Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Brain Storming

BTW, something to be aware of; posts in threads sort themselves by time of posting, not time of starting he reply. What this means is if you're replying to a post, someone else might post in the meantime, and their post will appear before yours.

I refuse to reply directly to that Balderdash posted by the Goat.

I stopped believing in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, long before I had my First Erection. I would be more likely to revert to those childhood fantasies than believe what the "Goat" posted. Any fantasies after that point in time are private and XXX rated.

Marty! Won't you even consider that Benji might be the culprit? :blink:

Hrmmm... Benji, you say you're innocent? Hrmmm... sounds like denial to me!

And BTW, Benji, wasn't it you who was speculating some time ago about Trevor and Shane heading inland? Won't they be doing just that, on Kookaburra, if the Kalbarri plan works? :)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tid-bit

“Okay, I’ll help any way I can. I can do the sales record search for you,” Henry offered casually.

The above quoted statement was made by Henry, during the Chapter 91 conference with Sergeant Gonzalez, in the Chandlery.

The question I have for anyone is, “Why did Henry volunteer to check the official records of boat sales?”

“I agree. What’s his name?” Henry asked.

“I haven’t been able to find it yet, which is rather odd. We need to look into that, probably via doing some legwork and paying a visit to those businesses tomorrow, as well as looking into the sale's records of the Aries and the Atlantis".

I'm biased, but having no name, means having no person, I think it is part of Bridget's

persona, there is no Brother.

Marty's Response - Benji, I think you should standby what you believe. The truth will be known before the story ends.

Henry silently cursed himself for blithely walking into that particular minefield. He chose his words with great care. “I’m in an awkward situation. I could have raised that issue, but then I’d be misdirecting this investigation if I did, and my clients are adamant that the threat to Trevor takes absolute priority. So, I can’t misdirect this investigation, even if it’d help my clients. I do have reason to believe that Bridget and George had nothing to do with the destruction of Ares or Rachel’s death. However, I didn’t want to tell you that, because it sure as hell sounds like the reason would be that Dirk did it and I know it. That’s not true, but I can’t say why. That’s why I tried to let that one slide.”

Biggest clue here, Henry has basically told Gonzale's that Rachel is alive, neither killed by either parties Gonzale's thought of.

Marty's Response - Benji, I do not think it matters. Gonzalez believes Rachel is dead and will not consider otherwise. IMHO.

Then we get this:

In the customs shack, Fowler and Grundig browsed Kline’s story and then did a news search for related ones. Fowler cleared his throat, and said, a bit awkwardly, “Craig, I can let you in on some more of this now. I’m working with a police officer in Florida named Gonzalez, and we’re trying to set up whoever is after Trevor. It looks like a cop there is involved in it, and I just got confirmation: it appears that the threat isn’t over. The theory is that they’re after Atlantis for some reason, so we’re using her as bait, with a little help from Jason Kline. I don’t trust him, but so far, he seems to be playing it straight with us. All he knows is we think someone might show up looking for Trevor or the boat, and he’s helping, in return for an exclusive if we get ‘em.”

Hehehe, want a WAG? I bet you that before this saga is completed Kline and Henry will both be killed!

That leads me to assume there is nothing on the Atlantis, the boats were never switched, as Ned and Fowler went over her, so the officer's have to conclude why is Trevor being targeted? Gonzale's will be the factor here, will he arrive at the conclusion that Trevor is under the gun simply for looking for his mothers lost boat as it relates to Bridget's business as well as her crime?

Marty's Response - Benji, If this is what you believe, who am I to argue?

Tid-bit

“Okay, I’ll help any way I can. I can do the sales record search for you,” Henry offered casually.

The above quoted statement was made by Henry, during the Chapter 91 conference with Sergeant Gonzalez, in the Chandlery.

The question I have for anyone is, “Why did Henry volunteer to check the official records of boat sales?”

B).......Interesting the way Henry phrased that huh! Made me wonder if he already has that information, or was seeking to fish for something else, like the SEA WITCH?

Edited by Benji

B).......Interesting the way Henry phrased that huh! Made me wonder if he already has that information, or was seeking to fish for something else, like the SEA WITCH?

Hi Benji,

That is not the answer I believe to be the correct one. I would suggest you look carefully through the July 4th Summery I posted. The answer I believe to be correct is covered in there. To tell you the truth I have been waiting for Lisa to find it. But, she seems to have stopped digging through the records. Henry must know the reason. He was present when Dirk told everything to Frank Tittle in Chapter 54. That is why he tried to control the search.

Marty

Hi Benji,

That is not the answer I believe to be the correct one. I would suggest you look carefully through the July 4th Summery I posted. The answer I believe to be correct is covered in there. To tell you the truth I have been waiting for Lisa to find it. But, she seems to have stopped digging through the records. Henry must know the reason. He was present when Dirk told everything to Frank Tittle in Chapter 54. That is why he tried to control the search.

Marty

B)....................Actually, I think Frank was hoping to follow the other lead into the business's and let Gonzale's make the call for him. He already knew of the boat sales and it would not bear him much fruit in the investigation. I didn't say it right!

