voicing my opinion of her. I do not believe there is much difference between her and Bridget Bellevue. Whether or not the dark side of Rachel/Sarah becomes known is impossible for me even to guess at. Only time will tell.

Yep, we agree to disagree!!

Looking forward to you comments.

Marty

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Benji,

Here are my comments after I read your remarks. Once again I removed any sections which we agreed in.

Well Benji, the time and date are approaching for the secrets hidden in Circumnavigation to come out of the shadows and be examined. It is my opinion we have unearthed and unmasked many of them.

The timeline is puzzling to me, I thinking 5 days, but maybe he will move things up with Joel and Lisa's interview with Henry.

Benji I do not even try to keep track of the timeline in Florida. The meeting with Gonzalez and Henry in Chapter 92 has no indication what date or day of the week it took place. The scheduled get together with Joel will be on Monday, December 11th.

The Kookaburra anchored somewhere around Midnight near Stork Island. When Trev and Shane wake up the following morning it will be Friday December 8th, in Australia.

There are still a few that elude us. Some completely, but they are very few, IMO. Others we differ in, in our deductions. I would like to present my opinion on one of the less important ones.

I do not believe Greg Foster had any knowledge, of the events occurring at the time of the Disappearance, when he first encountered Trevor aboard his Atlantis.

I agree here too, Fowler had no idea who Trevor was or if his story was true or not.

Things changed over time, I think it wasn't until after the reporters left the first time did he get some more revealing information on Trevor.

I do not agree. I think Greg received some, if not all information, when he arrived home Monday evening. When Greg returned to work the following morning, Tuesday, he knew there probably was a handgun concealed somewhere on the boat. There is a conversation in Chapter 91 between Greg and Craig about the search. Notice how vaguely Greg responds to comments.

Benji, Keeping what I just said in mind, go back and read Chapter 59 about when Greg boarded Trevor’s stripped boat. Pay special attention to the narrator’s description of Greg’s attitude and responses to Trevor’s story as he told it. Also read any dialogue in recent chapters between him and his wife. Examine his statements to others, especially his partner Craig. I believe Greg Foster was very

impressed by Trevor and his tale. Once his wife gave him the information about what had occurred at the time of the Disappearance, Greg has certainly acting like a benevolent uncle. How much he was told about the happenings in Florida a decade ago, I would not even guess at.

That could be tricky, could the US justify a foreign citizens knowledge as an excuse to extend the statutes of limitations?

Sorry Benji, I do not understand what you are referring to here.

Exactly what Rachel’s legal status is, would be impossible for me to determine, with as little actual information has been disclosed so far in the story. I do not believe she is going to be cleared because of an expiration of any Statute of Limitations. I do believe she is once again manipulating events and any outcome derived from them, I would be utterly surprised if she didn’t walk away from everything, legally exonerated of any criminal charges. I do not mean she disappears again. How she will pull this off I do not know. I wouldn’t try to guess.

Well we differ here, I believe she be free of any charges, plus I think she is holding a trump card with Arnolds information.

Benji, here we definitely disagree. She may be able to use the Arnold info to do some bargaining with US authorities to get herself off the hook. But how good is information that is approximately nineteen years old. The nearest I can figure is Bridget murdered Arnold sometime in 1987. Arnold would have had to conceal the information before he died.

When Rachel arrived in Australia she had operated her charter business for approximately ten years. There s no way we can even guess how much she squirreled away during that time. We know she was involved in laundering money. She must have made money doing that. Was it in cash, gold or other valuable items? Was it in numbered bank accounts somewhere in the world? Did she declare it to the Australian authorities? Benji, we don’t know enough about what Rachel was involved in or doing to make a Wild Ass Guess.

Marty

Benji, the US can't do much with foreign citizens who aren't within the US; they cannot be compelled to testify, nor would telling one something overseas be a crime from a US perspective. :)

Marty, I don't always keep the Florida scenes perfectly synced with respect to timezones, unless there's a phone call involved, but basically I do keep to the same day as other events, so you don't have to worry that there's a differing timeline for Florida. There sometimes is, but it's on the order of hours, not days. :)

Benji, the US can't do much with foreign citizens who aren't within the US; they cannot be compelled to testify, nor would telling one something overseas be a crime from a US perspective. Posted Image

Marty, I don't always keep the Florida scenes perfectly synced with respect to timezones, unless there's a phone call involved, but basically I do keep to the same day as other events, so you don't have to worry that there's a differing timeline for Florida. There sometimes is, but it's on the order of hours, not days. Posted Image

That is pretty much the way I see it CJ. The story timeline is is controlled by the events taking place in Australia at present. To put it a different way, "All events revolve around Trevor." The only occasion where there might be a conflict, IMHO, could occur on or about December 17th. Would Trevor be emancipated in Australia or would he have to wait until 13:00 hours Western Australia Time? From reading the story so far, my understanding is: Trevor's Emancipation documents have already been filed in the appropriate Florida court. At present, it is only a matter of waiting until the effective date to arrive, for Trevor to have that take effect.

