Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Brain Storming

B).................... I thought only sheep had wool, does the goat have something I'm not aware of? 0:)

Ahhem! Surely you've heard of Angora sweaters, Cashmere sweaters, etc? Those are from goat wool. :P

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Benji,

I need some assistance. I would like to set up Poll, but do not know how. If you are familiar with the procedure please give me some help,

Thank you

Marty

Edited by MartyS

A poll?

Uhoh. :ph34r:

Well, you pretty much need to have the poll in a thread of its own. It can be added to an existing one, but it gets messy as earlier posts make no sense, and the poll is always part of the first post.

To start a poll, just start a new topic. Right below the topic title field and description is a blue button, in the center, that says "manage poll topic.". Press it, and it opens up the poll screen, which is pretty self-explanatory once you're in it.

CJ :)

A poll?

Uhoh. :ph34r:

Well, you pretty much need to have the poll in a thread of its own. It can be added to an existing one, but it gets messy as earlier posts make no sense, and the poll is always part of the first post.

To start a poll, just start a new topic. Right below the topic title field and description is a blue button, in the center, that says "manage poll topic.". Press it, and it opens up the poll screen, which is pretty self-explanatory once you're in it.

B)........... Ever so helpful Goat!! :lol:

Hi Benji,

Two items I would like to bring to your attention. One is off the wall. The second is a possible problem for, “The Goat.”

The first one is, how is it possible that Bridget doesn’t know about the Professor from the University who is developing the Side Scan sonar. If she volunteered her boat for him to use, she could think she was in a favorable position to be there, when and if he discovers the missing Ares. We know it is not there, but she doesn’t.

The second matter is a statement made by Officer Fowler to Trevor when he telephoned him. Here is a copy of part of the conversation.

We’re concerned this might be worse than a nosy reporter, given the attempts on your life. What I need to know is, who did you tell the name of your mother’s family to? That reporter knew it was Smith and was using it.”

We know from Chapter 70, that Trevor never told Martin Blake the family name of the relatives he wished to locate in Northam. I have no recollection of Trevor informing anyone in Australia about the name Smith, except Shane. This is confirmed in Chapter 86 when Fowler is talking to Trevor. What s bothering me is how did Fowler know the Family Name of Smith? Read carefully the portion of their conversation. I definitely get the impression that Fowler knew the name. I am looking forward with anticipation to watch how, CHJ, explains how Officer Fowler knew the name Smith.

The only possibility I can think of is, Martin Blake mentioned the name Smith, when asking Greg to help look for Trevor’s relations. But that doesn’t make sense either. Why would Martin ask Fowler to help in locating Trevor’s family, if he already knew the Family Name? If he didn’t know the name, how was Fowler supposed to search without it?

Confusing, isn’t it.

Marty

Hi Benji,

Two items I would like to bring to your attention. One is off the wall. The second is a possible problem for, “The Goat.”

The first one is, how is it possible that Bridget doesn’t know about the Professor from the University who is developing the Side Scan sonar. If she volunteered her boat for him to use, she could think she was in a favorable position to be there, when and if he discovers the missing Ares. We know it is not there, but she doesn’t.

Good question, I would have imagined it would have saved her the trouble of trying to frame Lisa and Joel to prevent them from continuing the search by hiring the professor herself. It would probably have cost her less money (coke isn't cheap, I gather), she just have to hire a crew for him, and if she owned another Cat.

The second matter is a statement made by Officer Fowler to Trevor when he telephoned him. Here is a copy of part of the conversation.

We know from Chapter 70, that Trevor never told Martin Blake the family name of the relatives he wished to locate in Northam. I have no recollection of Trevor informing anyone in Australia about the name Smith, except Shane. This is confirmed in Chapter 86 when Fowler is talking to Trevor. What s bothering me is how did Fowler know the Family Name of Smith? Read carefully the portion of their conversation. I definitely get the impression that Fowler knew the name. I am looking forward with anticipation to watch how, CHJ, explains how Officer Fowler knew the name Smith.

The only possibility I can think of is, Martin Blake mentioned the name Smith, when asking Greg to help look for Trevor’s relations. But that doesn’t make sense either. Why would Martin ask Fowler to help in locating Trevor’s family, if he already knew the Family Name? If he didn’t know the name, how was Fowler supposed to search without it?

Confusing, isn’t it.

I think what you hit on was something Martin should not have said to Fowler, because Martin already knew who Trevor's relatives were and was buying time by having Fowler look it up in Northham. By deflecting the real whereabouts of the family. Remember Trevor did not tell Martin the family name, so Fowler will have to be suspicious of Martin too. This puts the plot of where Rachel is, and it sounds to be very close to home of the Blakes. That is the only way I can see the goat getting out of this.