• Site Moderator

I refuse to reply directly to that Balderdash posted by the Goat.

I stopped believing in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, long before I had my First Erection. I would be more likely to revert to those childhood fantasies than believe what the "Goat" posted. Any fantasies after that point in time are private and XXX rated.

Yes Marty, there is a Santa Claus. Santa Claus Indiana that is. It's the home to a sweet little amusement park called Holiday World.

B)....................Actually, I think Frank was hoping to follow the other lead into the business's and let Gonzale's make the call for him. He already knew of the boat sales and it would not bear him much fruit in the investigation. I didn't say it right!

Hi Benji,

IMHO, I think you were headed in the right direction. Now, well I don't think so. I am looking forward to see if anyone else is going to take a crack at my little puzzle.

Marty

PS I think you meant Henry, not Frank.

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

You posted this WAG.

Hehehe, want a WAG? I bet you that before this saga is completed Kline and Henry will both be killed!

Were you serious? Were you just fooling around? I am not attempting to make you look stupid. I am posting this because I believe you may be half right. I seriously believe Kline may not be long for this world. Let me spell out my gut feelings.

Kline has told Fowler he will be sticking around Carnarvon for a couple of days. Basingstoke is in town nosing around. The Hitman is looking for Trevor. The Kookaburra with Trev and Shane are already long gone. They are getting ready to stealthily slip into the Murchison River to anchor away from Kalbarri. That is approximately 200 kilometers south of Carnarvon.

The two reporters Kline finagled to be interviewed by were taped on Thursday morning. If Australian television news programming is anything like it is here in the states, I believe those interviews will be broadcast again throughout the day.

Basingstoke is spending the day wandering around looking, establishing his cover as a security equipment salesman. With the media circus in full swing, I am sure Trevor and his adventures are the talk of the town. The Hitman is planning to narrow his search the following day. He will be searching for anything to lead him to Trevor.

On Friday, Basingstoke is planning to approach the Yacht Club and will probably talk to the manager. My personal belief is, Basingstoke won’t get much from him. It is better than even money; he will eventually be talking to Ned. With Ned on alert for anyone snooping around, he will be suspicious. Benji, keep this in mind. Ned Kelly is the real weak link in Trevor’s security. Not that he would deliberately give any information away, He knows everything about Trevor. What boat he is on. Where he is going and whom he is with. Hopefully, the Hitman won’t pick up on Ned .

It is very likely; Basingstoke will be stalled, learning nothing to lead him to Trevor. This Benji, is where half of your WAG, might become prophesy. While the Hitman has been prowling around, it is more than likely; he saw a replay of Kline’s interviews. It is my impression from reading that portion of Chapter 91, Kline bragged about interviewing Trevor and being on his new boat. I will bet he even did his best to emphasize Trevor’s alleged plans and destinations. I am fairly certain, Sanchez already briefed the Hitman about Trevor intending to meet Joel in Perth. Methinks, Basingstoke will wish to learn why there is a conflict in the information. I doubt it would be difficult for the Hitman to locate Kline and have a little chat. If he does, I doubt our reporter will be writing any more stories.

Kline does not know Trevor’s plans. He does believe he knows that Trevor is aboard the Kookaburra. Kline also knows what the boat looks like, especially the color. How much of a problem do you think it will be for Basingstoke to find a Red Catamaran, if he uses his plane to do a search? Don’t forget, the Kookaburra will be anchored away from Kalbarri, in a lonely hidden area.

Getting back to Kline. Add one dead reporter, plus one airplane, flown by an assassin and all those hungry, hungry sharks.

What do you think?

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

You posted this WAG.

Were you serious? Were you just fooling around? I am not attempting to make you look stupid. I am posting this because I believe you may be half right. I seriously believe Kline may not belong for this world. Let me spell out my gut feelings.

Nope, I know this goat very well, I'm sure that a couple of characters we be killed out before the end of this saga, he has done it before I have no doubt he will do it again.

Kline has told Fowler he will be sticking around Carnarvon for a couple of days. Basingstoke is in town nosing around. The Hitman is looking for Trevor. The Kookaburra with Trev and Shane are already long gone. They are getting ready to stealthily slip into the Murchison River to anchor away from Kalbarri. That is approximately 200 kilometers south of Carnarvon.

Kline's problem is that he did an interview with Trevor aboard the supposed boat he was on, Fowler was at unease that Kline realized it was not the real boat that Trevor and Shane were on. Therefore the information that Kline promised to keep secret are now open to Basingstoke's inquiry of Kline.

The two reporters Kline finagled to be interviewed by were taped on Thursday morning. If Australian television news programming is anything like it is here in the states, I believe those interviews will be broadcast again throughout the day.

Then again remember that Australia time is a day ahead of ours in the states.

Basingstoke is spending the day wandering around looking, establishing his cover as a security equipment salesman. With the media circus in full swing, I am sure Trevor and his adventures are the talk of the town. The Hitman is planning to narrow his search the following day. He will be searching for anything to lead him to Trevor.

