A Sports Forum?

TetRefine

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a GA Sports Forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe.

Would you participate in a general sports forum? I know sports fans on GA are a minority, but hey, we're a passionate minority. This forum would hopefully include all sports from the NFL and college football, NHL, NBA, MLB, soccer leagues, rugby, lacrosse, etc.

Obviously I have no power to create a forum, but maybe if enough people show interest it could be a possibility.

you could always make a thread and use that thread.... and if the thread becomes long enough maybe all yall will get a forum section.... though I know a thread is too much of a singularity for the wide array of sports...

• Site Administrator

I agree Connor. I may have to turn in my Moderator's cap and be moderated if I join Posted Image

Funny how a lot of us can deal with politics, yet can't turn a blind eye to a dig on our favourite sports team, me in particular. I'm still holding it against you about the whole bra incident Posted Image Just kidding Posted Image

Curiosity killing me, anyone want to talk about who they think will make it the the CFL playoffs and win the Grey Cup?

**hears a pin drop**

Go Flames Go!

Edited by wildone

That said, I would caution that it could be a moderators' nightmare.

BIG F**K**G WhOOp yU C*CKS**KERS BeAT US TODDAY, UR THE WORLDS BIgGEST F**KINN CASE OF PENIS ENVY AnD ITZ NOT LIKE ANY1S DENYING YALL DONE DID OK BUT JEZUS ON A MUTHAF***IN STICK SHUT UP NOBODY GIVES A SH*T AND WE ALL SAW WHAT THAT B**CH@SS DID AT THE END OF 3RD QUARTER, WAY TO BE A GOOD SPORT. GO SUCK A BIG FAT DONKEY C*CK WITH THE REST 'A YOUR 3RD GRADE EDJUCATED ReD NECK MORON FAN BASE BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Posted Image

Edited by Yang Bang

I agree Connor. I may have to turn in my Moderator's cap and be moderated if I join Posted Image

Funny how a lot of us can deal with politics, yet can't turn a blind eye to a dig on our favourite sports team, me in particular. I'm still holding it against you about the whole bra incident Posted Image Just kidding Posted Image

Curiosity killing me, anyone want to talk about who they think will make it the the CFL playoffs and win the Grey Cup?

**hears a pin drop**

Go Flames Go!

Exactly!! BC Lions all the way! Posted Image The CFL championship game (Grey Cup game) is in Vancouver. It only makes sense that we should win. After spending half a billion dollars on upgrading our stadium, BC taxpayers deserve some....uhmmm......payback! Please ignore the fact that we got field goal'd to death by a third place eastern team. That was a staistical outlier!

You mean like...

BIG F**K**G WhOOp yU C*CKS**KER BeAT US TODDAY, UR THE WORLDS BIgGEST F**KINN CASE OF PENIS ENVY AnD ITZ NOT LIKE ANY1S DENYING YALL DONE DID OK BUT JEZUS ON A MUTHAF***IN STICK SHUTCHO @SS UP AND YALL CAN GO SUCK A BIG FAT DONKEY C*CK WITH THE REST 'A YOUR 3RD GRADE EDJUCATED ReD NECK MORON FAN BASE BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Posted Image

Yup!

**hears a pin drop**

Go Flames Go!

Somehow I feel I should say something in defense of the Riders, but I got nothing, lol

To all my Canadian friends. Posted Image Except for Steve, cause he was a good hockey fan and cheered for the right team, despite being north of the border. Posted Image Love you Steve. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TetRefine

I have soooooooooooooooooooooooo much trash to talk with college football. PLEASE

I have soooooooooooooooooooooooo much trash to talk with college football. PLEASE

Mac Brown (the football coach for the evil empire, t.u.) and R.C. Slocum were riding together to a coaches conference and they got in a wreck and both of them died. They entered the Pearly Gates and God takes Mak Brown on his tour of heaven first. He shows Mac a little two-bedroom house with an old faded Longhorn banner hanging from the front porch. "This is your house coach. Most people don't get their own house up here," God says. Mac looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on the top of the hill. It's a huge three story mansion with white marble columns. Georgeous Texas A&M flags line both sides of the sidewalk and a huge A&M banner hangs between the marble columns. "Thanks for the house, God. But let me ask you a question. We have beat Texas A&M many times and all I get is this little two-bedroom house with a faded banner while R.C. Slocum gets a mansion with a huge Aggie banner and sparkling new Aggie flags flying all over the place. Why is that?" God looks at him seriously for a moment, then with a smile, God says, "Son, that's not R.C. Slocum's house, THAT'S MY HOUSE!!"

Mac Brown (the football coach for the evil empire, t.u.) and R.C. Slocum were riding together to a coaches conference and they got in a wreck and both of them died. They entered the Pearly Gates and God takes Mak Brown on his tour of heaven first. He shows Mac a little two-bedroom house with an old faded Longhorn banner hanging from the front porch. "This is your house coach. Most people don't get their own house up here," God says. Mac looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on the top of the hill. It's a huge three story mansion with white marble columns. Georgeous Texas A&M flags line both sides of the sidewalk and a huge A&M banner hangs between the marble columns. "Thanks for the house, God. But let me ask you a question. We have beat Texas A&M many times and all I get is this little two-bedroom house with a faded banner while R.C. Slocum gets a mansion with a huge Aggie banner and sparkling new Aggie flags flying all over the place. Why is that?" God looks at him seriously for a moment, then with a smile, God says, "Son, that's not R.C. Slocum's house, THAT'S MY HOUSE!!"

Wow, even with God on their side, they still can't win a bowl game.

Posted Image

Good riddance...but at the same time, that's >100 years of tradition ending.

and time for em to rewrite their fight song, which is practically about us.

Eh.. in a few years Tex. A&M will wish they still played Texas, when they're getting the snot kicked out of them by LSU and Alabama on a regular basis. :P

Great- another team in the SEC Mississippi State or Ole Miss can't compete with. Posted Image

We play Florida, Auburn, Alabama and LSU every year. If we get a seven win season, we're probably ranked.

Hey now! Did everyone forget it's the WORLD SERIES right now??? Have you seen them Cardinals play? Molina is the best catcher in either league, would've been MVP of game 3 if not for whatshisname's homeruns....

• Site Administrator

I like the idea... but I noticed that almost all the sports listed in the original post were from North America Posted Image

So how about a few posts from the Commonwealth and European members on the subject? What about football (AFL, Union or League for the Australian/NZ crowd, Soccer for the European and South American crowd, or some silly sport involving lots of armor plating for the American crowd Posted Image) or cricket (for the cricketing nations).

The World Cup has just finished (congratulations to the Kiwis, commiserations to the French), the League and AFL have just had their grand finals (congratulations to Manly and GO CATS!!!!!) so it's too late to talk about them, but there's always some sort of sporting event going on....

Edited by Graeme

^ Those numbers seem wayyy off

Does anyone use common sense or intuition when running statistics anymore? I'm not sure who they polled but I highly doubt Auburn is the most followed team in the SEC.