Marty

B)........ My thoughts!!

The professor needs a boat with a large, stable deck, and the ability to carry over a ton of gear and tow the sonar under power at ten knots or more. Atlantis can do it, but Bridget's Sea Witch can't; it has the power, but it's a monohull, and so lacks the needed stability. Kookaburra, though, has been found to be suitable. And Kookaburra is now covered by Trevor's insurance, globally. And the search has to happen in April.

As for the Smith issue.. All I can say is its not an error. And Fowler sure did act fast; he had Kline covered by his gun as soon as he announced himself as Trevor's relative. Quick thinking on Fowler's part. :2thumbs::)

As for the Smith issue.. All I can say is its not an error. And Fowler sure did act fast; he had Kline covered by his gun as soon as he announced himself as Trevor's relative. Quick thinking on Fowler's part. :2thumbs::)

My professional opinion regarding the way Fowler immediately reacted to Kline is totally negative. The way the incident was handled by him was pure overkill. Nothing described indicated any immediate threat to anyone, except Officer Grundig. Based on the description given, Craig was directly down range from the officer holding and aiming his weapon. I do not include the dirtbag reporter as being in danger.

I am not familiar with the ballistic information for the 9mm Glock Semi-auto, nor do I have any way of knowing the characteristics of the cartridges in that individual weapon. I do know the projectiles fired from police style handguns, occasionally pass right through a body.

Taking it to the next level, Foster's over reaction instantly slammed the door on getting any further information from Kline. The reporter clammed up and refused to answer any questions. Fowler knew Trevor was not in immediate danger. IMHO I would not want Fowler as a working partner, for sure.

My professional opinion regarding the way Fowler immediately reacted to Kline is totally negative. The way the incident was handled by him was pure overkill. Nothing described indicated any immediate threat to anyone, except Officer Grundig. Based on the description given, Craig was directly down range from the officer holding and aiming his weapon. I do not include the dirtbag reporter as being in danger.

I am not familiar with the ballistic information for the 9mm Glock Semi-auto, nor do I have any way of knowing the characteristics of the cartridges in that individual weapon. I do know the projectiles fired from police style handguns, occasionally pass right through a body.

Taking it to the next level, Foster's over reaction instantly slammed the door on getting any further information from Kline. The reporter clammed up and refused to answer any questions. Fowler knew Trevor was not in immediate danger. IMHO I would not want Fowler as a working partner, for sure.

Grundig wouldn't have been directly in the line of fire; Kline wasn't blocking his view of Fowler, so Kline could not have been directly between them. Also, Grundig was sitting, Kline standing, so Kline's chest (what Fowler had his gun trained on) was well out of any line of fire that would hit Grundig, barring internal ricochet (Fowler hitting a bone). Fowler would have only fired if Kline had drawn a weapon, at which point Grundig would be in more danger from Kline than the off chance of a bone ricochet (assuming Fowler's ammo isn't hollow-point, which a lot of law enforcement ammo is)

Fowler's response was seemingly incongruous, wasn't it? But, could there be a reason? Part of it is that they think a killer showing up to find Trevor is at least quite possible (and impersonating a relative trying to find the guy someone has tried to kill twice before would be a darn good clue). He's just broken the law by committing an arrestable offense, and they have reason to believe he may be a killer and thus possibly armed, so would Fowler's desire to get the drop on, and take into custody, the suspected killer still be incongruous? And if so, under what additional circumstances might it not be? :)

Grundig wouldn't have been directly in the line of fire; Kline wasn't blocking his view of Fowler, so Kline could not have been directly between them. Also, Grundig was sitting, Kline standing, so Kline's chest (what Fowler had his gun trained on) was well out of any line of fire that would hit Grundig, barring internal ricochet (Fowler hitting a bone). Fowler would have only fired if Kline had drawn a weapon, at which point Grundig would be in more danger from Kline than the off chance of a bone ricochet (assuming Fowler's ammo isn't hollow-point, which a lot of law enforcement ammo is)

Fowler's response was seemingly incongruous, wasn't it? But, could there be a reason? Part of it is that they think a killer showing up to find Trevor is at least quite possible (and impersonating a relative trying to find the guy someone has tried to kill twice before would be a darn good clue). He's just broken the law by committing an arrestable offense, and they have reason to believe he may be a killer and thus possibly armed, so would Fowler's desire to get the drop on, and take into custody, the suspected killer still be incongruous? And if so, under what additional circumstances might it not be? :)

You have the right to hold any opinion you wish. I will stand by my original response without further comment.