Yep, and who better then the 'star' reporter that had a face to face interview with him?

On Friday, Basingstoke is planning to approach the Yacht Club and will probably talk to the manager. My personal belief is, Basingstoke won’t get much from him. It is better than even money; he will eventually be talking to Ned. With Ned on alert for anyone snooping around, he will be suspicious. Benji, keep this in mind. Ned Kelly is the real weak link in Trevor’s security. Not that he would deliberately give any information away, He knows everything about Trevor. What boat he is on. Where he is going and whom he is with. Hopefully, the Hitman won’t pick up on Ned .

Interesting thought about Ned being a victim of Basingstoke, but I doubt that happening, first off it is too close to his cover. The press will be gone by next daybreak, thanks to Kline, and Basingstoke will be left out in the cold with no other cover other then a traveling salesman, that is where I think Kline makes his mistake in a pub, talking to him. I mean a guy snooping for info. finds him with a loose tongue, well soon to be loose. 0:) 2ndly, we know that Trevor wants his Atlantis back, so who is going to fix it if Ned is dead?

It is very likely; Basingstoke will be stalled, learning nothing to lead him to Trevor. This Benji, is where half of your WAG, might become prophesy. While the Hitman has been prowling around, it is more than likely; he saw a replay of Kline’s interviews. It is my impression from reading that portion of Chapter 91, Kline bragged about interviewing Trevor and being on his new boat. I will bet he even did his best to emphasize Trevor’s alleged plans and destinations. I am fairly certain, Sanchez already briefed the Hitman about Trevor intending to meet Joel in Perth. Methinks, Basingstoke will wish to learn why there is a conflict in the information. I doubt it would be difficult for the Hitman to locate Kline and have a little chat. If he does, I doubt our reporter will be writing any more stories.

Yep, I concur here, which is why I said what I did, Basingstoke will take care of Kline, and George is going to take care of Henry, once he discovers that Henry is on his trail.

Kline does not know Trevor’s plans. He does believe he knows that Trevor is aboard the Kookaburra. Kline also knows what the boat looks like, especially the color. How much of a problem do you think it will be for Basingstoke to find a Red Catamaran, if he uses his plane to do a search? Don’t forget, the Kookaburra will be anchored away from Kalbarri, in a lonely hidden area.

Don't forget also that Kline also knows he deliberately mislead the other reporters to the north of Cameron. I'm sure Basingstoke can get other information to confirm it is not true. A plane can spot what is hidden, here is one thing I cannot remember, does Sanchez, Bridget or Arnold know that Trevor is not alone (Shane)?

Getting back to Kline. Add one dead reporter, plus one airplane, flown by an assassin and all those hungry, hungry sharks.

The goat did mention those 'salties' (salt-water croc's) it would be a great demise for Basingstoke, especially if he did not know Shane was on board. And it would be in his style!! :music:

What do you think?

Marty

My thoughts!!! B)

Edited by Benji

Hi Benji,

To keep things simple I have removed anything we agreed on. Both my original posts and your responses. I then added any comments; I felt I needed to say, to answer your responses.

Interesting thought about Ned being a victim of Basingstoke, but I doubt that happening, first off it is too close to his cover. The press will be gone by next daybreak, thanks to Kline, and Basingstoke will be left out in the cold with no other cover other then a traveling salesman, that is where I think Kline makes his mistake in a pub, talking to him. I mean a guy snooping for info. finds him with a loose tongue, well soon to be loose. 2ndly, we know that Trevor wants his Atlantis back, so who is going to fix it if Ned is dead?

Leave it to you to come up with a practical answer. No Ned, No repairs

Yep, I concur here, which is why I said what I did, Basingstoke will take care of Kline, and George is going to take care of Henry, once he discovers that Henry is on his trail.

Here we will have to Agree to Disagree. I do not believe Henry will be taken out by George or anyone else.

Don't forget also that Kline also knows he deliberately mislead the other reporters to the north of Cameron. I'm sure Basingstoke can get other information to confirm it is not true. A plane can spot what is hidden, here is one thing I cannot remember, does Sanchez, Bridget or Arnold know that Trevor is not alone (Shane)?

Yes Bridget and George do know Trevor is staying on a different boat, with someone named Shane

The goat did mention those 'salties' (salt-water croc's) it would be a great demise for Basingstoke, especially if he did not know Shane was on board. And it would be in his style!!

Sorry Benji, Shane told Trevor “Salties,” were not found in the area of Western Australia they are in.

I have nothing to back up this opinion, but here goes anyway: Make this a WAG. I think Basingstoke will be taken out by Trevor, possibly using one of those shark boom sticks. Trevor will do this to save Shane’s life. The Hitman goofs and mistakes Shane for Trevor and is going to cut his head off.

That is about it. I guess we now sit back and see what the story says about our WAGs.

Marty

PS there is one thing that keeps me a little up tight. Basingstoke has a lot of security equipment. I am wondering if any of it can be used to evesdrop on conversations or telephone calls in Carnarvon.

