Movies on Netflix

intune

I don't have many movie selections on Netflix but I'd recommend these shows: Dexter (probably my favorite show, EVER), Arrested Development, The Office, Jericho, Veronica Mars, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka. Those are just some random suggestions of shows that entertained me.

Another suggestion for Dexter, Arrested Development, and Battlestar Galactica. I would also recommend MI5 (Spooks), Numbers, Psych, Archer, Trailer Park Boys, Luther, Firefly (and then Serenity if you like Firefly), Bones, Peep Show, uhmmm I think that is all for tv shows. As for movies, Cashback, Heartbeats, District B13, Cocaine Cowboys. That is all I can think of right now.

If you don't mind reading the subtitles, there is a Korean movie that I would recommend. It's called 'Silenced' .. when i watched it I was not expecting it to be so heart breaking. Even though you'd have to read the subtitles because it is not dubbed, I still think it is worth looking at it. It will leave surprised for sure. At least that is what it did to me, and also teary so have a box of tissues near by :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hrrrm a if thats a good one one good sugestion i have would be "Patrik Age 1.5" about a gay couple who think thire adopting a one year old and end up adopting a 15 year old homophobe. quit an intrsting stroy and it nice to see the changes the characters go through.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, on Netflix they're currently running a movie called Private Romeo. It's a low-budget indie that seeks to transplant the setting of Romeo and Juliet to a modern all-boys military academy.

It could have done very, very badly, but I thought this was a pretty decent adaption. It's definitely an interesting take on an often-done story, and the actors actually had a good comprehension of Shakespeare. (A lot of the "modern-take" adaptions usually don't.) I also really, really liked the touch of having these soldiers posting videos to Youtube as part of a means to advance the plot, because there are so many soldier Youtube videos out there. The actors playing Romeo and Juliet had insanely good chemistry, although I thought the guy who played Mercutio was the strongest actor in this.

The camera work on this sucked, though, and the ending didn't quite work for me, but I'm still recommending this.

Here's a clip:

The Balcony Scene

Like I said, I thought these two guys had insanely good chemistry, and a pretty good grasp of Shakespeare. I mean, I'll always love the Leo/Claire Romeo and Juliet from 1996, because they were what introduced me to the story, but Claire Danes seriously didn't seem to know what the hell she was saying as Juliet. These guys do.

• Like 1

Since you mentioned looking for "intriguing," there IS a television series I'd suggest: Sherlock. There are three episodes of this BBC produced reboot of Sherlock Holmes. Normally, I tend to dislike remakes and reboots and I really love the period-authentic Granada TV versions of the Sherlock Holmes stories starring Jeremy Brett (also available on Netflix!), but these three 90-minute episodes are absolutely excellent! Definitely worth the time!!