B)........ My thoughts!!

Confusing, isn’t it.

Marty

I think what you hit on was something Martin should not have said to Fowler, because Martin already knew who Trevor's relatives were and was buying time by having Fowler look it up in Northham. By deflecting the real whereabouts of the family. Remember Trevor did not tell Martin the family name, so Fowler will have to be suspicious of Martin too. This puts the plot of where Rachel is, and it sounds to be very close to home of the Blakes. That is the only way I can see the goat getting out of this.

........ My thoughts!!

Hi Benji,

Sorry about that. I read your response and while I was considering what to say, I got sidetracked.

You have to figure, CHJ has a major problem his hands. He wants to delay as long as possible revealing the basic core mystery element, “What actually happened in 1997.” At the same time he has to keep the storyline advancing day by day, in December 2006.

With the current situation in Australia that is tough. We know how Kline learned the name Smith. The Goat was real careful writing about Fowler’s conversations with Trevor, regarding the incident with Kline. IMHO I think The Goat was hoping no one would pick up on the fact of how Fowler learned the name. It could only have come from Martin Blake. Blake could only know he name, if he was aware of the scenario which occurred when the Ares and Rachel disappeared. I wish I had been a fly on the wall when Martin discussed this with Fowler. Keep in mind he couldn’t have told Fowler everything.

I have no way of knowing exactly what Martin told Fowler. However, since we believe Rachel is involved, I am sure it was a well-planned scheme. Somehow Martin convinced Greg to agree with the plan. I have no doubt he never told Greg anything about what took place in Florida and the Bahamas approximately a decade ago.

I am inclined to think the Kookaburra will sail with the happy couple aboard. If Trevor is smart, he will open an account in the Carnarvon Bank. Then transfer some of his money into an account he can use a bankcard to withdraw necessary funds. I wonder if the Kookaburra has radar. Nothing has been mentioned so far in the story regarding this.

Marty

You have to figure, CHJ has a major problem his hands. He wants to delay as long as possible revealing the basic core mystery element, “What actually happened in 1997.” At the same time he has to keep the storyline advancing day by day, in December 2006.

True, and as an added factor, I have to keep dropping clues in the chapters. But, we're getting ever closer to the 17th... so expect the amount of clues to increase. :-)

With the current situation in Australia that is tough. We know how Kline learned the name Smith. The Goat was real careful writing about Fowler’s conversations with Trevor, regarding the incident with Kline. IMHO I think The Goat was hoping no one would pick up on the fact of how Fowler learned the name. It could only have come from Martin Blake. Blake could only know he name, if he was aware of the scenario which occurred when the Ares and Rachel disappeared. I wish I had been a fly on the wall when Martin discussed this with Fowler. Keep in mind he couldn’t have told Fowler everything.

I wasn't the only one who was real careful with his words.

In the customs shack, Fowler paced, his teeth grinding as he phrased his question, “Trevor, when you met with Martin Blake, you mentioned trying to find some relatives of yours, in Northam, which is inland from Perth. Martin and I have been friends since our school days, so he did share that with me, hoping I could help. The long and the short of it is, someone showed up at the customs office today, claiming to be one of your relatives and looking for you. Turns out, he’s an impostor: probably a reporter. I arrested him for the fake name and fraud, though he won’t be locked up for long. We’re concerned this might be worse than a nosy reporter, given the attempts on your life. What I need to know is, who did you tell the name of your mother’s family to? That reporter knew it was Smith and was using it.”

It's true that Fowler and Blake have been friends since their school days. Blake told Trevor that when they met, too.

I wonder if the Kookaburra has radar. Nothing has been mentioned so far in the story regarding this.

Yes, she does. It's been mentioned that she has AIS, but you're right, I haven't mentioned active radar. It'd be standard gear on a yacht that size, though so far, we haven't seen her in waters where it would be used too much.

You're right that Trevor told no one in Australia the family name, except Shane, and the narration confirms that Shane told no one. Kline knew, because the yacht club clerk overheard it.

In this case, there is much to be learned form the actions and responses when Kline showed up at the customs shack.

And BTW, Benji, please try to explain to Marty that all this cliffhanger stuff is just a running joke in the forum, and that I really don't ever use cliffhangers. He's being rather stubborn when I try to tell him. :blink:

And BTW, Benji, please try to explain to Marty that all this cliffhanger stuff is just a running joke in the forum, and that I really don't ever use cliffhangers. He's being rather stubborn when I try to tell him. :blink:

0:)............. I can try, but Marty can be as stubborn ...... as a goat! :lol:

[/color]

Hi Benji,

Sorry about that. I read your response and while I was considering what to say, I got sidetracked.

