Comicfan - For the Love of Beauty by comicfan

• Site Administrator

For the Love of Beauty by comicfan

Venus has always been known as the Goddess of Love and Beauty. What happens when she finds a rival to her beauty in the form of a man? What happens when she attempts to woo him and insults Invidia, the Goddess of Envy, angering her into action? So the Legend of Speciosus is born.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

Nicely done. I felt like I was sitting at a play watching on as these gods and goddesses fought amongst themselves, forgetting about the one individual and what he wanted who mattered the most. Speciosus finally found happiness, while the gods and goddesses themselves were deprived of his beauty. It brings to mind a saying, "If you love something, let it go."

Just one of many thoughts that passed through my head while I crafted this. I will give credit to my editor, Frostina, who helped to keep me on task without going too far one way or the other. I am glad you enjoyed this. :)

The big pieces are here, the foundation of a legend is clearly present. But these pieces need to be built on with more care. I just see so much more for a story of this caliber. Details can be given if you want them.

Tejun

I was trying really hard to keep this a short story. It would have been so easy to let it spin into something more. I'm already set to turn my last Anthology into a full story.Glad you enjoyed it though.