Posted Image .................Let's compromise on the last part of your post, Trevor and Shane feel danger and leave the region they are in and head far north (where I believe the salties lie). One or both Shane and Trevor use the shark boom on the hit man and he goes overboard with interested salties looking at him. Maybe in the same area he dumps Kline in the water.

Posted Image .................Let's compromise on the last part of your post, Trevor and Shane feel danger and leave the region they are in and head far north (where I believe the salties lie). One or both Shane and Trevor use the shark boom on the hit man and he goes overboard with interested salties looking at him. Maybe in the same area he dumps Kline in the water.

Hmmmm…… I don’t know Benji. What you are suggesting is possible. However, Trevor is expecting Joel to arrive around December 23 in Perth. That is located in Southwest Australia. This is the general area Kookaburra is cruising in now. Also, your suggestion is halfway around the continent. I believe, Northeast Australia is the region Kline told the television reporters Trevor was headed toward. Sorry Benji, I do not agree.

Edited by MartyS

Posted Image ................. I believe that Trevor and Shane will have to make a quick retreat from where they are at and decide to head north to try and get the supposed tail off them, skipping Carnavon bay they then head north were Kline pointed the reporters at. That is the area I thought was infested with the 'salties' I could be wrong, but it would make an angry hit man being duped into to returning to the area after having been there before dropping off a real air mail express into the the sea Posted Image My theory hangs on the past actions of the goat, the dead from the pirates boat were already dead and so for instance that nominal as they were already dead, No problem with the deaths. However the captain was alive when slashed to death by the sharks, his greatest fear. I see the goat promoting the fear of both his good guys and enemies. Here I see Basingstoke gets the name from Kline of the boat, yet what Kline really believes it to be is the Kookaburra a falsehood since they a;tered the name, but under a slight duress he may offer any more info. Posted Image The style of the writer does not differ very much, in that this one always takes down a good guy here and there when the bad guys fall.

My thoughts!! Posted Image

Edited by Benji

Hi Benji,

Right up front let me apologize for answering your first messages without even looking at a map. When I read Chapter 91, I created in my head, where the general locations for Darwin, Broome and the Kimberly Region were in Australia. This was a DUMB move on my part. My thinking went like this. Kline was trying to misdirect the television reporters. They knew Trevor was on a Solo Circumnavigation. I figured the closest point in Australia to the Panama Canal would be somewhere in the State of Queensland. I remembered earlier in the story, Shane telling Trevor he was from Cairns, which is located in Queensland. Shane also told Trevor, “Salties,” were found in that part of the country. One of the statements Kline made was he hoped the TV guys would meet some of the critters.

Throughout this story whenever a new location was mentioned, I would look it up, using Google Maps. Hell, when Trevor was touring Carnarvon with Shane and the two of them went to Denham to provision, I went along. I used the street view and saw what they were talking about. I find it makes reading the story a lot more enjoyable.

Anyway this time I engaged my mouth (or to be completely accurate my fingers,) without knowing the facts. What I am going to do is. Do some additional map checking. Then I am going to read again your messages. I will then try to match what you are suggesting to the correct locations.

Sorry about this goof

I will prepare new responses and post them.

Marty

The goat did mention those 'salties' (salt-water croc's) it would be a great demise for Basingstoke, especially if he did not know Shane was on board. And it would be in his style!! </p>

<span style="color: #0000FF">Sorry Benji, Shane told Trevor “Salties,” were not found in the area of Western Australia they are in.

I have nothing to back up this opinion,

Marty

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png .................Let's compromise on the last part of your post, Trevor and Shane feel danger and leave the region they are in and head far north (where I believe the salties lie). One or both Shane and Trevor use the shark boom on the hit man and he goes overboard with interested salties looking at him. Maybe in the same area he dumps Kline in the water.

Hmm, Benji really does like the idea of Basingstoke getting up close and personal with a salty looking for its dinner.Perhaps you missed my earlier post in Australia: Deadly Paradise which shows that even if T+S don't head north then snap crackle and pop action by salties on Basingstoke is still a possibility much further south on the coast of Western Australia :)

</p>

Hrmm, let's not forget the horrors lurking in Australia's north... saltwater crocodiles, that are enormous and aggressive. (they get well over 20 feet long!!!) </p>

</p>According to Wiki, individual salties can roam "thousands of miles from their native territory":</p></p>

http://en.wikipedia....le#Distribution

Yikes, according to this site salties have been seen as far south as Carnarvon:

http://www.environme...an_distribution

So, yeah, it's a definite possibility that Basingstoke, at the very moment of triumph over Trevor, will be snatched into a salty's jaws of death, shrieking in blood-curdling terror at the sudden realisation he has utterly failed, and that his miserable life is about to be crushed and ripped from his broken body with more brutal violence and agony than the collective suffering inflicted on every one of his and Sanchez's previous victims.  And all lovingly described in glorious CJ HorrorVision ©  http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Edited by Zombie

Hi Benji,

Right up front let me apologize for answering your first messages without even looking at a map. When I read Chapter 91, I created in my head, where the general locations for Darwin, Broome and the Kimberly Region were in Australia. This was a DUMB move on my part. My thinking went like this. Kline was trying to misdirect the television reporters. They knew Trevor was on a Solo Circumnavigation. I figured the closest point in Australia to the Panama Canal would be somewhere in the State of Queensland. I remembered earlier in the story, Shane telling Trevor he was from Cairns, which is located in Queensland. Shane also told Trevor, “Salties,” were found in that part of the country. One of the statements Kline made was he hoped the TV guys would meet some of the critters.