I think it will move faster after the next chapter, let's hope that nosy store clerk doesn't figure out Trevor's new cell phone number. :angry:

1st off Kline will probably get released the day after Trevor is gone, he will continue snooping around. Hopefully Ned being Ned, will press trespassing charges! :music: Martin is in a sticky wicket situation here, He cannot have told Fowler everything, otherwise the statutes game may be up, if Fowler is on the up and up. Then again do the statues extend to a foreign country? What if Blake is also being kept in the dark here and is only giving information fed to him by Mrs. Blake, Hmmmmm! 0:)

I have no way of knowing exactly what Martin told Fowler. However, since we believe Rachel is involved, I am sure it was a well-planned scheme. Somehow Martin convinced Greg to agree with the plan. I have no doubt he never told Greg anything about what took place in Florida and the Bahamas approximately a decade ago.

I agree, like I said above Martin could have been fed only a little of the story behind the family name.

I am inclined to think the Kookaburra will sail with the happy couple aboard. If Trevor is smart, he will open an account in the Carnarvon Bank. Then transfer some of his money into an account he can use a bankcard to withdraw necessary funds. I wonder if the Kookaburra has radar. Nothing has been mentioned so far in the story regarding this.

This is like flipping the coin of the hit-man, it can go either way, although I tend to agree the goat is going to keep them both afloat!! :lol: Hey, what happens if the hit-man gets as sea sick like Dirk? 0:) Will he sub-contract out to another 'cough' professional that gets the wrong head on another catamaran. :lmao: Bridget gets her wrong head delivered, and by then the shit hit's the fan. This is fun!!! :lmao:

Marty

My crazy thoughts!!! :boy:

My crazy thoughts!!! :boy:

Hi Benji,

Not too crazy. We will see how things develop. Nothing that has occurred in recent chapters appears to challenge any of our conclusions. As a matter of fact, when it was determined that Officer Fowler knew the family name of Trevor's Australian relatives, this was the first real step to authenticate our predictions.

Marty

Err, Benji,

This is like flipping the coin of the hit-man, it can go either way, although I tend to agree the goat is going to keep them both afloat!! Hey, what happens if the hit-man gets as sea sick like Dirk? Will he sub-contract out to another 'cough' professional that gets the wrong head on another catamaran. Bridget gets her wrong head delivered, and by then the shit hit's the fan. This is fun!!!

I have a question. Who's head.

Marty

Err, Benji,

I have a question. Who's head.

B)......... I'm thinking a total 'F-up' and the guy getting the wrong Catamaran and head! Both the hit-man and Sanchez send it forward without really looking at it, and it arriving at Bridget's place and she realizes it is the wrong target. Too late by that time, Trevor's 3rd life is used but still it is just an assumption that they actually go for the 'head on a silver plate' route, which is not beyond the goats means of story telling. When I said too late, I mean that the other factors will come into play and Sanchez will realize he was duped by Bridget, he will change his focus. However his prestige will cost him his life in the end.

Marty

B)

0:)............. I can try, but Marty can be as stubborn ...... as a goat! :lol:

OK. I was confused

Marty, does this mean you're coming to realize that I don't really use cliffhangers? :2thumbs:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, Marty... take a look at the last line of my siggy; not so long ago, you were telling Benji that he should be ashamed of himself for saying that I use cliffhangers... what happened? Did Benji corrupt you? :blink: :blink:

Awww, Marty... take a look at the last line of my siggy; not so long ago, you were telling Benji that he should be ashamed of himself for saying that I use cliffhangers... what happened? Did Benji corrupt you? :blink: :blink:

Nope. I learned that you speak with a Forked Tongue.

Hi Benji,

Chapter 87 was very good, EXCEPT, it was the, “Nasty Goat,” showing his malicious side.

Go back and read this entire conversation between Trev and Ned in Chapter 79, starting with the following quote:

Chapter 79

Trevor glanced at the phone in his hand. “One more call I really need to make: Ned. I’ve got to find out what’s going on with Atlantis.

Do you recall the speculation raised by this portion of Chapter 79, immediately after it’s publication? Chapter 79 is a very good example of CHJ and his insidious CLIFFHANGERS. He created this one in, “79,” then left us hanging for eight chapters. I, for sure, was waiting for Trev to arrive at the boatyard, and a justification for the weird, un-natural communication on Wednesday, November 29th.

The Goat strikes again.

Marty

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..