Why do I have a feeling that this portion of your response to Benji:

"nor would telling one something overseas be a crime from a US perspective."

will become intrinsic in upcoming events?

Edited by MartyS

That is pretty much the way I see it CJ. The story timeline is is controlled by the events taking place in Australia at present. To put it a different way, "All events revolve around Trevor." The only occasion where there might be a conflict, IMHO, could occur on or about December 17th. Would Trevor be emancipated in Australia or would he have to wait until 13:00 hours Western Australia Time? From reading the story so far, my understanding is: Trevor's Emancipation documents have already been filed in the appropriate Florida court. At present, it is only a matter of waiting until the effective date to arrive, for Trevor to have that take effect.

Why do I have a feeling that this portion of your response to Benji:

"nor would telling one something overseas be a crime from a US perspective."

will become intrinsic in upcoming events?

Posted Image ......... I think the goat answered my question here, no matter what Rachel is crime free, Dirk on the other hand needs to wait out the statutes as does Trevor although he has no clue why! She could could have flapped her mouth off and not worry about being prosecuted, as the goat made clear that even foreigners are not subject to US laws even if they know of the supposed crime.

The only example I can give would be... let's use Trevor, Joel, and Shane as an example. Trevor and Joel did an illegal charter in Greece. Let's assume they conspired to commit tax evasion in doing so. Now, if Trevor mentions what they did to Shane, is that illegal? No. Does it restart the statue of limitations clock? No. Is Shane under any obligation to report an illegal act? No. Now, if Trevor asks for Shane's help (and gets it) in hiding the money from the charter from US officials, is that a further overt act in the conspiracy? Sort of, but problematic: It's not an act between the original conspirators, and as long as Shane isn't breaking Australian law, it's not an illegal act in that jurisdiction. Also, although the US has an extradition treaty with Australia, there is no way Shane could be compelled to testify in a US case unless he was in US territory.

When Trevor was in the Seychelles and Gonzalez ordered him to fly to Egypt, then home to testify, Gonzalez was on shaky grounds; he could only force Trevor to do so via serving him with a subpoena. He'd have no ability to do so to a foreign citizen overseas.

CJ :)

The only example I can give would be... let's use Trevor, Joel, and Shane as an example. Trevor and Joel did an illegal charter in Greece. Let's assume they conspired to commit tax evasion in doing so. Now, if Trevor mentions what they did to Shane, is that illegal? No. Does it restart the statue of limitations clock? No. Is Shane under any obligation to report an illegal act? No. Now, if Trevor asks for Shane's help (and gets it) in hiding the money from the charter from US officials, is that a further overt act in the conspiracy? Sort of, but problematic: It's not an act between the original conspirators, and as long as Shane isn't breaking Australian law, it's not an illegal act in that jurisdiction. Also, although the US has an extradition treaty with Australia, there is no way Shane could be compelled to testify in a US case unless he was in US territory.

When Trevor was in the Seychelles and Gonzalez ordered him to fly to Egypt, then home to testify, Gonzalez was on shaky grounds; he could only force Trevor to do so via serving him with a subpoena. He'd have no ability to do so to a foreign citizen overseas.

CJ Posted Image

CJ,

That is a very good hypothetical scenario. I believe the charter in Greece was during the month of August. This is the month of December. Like Frank Tittle said in Chapter 54 he is not overly knowledgeable of IRS laws. Neither am I. However, that does not matter at present. I also do not know how Trever's Atlantis business is registered. None of this matters. To start with Tax filing is approximately four months away for the calender year 2006. Trev would have to decide to attempt to evade paying tax on the monies earned from the charter. Unless I am badly mistaken, Trevor will know shortly everything that caused the problems for Dirk and Rachel. Failure to pay taxes is I believe one of the reasons at the root of the problem. I would like to think Trevor is smart enough not to go down that road. I would be willing to bet Dirk will warn him off that path. I sincerely hope he follows Dirk's advice, not Rachel's. Let me speculate a bit. I know you do not have to pay withholding taxes unless the amount owe at the end of a tax year, is over a certain amount. IF you do go over the amount you have to pay a penalty. I am sure there are all kinds of rules governing US Citizen's outside the US. So my suggestion is to wait until you get to the bridge, before you cross it. To put it real simple. Lets wait until a crime against the laws of the United States is committed. For the sake of argument let us agree Trevor and Joel conspired to conceal the income from the Greek charter. Until Trevor actually files his tax return no crime has been committed.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Posted Image ......... I think the goat answered my question here, no matter what Rachel is crime free, Dirk on the other hand needs to wait out the statutes as does Trevor although he has no clue why! She could could have flapped her mouth off and not worry about being prosecuted, as the goat made clear that even foreigners are not subject to US laws even if they know of the supposed crime.