Throughout this story whenever a new location was mentioned, I would look it up, using Google Maps. Hell, when Trevor was touring Carnarvon with Shane and the two of them went to Denham to provision, I went along. I used the street view and saw what they were talking about. I find it makes reading the story a lot more enjoyable.

Anyway this time I engaged my mouth (or to be completely accurate my fingers,) without knowing the facts. What I am going to do is. Do some additional map checking. Then I am going to read again your messages. I will then try to match what you are suggesting to the correct locations.

Sorry about this goof

I will prepare new responses and post them.

Marty

Ok Benji,

Here I go. The first post you made before I goofed was

.................Let's compromise on the last part of your post, Trevor and Shane feel danger and leave the region they are in and head far north (where I believe the salties lie). One or both Shane and Trevor use the shark boom on the hit man and he goes overboard with interested salties looking at him. Maybe in the same area he dumps Kline in the water.

Here is my answer to his post of yours

When Chapter 91 ended it was Thursday evening, December 7th. The Kookaburra was getting ready to enter the Murchison River. Trevor had received instructions to enter after moonrise with no lights showing. He was supposed to travel past Kalbarri and go as far north as he could safely do. He was then instructed to anchor and after daylight continue north until they were hidden.

Trevor and Shane were told to use the zodiac to go to Kalbarri and provision Kookaburra for not less than a week. Their plans were to use ground transportation, which would be available by the next day, Saturday, to head inland to explore and go sightseeing.

Now, back in Carnarvon Basingstoke plans to continue his quest to locate Trevor on Friday morning by going to the Yacht Club. The local law enforcement authorities, assisted by Kline’s stories, have more or less advertised, Trevor’s Atlantis is docked in Ned’s shipyard. They have incorrectly assumed it might be the boat the Bad Guys are trying to destroy,, not necessarily Trevor. They have arranged to provide coverage to catch anyone attempting to destroy the Lagoon 55. Ned will keep watch during the day and law enforcement personnel will stake out the catamaran at night. That is the way things should be set up on Friday morning.

Basingstoke will eventually arrive at Ned’s boatyard. He should feel safe. He has no reason to expect anyone might be suspicious about him. What he is going to run into is Ned. Ned may act in such a manner as to alert him that something is wrong. The Hitman could care less about the boat. The assassin will do one of two things IMO. Move on Ned, either immediately or make plans to do so later. OR. He might back off and think about it. Basingstoke wants to find Trevor and complete his contract. My guess is he became aware of Kline and his stories the day before. IMHO, he will back off of Ned and go looking for Kline, Either Ned or Kline have the information about Kookaburra especially her red color. Whoever he gets the information from will be shark bait. Once Basingstoke learns everything he can I believe he will institute a search, using his plane.

If Basingstoke moves on Kline it probably will not be noticed immediately. If he takes out Ned, that is a different story. Ned must know a lot about what is happening, maybe not all. There is no question in my mind Ned discovered the hidden compartments. He did not raise the issue with Trevor because he was instructed not to. Benji, you and I disagree about the boat swap. Whatever I have written here is based on my belief, not yours.

Whatever is going to happen regarding Trevor, Shane and Basingstoke will not happen on Friday. By the time the Hitman learns about the Kookaburra and then locates where she is hidden, Trev and Shane should be sightseeing, away from where she is concealed.

I would suggest you hold off on considering what might or might not happen up on the north side of Australia, hundreds of kilometers from where the action is taking place right now. However, that is your decision.

Benji, keep one important fact in mind. Basingstoke knows Trevor is meeting Joel in Perth around the 23rd of December. All the Hitman is doing now is trying to get the job done early and collect his money sooner. He can back off now, if things do not seem right to him.

Hi Benji,

I am making a very strong recommendation to you. Chapter 92 was, I believe, was one of the best in the story. The gripping drama describing the entry into the Murchison River dominates the chapter. Then add in the trip to the safe anchorage. Mix in the phone calls between Greg, the Constable and finally Kookaburra, The latter portion of the book seems to identify the information received by the reader,

This chapter is, I believe, one of the best examples of the Goats ability to misdirect, confuse and befuddle the reader. It is almost as good as the Prologue in this category. The activity-taking place in Australia in Chapter 92 is meant to direct the readers’ attention away from what took place in Florida.