Hi Benji,

You have made it very clear what your opinion is regarding Rachel. I have made it very obvious how I feel about her. We do not allow our opinions to create a barrier to our collaboration in solving the secrets in Circumnavigation.

Let me first outline some of the beliefs we agree on. Ares did not sink as the result of the Disappearance in May 1997. Rachel did not die at that time. Prior to the Disappearance, Dirk and Rachel committed more than one criminal offense in setting up the Disappearance. During the time span the Disappearance was taking place and afterward Dirk committed additional crimes. Exactly what crimes Rachel may have committed is not known. Dirk is waiting for the expiration of one or more Statutes of Limitation. Dirk remained living in Fort Pierce, except for fleeing when he was going to be charged with two counts of murder and one count of attempted murder. If everything I have read is correct, Dirk's fleeing will not effect the expiration of those Statutes of Limitation. The two charges which will expire in December 2006 are for Criminal Conspiracy. One person cannot create a conspiracy. Dirk had to conspire with someone. Rachel was involved in at least one of the Criminal Conspiracies Dirk is waiting to expire. According to Frank Tittle Dirk will be free and clear as of December 16th, 2006.

We do not know what the second conspiracy Dirk is waiting to expire consists of. We do not know what crimes were committed to support either conspiracy. What we do know is: several crimes were committed in violation of either the laws of the United States or the State of Florida. Frank Tittle informed Dirk, any laws he violated had already expired.

A court declared Rachel was deceased. In order for this to happen, Someone must have filed paperwork requesting such action by the court. Evidence must have been submitted. Sworn affidavits must have been filed. Rachel is considered to be dead, but only because a court said so. Any decision by any court may be overturned by another court, if the court doing so has the power to do so. Even decisions by the Supreme Court of the United States can be altered by the Supreme Court.

I do not wish you to answer this question, here in the Forum. I do want you to give it serious consideration. Do you really believe Rachel should get off without paying any kind of penalty, for the crimes she not only committed, but instigated many years ago, Don't forget this fact: Trevor would not have had to flee, nor almost be murdered twice, nor grown up without a mother, unless Rachel had started the ball rolling before he was born. While you are thinking about my question, go back and carefully read the Prologue.

Marty

Hi Benji,

Welcome to Day One of the seven day hiatus marking the interval between Chapters 93 and 94. It feels to me the gaps separating chapters are stretching, as we come close to the finale.

I think Chapter 93 is one of the better ones appearing so far. The brief nostalgic trip taken by the Antarctic Star’s Captain was interesting and informative. It is sidebars like that, inserted into the storyline, which are almost a hallmark throughout this story.

That little trip down memory lane tells me one thing for sure. The bell has begun knolling. It does so to mark the passing of CJs prediction, regarding the total number of chapters not exceeding the century mark. I am looking forward to reading, what cockamamie explanation he will come up, to distance himself from having predicted it. Just like CHJ, “Open mouth insert not one, but all four hooves and immediately start to run.

Chapter 93 addressed three of the Australian sub-plots included in the storyline. I was slightly disappointed the Captain had yet to learn, how Barney had screwed over him regarding the garlic crusher.

The interplay between the two reporters is exactly what I have learned to expect from members of the Fourth Estate. If you take two reporters, stuff them in a barrel, seal down the top, then send it rolling down a hill, there will be an S.O.B. on top throughout the trip. They are not happy enough screwing over the public,

One regret I have at this point in the storyline. It appears to me, Basingstoke was arrived at a conclusion regarding Trevor’s current means of travel and concealment. I really was hoping he would invite Kline to a lengthy session of Show and Tell.

I read the description of Basingstoke’s stealthy reconnaissance and exploration of Trevor’s Atlantis with bated breath. The use of high-tech devices by both the Good and Bad guys was an excellent example of 21st Century law enforcement operations. However, it was a device, whose roots go back Millennia that got the job done.

I do not know if this will come to pass or not. I am wondering what Sanchez would think if he learned about, the extraordinary protection being enacted by law enforcement authorities to save from harm, an apparent empty, gutted vessel.

If Trevor learns of any probable threat to his Atlantis, I doubt if even Shane could get him to stay away from her.

Officer Fowler’s final instructions to Ned, concerning a close examination of the Lagoon 55, are perplexing. It is obvious to me anyway; Greg has received information from someone regarding previous events. I am wondering if he was not told everything.

Oh well, we will eventually learn what is going on.

Marty

Hi Benji,

Welcome to Day One of the seven day hiatus marking the interval between Chapters 93 and 94. It feels to me the gaps separating chapters are stretching, as we come close to the finale.

Yep, another few days, and how long they seem to drag!