The meeting and exchange of information which took pace in Florida is important. But, more important is the description of both of the participants while it is taking place. Henry is being very careful to mask his reactions to anything Sergeant Gonzalez says. As the conference concludes, Henry is silently praying that Gonzalez remain in the dark, about what really occurred in May 1997. Sergeant Gonzalez gives Henry a lot of the information he has discovered. But, not all of it. The Sergeant is watching the Private Investigator like a hawk.

Benji, I believe Sergeant Gonzalez found what Henry didn’t want him to find. If Dirk has been thorough in describing what took place approximately a decade ago, Henry knows everything that occurred. At least as to what Dirk knows. Anything Rachel did or planned, which was withheld by her from Dirk, is not known to her husband. A good example is the placing of the flotsam by Rachel. Dirk knows she was supposed to do so. Bridget and us readers know why it was never discovered. Let me return to whatever it is that Sergeant Gonzalez discovered and has not disclosed to Henry. Whatever has caused the Sergeant to no longer confide everything to Henry? To cause Mike to covertly watch the PIs reactions. Could it be?….. I wonder if he found the records, transferring ownership of the Lagoon 55, purchased by Rachel from Bridget, listing Trevor as registered owner, to Rachel’s sole ownership.

Don’t forget there is an over-riding reason for not bringing this to the attention of the readers. It would have an instant snowball effect. It would open up the mystery about what actually took place those many years ago. The Goat is not ready to disclose this yet.

One addendum. As far as I am concerned, the timeline is being controlled by the events taking place in Australia. The events occurring elsewhere are reported, but not at this time, tied closely to the passage of days. CHJ has publicly predicted, the total number of chapters in Circumnavigation will not reach the century mark. If he continues to write chapters like Chapter 92, with all the drama and descriptive detail, which is great IMHO, i have doubts he will be able to meet his prophesy. Examine Chapter 92. The timeline advanced maybe six hours. I certainly don’t want the Goat to rush and strip good chapters. He could of course combine chapters and post some super-long ones.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

I am making a very strong recommendation to you. Chapter 92 was, I believe, was one of the best in the story. The gripping drama describing the entry into the Murchison River dominates the chapter. Then add in the trip to the safe anchorage. Mix in the phone calls between Greg, the Constable and finally Kookaburra, The latter portion of the book seems to identify the information received by the reader,

This chapter is, I believe, one of the best examples of the Goats ability to misdirect, confuse and befuddle the reader. It is almost as good as the Prologue in this category. The activity-taking place in Australia in Chapter 92 is meant to direct the readers’ attention away from what took place in Florida.

Yep, misdirection is a favorite ploy of his to use in stories. Posted Image

The meeting and exchange of information which took pace in Florida is important. But, more important is the description of both of the participants while it is taking place. Henry is being very careful to mask his reactions to anything Sergeant Gonzalez says. As the conference concludes, Henry is silently praying that Gonzalez remain in the dark, about what really occurred in May 1997. Sergeant Gonzalez gives Henry a lot of the information he has discovered. But, not all of it. The Sergeant is watching the Private Investigator like a hawk.

Gonzales knows he is getting close to figuring it out, and Henry is afraid of slipping up. In the prior chapter, Henry tried to get Gonzales to get him work on the boat ownership angle and not the mystery brother of Bridget's. I don't think Gonzales mistrusts Henry, and knows Henry has all the missing information. But he does gauge Henry's reaction ever since Henry's little goof last time they spoke.

Benji, I believe Sergeant Gonzalez found what Henry didn’t want him to find. If Dirk has been thorough in describing what took place approximately a decade ago, Henry knows everything that occurred. At least as to what Dirk knows. Anything Rachel did or planned, which was withheld by her from Dirk, is not known to her husband. A good example is the placing of the flotsam by Rachel. Dirk knows she was supposed to do so. Bridget and us readers know why it was never discovered. Let me return to whatever it is that Sergeant Gonzalez discovered and has not disclosed to Henry. Whatever has caused the Sergeant to no longer confide everything to Henry? To cause Mike to covertly watch the PIs reactions. Could it be?….. I wonder if he found the records, transferring ownership of the Lagoon 55, purchased by Rachel from Bridget, listing Trevor as registered owner, to Rachel’s sole ownership.

That was an interesting fact, that Trevor was listed as the owner of a charter company. I doubt he is aware of it! Posted Image

Don’t forget there is an over-riding reason for not bringing this to the attention of the readers. It would have an instant snowball effect. It would open up the mystery about what actually took place those many years ago. The Goat is not ready to disclose this yet.

One addendum. As far as I am concerned, the timeline is being controlled by the events taking place in Australia. The events occurring elsewhere are reported, but not at this time, tied closely to the passage of days. CHJ has publicly predicted, the total number of chapters in Circumnavigation will not reach the century mark. If he continues to write chapters like Chapter 92, with all the drama and descriptive detail, which is great IMHO, i have doubts he will be able to meet his prophesy. Examine Chapter 92. The timeline advanced maybe six hours. I certainly don’t want the Goat to rush and strip good chapters. He could of course combine chapters and post some super-long ones.