I think Chapter 93 is one of the better ones appearing so far. The brief nostalgic trip taken by the Antarctic Star’s Captain was interesting and informative. It is sidebars like that, inserted into the storyline, which are almost a hallmark throughout this story.

Yeah, well the captains toast was just a closing on the chapter of the garlic crusher. BTW, notice how the goat used an obscure event as the re-entry of skylab into the atmosphere to tie into the chapter title?

That little trip down memory lane tells me one thing for sure. The bell has begun knolling. It does so to mark the passing of CJs prediction, regarding the total number of chapters not exceeding the century mark. I am looking forward to reading, what cockamamie explanation he will come up, to distance himself from having predicted it. Just like CHJ, “Open mouth not one, but all four hooves and immediately start to run.

Might be a no brainier as I have a recipe for a leg of goat! Posted Image

One regret I have at this point in the storyline. It appears to me, Basingstoke was arrived at a conclusion regarding Trevor’s current means of travel and concealment. I really was hoping he would invite Kline to a lengthy session of Show and Tell.

Yeah, that seems to be the case here, Mr. B has no need of Kline as he has enough info at this point, however if he takes off north in search of Trevor and finds nothing, he has plenty reason to 'talk' to Kline.

I read the description of Basingstoke’s stealthy reconnaissance and exploration of Trevor’s Atlantis with bated breath. The use of high-tech devices by both the Good and Bad guys was an excellent example of 21st Century law enforcement operations. However, it was a device, whose roots go back Millennia that got the job done.

I remember when I was in the Marines that we were introduced to something called 'starlight' It was pitch black outside at night yet we could make out walking around a few hundred yards away, they were green in the vision goggles, but you could make them out as people moving about

I do not know if this will come to pass or not. I am wondering what Sanchez would think if he learned about, the extraordinary protection being enacted by law enforcement authorities to save from harm, an apparent empty, gutted vessel.

Here I think, I can make a prediction that Sanchez's fail at th last attempt on Trevor and his own cartel takes him out, then they look inward at Bridget and George, I think the contract is disolved then.

If Trevor learns of any probable threat to his Atlantis, I doubt if even Shane could get him to stay away from her.

Posted Image More the reason to keep Trevor in the dark!

Officer Fowler’s final instructions to Ned, concerning a close examination of the Lagoon 55, are perplexing. It is obvious to me anyway; Greg has received information from someone regarding previous events. I am wondering if he was not told everything. Nope, I think we were both on there about being more information on the Atlantis or the Aries, left by Arnold, could be they did not dig deep enough. Could this be Sanchez's demise? Along with Bridget's and Georges's?

Oh well, we will eventually learn what is going on.

Marty

Oh well, looks like it will reach a 'head' soon, Hahaha! I think Mr. B. will carry out the contract even if his employer is dead. The cartel will not care as the details come out, and not try to forfill it, leaving Trevor safe after all this time.

Hi Benji,

This is a copy/paste of my post, your responses and then my remarks. Anything I did not make a remark about, I removed from this post.

“Open mouth, insert hooves, not one, but all four hooves and immediately start to run.

Might be a no brainier as I have a recipe for a leg of goat!

I didn't write everthing in my comment originally. What is here now is what it should have said .

Yeah, that seems to be the case here, Mr. B has no need of Kline as he has enough info at this point, however if he takes off north in search of Trevor and finds nothing, he has plenty reason to 'talk' to Kline.

I don't think he will head North at all. Basingstoke knows about the meeting with Joel at the Perth airport on December 23rd.

I remember when I was in the Marines that we were introduced to something called 'starlight' It was pitch black outside at night yet we could make out walking around a few hundred yards away, they were green in the vision goggles, but you could make them out as people moving about

Benji, back when I was on active duty, all we had was a, Mark 1 Eyeball.

Here I think, I can make a prediction that Sanchez's fail at th last attempt on Trevor and his own cartel takes him out, then they look inward at Bridget and George, I think the contract is disolved then.

That woud be nice. However, I don't think The Goat wiill let us off that easy.

Officer Fowler’s final instructions to Ned, concerning a close examination of the Lagoon 55, are perplexing. It is obvious to me anyway; Greg has received information from someone regarding previous events. I am wondering if he was not told everything.

Nope, I think we were both on there about being more information on the Atlantis or the Aries, left by Arnold, could be they did not dig deep enough. Could this be Sanchez's demise? Along with Bridget's and Georges's?

Could be

Oh well, looks like it will reach a 'head' soon, Hahaha! I think Mr. B. will carry out the contract even if his employer is dead. The cartel will not care as the details come out, and not try to forfill it, leaving Trevor safe after all this time.

Sorry Benji, I totally disagree. If SAnchez is out of the picture, for any reason, Mr. B.will walk away.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hrmmm...

A couple of legal points. I'm NOT saying they have a bearing on the story though. The first; going on the run from any offense stops the statute of limitations clock on all offenses. That's why Frank had to get Dirk off the hook on his fugitive status with that agreement. Had they not tried to arrest Dirk and he'd been able to simply run out the clock, all would have been well. The new charges Dirk faced really threw a monkey wrench into some carefully laid plans.

On conspiracy, any overt act in its furtherance restarts the clock. The overt act is a tricky thing to define, so its normally left up to a jury. Would telling someone of it be an overt act? Probably not. Would getting others to help keep the secret be an overt act? probably. Would doing so beyond US jurisdiction be an overt act? Whoo, that's a tough one, their are precedents both yes and no.

One other thing though... on the contract on Trevor. It's been mentioned that the unknown something Bridget thinks is on Ares (in addition to the list of her assets) would cause the Sanchez or his successors to need to kill Bridget and George. That's not likely to be something they'd be fine with being made public, so they just might want to do whatever it takes to keep it quiet.

Err CJ,

First line of this paragraph, you named Rachel. Didn't you mean Bridget?

One other thing though... on the contract on Trevor. It's been mentioned that the unknown something Rachel thinks is on Ares (in addition to the list of her assets) would cause the Sanchez or his successors to need to kill Bridget and George. That's not likely to be something they'd be fine with being made public, so they just might want to do whatever it takes to keep it quiet

Hi Benji,

I just love the rigmarole you are partially responsible for creating. The readers posting in the Forum are mimicking the law enforcement authorities in the storyline. The readers are dashing to and fro as the plot enters its finishing phase. Me? I am going to stick with the July 4th posting.

In the plot, Bridget knows Arnold was storing some paperwork aboard the Ares. She knows for sure the documents concerning the sale of the Ares were stored in a concealed compartment, prior to her murdering Arnold. She most likely would have had to remove this paperwork after she murdered him. Realistically she would have needed the papers to finalize the sale of Ares to Rachel and Dirk.

At some point in time after she sent Arnold to his, in her opinion, just rewards, Bridget discovered receipts for the purchase of material that could have been used to construct hidden locations. She was unable to locate these compartments herself. She employed a burglar to search. There were no hidden spaces found by him

Bridget believed Arnold had created a list of assets belong to them, which were purchased with the income acquired by her illegal drug smuggling operations. In addition she believed he had documented her illegal drug dealings. In her explanation to Sanchez as to why she wanted Trevor killed, Bridget told him about her fears the list of assets would be found, if Trevor located the sunken hulk of the Ares. The witch did not mention her fears about a possible written history of her drug deals to the drug lord.

Now along comes Benji. (That’s you BTW.) Your deductions were; Rachel had discovered the hidden documents. (You certainly convinced me she did.) Rachel decided to disappear. She persuaded Dirk to assist her to do so. The plot was fabricated and the Disappearance became a fact. We both agree, after the events of the latter part of May 1997 were history; Rachel made her way to, The Land of Oz. I believe and I think you concur; when Rachel arrived in Australia, she had all of the documentation she discovered in her possession. It does not make any sense to me why should have left them behind.

We do not see eye to eye on many of the methods used by Rachel and Dirk to accomplish the Disappearance. It certainly was successfully carried out. Nothing appearing so far in the storyline indicates any law enforcement agency has any official doubt, the Ares sunk and Rachel died as the result.

That is about to change. Once Dirk has completed waiting for the expiration of all Statutes of Limitation for any crimes he may have committed, he has agreed to be interviewed by Sergeant Gonzalez. During that conference the officer will no doubt learn about everything, which led up to the events taking place almost a decade ago. Keep in mind one important fact. Dirk can only tell Sergeant Gonzalez what he did and knows. He cannot tell the Sergeant what Rachel may have done without his knowledge. Dirk can tell the officer anything Rachel told him, but would be unable to tell him anything Rachel did not inform him about. Some of the offenses Dirk will be confessing to go back well before the Criminal Conspiracy created to implement the Disappearance. My gut reaction is, Dirk will not be released from custody once he turns himself in. He has already demonstrated his willingness and ability to flee and conceal himself for extended periods of time. The authorities will want to hold on to him until the investigation has been completed. The Criminal Conspiracy, whose Statute of Limitations expires on December 16th, 2006, took place prior to the one involving the Disappearance. Dirk’s last action, in support of this conspiracy, was done approximately five months before the Disappearance.

Dirk will be admitting to committing many offenses to further these conspiracies. He will no doubt be involving other persons. Rachel certainly was his co-conspirator in the Criminal Conspiracy created to allow her to disappear. There is no doubt in my mind she was involved in the Criminal Conspiracy whose Statute of Limitations expires on December 16th, 2006.

Once the authorities learn what Dirk can now freely disclose, there should be no question in your mind they will initiate an investigation. Sergeant Gonzalez presently heads up a task force already assembled. It consists of both Federal and State of Florida law enforcement personnel. All the information given them by Dirk will have to be verified. Rachel will become a Person of Interest for this investigation.