There is so much left to happen here, I'm not sure how the goat will be able to put it all in 8 more chapters. We still have Joel and Lisa coming, George's planting drugs, Sanchez's hit man, Kline's 2nd interview Posted Image Dirk's confession and Rachels reappearance

Marty

Edited by Benji

Hi Benji,

I have been having second thoughts about my comments on the meeting in Chapter 92, held in Florida. I think you are correct in your statements regarding Sergeant Gonzalez trusting Henry.

The more I think about it, the more this comes to mind, Throughout the story Mike has treated Henry’s statements concerning Dirk’s not killing Rachel as Henry having been lied to by Dirk. In their previous meeting Henry told the sergeant, “He, (meaning himself, Henry,) had reason to believe Bridget and George had not killed Rachel and destroyed the Ares with a bomb.

Henry could easily make this statement, He knows the Ares was not destroyed and Rachel is still alive. I am getting the impression that Gonzalez is starting to consider the possibility there is something wrong with his own beliefs. If I am correct, and I am damn sure I am, there is waiting in the files the Sergeant is going to examine, a record of the transfer of title for the Atlantis from Trevor to Rachel, shortly before the Disappearance.

Also, I believe Henry’s concerns about Sgt Gonzalez getting suspicious and doing something to screw up the expiration of the Statutes of Limitations are exaggerated. Even if the Sergeant had an epiphany and suddenly solved the mystery of the Disappearance in his own mind, I do not see how it would be possible to get the authorities to indict Dirk in the short period of time before the expirations take effect.

Last night a random thought came to mind. If I am not mistaken, Rachel left a sister behind when she left Australia to come to the states. If she did, I wonder…….

These weeks seem to be getting longer. The length of time between postings is slowing to a crawl.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji, I have been having second thoughts about my comments on the meeting in Chapter 92, held in Florida. I think you are correct in your statements regarding Sergeant Gonzalez trusting Henry. The more I think about it, the more this comes to mind, Throughout the story Mike has treated Henry’s statements concerning Dirk’s not killing Rachel as Henry having been lied to by Dirk. In their previous meeting Henry told the sergeant, “He, (meaning himself, Henry,) had reason to believe Bridget and George had not killed Rachel and destroyed the Ares with a bomb. Henry could easily make this statement, He knows the Ares was not destroyed and Rachel is still alive. I am getting the impression that Gonzalez is starting to consider the possibility there is something wrong with his own beliefs. If I am correct, and I am damn sure I am, there is waiting in the files the Sergeant is going to examine, a record of the transfer of title for the Atlantis from Trevor to Rachel, shortly before the Disappearance. Also, I believe Henry’s concerns about Sgt Gonzalez getting suspicious and doing something to screw up the expiration of the Statutes of Limitations are exaggerated. Even if the Sergeant had an epiphany and suddenly solved the mystery of the Disappearance in his own mind, I do not see how it would be possible to get the authorities to indict Dirk in the short period of time before the expirations take effect. Last night a random thought came to mind. If I am not mistaken, Rachel left a sister behind when she left Australia to come to the states. If she did, I wonder…….I had the same thought Posted Image These weeks seem to be getting longer. The length of time between postings is slowing to a crawl. Marty

Hi Benji,

Bits and Pieces

Some things I would like you to think about. What I am about to review with you can be very complex and confusing. Chapter 92 has opened up a lot of new information. Before outlining the situation, let me review some facts.

After reading and considering the information in Chapter 92, I copied the following from the conversation between Gonzalez and Henry. I didn’t want to copy everything, just this part.

“There is, actually. Something you should know, if you don’t already. When Ares was purchased, she was registered to Rachel and Dirk jointly. So, I looked to see if there were any transfers, and found an interesting detail. Ocean Star Charters was created as a charter business, though there’s no record of it ever running a charter, or Rachel either, for that matter. Then, there were two documents filed on the same day; Rachel and Dirk apparently signed Ares over so that she was registered to Ocean Star Charters, and then Rachel quitclaimed Ocean Star Charters to Trevor.

Now the name Ocean Star Charters has appeared before. It first is mentioned in the Prologue.

In Chapter 74 Kline telephones Barney for the first time to get his help. During the conversation this appears:

Oh, a lot. She has five cabins – a little one forward is accessible only from the deck – and according to the manufacturer’s site, that’s a charter configuration. So, after a lot of fumbling with an Internet search on Google, Lexis-Nexis, plus a few others, I hit on ‘lagoon 55 Atlantis charter’ as a search, and viola! Have a look for yourself: the second hit was on a page named ‘Atlantis’ for Ocean Star Charters, complete with photos – it’s definitely the same boat – listing her owner/operator as a Trevor Carlson, and I’m pretty sure that’s our guy. Now for the really interesting bit: I searched on his name and found all

We know there is a web page to help advertise the charter business owned and operated by Trevor. Julie discussed it with him early in the story.

One part of what Gonzalez say’s to Henry, at first made no sense to me to me at all.. Here it is

Ocean Star Charters was created as a charter business, though there’s no record of it ever running a charter, or Rachel either, for that matter.