I know we disagree as to her liability for the criminal actions she undertook in arranging the Disappearance and any responsibility for her actions in the other Criminal Conspiracy Dirk is waiting the expiration of. We know she was under investigation, because of Bridget informing some agency of her criminal activities, prior to the Disappearance. I am well aware that more than one reader believes Rachel will be free and clear at the same time Dirk is. My position on that is simple. I will wait until that occurs in the storyline. If I am incorrect in my posted opinion of what awaits Rachel, I will admit my error.

Rachel may or may not have information concerning the smuggling of drugs almost twenty years ago. It all depends on whether or not Arnold did what Bridget fears he did.

At present, the situation is interesting. Senior personnel in law enforcement in Australia have authorized officers to maintain covert surveillance on the Lagoon 55 stored in Ned’s Boatyard. There are officers from more than one agency earning over-time pay. While I agree Trevor’s safety is a concern to them, I am getting a sneaky suspicion there are other criteria being taken into consideration. I believe somehow, someone has started to put together an overall picture of the conspiracy necessary to permit two widespread attempts to murder Trevor and/or destroy Lagoon 55. It would not surprise me to read, Rachel has surfaced to at least Australian authorities.

Part of this is based on my opinion of Greg Fowler. I do not believe Greg would agree to cover-up for anyone involved in a Criminal Conspiracy, as we know was committed by Dirk and Rachel. Based on Greg’s original reaction to Trevor when he discovered him in Shark Bay, I do not believe he knew anything about the Disappearance or anything that occurred those many years ago, half a world away.

That is how I see it, Benji.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

I just love the rigmarole you are partially responsible for creating. The readers posting in the Forum are mimicking the law enforcement authorities in the storyline. The readers are dashing to and fro as the plot enters its finishing phase. Me? I am going to stick with the July 4th posting.

In the plot, Bridget knows Arnold was storing some paperwork aboard the Ares. She knows for sure the documents concerning the sale of the Ares were stored in a concealed compartment, prior to her murdering Arnold. She most likely would have had to remove this paperwork after she murdered him. Realistically she would have needed the papers to finalize the sale of Ares to Rachel and Dirk.

At some point in time after she sent Arnold to his, in her opinion, just rewards, Bridget discovered receipts for the purchase of material that could have been used to construct hidden locations. She was unable to locate these compartments herself. She employed a burglar to search. There were no hidden spaces found by him

Bridget believed Arnold had created a list of assets belong to them, which were purchased with the income acquired by her illegal drug smuggling operations. In addition she believed he had documented her illegal drug dealings. In her explanation to Sanchez as to why she wanted Trevor killed, Bridget told him about her fears the list of assets would be found, if Trevor located the sunken hulk of the Ares. The witch did not mention her fears about a possible written history of her drug deals to the drug lord.Here's my point here, I beleive that there are more then 2 hidden compartments in the Aries, one found by Rachel and one found by Bridget. That leaves another possible one not found by either, but suspected of being there. The inference by the Fowler and Ned that it may be the boat the is the target and not Trevor is suspicious enough to warrant that there is another concealed container. That could have only been brought to light by Rachel in her knowledge of such hidden compartments. But not knowing that the Atlantis was switched and in fact is the Aries a 3RD compartment in the Atlantis sic the Aries is possible. Still leads me to believe if the Kookaburra was remade.

Now along comes Benji. (That’s you BTW.) Your deductions were; Rachel had discovered the hidden documents. (You certainly convinced me she did.) Rachel decided to disappear. She persuaded Dirk to assist her to do so. The plot was fabricated and the Disappearance became a fact. We both agree, after the events of the latter part of May 1997 were history; Rachel made her way to, The Land of Oz. I believe and I think you concur; when Rachel arrived in Australia, she had all of the documentation she discovered in her possession. It does not make any sense to me why should have left them behind.

How much documentation she had is still up in the air here,maybe she had enough to realize her family was in danger, maybe Arnold even pointed out that Bridget was implicating Rachel in the cartels crimes. All I know it had to be pretty serious for Rachel to pull up a vanishing act on her son.

We do not see eye to eye on many of the methods used by Rachel and Dirk to accomplish the Disappearance. It certainly was successfully carried out. Nothing appearing so far in the storyline indicates any law enforcement agency has any official doubt, the Ares sunk and Rachel died as the result.

Yep, the mission was successfully carried out.

That is about to change. Once Dirk has completed waiting for the expiration of all Statutes of Limitation for any crimes he may have committed, he has agreed to be interviewed by Sergeant Gonzalez. During that conference the officer will no doubt learn about everything, which led up to the events taking place almost a decade ago. Keep in mind one important fact. Dirk can only tell Sergeant Gonzalez what he did and knows. He cannot tell the Sergeant what Rachel may have done without his knowledge. Dirk can tell the officer anything Rachel told him, but would be unable to tell him anything Rachel did not inform him about. Some of the offenses Dirk will be confessing to go back well before the Criminal Conspiracy created to implement the Disappearance. My gut reaction is, Dirk will not be released from custody once he turns himself in. He has already demonstrated his willingness and ability to flee and conceal himself for extended periods of time. The authorities will want to hold on to him until the investigation has been completed. The Criminal Conspiracy, whose Statute of Limitations expires on December 16th, 2006, took place prior to the one involving the Disappearance. Dirk’s last action, in support of this conspiracy, was done approximately five months before the Disappearance.

And I think that once the story is told by Dirk, and the evidence produced by the Atlantis and maybe even Rachel, who knows? Maybe there was a high ranking official in the Feds that was linked to the cartel that Rachel found out about, would make here actions seem more reasonable.

Dirk will be admitting to committing many offenses to further these conspiracies. He will no doubt be involving other persons. Rachel certainly was his co-conspirator in the Criminal Conspiracy created to allow her to disappear. There is no doubt in my mind she was involved in the Criminal Conspiracy whose Statute of Limitations expires on December 16th, 2006.

And in my mind, he is free and clear of these allegations after the date.

Once the authorities learn what Dirk can now freely disclose, there should be no question in your mind they will initiate an investigation. Sergeant Gonzalez presently heads up a task force already assembled. It consists of both Federal and State of Florida law enforcement personnel. All the information given them by Dirk will have to be verified. Rachel will become a Person of Interest for this investigation.

The value of one crime against another may be nullified by the statutes of limitations, however if the information brought forth is more compelling then it would supersede the original proclamation.

I know we disagree as to her liability for the criminal actions she undertook in arranging the Disappearance and any responsibility for her actions in the other Criminal Conspiracy Dirk is waiting the expiration of. We know she was under investigation, because of Bridget informing some agency of her criminal activities, prior to the Disappearance. I am well aware that more than one reader believes Rachel will be free and clear at the same time Dirk is. My on that is simple. I will wait until that occurs in the storyline. If I am incorrect in my posted opinion of what awaits Rachel, I will admit my error.

Posted Image Yep, I too believe Rachel and Dirk will be free and clear at the end of this saga, the real crime they committed was against Trevor

Rachel may or may not have information concerning the smuggling of drugs almost twenty years ago. It all depends on whether or not Arnold did what Bridget fears he did.

The additional search of the Atlantis will tell us that.

At present, the situation is interesting. Senior personnel in law enforcement in Australia have authorized officers to maintain covert surveillance on the Lagoon 55 stored in Ned’s Boatyard. There are officers from more than one agency earning over-time pay. While I agree Trevor’s safety is a concern to them, I am getting a sneaky suspicion there are other criteria being taken into consideration. I believe somehow, someone has started to put together an overall picture of the conspiracy necessary to permit two widespread attempts to murder Trevor and/or destroy Lagoon 55. It would not surprise me to read, Rachel has surfaced to at least Australian authorities.

That is a puzzle to me, but what or not what th authorities know of whatn happened in another country is still a mystery in the law to me.

Part of this is based on my opinion of Greg Fowler. I do not believe Greg would agree to cover-up for anyone involved in a Criminal Conspiracy, as we know was committed by Dirk and Rachel. Based on Greg’s original reaction to Trevor when he discovered him in Shark Bay, I do not believe he knew anything about the Disappearance or anything that occurred those many years ago, half a world away.

That is how I see it, Benji.

Marty

Hi Benji,

I have only one item to bring to your attention.

I agree both have wronged Trevor. We definitely disagree regarding Rachel. I am interested in one thing. I am not; repeat NOT, challenging your right to disagree with me.

Since the beginning of this story, Dirk has refused to discuss any of the circumstances about the Disappearance, except with an attorney. In Chapter 54, Frank Tittle agrees with Dirk’s decision.

Now if Dirk had to remain in Florida to be eligible for the Statute of Limitations to expire on all crimes he committed, why didn’t Rachel?

Benji, you do not need to answer my question here in the Forum. All I would like you to do is think about it.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody Please Help

I have uploaded pictures to my gallery several times. I am no longer able to do so. I get to Step 2. Then I browse and locate the picture I want to Upload. It is at this point I am unable to continue. There are no buttons to click to complete the uploading. I have hit the enter Key on my keyboard. I have searched the page and can find nothing to click to complete the upload.

Anybody Please Help

I have uploaded pictures to my gallery several times. I am no longer able to do so. I get to Step 2. Then I browse and locate the picture I want to Upload. It is at this point I am unable to continue. There are no buttons to click to complete the uploading. I have hit the enter Key on my keyboard. I have searched the page and can find nothing to click to complete the upload.