Rachel was running charters. That is an established fact. But, Gonzalez say’s there is no record of it. I do not know in what records Gonzalez discovered this information.

We know that one of the charges Dirk was waiting for the expiration of a Statute of Limitations on had to do with IRS. In Chapter 54, Frank Tittle explains this charge related to Dirk’s filing Rachel’s final tax return.

We know, based on information from Bridget, Rachel was being investigated by some law enforcement agency. The investigation was started because Bridget notified somebody, Rachel was breaking the law. The impression I received reading Bridget’s statements is, Rachel was involved in laundering money.

According to what Gonzalez said, the Ares was listed as being owned by Ocean Star Charters. Trevor was listed as the owner of the company.

We know the Lagoon 55 Rachel purchased from Bridget, for cash, listed Trevor as the new owner. There is no mention anywhere in the story, previous to Chapter 92 about Trevor also being the owner of the Ares, by virtue of his owning Ocean Star Charters.

We know the insurance payout for Ares was Fifty thousand dollars. Trevor’s Atlantis has an insured hull and property value of Six hundred thousand dollars. Even though ten years have passed, this will give you an idea of how much the Ares was under insured.

My understanding of how things work regarding money laundering is, the United States Government is usually in the forefront of any such investigation. The statement by Sergeant Gonzalez that no record of any charters being reported leads me to one conclusion. Rachel was operating a cash business, paying no tax on any income. She apparently did this for approximately ten years.

Once any governmental agency commenced an investigation involving money, I would think they would have started looking at Income Tax Returns. Ocean Star Charters operated two vessels and had three employees. With a potential gross daily income of one thousand dollars per day, times two vessels, the amount of income would have been very substantial. Any active investigation concerning money laundering might have had to come to a halt with the disappearance of Rachel. Dirk may have been able to keep himself clear of any criminal liability, but I am having a problem understanding why, the government didn’t move to seize any property remaining. The main asset, the Ares was gone. However, the placing of the second Lagoon 55 in Trevor’s name was clearly an attempt to illegally place it beyond the tax mans greedy grasp.

One thing for sure, I believe Sergeant Gonzalez has had his eyes opened regarding Rachel. Methinks he will start to look at the events relating to the Disappearance from an entirely different point of view. He really has no right to complain. Henry has told him the truth.

Something to consider.

Marty

Posted Image ....................... Marty, I beleive you have given us the who, what and how of the crime. What we are missing is the why! My contention is that Rachel found Arnolds secret compartment and thought she and her family were at risk of being killed by the cartel if she turned it over to the authorities. She knew she was going to need money and lot's of it so the idea that she never filed taxes on the charters makes sense.

Well Benji, the time and date are approaching for the secrets hidden in Circumnavigation to come out of the shadows and be examined. It is my opinion we have unearthed and unmasked many of them.

There are still a few that elude us. Some completely, but they are very few, IMO. Others we differ in our deductions. I would like to present my opinion on one of the less important ones.

We agree that Rachel is currently in Australia and is aware of what is taking place in and around Carnarvon. She cannot allow herself to be seen by Trevor. My considered opinion is the residents of that location know her as Mrs. Sarah Blake. I do not know if she is actually married to Martin Blake. I do not believe, It matters what the actual relationship is. I believe Sarah has a long affiliation with Shelly Foster. It is obvious Shelly has extensive information about Trevor. I believe it is very probable that Shelly is the sister of Rachel, therefore truly is, Trevor’s aunt.

I do not believe Greg Foster had any knowledge, of the events occurring at the time of the Disappearance, when he first encountered Trevor aboard his Atlantis.

Benji, Keeping what I just said in mind, go back and read Chapter 59 about when Greg boarded Trevor’s stripped boat. Pay special attention to the narrator’s description of Greg’s attitude and responses to Trevor’s story as he told it. Also read any dialogue in recent chapters between him and his wife. Examine his statements to others, especially his partner Craig. I believe Greg Foster was very impressed by Trevor and his tale. Once his wife gave him the information about what had occurred at the time of the Disappearance, Greg has certainly acting like a benevolent uncle. How much he was told about the happenings in Florida a decade ago, I would not even guess at.

Exactly what Rachel’s legal status is, would be impossible for me to determine, with as little actual information has been disclosed so far in the story. I do not believe she is going to be cleared because of an expiration of any Statute of Limitations. I do believe she is once again manipulating events and any outcome derived from them, I would be utterly surprised if she didn’t walk away from everything, legally exonerated of any criminal charges. I do not mean she disappears again. How she will pull this off I do not know. I wouldn’t try to guess.

Benji, you know I think Rachel is a lowlife. I am well aware you do not agree with me regarding her. Our agreement to agree to disagree stands solid. However I do not intend to stop voicing my opinion of her. I do not believe there is much difference between her and Bridget Bellevue. Whether or not the dark side of Rachel/Sarah becomes known is impossible for me even to guess at. Only time will tell.

Looking forward to you comments.

Marty

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..