Try clearing your browser cache, shutting the browser, then reopening it and trying again. A button marked "upload" should appear a bit to the right of the window where the browsed file is selected. :)

BTW, did y'all like Bridget's brief appearance?

Any guesses as to what the "blissfully unawares" means? I'll give one hint: Geography. :)

Try clearing your browser cache, shutting the browser, then reopening it and trying again. A button marked "upload" should appear a bit to the right of the window where the browsed file is selected.

Hi CJ

I appreciate your answering me. However, it did not work. I even restarted my computer. I also went to my other computer and tried there. Have you tried to upload since the site was updated? Also Insert quotes still does not work.

Marty

Benji, Heads Up

I posted this in Brain storming so it wont get lost in a Chapter Thread.

There is a nice contradiction in Chapter 96. Either The Goat screwed up or he did this deliberately as part of the storyline. Sort of inserting little clues that will not be noticed by most readers.

The first Quote is part of the conversation between Sergeant Gonzalez and Henry in the Chandlery. This was after Joel and Lisa had departed.

Gonzalez let Henry change the subject and they chatted for a while, reviewing the investigation into Bridget and George, and Henry turned over the latest set of tracking logs from George’s car. “He went to that boatyard again, three days ago, and I saw him take the boat out, at ten at night. He took the Intracoastal Waterway south and I lost him. His car log shows it moved at nine the next morning.”

“About right for a drug run,” Gonzalez said darkly, and then added, “And the fucked up thing is, even if we nail him red-handed, he can just claim he was working

Pay particular attention to when George took out the Sea Witch. Henry tells the Sergeant it was three days ago.

Now read the second quote. This is part of the conversation that took place between Bridget and George in her home. I would suggest you go back and read both conversations.

Any official interest would result in observation, which would curtail our activities in their entirety. We have that situation now; Sea Witch hasn’t left the shed in over a week, due to the need to be cautious. If this state of affairs continues for long, I shall be forced to leave the business, for others will fill the void. I cannot leave it, George; it is too much a part of me. I came up from nothing.

As far as Bridget is concerned the Sea Witch has not been out in a week. If she believes that, then George has been using the boat for drug runs without telling her.

I am sure you noticed my earlier post where I commented on Bridget not telling George about the additional fuel tanks she was having installed. Now we have George not telling her when he is making drug runs. That is taking money out of her pocket. Remember what she did to her husband Arnold, when he tried putting something over on her.

If the Goat screwed up, he will post a correction notice in the Forum.

Benji, IMO this is not an error by CHJ. I suspect he is setting up dissolution of the partnership.

What do you think?

Marty

Benji, I added this Wednesday Morning.

Maybe, just maybe George was not doing a drug run when he took out the Sea Witch. Maybe he was having a private chit chat with Sanchez. Think about it.

Edited by MartyS

Posted Image ............ Very interesting! I remember reading that but missed it, George either deliberately lied to Bridget or the goat goofed. I don't think he goofed, what if George is meeting with some other cartel member? What if the other cartel members are already planning to get rid of Sanchez and are meeting with George as the 'new' contact will be needed. Oddly absent is Bridget, could it be that the cartel is ready to retire her also?

Nice catch!!

Edited by Benji

Posted Image ............ Very interesting! I remember reading that but missed it, George either deliberately lied to Bridget or the goat goofed. I don't think he goofed, what if George is meeting with some other cartel member? What if the other cartel members are already planning to get rid of Sanchez and are meeting with George as the 'new' contact will be needed. Oddly absent is Bridget, could it be that the cartel is ready to retire her also?

Nice catch!!

Well Benji, I am not sure. I do know Bridget is up tight. Go back and read her short appearance in Chapter 95. She was ready to draw and fire on Rob when he came to meet her. She made the appointment and it was not in Rob's Marina or at her home. Like I brought to your attention, she never mentioned to George about instructing Rob to increase the cruising range of the Sea Witch.

She has been in the business a long time. I do not doubt she has developed good survival instincts.

Marty

I would not suggest hold your breath waiting for the Goat to give you an honest response as to whether he goofed or not.

Edited by MartyS

Marty & Benji, you guys are good. With the glacial pace of this vast opus, I must admit I am a casual reader that was hooked at the beginning. However, I do let the timeline get away from me and really just take too much at face value. The Goat is canny and I daresay cagey about what he says and maybe just as importantly, doesn't say. Good catch and discussion!

Posted Image ............ Very interesting! I remember reading that but missed it, George either deliberately lied to Bridget or the goat goofed. I don't think he goofed, what if George is meeting with some other cartel member?  What if the other cartel members are already planning to get rid of Sanchez and are meeting with George as the 'new' contact will be needed. Oddly absent is Bridget, could it be that the cartel is ready to retire her also?  

Nice catch!!

I'm guessing this would be what's called "compulsory" retirement? And it wouldn't involve activating any pension plans?

Edited by Zombie

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..